Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 18:42   #31

Re: BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review

Hi, thanks for your super detailed and well illustrated review. Really enjoyed it.

Please do keep posting pics of your rides and also of the accessories that you instal on the beautiful beast.
keertan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 19:31   #32
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations and best wishes! Ride safe ride hard!

Excellent documentation of the bike on the thread, felt like as if I was walking around Moral's bike just couple of months back. The best tourer where money doesn't count. Looking forward to regular updates of the bike and the travels.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 22:46   #33
BHPian

Finally the detailed review thread of your new prized possession is up. Your eye for details and write up are too good.

Congratulations once again on the Beemer
vishal.joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 05:45   #34
BHPian

Wow!

The GS is such a monster of a motorcycle and yet, has all the grace of a ballet dancer when you ride it.

What a lovely write up. I wish you all the miles in the world. Super congratulations!!

Cheers!
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 08:43   #35
BANNED

Congratulations, Dkaile Saab
Another icon in your stable. I'm sure you could have bought your dream bike earlier, but glad you waited till now as the current iteration is as good as it gets.
As much as the bike is a tourer, it is surprising how much of hooligan it can be for short rides as well. I like the fact that it gains good speeds without the manic delivery like the Multistrada
Your reviews are getting more comprehensive with each bike. Thanks.
Happy touring.
Cheers
Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 08:46   #36
YDS
BHPian

Awesome review sir!

I have now been able to understand GSA vs GS difference, the FortNine review Fog has disappeared & especially thanks for sharing the financial part which will help me in future planning.

Wish you a million miles
YDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 17:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Your smile says it all!

Thanks a ton Sujai for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
I haven't finished writing my ownership review in 2.5 years and 22000 kms! Very well written.
Congrats on getting the best bike money can buy.
Thanks a ton Sarang! And it's high time you complete yours and publish. More the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Congrats dkaile on your dream bike.

Thanks a ton Haroon ji!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
Probably the most intimidating one on road in India.

Really good to see the outcome of the GS vs GSA thread come to fruition.

One query though, did you try to manuvere the bike with a full tank.
Thanks a ton Krishna. GSA was a no-brainer for me and I am loving it. I filled her up full right out of the showroom and did not see any issue that you mention. That tank should be good for 500+ kms and it's still going strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom View Post
I am smitten with the GS
Thanks katoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
any extended warranty offered by BMW?
Thanks ast.ggn. Yeah, I missed mentioning that.

The bike comes with 3 years unlimited km warranty as standard. Further Extended Warranty for 2 years is Rs. 25,500/- which can be bought within 90 days of purchase and which I shall be purchasing next month.

Road Side Assistance (RSA) for 3 years is 21,239/- and for 1 year is 8,259/- which also I am considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilkhan5 View Post
Looking to buy one and your opinion really helps. Many Thanks
Thanks adilkhan5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
Wow! What a review!

Did you not like exclusive style on GSA? Also I think you have purchased on a single side pannier, right? Wont it affect bike stability at high speeds?
Thanks prajakt. Exclusive Style in Kalamata Matt is great too. But BLUE was my favorite since forever, and heart years for what the heart yearns! Lolz.

How did you get the idea that I have purchased a single side pannier?? The Panniers are supplied by BMW as a set of 2 for both sides and the cost mentioned in my accessories post is for 2 panniers. Also one of them has a reduced capacity to compensate for the the Exhaust side space and therefore also looks balanced from behind. The Top box has also been ordered separately as I mentioned and I plan to ride mostly with the Top Box only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak.prasada View Post
Congratulations Sir on such a beautiful acquisition.
1200 GSA is indeed a continental mile muncher and hope to see many adventures on the GSA from Argentina to New Zealand
Makarandh
Thanks Makarandh! I can't comment of the Argentina to New Zealand Ride in these covid times!! But Tumhare mooh mein ghee shakkar! Lolz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberanand View Post
Many Congratulations for the Mighty Machine!
P.S.:- My picture is missing in the post :-)
Thanks a ton Amber! Guys, let me introduce my best riding buddy and younger brother Amber Anand to the Team. He has also recently acquired a F850GS and that is a fantastic machine in it's own right. We will be doing all our major rides together, God Willing! He was present with me to take the delivery of the bike too.

Sorry Amber for missing that delivery photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghate View Post
Congratulations on the purchase of your Dream Bike!! An excellent thread and rated 5 stars.
Thanks for the very kind words aghate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations dkaile! Brilliant, amazing, exhaustive review and a real learning experience for me regarding this beast.
Thanks for the kind words Cyborg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
What a lovely lass!
Many congratulations!

1) Any chance of audio? Would absolutely love to hear her.
2) How much do you actually ride and how much does Jr "borrow" and vanishes for hours?
Thanks RedTerrano. Will try to post a audio soon. But the stock exhaust is not very loud and that's the way I like it after the Harleys. 'Junior' is mostly interested in cars, somehow. Or maybe I don't let him touch my bikes (Devil's smile!!). Lolz... Anyways he has completed his Civil Engineering and is on his way to Trinity College, Dublin to start his Masters in Environmental Engineering, so I doubt he will get the time in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Dkaile, Congratulations on your new motorcycle.

It comes at an interesting time for me. I’ve been evaluating the 1250GSA and the 1290 Super Adventure R/S as my next motorcycle.
Thanks a ton Sting for those kind words. The Super Adventure is a beast and will beat the GSA on a race track but not by much. I think I saw a racetrack video between the two recently. But the GS is such an iconic bike and was so etched in my mind that I could not choose anything else and repent later. I compared all the competition whether it was the KTM, Honda or the Ducati etc. but I just couldn't shortchange the Beemer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
Congratulations. The review is very detailed and you have covered every nook and cranny of the bike in complete detail.

I have a doubt here. Is the redline actually this low at 4k rpm
Thanks JD. When the motor is cold it's 9k and the redline position shifts to show you what the limit of safe rpms are as the engine warms up. So that figures keep shifting from 9K to 6K. Though I have not seen the 4K that you mention. Also as it is still in break-in, I think BMW has automatically set that figure as 6K as they have mentioned in the Manual to keep it below 5K for the initial 1000 kms. The actual redline is and will change to 9000 rpm after the break-in service.

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw_r_1250_gs_and_gsa_review15.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Congrats, your reviews are always very detailed and from heart.

Knowing you from previous threads, this thread is destined to become a good source for GSA feature and DYI running report.

I suggest you get that side stand switch covered asap
Thanks a ton pramods. Will try to post as many DIYs as possible. And Thanks for the heads up on the side stand switch. Will order it asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Many many congratulations dkaile. It cannot get better than a GSA as far as mile munching is concerned. The Style HP spec (Blue Beak) is spot on, I liked it more than the Kalamata Matte paint option.
Thanks for the kind words Arunabh ji. I hope you are having plenty fun on your Tiger. Sorry we couldn't meet on the delivery day. We should plan to do a common ride soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Great write up and great pics, and congrats on the GSA 1250! I will be completing 2 years since my purchase of the GS 1200 Ralley and what a bike it has been! ~ It screams of speed, stability and joy! Enjoy the new 1250 GSA! Safe miles.
Thanks for the kind words Delano. What you have said is spot on! I am getting that exact same feeling now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Best Write-Up about the Best Bike, indeed. I wish you millions of happy miles ahead, on road & off-road!
Thanks a ton Neo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keertan View Post
Please do keep posting pics of your rides and also of the accessories that you install on the beautiful beast.
Thanks a ton keertan! Will surely keep updating the thread with all updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratulations and best wishes! Ride safe ride hard!
Thanks a ton Jaggu ji for the kind words! Yeah it's costly, but seeing everything that it has got and what it can handle, I feel it's totally worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.joshi View Post
Your eye for details and write up are too good.
Thanks for the kind words vishal.joshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Wow!

The GS is such a monster of a motorcycle and yet, has all the grace of a ballet dancer when you ride it.
Thanks a ton Odeen12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Congratulations, Dkaile Saab
Another icon in your stable. I'm sure you could have bought your dream bike earlier, but glad you waited till now as the current iteration is as good as it gets.
As much as the bike is a tourer, it is surprising how much of hooligan it can be for short rides as well.
Thanks a ton for the kind words gthang ji! I did consider and test rode the Multistrada some time back too. But then, as I said, this feels like a track bike now and then but with Hulk's girth. Lolz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDS View Post
I have now been able to understand GSA vs GS difference, the FortNine review Fog has disappeared & especially thanks for sharing the financial part which will help me in future planning.
Thanks YDS for the kind words. Glad to have helped.

Thanks and Cheers to all...

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd August 2020 at 18:00.
dkaile is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 18:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Went on a short Saturday Ride today -

Tried out the Givi Tank Bag today. Very easy to fit a full DSLR.

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250-gsa-samsung-22082020_1.jpg

Like I said earlier, the bike is very easy to ride standing. Almost perfect for my height.

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250-gsa-samsung-22082020_2.jpg

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250-gsa-samsung-22082020_3.jpg

The 'TANK' of motorcycles with THE Tank... Lolz

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250-gsa-samsung-22082020_4.jpg

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250-gsa-samsung-22082020_5.jpg

Cheers for now...
dkaile is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 18:54   #39
BHPian

Awesome writeup for an awesome bike, covering every detail.

Congratulations and wishing you '0000 miles of joy with the machine.

This indeed is a cross country bike and you should plan one.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 13:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Father-Son Ride today, 128 kms, 2 Up Riding

Smiles on both our faces after returning from today's ride

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_1.jpg

The Bike was topped with fuel today to full 30L tank capacity. 17L was required for the 300+kms covered till now which brings us to the important question of Kitna Deti Hai!! (no matter what the cost of the vehicle... Lolz) and it works out to 17.6 kmpl.

Here you can see the 2 Up posture with my son as pillion. He was absolutely comfortable at highway+ speeds. With the top box with backrest the journey will become even more comfortable for the pillion. The bike handled BETTER with the pillion and it truly showed it's pothole eating capabilities. The ride was butter smooth and became even better with the pillion on-board without me having to interfere at all with the fantastic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) in play.

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_8.jpg

Here are a few photos clicked by a friend -

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_4.jpg

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_5.jpg

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_6.jpg

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_7.jpg

Today's journey 128.7 kms and you can see the Redline is now showing at 9000 rpm

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_3.jpg

Today's Ride data on the screen

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_2.jpg

Today's Ride Data on the BMW App. There are lots more parameters available to view. But it especially logs in the Your route map; top speed; highest engine rpm was 6,837, instead of 5000 that I am required to remain under, just could'nt resist in a very short bursts... Lolz; Your lean angles etc. etc. The bike crosses 100kmph around 3000 rpm and the next ton should be around 7000 rpm. So it will have plenty of juice left till 9000 rpm. It truly has race bike performance. A friend asked me today if I was missing my Ninja 1000 and I couldn't believe it when I spurted out NO. I really loved my Ninja but this bike is at another level in all parameters.

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_9.jpg

The App logs in the last known location and data of the bike

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-bmw-r1250gsa-ride-23082020_10.jpg

Cheers for now...

Last edited by dkaile : 23rd August 2020 at 13:53.
dkaile is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 14:19   #41
BHPian

Congratulations dkaile sir! Excellent review with stunning pictures. Wish you a long and satisfying ownership experience.

Now I have a reason to visit my relatives in meerut(kidding, cant ride a bike so will admire it from the pictures only).
Raghav96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 00:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks prajakt. Exclusive Style in Kalamata Matt is great too. But BLUE was my favorite since forever, and heart years for what the heart yearns! Lolz.

How did you get the idea that I have purchased a single side pannier?? The Panniers are supplied by BMW as a set of 2 for both sides and the cost mentioned in my accessories post is for 2 panniers. Also one of them has a reduced capacity to compensate for the the Exhaust side space and therefore also looks balanced from behind. The Top box has also been ordered separately as I mentioned and I plan to ride mostly with the Top Box only.
I remembering reading pannier count as Quantity: 1 so somehow I though that you might have only opted for a single pannier
Old 25th August 2020, 15:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations; what a beautiful bike. Wish you many happy miles with it!

If I may recommend - Please invest in a good pair of ADV riding boots at the very least; if not a full on Motocross boot.

Just putting a foot down on a not so stable surface can easily mean a serious injury. The lateral support provided by MX boots is second to none. And gone are the days when all MX boots were unwieldy and clunky. Boots like the tech 7 and Fox instincts are tennis shoe comfy and once you ride in them; everything else just feels plain inadequate

ADV boots are fine but make quite a few compromises with lateral support and rigidity, but will be much better than hiking or street boots

Not to mention, these will only add to the "look"

Cheers and ride safe!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 16:28   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Motocross might be too much for him to start. I recommend the Sidi Adventure Goretex 2 to begin. It has a great dual hinge system on both sides, and thus protects whilst offering great flexibility to walk around. Plus it’s goretex. For a bike that will predominantly be on the road for touring runs, the Sidi is perfect.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 18:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I recommend the Sidi Adventure Goretex 2 to begin.
I am quite happy with the Shima Strada boots which I had reviewed in this post -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4410697 (2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - The Comprehensive Review)

As my main usage will be touring rather than off-roading, I had compared and checked out various boots closely and personally liked the TCX Airtech Evo and Sidi Aria, all in the 20k range, and this boots gives them a serious run for it's money at less than half the cost. I would highly recommend these for touring duties.

BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review-1598358923615.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks