Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2020, 21:25   #31

Re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

I have a slightly different view on this issue, I guess its also about how well the dealership is doing financially. It's my opinion that these issues crop up mostly when the dealership is in distress and they are looking to make a quick buck.

Triumph should make it a point to have OEM part sales across the counter. As i understand, it is also a government requirement for the OEM to ensure spares availability. This will put pressure on the dealerships to provide a more quality service if they want to retain customers. I don't think scanning for faults is so much of an issue with multiple aftermarket OBD tools and adapters available.

If Triumph doesnt agree, directly sourcing parts from dealers abroad could be an option too. Wonder how the Bajaj partnership with Triumph will affect service satisfaction levels.
rideaholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 07:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideaholic View Post
I have a slightly different view on this issue, I guess its also about how well the dealership is doing financially. It's my opinion that these issues crop up mostly when the dealership is in distress and they are looking to make a quick buck.

Triumph should make it a point to have OEM part sales across the counter. As i understand, it is also a government requirement for the OEM to ensure spares availability. This will put pressure on the dealerships to provide a more quality service if they want to retain customers. I don't think scanning for faults is so much of an issue with multiple aftermarket OBD tools and adapters available.

If Triumph doesnt agree, directly sourcing parts from dealers abroad could be an option too. Wonder how the Bajaj partnership with Triumph will affect service satisfaction levels.
It'd be tough to get it over the counter, only people with good contacts with the svc are entertained fro things like this. If you remember when KTM was launched they had the same policy for over the counter spares sales, they just would not do it, or they would say that the labor charge also will be billed for the same. After much hoopla from all the customers, they were forced to change this stance and now you can just walk into a KTM store and buy parts directly.
I think what helped in the case of KTM was the number of people who put in a complaint about it. But in low volume sales like Triumph and where a good majority of people do not work on their own bikes, the problem of over the counter sales becomes a problem for a very small number of people so it goes unnoticed.

If it even ends up in a situation where the Triumph bikes will be serviced at Bajaj svc then we are doomed. But if they decide to go the Bajaj way and reduce spares price then I'm all for it.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 07:54   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post

If it even ends up in a situation where the Triumph bikes will be serviced at Bajaj svc then we are doomed. But if they decide to go the Bajaj way and reduce spares price then I'm all for it.

Cheers
Krishna
You should count yourself very lucky if that happens and start praying for it.

When Kawasaki was with Bajaj, we had great parts supply, no supply chain gymnastics, the technicians loved working on our bikes, and were for the most part truly knowledgeable. Also,we had a vast choice of centers to go to.

It was draconian and emergency like after the split.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 07:54   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Triumph should make it a point to have OEM part sales across the counter.
Don't think it will work out financially for the dealers!

Triumph sold an average of around 50 bikes per month in 2019, nowhere close enough to sustain their operations without the fat profits from servicing these motorcycles.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 08:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You should count yourself very lucky if that happens and start praying for it.

When Kawasaki was with Bajaj, we had great parts supply, no supply chain gymnastics, the technicians loved working on our bikes, and were for the most part truly knowledgeable. Also,we had a vast choice of centers to go to.

It was draconian and emergency like after the split.
I mean if bajaj does train their techs across all service centers to work on the more complex bikes then it's worth considering for many. Selecting and sending the techs to the training is time-consuming and I'd guess a very costly affair. If that is not done then it'll be utter chaos.

Moreover, with the Kawasaki situation, the number of showrooms pan India was very less, Triumph already has somewhere close to that number in their own network. So if they want to aggressively expand with this Bajaj partnership, I'd give it at least a few years before I would feel comfortable taking the bikes to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Triumph sold an average of around 50 bikes per month in 2019, nowhere close enough to sustain their operations without the fat profits from servicing these motorcycles.
They also do make a lot of money on the accessories section right? The Triumph accessories cost is eye-watering high!

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 29th March 2020 at 08:02. Reason: Quoted another post.
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 09:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I mean if bajaj does train their techs across all service centers to work on the more complex bikes then it's worth considering for many. Selecting and sending the techs to the training is time-consuming and I'd guess a very costly affair. If that is not done then it'll be utter chaos.

Moreover, with the Kawasaki situation, the number of showrooms pan India was very less, Triumph already has somewhere close to that number in their own network. So if they want to aggressively expand with this Bajaj partnership, I'd give it at least a few years before I would feel comfortable taking the bikes to them.
1. Kawasaki trained all the mechanics at Bajaj. Not Bajaj. It will be the same with a similar arrangement with another manufacturer. Training is IP.

2. Training & supply chain: It has been done in the past,and unless you are motoroyale or some such selling augustas, this is a non issue. Big indian manufacturers have systems and processes that work for the most part. Most import oriented CKD brands don't. Honda does both. Successful for the most part.

3. I am not talking about the pan India dealership network. I am talking about in city dealership network. The point is if you dont have more than one independent dealer in your city, you are pretty much at their mercy.

If i were in the market today for a big bike, i would only consider KTM (790) and Honda. Suzuki too. I just dont trust the spares distribution supply chain of the rest. Yamaha doesn't even exist in this market sadly. They really should. Its a pity!

To everyone else In the meantime, like most people have suggested please start learning how to wrench your own bikes. Maybe less time on whatsapp or the interweb. Time well spent.

Good luck!
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 09:40   #37
BHPian

Very sad state of affairs indeed! It's high time that Triumph takes action before people lose faith in the brand. However, like Neil, my experience with Triumph (Kochi) has been exemplary from both the sales and service perspectives. Regular service, warranty claims, recalls - they have always been on top of things and extremely customer-centric in the process. I was going to give my bike to Blr Triumph for service once; however, I decided against it and rode down to Kochi instead. In hindsight looks like it was a good decision.
motorotor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 09:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
3. I am not talking about the pan India dealership network. I am talking about in city dealership network. The point is if you dont have more than one independent dealer in your city, you are pretty much at their mercy.
I fully agree to this. I guess most people are just waiting for warranty to expire to take it to the better competent garages.

Quote:
If i were in the market today for a big bike, i would only consider KTM (790) and Honda. Suzuki too. I just dont trust the spares distribution supply chain of the rest. Yamaha doesn't even exist in this market sadly. They really should. Its a pity!
Definitely it'd be a good idea to take a leaf from the KTM & Honda's book. Let's just hope they improve from their current situation.

Quote:
To everyone else In the meantime, like most people have suggested please start learning how to wrench your own bikes. Maybe less time on whatsapp or the interweb. Time well spent.

Good luck!
Amen to that!

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 10:04   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Very sad state of affairs indeed!.....
Have been contemplating between the interceptor and the speed twin. Forum views against triumph was a dampener but seems triumph Cochin is good.
Yet to decide. Been at it for some time now

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th March 2020 at 10:06. Reason: Fixed quote.
navy68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 11:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy68 View Post
Have been contemplating between the interceptor and the speed twin. Forum views against triumph was a dampener but seems triumph Cochin is good.
There’s no doubt about the Speed Twin although it would depend on your usability.

Too much of city? Too much of highway? Just weekend breakfast rides? Long commute? See where you’re placed and go ahead.

Check for any BS IV deals. Best time to buy I would say.

Cheers
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 12:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Let me present at alternate perspective here. The views shared by members are subjective and are based on the experiences they had as an individual. So let's respect the information shared regarding the lack of good quality servicing.

However, have you ridden the Speed Twin? How was your experience? Did you like the bike?

It's a good product but perhaps not well suited for India due to the heat that the 1200cc engine produces. Please try riding it extensively in B2B traffic, if you haven't already. It's a bike meant for urban riding and not really for highway blasts as there's zero wind protection and a non-adjustable suspension with very less travel for our imperfect road surfaces. For a bike meant to be ridden within the city, it misses out on the most important aspect relevant to Indian traffic and weather conditions, which is good heat management.

If you have liked the product and can live with the negatives (heating issue), by all means, please consider it seriously. A purchase needs to be done based on perceived merit of a product and not solely on the quality of servicing capability.

Servicing can always be done outside at an independent garage, if need be.

A parallel example for this situation is Skoda and VW. Even thought the aftersales experience sucks, they sell because the product has merit and can give a great driving experience along with exceptional build quality.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 15:58   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Disappointing. Horrible. When you pay top rupee for a "premium" product, you must get "premium" service as well. Disappointing that the bozos at Triumph don't realise this, but am equally glad that you have created this thread to spread the word .
===
Sure, a new team can come in and overhaul the company / culture, yet a bitter taste lingers on.
Thanks Rush, I was really patient over the years and wishfully hoping things will improve, but somehow it hasn't and that ticked me off.

Having said that I still hope a good involvement from Triumph India team can fix this. I was going through the list that the owners came up with and I realised that there are so many low hanging and basic hygiene factors that can sort most of the issues, even without much of money invested. All it takes is a "Will" to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
That is really sad state of affairs from a brand which is so premium and its bikes cost more than many entry level cars.

This makes me wonder are motorcycle services or two wheelers in general taken lightly in India?
Unfortunately yes, 2 wheelers are the worst lot. Somehow the 'chalta hein = its all ok" attitude is on the higher side in this space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
You know what, a Yamaha R1 owner or a Vmax owner too doesnt get a better experience at the Yamaha service(not even taking my R3 experience into consideration). The R1 owner has to wait in queue until the service advisor has finished checking all the Ray’s, Alpha’s etc which came before the R1 and it doesnt matter of you had spend 25 big ones or 50 grand. Honda Big wing is a different story though. Have heard the best experience from Honda big bike owner’s (rarely goes wrong) as they will be attended separately and doesnt need to queue up behind all those Activa G’s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
I just meant they all need to up their game by several notches, it is good if Honda Big Wing provides good service, but the entire market including the very basic bikes should all get great service experience in my opinion.
Yes I have also heard good things about Honda, then again am not sure how many premium bikes have been sold under the premium Big Wing umbrella. So volume wise it maybe easy for them to handle. Sadly when volumes increase chances of things going south is more.
Quote:
While triumph bikes are in itself pretty reliable I guess. Personally I feel the 10,000kms service interval is a joke, especially with the ADV segment bikes which when used properly are expected to much more harsh conditions.
Yes the bikes are reasonably bullet proof! and that was the only saving grace for me. The specific model Tiger can take a lot of neglect, as I have personally put it through. Skipping annual service etc and still ran without any show stoppers. In comparison I have heard of Jap bikes that have far shorter service intervals going through more maintenance and still having issue. I heard a friend saying the Versys 1000 has a stalling issue with Indian low RON fuel and that is why they pop up fast at second hand. Again it is a hear say but from a Versys user.

Quote:
It's not so much as being seen as second class citizens.
I strongly feel that it is just an utter lack of commitment or passion for the craft of working on a machine. For some reason it is seen as a degrading or frowned upon job. Most of the techs are there not because of the love for machines and how they work, so you can't really blame them when they do not do their work properly. Most of them are not trained properly at all. Just watching some of these "trained techs" remove or torque down a nut/bolt makes me cringe so hard.
It is all about what brand believes in, the Maruti's are sold in millions. Even till date if you raise a service complaint with the manufacturer, within 24 hours the dealer workshop will land at your door step and ensure issue is sorted. How are they managing to pull it off?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

My dealer is the first one India and wouldn't be surprised if they have sold the most number of bikes. So I don't think they have any money issues. Pretty sure each bike has couple of lakhs margin, plus service also brings in lot of money. Accessories and other items like riding gear and brand apparels also is good margin. The kind of discount offered at season change will give you an idea about the margins involved.

Quote:
I have stood by the service and it is no rocket science at all. Yes you need the service manual to figure out the do's and dont's, the diagnostic software, spares and some special tools. If you have access to these any competent mech can do a great job, of course the attitude of the mech and the pride he takes in his work matters most!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Very sad state of affairs indeed! It's high time that Triumph takes action before people lose faith in the brand. However, like Neil, my experience with Triumph (Kochi) has been exemplary from both the sales and service perspectives. Regular service, warranty claims, recalls - they have always been on top of things and extremely customer-centric in the process. I was going to give my bike to Blr Triumph for service once; however, I decided against it and rode down to Kochi instead. In hindsight looks like it was a good decision.
Quote:
Yes I have heard great things about Kochi dealer and have friends who swear by them, my choice was with Kochi and the other dealership. Just that the other dealership worked out faster for me.

I want other Triumph owners who has had "good" experience to come forward and tell their story also. Maybe then it would be easy for Triumph India to emulate the same across all the dealers and have a great experience for customers across the country. They have terrific bikes that have character, a set of customers who love and are passionate about their bikes. If the company also comes forward and supports the customers and bikes, am pretty sure the sales charts will go on fire with the new model's coming in.

I for example is keenly watching the Tiger 900 launch, yes the Africa Twin Adventure version is also tempting for me, coz I am growing old and know the feeling of comfort that an auto box gives. But the outgoing model of Africa twin did not excite me, so I will test ride the new one and then decide between the two. (whoops there he goes again....)

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th March 2020 at 16:02.
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 00:22   #43
BHPian

I wasn't aware Triumph dealers elsewhere were such a sorry lot. I'm reasonably satisfied with BU Bhandari at Pune, although there is definitely quite an appreciable room for improvement. The biggest hindrance appears to be Triumph India itself , which wants to play the conductor of the symphony but lacks the skill and/or motivation to.

Moralfiber praised Mumbai's Honda Big Wing (?) dealer - what about the rest of the country? I was keen on 2 Honda models but the dealership in Pune has been so disinterested in selling, I can only imagine the service will be worse. Although I do remember reading some positive reports of the CBR650F service by , Rachit , I think.

That said, I think Honda reliability and quality is overstated. I have been a Karizma owner and the plastics cracking, cam tensioner issues are well known and even the big Hondas have been known for cracking fairings at fastening points, as well as cam tensioner issues in the past. More recently, Fireblades have been listed for RR failures, and some of the Fireblade models have had high oil consumption (2008-9?) and false neutral complaints. Yamaha's clutch issues with the R1 are also well known. Kawasaki was criticised over cracking wheels for the early model (2004-2005) ZX-10R and Suzuki's traditional weakness has been brake fade after a few hard stops, plus the early model Hayabusa cracking its rear subframe when touring with a pillion. As for BMW - lot of blown S1000RR engines in the 2010-11 season, mostly by racers, with fewer such cases since 2012. One guy had 3 engine failures, the first time the engine totally destroyed, the other two he managed to rebuild. Need I mention the R1200GS shaft drive and front suspension collapse issues?

In light of that, Triumph doesn't look that bad. They say if it's British and burns fossil fuel, it will leak oil . Luckily, post-2013 models seem to have fixed that at least.

Last edited by Ricci : 30th March 2020 at 00:24.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I'd say take a long test ride and go with what your heart connects to. Both the bikes being considered are great and you can't go wrong with either.
motorotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 12:36   #45
Team-BHP Support

Another one that came by email to me

Quote:
---------- Forwarded message ---------

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 09:40
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Re: Triumph Bonneville T 120 Silver Red VIN xxxx6 - Case of Fraud committed on the Sale by KEERTHI TRIUMPH Bangalore
To: Puneet Banga <puneet.banga@triumphmotorcycles.in>, Shoeb Farooq <shoeb.farooq@triumphmotorcycles.in>, <sanjay@keerthi.co.in>

Dear Puneet,

This issue has dragged on for too long without any foreseeable resolution as you are in denial on the fraud committed both by the dealership and Triumph India being a party to the fraud by siding with the dealership and taking a stand against the customer.

I'm now left with no other option but to escalate this matter to the TRIUMPH UK teams for a possible resolution as a last resort. I hope Triumph UK has a better sense of judgement on the issue and respects the business ethics and are more concerned about the heritage and value of the TRIUMPH brand.

Regards

xxx

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 3:42 PM xxx wrote:
Hi Puneet

Have you had the time to review this issue ?

Thanks
xxx

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 20:23, xxx wrote:
Hi Puneet,

Further to our discussions and communications on this issue and I understand that you are unable to assemble the PRESTIGE inspiration kit anymore due to certain constraints at your end.

In view of this, as a final effort form my side to put a complete closure to this prolonged episode, I need the following Accessories which are available in the inventory to be installed on the bike PLUS the 2 years extended warranty.

VANCE & HINES SILENCERS CHROME
4 BAR TANK BADGES CHROME
COMFORT SEAT BLACK
FRONT LED INDICATORS
REAR LED INDICATORS

I hope this is acceptable to all and a decision on this will be a welcome gesture to put to rest the bitter buying and ownership experience. I will need some firm and realistic commitments from your end for the timelines by when the entire process can be completed and we sign off on a good note.

Regards

xxxx

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:26 PM Puneet Banga <puneet.banga@triumphmotorcycles.in> wrote:
Hi xxxx

All is good thank you. Hope you are feeling better now.

I would request you to please allow me time till Monday to get back to you.

Regards

Puneet Singh Banga
Sr. Manager - Sales & Dealer Development
Triumph Motorcycle India

-------- Original message --------
Date: 11/09/2019 16:22 (GMT+05:30)
To: Puneet Banga <puneet.banga@triumphmotorcycles.in>
Cc: Shoeb Farooq <Shoeb.Farooq@triumphmotorcycles.in>, sanjay@keerthi.co.in
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Re: Triumph Bonneville T 120 Silver Red VIN xxxx - Case of Fraud committed on the Sale by KEERTHI TRIUMPH Bangalore

Dear Puneet

Trust all ok ?

Do you have any updates for me on the last email ?

Thanks
xxxx

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 12:10, xxx <xxxx>> wrote:
Hi Puneet

Thanks for your phone call and it was food speaking to you. appreciate the efforts you are taking to close this issue without any further delay.

A quick recap of the conversation we had.

TRIUMPH INDIA from it's side has offered to provide the 2 years extended warranty PLUS Rs.25000.00 worth of accessories as a gesture to close the issue. This is not acceptable to me and I have requested TRIUMPH INDIA to provide me the 2 years extended warranty PLUS the PRESTIGE INSPIRATION KIT for T120 model as an acceptable alternative which is much lower than the value of the 14 months depreciation value of the bike as per the Insurance companies valuation procedure.

The PRESTIGE INSPIRATION KIT offered by TRIUMPH INDIA for the T120 model consists of the following accessories as per your official brochure.

BONNEVILLE T120 - PRESTIGE INSPIRATION KIT (US A9938259 / EU A9938259)
INCLUDES
VANCE & HINES SILENCERS CHROME
4 BAR TANK BADGES CHROME
CLUTCH BADGE CHROME
ACG BADGE CHROME
TPS BADGE CHROME
COMFORT SEAT BLACK
FRONT LED INDICATORS
REAR LED INDICATORS

[image.png]
Puneet, I hope you will be able to come back to me on this issue at the earliest and ensure the final agreement that is agreed upon is completed within a favorable time frame.

Regards

xxxx

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 12:32 Pxxxx>> wrote:
Dear Puneet

Sorry for the delayed revert, was indisposed for the past couple of weeks.

An update on this mail is that the issue relating to the manufacturing defect /faulty assembly in the bike which resulted in the damages to the rear calipers, left exhaust, brake pads and the disk rotor has been replaced by the company under warranty after this issue was raised during my first service in the month of June 2019. Will be able to confirm if the working condition of these replacements are good after riding a few kms in the next couple of weeks.

I'm more than happy and will to have the phone conversation with you anytime this week onward to resolve the issue ASAP. The options I have discussed with the dealership representatives and yourselves for a resolutions are broadly as follows

Option 1: Replacement of the bike in total with a 2019 Manufactured model. This was our right rejected by the dealership representative in the first 2 conversations and the consecutive personal meeting at the dealership.

Option 2: Reimburse me on the Depreciation value of the bike for 14 months period based on the valuation of your In house Insurance company / service provider.

What the dealership representative offered to me instead was

18 months extended warranty, take it or leave it.

On further escalation of the issue to the TRIUMPH INDIA Head and the mails exchange, the recent offer is:

Rs.25,000 in credit balance for use against any accessories purchase or use against service costs PLUS 2 years extended Warranty.

Which I politely declined and asked the representative to come back to me with a better proposal as I have based my favorable earlier demands in line with the discounts and offers TRIUMPH and it's dealerships have offered to customers in the month of May and June for 2016, 2017 and 2018 Manufactured models sold in 2019. I have attached the images and the press release of these deals, discounts and offers for your review and comment in this mail

None of the offers the dealership is making is in writing at this point in time and am not sure what is the reason why no written commitments are being made.

I now hope and expect you to please come back to me with a favorable offer to close this issue withing the next 10 days.

Triumph Motorcycles Being Offered with up to 55% Discount in Jaipur

https://news.maxabout.com/bikes/triu...scount-jaipur/

Regards

xxxx

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 10:11 AM Puneet Banga <puneet.banga@triumphmotorcycles.in<mailtouneet. banga@triumphmotorcycles.in>> wrote:
Dear Mr. xxx

Please suggest a good time to call as per your convenience.

Regards,

Puneet

Puneet Singh Banga
Sr. Manager – Sales & Dealer Development
Triumph Motorcycles (India) Private Limited

Sent: 21 August 2019 17:36
To: Puneet Banga
Cc: Shoeb Farooq; sanjay@keerthi.co.in<mailto:sanjay@keerthi.co.in>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Re: Triumph Bonneville T 120 Silver Red VIN xxxxx - Case of Fraud committed on the Sale by KEERTHI TRIUMPH Bangalore

Dear Puneet

Do you have any further update for me on this issue? I guess Sanjay is back in the office and you have discussed it internally on the possible solutions to this problem.

Regards

xxx

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 6:13 PM xxx

Thanks for the update and shall wait for your further revert

Regards
xxx

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 17:38, Puneet Banga <puneet.banga@triumphmotorcycles.in<mailtouneet. banga@triumphmotorcycles.in>> wrote:
Dear xxx

Mr. Sanjay is currently unavailable till 7th August. We will connect with you once he is available.

Regards,

Puneet

Puneet Singh Banga

Sent: 31 July 2019 17:09
To: Shoeb Farooq
Cc: Puneet Banga; sanjay@keerthi.co.in<mailto:sanjay@keerthi.co.in>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Re: Triumph Bonneville T 120 Silver Red VIN xxxx - Case of Fraud committed on the Sale by KEERTHI TRIUMPH Bangalore

Hello Shoeb,

Trust all well with you and the team!
This mail is further to the various emails and sms msgs I have exchanged with Puneet and yourself and post the meeting I had with Sanjay at the Keerthi Dealership on 6th July 2019.
As per your suggestion I have been in communication with Puneet whom you had delegated to handle this issue with the dealership for an amicable settlement and closure of the issue, but unfortunately it is still not resolved and all communications from your team's end have stopped.

The 2 main problematic and contentious issues are as below; The first email written to your team is at the bottom of this message for your review.

1. The dealership / Triumph India have sold and delivered to me a 14 months old production stock vehicle by intentionally misleading me that he vehicle was a 2019 production / manufacturing model and charged me the full retail price of a 2019 manufactured vehicle.

2. The vehicle has a production/ Manufacturing defect in the rear calipers and the associated assembly of brake and left exhaust which I have complained in the very 1st service which was detected by the service team as well and since then I have only been given dates for the replacement of the detective parts under warranty as it's a Manufacturing defect and till date I have only received new dates and not the replacement of the parts. Sanjay did try to caution me in the meeting that it would be difficult to prove its a manufacturing defect and could be more of a riding incident!!

Technically I have been sold a detective 14 month old stock vehicle by Triumph India / Keerthi Triumph with the complete knowledge and once this was detected by me, every effort to have the issue resolved amicably has been stone walled by your team and the dealership.

The discussion on the 6th July 2019 at the Keerthi Triumph office with Sanjay yielded no result of a resolution as Sanjay very clearly asked me to pursue the issue with team at TRIUMPH INDIA and he will be happy to respect the decision of TRIUMPH INDIA on the resolution they deemed ft in my case. I was informed that the vehicle sold to me is what TRIUMPH INDIA had dispatched and it's not in the hands of the dealership, as they only manage the registration and delivery of the vehicle delivered to them by the factory.

Post my meeting with Sanjay, my discussion with Puneet over the phone (I called him as he refused to respond to emails and sms msgs) on the 23rd July 2019 was a bit of a shocker as Puneet was quite blunt and rude in telling me that the issue is closed and nothing new to add and TRIUMPH INDIA has nothing to offer to close this issue amicably and I was free to pursue other avenues I deemed fit to have a closure on this issue and ended the call. My request to have this communicated to me over the email was also rejected by Puneet, he mentioned that whatever he is telling over the phone is the final decision and there would be no emails on this issue!

Now under the present circumstances, you being the face and the head of the company TRIUMPH INDIA (with a strong heritage) here in India, I'm hoping you will have a thorough review of this issue with your team and the dealership on how to settle and close these issues amicably so that its a win win situation for all of us and I can go back to enjoying the rides on the bike rather than communicating with the stakeholders on problem resolution.

I would appreciate if you can revert to me with the resolutions in a weeks time and have a decent closure to these issues. I hope its not asking too much from the head of the company.

To add, my bike has been parked in the garage at home since I got it back from the service center on the 29th of June 2019 as I'm not confident of the safety due to the brakes and also do not want to further complicate the matter with more collateral damage to other related parts due the already existing detective parts from manufacturing.

Regards

xxxx

PS: Puneet, my 2 cents of advise to you (you certainly are not obliged to take it), being blunt, abrupt and rude to a customer with a complaint is not going to make the problem disappear, it would only continue to be a pestering and irritating wound. As the National Head of Sales and Dealership Development, you need to also keep the customers interest in mind in handling complaints and sales related issues.

A happy and satisfied customer is your best sales and marketing tool who has the potential to bring in more customers by sheer word of mouth publicity. A well developed dealership network without customers due to repeated and pestering complaints is not going to help anyone post good growth numbers and market share.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Triumph Bonneville T 120 Silver Red VIN xxxxx - Case of Fraud committed on the Sale by KEERTHI TRIUMPH Bangalore
To: Puneet Banga <puneet.banga@triumphmotorcycles.in<mailtouneet. banga@triumphmotorcycles.in>>

Hi Puneet

It’s a bit irritating to keep chasing you on this issue and not have any response from your end. Courtesy demands that you at least acknowledge the mail. That’s the least you can do for your customers.

If you are unable to resolve this issue, please escalate the same to Shoeb for an early resolution

Thanks
xxx

xxx wrote:
Hi Puneet

Have you reviewed this mail ? What’s your take on this ?

Thanks
xxx

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 11:11, xxx wrote:
Hi Puneet

As discussed previously, I had a personal meeting with Mr Sanjay at the Dealership office on 7th July, Saturday to discuss this issue.

In my meeting, Mr Sanjay also summoned the sales engineer Aaron Noha to understand the issue and what exactly is the problem.

During the course of the meeting, Mr Sanjay once again gave me the same theory of Manufacturing / Production Year and Model Year, which I have already debunked in my earlier conversation with you as well as on the emails. I have informed Mr Sanjay as well that I do not accept his theory of the Production year and Model year and I go by the Production year model being different from the style / technical Model of the Bike.

Mr.Sanjay has suggested that I take up the issue with yourself and TRIUMPH INDIA as I'm already in communication with you and he will not be able to help me on this issue at his end. He mentioned that he will abide by whatever the final decision and solution that TRIUMPH INDIA takes on this issue.

He did mention that he will be writing you an email on this meeting and the discussion, which I presume is already with you.

The ball is back in your court now and I hope you will have the time and patience (as always) to have a quick resolution on this issue.

Regards

xxxx

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 12:03 PM xxx wrote:
Hi Puneet

Just had a call from the dealership, meeting is fixed for Sat with Sanjay st 12 noon

Regards
xxx

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 at 09:54, xxxx wrote:
Hi Puneet

Good to hear from you.

Negative, absolutely no connect from the dealership, nor have they dropped any SMS.

Status quo continues and am not sure how much longer I can hold on to my patience with them.

Regards
xxx

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 at 09:39, Puneet Banga <puneet.banga@triumphmotorcycles.in<mailtouneet. banga@triumphmotorcycles.in>> wrote:
Hi xxxx

Thanks for your concern, I am back to work now.
I believe the dealership reached out to you but couldn’t get through. They might have dropped you an sms. Hope you have responded accordingly.

Regards,

Puneet

Puneet Singh Banga

Sent: 28 June 2019 19:57
To: Puneet Banga
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Triumph Bonneville T 120 Silver Red VIN Sxxxx - Case of Fraud committed on the Sale by KEERTHI TRIUMPH Bangalore

Hi Puneet

Trust all is well with you

Further to our discussion on this issue on Monday, has there been any progress from the dealership end ?

Thanks to update me on the same.

Regards
xxx

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 15:47, xxxx wrote:
Dear Puneet,
Trust all well with you!
This mail is further to our earlier communications over the SMS relating to the sales related problem with my Bonneville T120 purchased from KEERTHI TRIUMPH in Bangalore.
Before I get into the main problems, a few words about the Bike and the Purchasing experience.

• Dealership Ambience, excellent.

• Dealership Product knowledge - Excellent.

• Pre Sales communication - Excellent.

• Follow up on vehicle delivery - Good

• Aaron is a very passionate salesman with a very good knowledge of the bikes and technology.

I contacted Aaron Noah, the Sales Manager at KEERTHI TRIUMPH in Bangalore in the month of March 2019 and I was offered a TEST RIDE of the T120 model and I decided to proceed with my decision to Purchase this machine. In fact,puneet.banga@ I have been in contact with Aaron for more than a year and a half as I kept postponing my purchase decisions for various reasons.

I had a meeting with Aaron at the dealership on the same day as the test ride know the price, delivery schedules, finance support and any offers on the bike as it was the financial year end and a few offers were available on other model bikes at the dealership as well as on the TRIUMPH INDIA website.

I very specifically asked Aaron "if there were any stock of the 2018 production lot" in the twin color Silver/red and if any good discounts were available on those 2018 production models. Aaron confirmed to me that they had a few bikes in BLACK color which were 2018 production and could offer some discounts on those BLACK color bikes. He was very clear in communicating that "there was no stock in the Silver/Red twin color option".

Aaron very explicitly mentioned to me that in the TWIN COLOR options, "productions are only against orders and only in Black they have ready stocks as it's a standard color". He informed to me that the delivery wait for the TWIN COLOR options will be 4-6 weeks time on confirmation with booking amount. For my T120 in Silver / Red option, he very clearly mentioned that the order has to be placed with the plant against my booking confirmation.
On further discussions, Aaron offered to include a 2 year service pack on the purchase or a Rs. 25,000.00 flat discount as a goodwill gesture and nothing more could be possible in terms of the discount. I opted for the Cash Discount of Rs.25,000.00 and I used that discount and added additional funds from my side to get a few important and critical accessories for the bike. So, I paid a full price (Non-Discounted for 2018 manufacture year) of Rs. 10,27,600.00 Ex Show Room for the bike, minus the Cash Discount of Rs.25000 which amounted to Rs. 10,02,600.00 EX SHOWROOM.

I paid the Booking amount on the 22 March 2019 and also used the HDFC bank for my loan which was organized and assisted by the dealership. Post the booking and loan processing, I was informed by the dealership that paperwork was in order and the HDFC Bank Loan Executive also confirmed that the Loan amount will be disbursed to the Dealership at the earliest. The loan amount of Rs. 800 000.00 was disbursed to the dealership on the 30th March 2019.

I was informed by the dealership, this time by Mr. Vishnu on the 2nd of April 2019 as Aaron was on a vacation and Vishnu was communicating with me there on the bike delivery and that the vehicle was dispatched from the Plant and the same will reach by 8th April 2019 latest and then a couple of days for the registration process. Which was OK with me as the bike was going to be delivered to me much earlier than the earlier committed period of 4 weeks. Even at this stage I was not aware nor did not sense that there was something fishy on the sale.

In the meantime, I organized the Vehicle Insurance from an alternate source as I was getting a better deal on the premium and the dealership was ok with that arrangement. Vishnu also sent the Insurance cover note details form filled up from his side for me to proceed to get the insurance work done for the registration purpose and in the form submitted by Vishnu, he had clearly mentioned the Year of Manufacture as 2019.

On the 6th April 2019, I got a phone call from the service team of KEERTHI TRIUMPH asking me to get the bike for a part replacement as there was a global recall on the Cable Harness and my bike was also among the affected bike. I informed them that I have not taken the delivery of the bike as yet and they can do the needful before the delivery of the bike, to which the executive replied in affirmative. At the time of the delivery, I was informed that the recalled part was not yet replaced on my bike and it would be done during the 1st Service, ultimately they claimed this was done during the first service. Even at this stage, I did not doubt anything Fishy on the bike manufacture year.

I got the vehicle delivery on the 11th of April 2019 and was quite happy with the entire delivery process as everything from the time of the booking to the time of delivery, it went off quite smoothly without any problems. I was informed that the Vehicle registration docs (RC)will be received by me directly from the RTO in a few weeks time.

I received the RC from the RTO on the 5th of June by courier from the RTO and that's when I realized the dealership had committed a fraud on me and sold me a vehicle with wrong information and concealed the vital information of manufacture month and year. The RC document mentions the month and year of manufacture as 02/2018, that is a full 14 months old production vehicle sold /Invoiced to me on 4th April 2019 and delivered on 11 April 2019 at full face value.

I immediately emailed both Vishnu and Aaron on this issue and asked them to confirm to me by return mail on the manufacture month and year as per their records and the VIN details, but they never replied to the mail query nor did they respond to any phone calls nor return my calls. Aaron took a couple of calls and asked me to meet him in person and he was not willing to write to me any emails on this subject.

Finally, on the 11th June I walked into the dealership and had a discussion with Aaron on this scam they have played on me and he was blank and did not offer any comments apart from asking me to write to them an email and also cc the customer care at TRIUMPH INDIA.

Aaron only reiterated that he does not recall him making a commitment of a 2019 production model for me and that he has all bikes in his stock which are 2018 production and was giving me a vague Production model and Manufacturing year Model nomenclature followed by TRIUMPH in India, which I know is an absolute lie and a figment of imagination of Aaron.

I have discussed this issue with the BRATS (Bangalore Riders Association of Triumph) group as well as other Biking groups on what has transpired and they are all of the unanimous decision that I take up this issue with TRIUMPH India to resolve this fraud committed.

Now, in a nutshell, the TRIUMPH dealership in Bangalore has wilfully deceived me by selling me a 14-month-old production bike with a full face value me by lying that it is a 2019 production model whereas in reality,
[INSUARANCE POLICY of TRIUMPH T120 .jpg]

it is a February 2018 production model. They have washed off their hands on this issue and want me to have a resolution on this with the TRIUMPH INDIA team.

Now I need you to please advise me on how you wish to direct the dealership to resolve this fraud committed and stop further such scams from recurring. I hope and am sure you will use your good office to have a resolution on this at the earliest.

I have attached the RC and Insurance copies for your reference.
Regards

xxxx

Disclaimer

Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the individual and not necessarily the company. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, or if you are concerned with the content of this email please email to: postmaster@triumph.co.uk<mailto:post...riumph .co.uk>

The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While the sender has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments to this email.

Triumph Motorcycles Ltd

Registered in England No: 1735844

Registered Office: Ashby Road, Measham DE12 7JP

Triumph Motorcycles Group has offices in the UK, USA, Thailand, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Spain, Switzerland, Brazil, India and Sweden.

For more information about Triumph Motorcycles visit www.triumphmotorcycles.com<http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com>

--
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks