Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 15:29   #121
BHPian

Re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Is Keerthi, Triumph showroom in Bengaluru shutting down/shifting (Residency Rd)? They're tearing out the insides. Board is gone too
They've taken a temporary space on the backside of the same cash pharmacy building.
The showroom will be shifting to the next building, and will be designed on the same lines of international showrooms spread across 2 or 3 floors.
P72NX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 15:55   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
BMW Bangalore is brilliant too, simple stuff that was asked was not done and absolutely cocky folks, who does not have any respect for customers. I think Bangalore can be voted as the worst city for vehicle service!
I think it's the same everywhere be it Bangalore or Pune or Mumbai. I have had spares and basic service related issues with Yamaha India, I have seen non existent service by Honda a few years ago.

I just paid a hefty service bill to BU Bhandari (Triumph Dealer in Pune) last month for one of their 'Major Service'. After a few days I realised that they had not set up the drive-chain adjuster correctly.

So basic things here and there are overlooked even after paying tens and thousands of rupees as charges!

Only solution is to at least try to 'DIY' most of the basic stuff.

Last edited by Crankpin : 1st March 2022 at 15:57.
Crankpin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 15:00   #123

Does anyone have experience with Khivraj Triumph Chennai, good or bad? I'm talking to them about TD right now but this thread makes me super concerned about Triumph services in general.
Old 20th April 2022, 11:17   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajbas View Post
Does anyone have experience with Khivraj Triumph Chennai, good or bad? I'm talking to them about TD right now but this thread makes me super concerned about Triumph services in general.
I know somebody who picked up a Tiger 900 Rally Pro about a year ago and so far, they seem to be very responsive to him. But I guess mileage varies for each individual.
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 11:36   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajbas View Post
They are great with my limited experience with them. Bought my tiger 900 RP about a month back and 1st service done, a warranty claim and few other visits for small niggles. It was all smooth and friendly. For sales, Mr. Infant, Mr. Narayanan are good people to talk with. Mr. Anwar never failed to wish any customer who walks in and have a word or two.

On the service side, Mr. Prem was great with listening to issues. You are allowed on the work floor to see the actual work done. I'm also part of Triumph Chennai WA group. I don't see any who aren't happy with Khivraj Triumph yet.

P.S: The service centre is right behind the showroom and isn't that big. So if you are planning for service you will have to get appointment well ahead.

Last edited by vijai : 20th April 2022 at 11:38.
vijai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 17:42   #126
Team-BHP Support

One of the most shocking one I have come across from Bangalore Triumph Group.

Quote:
As posted to Mr shoeb farook personal number , customer care emails of India /Uk
Respected sir / madam

From an angry Triumph customer
Dr Ravinandana Gowda
2014 TRIUMPH Daytona 675r
VIN number SMTTTA14FAE617218
KA03HU8152

currently at the authorised service centre Keerthi Triumph Bangalore from 13 month's

DO NOT BUY TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES IN INDIA
(how triumph India messed up my CBU Daytona 675R)

I own a 2014 triumph Daytona 675R. I got the 3rd bike in India , this was a CBU unit that was unboxed in front of me . Bike was booked in Keerthi Triumph Bangalore before the showroom was even built. The bike was delivered on Feb 14.

I am the stereotypical middle class guy who saved up for several years to get his dream bike which was a poster on the wall for my entire life. The bike has been treated with love and the respect that she deserves. She has had her niggles from the get go which were attempted to be addressed at the authorized service center Keerthi Triumph Bangalore. including and not limited to engine switching off at low idling ( which they could not figure out several months ) Recurrent, starter motor issues, recurrent battery replacement issues , coolant and oils leaks

To keep the post as short as possible and less boring.I will stick to the story of the current event where Keerthi Triumph and triumph India destroyed my bike completely. The bike was having a ODO of 28k km in nov 2021 and these are series not unfortunate events that followed

Nov 2021
Recurrent Starter motor issues , cold starts are good . A warm bike refused to start. And a new sticky clutch issue . The bike was towed to Keerthi ( for the umpteenth time as usual ). Option of repair of starter motor given . I asked for a replacement starter motor, frustrated with the bike stranding me on the ride in the middle of nowhere and to check the clutch assembly , change the clutch cable . Starter motor replacement was done , was orally told the clutch is good and they forgot to replace the clutch cable . The bike was released with a 60k bill in Jan 2021

Jan 2022
Took the bike out for a ride and barely 100km from the service repair/ interval the clutch exploded on the Kolar NH4 highway losing power and nearly getting me killed by a bus behind me . This happened in the night in the middle of nowhere stretch during the covid curfew times. With a lot of difficulty a flat bed was called and the bike towed back to Bangalore with cops stopping us at every possible check point , got the bike back home @1am on Saturday night following . Monday morning the bike was towed to Keerthi from my home ( again for the umpteenth time . I think the towing agency was kept afloat by my bike alone )
Bikes assessed told the entire clutch assembly had disintegrated and needs to be replaced and as it is wear and tear component it has nothing to do with previous issue i had raised and it decided to do a spontaneous Hara Kiri as it was depressed and fed up with its life of abuse by Keerthi Triumph , triumph India
In the month of March parts were received and the clutch assembly done. They noticed some new mechanical noise which was unnoticed till the time of expected delivery, and decided to keep the bike back for further checks. After a week k was appraised that is timing belt issue which needs to be replaced and was replaced

April 2022
Bike ready for delivery , given to me @630pm closing time with an empty fuel tank ( near full when given ) with a bill of 90k. Took the bike hopeful that she was sorted out and headed to the nearest bunk . In the 3 km that I did manage to ride . it was unrideable with extreme loud mechanical noises with significant loss of power like she was being strangled and had to stop the bike and get her towed home ( as Keerthi had closed ) and next morning ( again for infinite time towed back to Keerthi at my cost)

They reassessed the bike and said that they have to open up the top end head assembly

May 2022
The head assembly opened and was told that exhaust valves had deformed and the exhaust valve guide in the compression head was deformed and had lost its size dimensions. Was given an estimate of 2 lacs upwards for parts alone which included the head assembly (1.2lac ) and all inlet ,outlet valves( 30 plus k) and gaskets(35k) not including labor
When they were questioned on how this could have happened they had no answers. Some due diligence was done and discussed with outsider subject experts and the issue was attributed to faulty timing belt assembly.
This was raised with Keerthi Triumph and they played it down and was given an option to attempt to repair the head assembly guide to dimensions by lathe and replace the valves to save a cost of 1.2 lac with an new estimate of 1.2 lac plus for the remaining work

July 2022
They get the head assembly back from the lathe and say it up to the standard dimensions and they will re-assemble the bike

August 2022
The bike was reassembled ,But the mechanical noise of March 21 persists. I was told that they need to open the bike again( each tear down costs me a gasket of 35k for the top end and another 35k if they open the bottom end ) . Reassessed again and told the top end is fine . They need to check the bottom end . The bottom end is opened and told the crank shaft ball bearings have disintegrated. They need to be replaced . Parts were ordered

September 2022
Parts received and the bike assembled . Told that bike will be taken for long test drive to make sure.there are no more problems and then I will be updated
This is followed by radio silence

October goes by no contact

November 2022
After multiple calls . They finally respond back saying the mechanical noise persists and they have no clue what the issue is and they will tear the top end and bottom end down again . Not to.mention the large number of cosmetic damages including dents, broken plastics , paint chips with repeated builds and tests and poor handling of the bike in general
Frustrated and distrustful I decided to escalate events to triumph India head , I was put in touch with mr SHOEB FAROOK India head who forwarded me to Mr MUDIT as a representative of triumph India . Multiple conference calls were held with Mr mudit representing triumph India and Mr Gowtham service head representing triumph Keerthi bangalore . They took the responsibility onto themselves and assured speedy, thorough and complete work to factory spec by both parties

Dec 20222
The bike disassembled again . The top and bottom end taken down , told that the compression head is completely destroyed , all valves deformed again, piston rings damaged . And possible crankshaft damage an estimate of Near 3 lakhs given

When questioned on the cause of this huge damage with the bike in 'safe hands of Keerthi from the lay one year . Keerthi had no answers other than that entire engine decided to commit suicide like the clutch plates because they were fed up with their life in care of Keerthi
When this was again escalated to Mr mudit . They were attributed to natural wear and tear of moving parts of the engine . There were some heated arguments on the initial timing belt insults and subsequent therapeutic misadventure . He sidestepped the issue blaming it on non authorized center oil change and spark plug change during the peak of pandemic when everything was shut down including keerthi triumph.
When it was pointed out that it is impossible for a routine oil and spark plug change could have caused this issue and it was caused by Keerthi Triumph incompetence and they were threatened with a legal notice and consumer court case . Mr Mudit immediately became.hostile saying that you should have replaced the head in May Jun 22 and should not repaired it so it is the owners fault and it has nothing to triumph India and washed their hands off and went into incognito mode and became unresponsive
So according to TRIUMPH INDIA the authorized service center for triumph KEERTHI TRIUMPH BANGALORE were so good at what they do that the bike spontaneously decided to disintegrate and self destruct in the service bay , and I should pay the complete ransom for the to attempt to fix endeavor and get bike back

Feb 23
All parts are received and the bike is assembled
And I get a call back saying that there is some crankshaft imbalance . They will consult Triumph India and get back to me . I get a call back subsequently saying case discussed with triumph India and has been advised to replace the entire crankshaft assembly and they will order those parts .more delays and more escalating costs and bills

Remedy
Accept responsibility and accountability for destroying the motorcycle engine because of faulty timing chain / belt resulting in the engine top end failure followed by attempted repair of top end resulting in bottom end failure
To ship engine to triumph India plant to repair and replace all damaged parts
To fix all cosmetic injuries the bike has acquired during stay at service floor
To replace brand new battery (nov 21) wich has been unused for the last one year
To bear above all costs and responsibilities
To give a 3 year engine warranty for the above work and parts

Failure to complete the above process and steps to my satisfaction will be followed by these steps

Consumer court based on this case
https://www.rushlane.com/ola-electri...-12461569.html
With respondents TRIUMPH India represented by mr SHOEB FAROOK, Keerthi Triumph represented by mr Sanjay , Keerthi service head represented by mr Gowtham
Social media bombing across UK and India

MORAL OF THE STORY
Triumph makes great bikes . Period. Some of the best bikes I have ever seen or ridden . Then there is triumph India who have no clue on who or what they are representing and all the management is interested in is their own pay checks with no pride or responsibility for the products that they sell .Keerthi Triumph is absolutely most incompetent and unqualified authorized service center and with underpaid , under trained and constantly migrating service personnel and supervisors sourced from Bajaj or KTM who are looking to jump to their next biggest paycheck and have no clue on what they are doing with the motorcycles . The face the ass no difference attitude , no ethics , no accountability , and zero responsibility for their work as long the bills.are marked up as high as possible and they are incentivised with labor costs and parts cuts for amounts that are billed
DO NOT BUY A TRIUMPH IN INDIA AND DO NOT GET ANY WORK DONE AT KEERTHI BANGALORE

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2023 at 07:56.
Jaggu is offline   (77) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 19:40   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely shocking! Not just the incompetence of the Service Center but also the handling of the issue by Triumph. But there are multiple horror stories of varying degrees and this is a new addition to it.

But I really am not sure why the owner didn't want to take an opinion from any of the reputed FNG. There are a few in Bangalore - atleast the issue could have been diagnosed properly at on go.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 08:51   #128
BHPian

What is appalling is the way Triumph India handled this episode. They should have owned up and dealt with the dealer sternly but they just left the customer in the lurch and sided with the dealer. Worst thing is the customer would have paid so much that it would be at par with the price of this bike now. What a harrowing experience and still no resolution.

Should never touch Triumph in India with even a bargepole I guess. Should stick to the SBKs from Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha (if at all they launch in India) or stick to the RE 650s and KTMs.
whencut86 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 13:38   #129
BHPian

There are numerous such stories related to Keerthi Triumph Bangalore.
My shortlisted middle weights for purchase last year May was Street Triple R and the CBR. The response from the showroom people was excellent(they still keep in touch) and I also liked the Street Triple R alot.
But could not convince myself after hearing so many horror stories about the service center in Bangalore. Since I was moving to the big bikes for the first time could not afford to take this risk.
.sourov is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 15:08   #130
Senior - BHPian

This incident is a nightmare. I thank my lucky stars the showroom guys in Bangalore were rude to me and I canceled on the Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
There are numerous such stories related to Keerthi Triumph Bangalore
Sebring is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 10:10   #131

Same here. Hearing all the horror stories, I am glad that I sold off my Bonneville when I did. I don’t need to deal with challenges of trying to find spares outside and finding a good FNG.
int3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 13:09   #132
Senior - BHPian

The original issue (bike not starting when hot) was probably a battery issue, not a starter issue.

Clutch ignored? Goes boom.

New mechanical noise issue diagnosed as a timing belt/chain issue. Timing belt/chain replaced. Probably mistimed or tensioner failed due to not being replaced along with the belt/chain. Causes more mechanical havoc and noises. Ruins the head, and probably the pistons too.

No idea why a head which has had valve-piston contact (usually ruins the combustion chamber and piston) has not been replaced altogether. Maybe the CC was fine and only the valves and guides needed replacement?

Quote:
Dec 20222
The bike disassembled again . The top and bottom end taken down , told that the compression head is completely destroyed , all valves deformed again, piston rings damaged . And possible crankshaft damage an estimate of Near 3 lakhs given
Are they handing over the reassembly of engines to donkeys? How many times can they blow the same engine?

What probably happened:
Battery worn out, starter replaced. Either forgot to check clutch or actively messed up something. Clutch explodes, some parts replaced. Probably took off the timing belt/chain and didn't verify timing when it was put back on. Caused piston-valve contact, blew the engine. Gave head to local labour to "fix", then put everything back together, either with a bad tensioner or mistimed. Engine blew up again.

The crank rides on a thin layer of oil between bearing shells. Piston-valve contact causes the crankshaft to touch the bearing surface, causing improper wear, or just damages the bearing altogether. Bearings not checked after piston-valve contact, so nobody knows what's lurking in the bottom end.

Someone tries to ride the bike after reassembly. Bottom end bearings are now chewed up and it ends up ruining the crankshaft too. RIP entire engine.

Best thing to do? Replace the entire engine and verify that the entire cooling and oil systems don't contain fluids they shouldn't have.

What will probably happen:

Bike will be fixed badly by Triumph. Owner will get frustrated and sell it. Bike will go through multiple owners, none of them willing to fix it. Might hopefully end up with another BHPian down the line who will create a thread about how they fixed a ruined Triumph Daytona.

Last edited by pranavt : 25th February 2023 at 13:13.
pranavt is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 17:36   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Should never touch Triumph in India with even a bargepole I guess. Should stick to the SBKs from Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha (if at all they launch in India) or stick to the RE 650s and KTMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
There are numerous such stories related to Keerthi Triumph Bangalore.
But could not convince myself after hearing so many horror stories about the service center in Bangalore. Since I was moving to the big bikes for the first time could not afford to take this risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This incident is a nightmare. I thank my lucky stars the showroom guys in Bangalore were rude to me and I canceled on the Trident
And there goes my dream of upgrading to a Tiger at least in Bangalore .

How is the service experience in Mumbai recently? A close friend is getting a Tiger 900 Rally Pro soon there.
advstreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 17:49   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
How is the service experience in Mumbai recently? A close friend is getting a Tiger 900 Rally Pro soon there.
My experience with Mumbai has been excellent.

But the above incident from Bangalore is simply horrific and clearly not an isolated one of negligence / bad service from Keerthi. They deserve to be sued by the chap for this one.

What disappoints me though is the utter lack of support from Triumph India - in a situation such as this, they should really have gone out of their way to assist him, heck even funded a complete engine rebuild if they needed. Its not a big cost for the company in the context of their Indian operations to take ownership of something like this.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th February 2023 at 17:52.
Axe77 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 20:57   #135
BHPian

The brand Triumph has motorcycles that not every average consumer wants to buy, this makes the customer base quite small and if Triumph India has handled the situation in this apalling manner it has lost a customer and upcoming customers too as people are bound to read this on the forum. A truly miserable and nightmarish experience indeed. Never expected this from Triumph India.
Drivaholic@2727 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks