Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:17   #196
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Hey, did you figure out what was the cause of this issue? I have an RS and I haven't had any issues with it so far. Then again I've only driven it about 3000kms over the entire year I've owned it.
Yes, something to do with BS4 settings, they said they have replaced both the cables and a canister post which so far there are no issues.
srikanthpotluri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 13:25   #197
BHPian

I just completed my service few days ago, it came out to be about 10500/-.

It is the 1st year service. This is my second service, first was done during the first month and this is the 1st year service.

Engine feels smoother now, revs well. I haven't ridden the bike much to be able to tell other differences but the clutch they seem to have changed the position as to the angle. It feels much longer than what it used to be stock and I'm having a hard time in traffic trying to get hold of it inspite of me having large hands.
Old 1st June 2019, 15:57   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Engine feels smoother now, revs well. I haven't ridden the bike much to be able to tell other differences but the clutch they seem to have changed the position as to the angle. It feels much longer than what it used to be stock and I'm having a hard time in traffic trying to get hold of it inspite of me having large hands.
May be the Svc changed the clutch Lever travel adjustment. Try changing it and see if it mitigates the problem you face.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 07:51. Reason: Trimmed quote.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 14:05   #199
BHPian

Quote:
The clutch cable free-play adjuster nut keeps getting loose and hampers a sooth clutch operation sometimes. I've adjusted it about 3-4 times since I have got the bike. Best would be to re-adjust it according to when the clutch engagement starts and tighten it at that setting.
The newer RS I've seen in the showroom has some new type of a clutch cable which is visibly shorter in length and doesn't come in way of your sight when you're trying to read the display screen.

Does anyone know why have they changed the cable in the newer bikes?

(The image below is a generic one)
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-050317howtoadjustclutchcableadjuster1.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 07:52. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 15:04   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
The clutch cable free-play adjuster nut keeps getting loose and hampers a sooth clutch operation sometimes. I've adjusted it about 3-4 times since I have got the bike. Best would be to re-adjust it according to when the clutch engagement starts and tighten it at that setting.
I haven't been using the motorcycle much lately, so haven't sorted the issue out. Will do sometime this weekend.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 07:57. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:33   #201
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to negotiate a discount on one of these? Also, what is Triumph policy on aftermarket slip on cans? The dealer says it will void warranty, which I find strange, considering that it just a slip on. He's pushing for a free Arrow if I buy one. I think I'd prefer SC project or something else.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:55   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to negotiate a discount on one of these? Also, what is Triumph policy on aftermarket slip on cans? The dealer says it will void warranty, which I find strange, considering that it just a slip on. He's pushing for a free Arrow if I buy one. I think I'd prefer SC project or something else.
Isn't it interesting that an Arrow slip-on purchased from/provided by the dealer shall not void the warranty, but a slip-on of another make sourced by an owner would?

In my opinion these are simply coercion tactics by dealers to force owners to get aftermarket parts from them. My suggestion would be to go with the option which you feel is appropriate, don't worry about the warranty.

As long as you're sourcing the slip-on from an authentic vendor and it's made by a well-established manufacturer, there shouldn't be a cause for concern.

As for discount, my experience with Triumph dealer has been a mixed bag. They try to play hardball during the initial stage of negotiation. Also it would help if the dealer in your city has a RS in stock which they haven't been able to move. In this case, there's a high probability that you may be able to squeeze out some discount/benefits. When I was hunting for a bike, I was offered a discount of 30k INR for the Street Triple S and after a couple of weeks it increased to 75k with the remainder being offered as free gear. A contributing factor was that they had 5-month old stock.

Street Triple RS being a CBU, may be an even more difficult bike to move if the dealer has stock. So you may actually want to check with multiple dealers.

Last edited by GoBlue : 24th July 2019 at 15:14.
Old 24th July 2019, 15:17   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Street Triple RS being a CBU, may be an even more difficult bike to move if the dealer has stock. So you may actually want to check with different dealers.
No wonder it is so expensive. I had no idea it was a CBU. I have no idea where/how to source after market cans in India. I'd end up buying one from the US or UK and hand carrying it down.
I'd have preferred the R, but that's not available and I want the TFT with Slip Assist and the brakes of the RS. MUCH prefer the torque tune on yours though!
Sadly, Bangalore has only the one dealer. I'm in no rush yet as a lot of stars need to align for me to purchase, but, hopefully soon enough!

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 07:56. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 24th July 2019, 17:59   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

He is bullshitting about slip-on affecting warranty. Go ahead and get it from the US no worries.
Old 24th July 2019, 19:07   #205
BHPian

Quote:
No wonder it is so expensive. I had no idea it was a CBU. I have no idea where/how to source after market cans in India. I'd end up buying one from the US or UK and hand carrying it down.
If you have the means to get it hand-carried from the US, it would be the best option. The customs duty & GST charged by GoI makes the exhausts ridiculously expensive.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 07:54. Reason: Typo.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 09:55   #206
BHPian

The idea behind the dealer selling the slip-on is to make you pay for the slip-on and then pay again to re-load the ECU with maps meant for the Arrow slip-on. At least that's what the Pune dealer indicated. He was willing to give me about 15% off on the Arrow.
I don't think a map is required just to adjust a little reduction in back-pressure especially because of the Arrow slip-on.
Probably, a full-system setup or maybe a full free-flow slip-on might need ECU re-flashing but I'm not sure.

Akrapovic has come out with another Slip-on which looks nice and might sound good too. Image attached below.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rs-s-2017-2019

GoBlue are you from Pune? Would be great to catch up sometime!
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-akrapovic_slip_on_exhaust_triumph_street_triple76520172019_1800x1800.jpg  

Last edited by Crankpin : 25th July 2019 at 10:00.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 12:05   #207
BHPian

Quote:
GoBlue are you from Pune? Would be great to catch up sometime!
Hey, Crankpin. Yes, I'm from Pune. Have PM'ed you.
Old 25th July 2019, 12:59   #208
BHPian

Quote:
No wonder it is so expensive. I had no idea it was a CBU.
My bad, it is indeed a CKD.

Checked the road tax component of the pricing against the ex-showroom to confirm CKD vs. CBU.

Thanks to BHPian Crankpin for pointing it out!

Last edited by GoBlue : 25th July 2019 at 13:26.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 14:31   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The idea behind the dealer selling the slip-on is to make you pay for the slip-on and then pay again to re-load the ECU with maps meant for the Arrow slip-on. At least that's what the Pune dealer indicated. He was willing to give me about 15% off on the Arrow.
I don't think a map is required just to adjust a little reduction in back-pressure especially because of the Arrow slip-on.
Probably, a full-system setup or maybe a full free-flow slip-on might need ECU re-flashing but I'm not sure.
Dealers make a lot of margins on accessories - hence they try all tricks in the book to force you to buy stuff from them. "Warranty Void" in the favorite trick in India.

BTW you dont really need a remap with just a slip-on and/or Air Filter change. Only if you put a full system exhaust or remove the catcon - if when you need to change fueling.
Old 25th July 2019, 14:35   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
He is bullshitting about slip-on affecting warranty. Go ahead and get it from the US no worries.
Thanks bro, will do so if I do end up getting the bike. Biggest road block at the moment is the wife.

Quote:
Akrapovic has come out with another Slip-on which looks nice and might sound good too.
That does look good. Hope it sounds good too! The dealer said no remap was going to be done as it was just a slip on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Dealers make a lot of margins on accessories - hence they try all tricks in the book to force you to buy stuff from them. "Warranty Void" in the favorite trick in India.

BTW you dont really need a remap with just a slip-on and/or Air Filter change. Only if you put a full system exhaust or remove the catcon - if when you need to change fueling.
Problem is, if you need something done under warranty, it can become a PITA if one needs to argue with the dealer. I didn't realize that a De-Cat needs a remap. It's a nice way to get better sound out of the bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks