Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2023, 10:57   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

If folks from Bajaj are monitoring these threads: The horror stories about dealerships like Keerthi Triumph are what will keep potential buyers of the new Bajaj-Triumph bikes away from what look like very good bikes. Hopefully the company will be able to improve the service experience so people like me can think about owning a Triumph. But if the dealership/service experience is going to be a nightmare, forget it.

Last edited by am1m : 20th July 2023 at 10:58.
Old 20th July 2023, 14:20   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
If folks from Bajaj are monitoring these threads: The horror stories about dealerships like Keerthi Triumph are what will keep potential buyers of the new Bajaj-Triumph bikes away from what look like very good bikes. Hopefully the company will be able to improve the service experience so people like me can think about owning a Triumph. But if the dealership/service experience is going to be a nightmare, forget it.
There are all new dealerships with khivraj for instance in Bangalore. Keerthi is no longer the only one.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 10:56   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Folks in Delhi NCR, do you recommend going to One Triumph Gurgaon/Naraina for periodic service or Pathpavers? I have a Pre-owned 2017 Street Twin which I acquired at 7500 km odo and got it serviced at Pathpavers. The experience was good but I am just wondering whether the company service will be better. I am a first-time Triumph owner.

Pathpavers provides generic service to save some dough on labor cost & taxes. But that is the thing of past as they too now charge higher/hourly labor charges and the workmanship is iffy in my experience lately.

I used to go to pathpavers as my bikes were out of warranty, it was nearer for general mid year checks & accessories and then visit dealer workshop for yearly service. My main interest when going to dealer workshop was to check software update and diagnosis using company's diagnostic tool instead of the generic one at pathpavers.
Old 21st July 2023, 11:12   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
My main interest when going to dealer workshop was to check software update and diagnosis using company's diagnostic tool instead of the generic one at pathpavers.
Spot on, i think I'm on the same boat. Pathpavers is good but I'd like to visit One Triumph for annual service. It's just that they are quite far. Hopefully with this Bajaj partnership, they start at least one more service centre in NCR for the Noida, Ghaziabad folks
Old 21st July 2023, 11:44   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Spot on, I think I'm on the same boat. Pathpavers is good but I'd like to visit One Triumph for annual service. It's just that they are quite far. Hopefully with this Bajaj partnership, they start at least one more service centre in NCR for the Noida, Ghaziabad folks
Even if they open another service center and claim to do service of bigger triumphs, I'd still visit Naraina as the men & machines for the big bikes are only there (under old timers Prashant & Rajinder).

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th July 2023 at 06:59. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 21st July 2023, 11:58   #156
BHPian

Take a look at the video below. Courtesy Motorinc

Very relevant points brought out.

However, Triumph in particular has hacked its own legs in almost every city. If I may take the liberty to say so, almost 7-8 out of the existing 15 dealerships have a "couldn't care less" type attitude. (Unfortunately had to interact with them to source some pretty simple part for my Bonneville T100).

Most of the experienced service personnel have left these workshops and opened their own multi brand workshops. The ones left behind are sludge armed with hit and trial tool. Concept of repair is not existent. Replacement under warranty is the only solution.

So either have an extended warranty or be prepared to shell out a fortune to keep them running...
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 13:32   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Take a look at the video below. Courtesy Motorinc
I have also read/heard that most Triumph dealerships and service centers have a couldn't care less attitude. I have not faced it personally though, OneTriumph folks in Delhi have been kind to me in the last 1 year of owning a Triumph, hope it remains that way. At the risk of opening a can of worms, I should say that I don't take everything Schumi says as gospel truth. I have met those 'experienced' personnel who have moved on from Triumph and opened their own little FNGs, trust me it's a long way for them to be anywhere close to what they claim in terms of workmanship. One guy botched up a simple tyre installation job on my bike and Pathpavers has not been able to figure out why there is a violent wobble on my Street Twin with brand new tyres and fully functioning cone-set and other components. These two experiences have shaken my trust in these ex-Triumph mechanics. More than happy to give you a few examples in DM. Again not discounting your experience, this is just something I have personally observed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Even if they open another service center and claim to do service of bigger triumphs, I'd still visit Naraina as the men & machines for the big bikes are only there (under old timers Prashant & Rajinder)
You are helping me build more confidence in these folks. I have interacted with Prashant a few times and I agree, he came across as a helpful/understanding guy. My annual service is due in a month. I will make the long ride there

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th July 2023 at 06:59. Reason: Minor typo in quoted post.
shabih is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 23:18   #158

Hey folks,

I went through each and every single narrative mentioned here. I am really, REALLY skeptical now. Should I really seek my 50k back from Keerthi Triumph, that I have given as an advance for the new street triple rs? Look, this is really a long standing dream and I still am very middle class. 15 lakhs is a BIG chunk of my savings. And now I am scared. Looking for guidance folks.
qreoct is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 00:04   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qreoct View Post
Hey folks,

I went through each and every single narrative mentioned here. I am really, REALLY skeptical now. Should I really seek my 50k back from Keerthi Triumph, that I have given as an advance for the new street triple rs? Look, this is really a long standing dream and I still am very middle class. 15 lakhs is a BIG chunk of my savings. And now I am scared. Looking for guidance folks.
If you aren't really certain drop the idea. There are plenty of people who buy a superbike and then it gathers dust and they sell it after a few years with barely any mileage. You should get the bike only if you are really certain its something you want and will ride often.

Remember buying the bike is one thing. It will cost a few lakhs more on accessories and then servicing it every year will cost you a few thousands as well.
bf1983 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 11:57   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hey folks,

Honestly, I would not get into the superbike world with Keerthi as the service option. You're just looking for heartbreak.

Pretty much any other dealership will probably be a better option.

Also this is OT - why not look in the used market for a bike - plenty of low mileage options keep popping up. You could get a lot more bike for your 15L or a similar bike for a smaller chunk of your savings.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 12:09   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey folks,

I went through each and every single narrative mentioned here. I am really, REALLY skeptical now. Should I really seek my 50k back from Keerthi Triumph, that I have given as an advance for the new street triple rs?
Do not opt for the service package which locks you with Keerthi for two years. AMC is dealer specific.

Otherwise you should be able to get it serviced from Khivraj as well. The new dealerships are almost ready.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:38   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
Honestly, I would not get into the superbike world with Keerthi as the service option. You're just looking for heartbreak.

Pretty much any other dealership will probably be a better option.

Also this is OT - why not look in the used market for a bike - plenty of low mileage options keep popping up. You could get a lot more bike for your 15L or a similar bike for a smaller chunk of your savings.
Hey,

Sure. Would want to do that. But, uuh, since this is my first big ticket bike purchase, I have a small emotional thing with it. I would want it to be new. Would want it to be love at first sight sorts. But, thanks for the advise. I will certainly re-evaluate & reconsider. One thing is a given. No service package from Keerthi. Hopefully, Khivraj folks are better.

By the way, since you guys obviously have more skin in this game, what would be the other indie garages/mechanics you would suggest? My existing CBR250r has been treated really well at Highlander in HSR. Kaarthik (who earlier used to work with Honda) has been my goto guy & he has always delighted me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
If you aren't really certain drop the idea. There are plenty of people who buy a superbike and then it gathers dust and they sell it after a few years with barely any mileage. You should get the bike only if you are really certain its something you want and will ride often.

Remember buying the bike is one thing. It will cost a few lakhs more on accessories and then servicing it every year will cost you a few thousands as well.
I am very certain that I will ride the bike, more often than I can think for now. Dust will be one thing my bike won't get, at least not sitting in the garage.

What I was (and still am) not certain about is whether after buying the bike I will regret it because of lack of proper service options in Bangalore (or in the country for that matter). As you also right mentioned, servicing of the bike is inevitable. Not being able to get it done properly, is what is bothering me.

As of the accessories, that I hope I can handle. As of the requirement to get the bike serviced in a nearby city, I believe I should be able to handle it (again dependent on more experienced riders here to comment on the feasibility & practicality of this).

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th July 2023 at 14:48. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
qreoct is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 19:12   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I really seek my 50k back from Keerthi Triumph, that I have given as an advance for the new street triple rs?
Your query needed a response which I couldn’t provide. Hence asked someone who is an extremely experienced, knowledgeable and helpful person who I feel you should listen to for your benefit.

1) Take your 50 thousand back from Keerthi Triumph as soon as possible because you will have a terrible experience with them during buying and even worse during servicing your bike. You have already been through this thread so nothing more needs to be said.

2) The new 2023 RS with basic accessories should touch 16-17 lacs on road. You need to really think whether you want to spend for a new bike or buy a used RS/R at a much lower cost. A very well maintained RS could be yours between 9-10 lacs which could be a straight ~7lacs saving. You will not really feel the difference. I say this with experience because I too could have or should have bought a used RS but bought a new one which I subsequently sold to upgrade because it wasn’t the best choice for me. Great bike and super choice on your part.

3) In case it’s a new RS which you must have do wait for the launch of Khivraj Triumph which should be coming up soon. Be patient till that time.

4) The person who gave the above information is the administrator of a what’s app group which specifically deals with Triumph service issues and is a great help to the members in every way. If you would like to be a part of this group let me know and I will inform him to add you there.

Choose wisely and happy riding.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 20:16   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Your query needed a response which I couldn’t provide. Hence asked someone who is an extremely experienced, knowledgeable and helpful person who I feel you should listen to for your benefit.
====
Choose wisely and happy riding.

Cheers
This is some great insight. Thank you so much. I would definitely like to be a part of that group. Let me know where can I send you my number.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th July 2023 at 13:18. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies.
Old 27th July 2023, 13:22   #165
Team-BHP Support

Will the new dealership service bigger bikes? Or just cater to the newer joint venture launches? Just curious if there is a clarity on that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks