Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2021, 18:36   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravm_89 View Post
I've been in the market for a new middleweight (had a HD street 750, which I sold in Nov'20). My primary riding will be in the city (sometimes 2-up) , with weekend rides and the occassional overnighter. The trident felt just right for my money at the time and I put a booking down in Dec'20.
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest that you expand your shortlist for now and include everything in your budget. The Z900 is out of contention. But you still have the Kawasaki Versys 650, Ninja 650 and Z650. And you have 2 Kawasaki dealerships in Delhi. There is the Suzuki VStrom 650. You also have the Honda CB500X and the 650 twins. And I would suggest that you include the new Street Triple R and if you are open to the preowned route, the Street Triple 675. Do test ride all of them and see where that leaves you in terms of your decision making. My suggestion is that you try to avoid getting into the value trap because if you accept any motorcycle today as a compromise, a year down the line you will start thinking that you should have gone for its better suited competition instead. Then comes the sell the current bike, and buy the better bike hungama.

The good news is that all of these are great bikes. They all excel in various parameters and for the same general usage that you are looking at, one person might buy the CB500X, while another might buy a Ninja 650. The bad news is that all of these are great bikes and so your decision making will be tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Was watching the review of the 2021 CBR650R and 2021 CB650R in Youtube today. That bike really excels in soaking up bumps as per the reviewer, something the Trident 660 is not adept at doing. The adjustable Showa Separate Function Forks in the CBR650R/CB650R are excellent as per many reviewers and are much better compared to the previous version of the bike without compromising on handling. The braking with 4-piston Nissin calipers is much more better in the CBR650R compared to the Trident 660. Honda's 650cc bikes are sort of the perfect bikes albeit the price. For someone looking to retain a sports tourer for a long time and serious about touring, I see more value in a Honda CBR650R/CB650R than a Trident 660. I understand that the bike is 8.67/8.88 lakhs ex-showroom for the naked/faired versions but as a package it excels in all departments compared to the Trident 660, be it ride, handling, touring capabilities, luggage carrying capabilities, versatility in both city and highways, service, spares and can even tick the Inline-4 box for someone aspiring to get an inline-4 someday. If one is willing to pay a premium for the Honda, that bike is sure to keep one satisfied for a very long time. Rather than opting for the Trident 660 because of its price but complaining about its rudimentary nature during ownership, personally I think it is better to wait out and cough up more for the CBR650R/CB650R and have very satisfying ownership.
Well said.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 22:21   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Although my heart is sold on triumph (we had a scrambler 900 and currently have a brand new street triple R in the family) , I have been a bit confused with the options- within this price band, I see mostly 2 options- Trident (with accessories) , or the Z900 if i cough up a bit more cash, and of course, the cb650r, which is even more expensive, and frankly, outside my budget.
As I see it you possibly have two budget options.

1. Spend about 8.4 lakh and buy the Trident; and

2. Spend about 2-2.5 lakh more and buy the CB 650 / Street Triple R / if you want to go the ADV way to prioritise touring perhaps consider a V Strom 650 / Honda NX 500 / Versys 650.

My two cents:

1. ADVs make great all rounder touring bikes. But until you start getting into Tiger and above segment, my personal opinion is that the 650 ADVs are not really as exciting / thrilling to ride as the naked options mentioned above.

Assuming you are willing to go a couple of lakhs over the Trident, only opt for one of these ADVs if you would find it acceptable to choose these for their superior two up with luggage touring comfort and are ok to compromise the raw thrills of the naked bikes in return. In my mind the V Strom is the best option perhaps amongst all three. (At 5’ 7” you may find the Versys a bit tall and top heavy too)

2. If you’re going to stick to the budget you mentioned, I think the Trident makes for a damn good option. Yes, touring is a big Q mark I agree. But if the touring limitations alone are causing you to consider spending another couple of lakhs then you should consider one of the options:

- Option 1: Buy the Street Triple R. It’s a hands down more fun bike than the CB at a comparable price and will be easier to own than the Z900, which you are anyway not attracted to. The Striple R will be slightly better to tour in than the Trident and while comparable to the Honda CB in comfort its probably better specced out including better power to weight etc than the Honda;

- Option 2: Buy the Trident and plonk the extra 2.5+ to buy a slightly used KTM 390A specifically for touring purpose. It’s a great bike to tour on, can serve for some different kind of riding if you decide to hit trails etc and you still have a bike in the garage (Trident) for the raw naked bike thrills. This way you can also defer out the additional purchase by a year or so and still have the best of both worlds.

Happy shopping.

EDIT: Just saw Neil’s post and I like his suggestion of a used Street Triple 675. They are lovely bikes and incredible value now. I’d add a slight twist. How about considering a sparingly used Street Triple RS!! I know up north, NS One and some other prominent dealers seem to have a steady supply of such bikes. You should be able to get one of those for around 9 lakh or so, which is not a lot of money over the Trident but definitely a HECK LOAD more bike for the money.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th April 2021 at 22:26.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 22:44   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum .... and this is my first post on tbhp
...My primary riding will be in the city (sometimes 2-up) , with weekend rides and the occassional overnighter. The trident felt just right for my money at the time and I put a booking down in Dec'20.

That leaves me with the Trident- seeing it in flesh re-affirmed the positive feeling... The only concern probably is its slightly smaller dimensions, as mentioned by some people above, (I'm 5ft-7, heavy-ish built) and the possibility of mounting luggage - which seems to be a problem with all the bikes in this segment. I'm still a bit on the edge about whether I should pull the trigger on the Trident! Any advice is welcome- and please forgive the lengthy post
Welcome onboard Saurav!

Judging from your pick list (Z900, CB650 and Trident), it seems you have set your heart on middleweight sports naked bikes so I'll not push more for the other options in similar price bracket. But, do consider the options listed below by Sebring in your test ridelist before you put your money on Trident or any other bike for that matter.

One question though, you say you saw it in flesh and felt positive about the bike. Did you feel it was compact enough to oversee the other benefits (Extremely VFM, electronics package, fit and finish, brand, handling, fresh product, nimble and practical for city use etc.) that Trident offers overall as a package? Don't be bothered too much about other opinions on looks and dimensions if you felt positive about the bike.

If you see just yourself riding the bike alone with minimal luggage for 80-90% of the time within city or weekend joyrides, this is almost everything that you want within your budget IMO. Like you rightly pointed in your post, luggage with pillion is always going to be a problem in this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please check out Honda's CB 650 (Naked bike). Shouldn't harm to TD 500X (Ticks most boxes), Versys (Solid performer), VSTROM etc before plonking those big bucks.
Not sure if OP is interested in Adventure tourers considering his primary need is city rides and the additional 30 odd kgs (Versys and Vstrom) as compared to Trident may not be ideal for city use. But solid options if he wants to explore this category and these meet luggage and pillion comfort criteria very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
A nice review comparing the Triumph Trident 660 to the Honda CB650R.

For those short on time he found the Trident to be very good value for the money though he found the Street Triple R to be more fun than the Trident or the Honda but the Street Triple is his own bike and there will always be a bias towards your own bike !
Nice comparison and well concluded by the reviewer IMO. I wouldn't really compare Street Triple to the other two. If one has the money, I'd recommend the Triple any day.

Of the remaining two, the Trident ticks most boxes for me in comparison to CB650R and it does so at ~80% of CB650R price. One can indulge those remaining funds to accessorize or cover the running costs for good 1-2 years.
camitesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 15:37   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Welcome onboard Saurav!

One question though, you say you saw it in flesh and felt positive about the bike. Did you feel it was compact enough to oversee the other benefits (Extremely VFM, electronics package, fit and finish, brand, handling, fresh product, nimble and practical for city use etc.) that Trident offers overall as a package? Don't be bothered too much about other opinions on looks and dimensions if you felt positive about the bike.

If you see just yourself riding the bike alone with minimal luggage for 80-90% of the time within city or weekend joyrides, this is almost everything that you want within your budget IMO. Like you rightly pointed in your post, luggage with pillion is always going to be a problem in this segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
As I see it you possibly have two budget options.

My two cents:

ADVs make great all rounder touring bikes. But until you start getting into Tiger and above segment, my personal opinion is that the 650 ADVs are not really as exciting / thrilling to ride as the naked options mentioned above.
Assuming you are willing to go a couple of lakhs over the Trident, only opt for one of these ADVs if you would find it acceptable to choose these for their superior two up with luggage touring comfort and are ok to compromise the raw thrills of the naked bikes in return. In my mind the V Strom is the best option perhaps amongst all three. (At 5’ 7” you may find the Versys a bit tall and top heavy too)
If you’re going to stick to the budget you mentioned, I think the Trident makes for a damn good option. Yes, touring is a big Q mark I agree. But if the touring limitations alone are causing you to consider spending another couple of lakhs then you should consider one of the options:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest that you expand your shortlist for now and include everything in your budget. The Z900 is out of contention. But you still have the Kawasaki Versys 650, Ninja 650 and Z650.
The good news is that all of these are great bikes. They all excel in various parameters and for the same general usage that you are looking at, one person might buy the CB500X, while another might buy a Ninja 650. The bad news is that all of these are great bikes and so your decision making will be tough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please check out Honda's CB 650 (Naked bike). Shouldn't harm to TD 500X (Ticks most boxes), Versys (Solid performer), VSTROM etc before plonking those big bucks. Besides luggage, you want pillion rider comfort too - right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
I haven't ridden any of the bikes you are considering so take what I say with a generous helping of salt!

The Trident from everything I have read is meant for shorter riders and for solo rides. The seat along with the bike is quite small. So your height is fine but if you want to take a pillion along I doubt the Trident will suit your needs.

For your needs the CB650R seems to be a much better fit. Yes the engine is down on power but honestly for our roads its plenty powerful for all but the most skilled riders out there.
Thanks guys! Really grateful that my first post evinced such wonderful advice from fellow bhpians . It does help to bring a bit more clarity.
I probably left a few things vague in my post, and reading all the responses helped me put a pin on it- what I am looking for is a bike that is easy to ride in the city, and has a "fun factor" in terms of performance, while giving me enough confidence to push it. And this comes from my less-than optimal experience with the street 750, which sort of shaped what exactly i'd want from the next bike- nimble (for city and highways both), fun performance that gives me the big-bike feels, good in the braking department, and a decent pillion so my wife can get on for the sunday rides. (this include grabrails which are a must). In terms of engines, I have realised that the parallel twins arent that exciting for me, and it has to be a 3/4 cylinder bike. (V/L-twins are fun, but not many options i suppose). Touring/luggage, while good to have, is not exactly a dealbreaker, as long as decent pillion comfort is there.
The ADV aspect is something I havent' actively explored, and again, the current options within my budget dont seem that exciting (as pointed out by axe77). And as rightly pointed out by camitesh, ADV's may be difficult to maneouvre on a daily basis given my height + their size,in Delhi and later on Bangalore traffic(when i move later this year)
In terms of budget, I dont feel comfortable stretching the final figure beyond 9L; will have to plonk on protective accessories/gear as well.
Now I have been riding my brother's street triple R a bit, and it is insane, for the lack of words. Just seems a bit committed in terms of posture- something more relaxed would be nice. Power figures are also awesome I wonder although, if the trident's 80 PS is more than enough for Indian roads. Anyways, In the end, I'm guessing it boils down to taking a call between the
  • Trident (pros- engine, fit/finish, features, looks; cons- small-ish size)
  • CB 650 R (pros- size, reliability, engine, looks; cons- too expensive)
  • A good used bike, like the Striple RS/N1000 etc. again, has its own sets of cons but too subjective.
Looks like the current lockdown is going to help me do some last-mile introspection and take a call before I get the call from Triumph for the final decision and delivery !!
sauravm_89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 16:56   #200
BHPian

Quote:
I've been in the market for a new middleweight (had a HD street 750, which I sold in Nov'20). My primary riding will be in the city (sometimes 2-up) , with weekend rides and the occassional overnighter.

Although my heart is sold on triumph (we had a scrambler 900 and currently have a brand new street triple R in the family) , I have been a bit confused with the options- within this price band. The only concern probably is its slightly smaller dimensions,as mentioned by some people above, (I'm 5ft-7, heavy-ish built) and the possibility of mounting luggage - which seems to be a problem with all the bikes in this segment. I'm still a bit on the edge about whether I should pull the trigger on the Trident! Any advice is welcome- and please forgive the lengthy post
Surprisingly nobody has mentioned one of the prime contenders in this category. It may not be that popular in India but I think it could be a very worthy consideration for your needs.

The Ducati Scrambler has launched their BS6 models recently. At the same price point as the Trident, CBR, Versys, Z900, the Italian middleweight offers astonishing versatility.

- Great for city use with ample power and torque
- Very characterful L twin air cooled engine
- Engine and model have been in production for over 6 years. No reliability concerns. Henry Crew did a world tour on the thing.
- No ground clearance issues, can even handle moderate off-roading (more than anything else mentioned thus far)
- Comfortable riding position for touring or city riding.
- Luggage solutions are plentiful. Can accommodate more than enough luggage for touring.
- Not bad for a pillion either.
- Looks sexy. Tons of aftermarket mods are out there.

The Trident seems more slotted into a particular niche being a great city and weekend bike. But for a country with roads like ours and with your touring needs I would give the Ducati a test ride.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs-ducatiscrambler800201934.jpg  

Last edited by imranstael : 21st April 2021 at 16:59.
imranstael is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 18:19   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranstael View Post
The Ducati Scrambler has launched their BS6 models recently. At the same price point as the Trident, CBR, Versys, Z900, the Italian middleweight offers astonishing versatility.

Somebody already made a video on this comparison!
surjaonwheelz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 22:10   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And this comes from my less-than optimal experience with the street 750, which sort of shaped what exactly i'd want from the next bike- nimble (for city and highways both), fun performance that gives me the big-bike feels, good in the braking department, and a decent pillion so my wife can get on for the sunday rides. (this include grabrails which are a must). In terms of engines, I have realised that the parallel twins arent that exciting for me, and it has to be a 3/4 cylinder bike. (V/L-twins are fun, but not many options i suppose). Touring/luggage, while good to have, is not exactly a dealbreaker, as long as decent pillion comfort is there.
Unfortunately, there doesnt appear to be a perfect bike that meets all your requirements.
- The Trident does meet most but I feel its a nine tenth sized bike and will not give you the big bike visual appeal.
- The CB650 will likely meet all your requirements better than the Trident, but it will also overshoot your budget.
- I find the Scrambler to be too small though the engine is quite peppy.

Now that you have listed out your requirements in a more detailed fashion, I will tweak my earlier suggestion
a. Get a pre-owned Street Triple 675 with both the Arrow exhaust and OEM exhaust. Since you mentioned ease of riding in the city, get the dealership to switch to the stock exhaust with the detuned 79 HP map. I have been running that specification for over a year now and its perfectly suited for city riding. You get a comfortable pillion seat and grab rails. The big bike feel is guaranteed. Once you grow out of the 79 HP map / do more weekend riding and need more power, switch the exhaust and get the 20757 map installed. That bumps up power substantially (close to 100 HP) and gives it a lot more oomph once you twist the throttle. Look for a bike which has run below 20k kms and it should be yours for below Rs 6L.
b. Get a pre-owned Speed Triple. First of all, its got a phenomenal engine and probably has too much power for most riders. But before you dismiss it, the Speed Triple gets you the best pillion seat on a naked bike in India. The pillion also gets a huge grab rail and if you want to keep the Mrs happy, this is the bike to buy. The prices that these are going for are mouthwateringly tempting. For a small delta over the price of a Street Triple 675, you get a much better motorcycle. Its also got that monstrous big bike feel. The only major negative is that its got a hard clutch. But in case you think that you will buy a bike now and will then upgrade after a few years, get yourself a Speed Triple and be done with your big bike purchases for life. It is an often overlooked bike but goodness me, in terms of big bike feels per rupee in the preowned market, nothing comes remotely close.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 21st April 2021 at 22:13.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 23:54   #203
BHPian

Quote:
what I am looking for is a bike that is easy to ride in the city, and has a "fun factor" in terms of performance, while giving me enough confidence to push it.

And this comes from my less-than optimal experience with the street 750, which sort of shaped what exactly i'd want from the next bike- nimble (for city and highways both), fun performance that gives me the big-bike feels, good in the braking department, and a decent pillion so my wife can get on for the sunday rides. (this include grabrails which are a must). In terms of engines, I have realised that the parallel twins arent that exciting for me, and it has to be a 3/4 cylinder bike. (V/L-twins are fun, but not many options i suppose). Touring/luggage, while good to have, is not exactly a dealbreaker, as long as decent pillion comfort is there.

Anyways, In the end, I'm guessing it boils down to taking a call between the
  • Trident (pros- engine, fit/finish, features, looks; cons- small-ish size)
  • CB 650 R (pros- size, reliability, engine, looks; cons- too expensive)
  • A good used bike, like the Striple RS/N1000 etc. again, has its own sets of cons but too subjective.
Considering your height+built and the fact that you'd prefer riding with pillion, all the bikes in your list will have issues with ground clearance; since they all have underbody exhausts. Also, if you do intend to tour +1 with luggage, you'll need to look at tweaking (read: stiffening) the rear suspension if you need any kind of clearance and 'non-scraping' incidents.

From the list above, a used N1000 would be the best bet for your requirements. It's got inline 4, big bike feeling, aftermarket luggage systems, great seating comfort and a proven/reliable engine. There are a few ownership threads on this forum especially the one from Mr. Dkaile - which can make/break your decision! And yes, you'll have to unfortunately 'love' the japanese design as well. The only con being it's not nimble

I see no harm in the Trident considering you have ridden the Street Triple and had a Scrambler 900 earlier. The perfect bike for our requirement will always be as elusive as the mythical unicorn!
TheVaas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 00:26   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Get a pre-owned Street Triple But in case you think that you will buy a bike now and will then upgrade after a few years, get yourself a Speed Triple and be done with your big bike purchases for life. It is an often overlooked bike but goodness me, in terms of big bike feels per rupee in the preowned market, nothing comes remotely close.
Absolutely agree with you Neil, the Speed Triple is a fantastic bike! This one has the looks to die for overall, those twin underseat exhausts look and sound heavenly. One only needs to get used to the (slightly) heavy front end feel and overall weight, which should be fairly doable. I had a 30 minute ride on the Speed Triple a few years back and it was truly memorable.

This one would be difficult to outgrow or get bored with as such, unless you want to change the flavour in biking.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 22nd April 2021 at 00:27.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 06:57   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks guys!

I probably left a few things vague in my post, and reading all the responses helped me put a pin on it- what I am looking for is a bike that is easy to ride in the city, and has a "fun factor" in terms of performance, while giving me enough confidence to push it.

The ADV aspect is something I havent' actively explored,

And as rightly pointed out by camitesh, ADV's may be difficult to maneouvre on a daily basis given my height + their size,in Delhi and later on Bangalore traffic(when i move later this year)

In terms of budget, I dont feel comfortable stretching the final figure beyond 9L; will have to plonk on protective accessories/gear as well. !

Striple 675: I like Neil’s suggestion of a mapped Street Triple 675 with Arrows. Great price and superb product.

Speed Triple: It is HEAVY! And its not short either. And if I’m not mistaken it has very modest electronics. I would be circumspect about picking this one. It’s going to make its bulkiness felt in city riding. I personally think for the above reasons it has its own set of Cons you need to weigh carefully.

Ninja 1000: Agree with TheVaas here. This is VFM priced off the shelf and therefore can be had at a great price used as well. I would hugely recommend this. It’s manageable enough, is a great tourer. Only thing is that it’s heavy, particularly with stock exhaust so I would hugely recommend a good aftermarket just to reduce the weight factor. This is a bike you can keep in your garage for a LONG time. You buy this and basically you are sorted in terms of “upgrade itch”. It’s also a great all rounder, a good quality to have for a single bike garage.

If you’re getting into used territory, don’t rule out the CBR 650 either. There should be 2018/2019 models available well within 6-7 lakh. Great option if you want to stay within the Honda ecosystem although from the “above” list (and subject to my Tiger recco below), my top picks would be the N 1000 and one of the Street Triple - older 675 or 765 S / RS depending on where you are willing to go on budget.

My personal top pick for you: Used Tiger 800 XRX

You can get 2017 Tigers well within 9 lakh. Believe me, in XRX guise, it’s immensely flickable for an ADV, has a proper big bike feel, heating issues aside (most SBKs will suffer this) on account of traffic, its actually quite rideable within city limits too. And you can’t get a more comfortable tourer for long rides with pillion. And it does not compromise on the fun to ride factor with its thrilling inline 3 engine. I have moved from a street triple 765 S to a Tiger 800. The 650 cc ADV options out there would have left me yearning for my Street Triple. With the Tiger 800 - just not the case. I can ride hard without worrying about ground clearance and still treat the bike like a hooligan if I wished to. I’ve ridden on twisties with skilled riders riding it like it was a Duke 390 or something. On the last bit (engine thrills), I’d say it holds an edge even over the new Tiger 900.

The bike will last a long time and a lakh plus kms eyes shut. Think of it like an Innova in terms of longevity. If you do get a pre 2018 model, Arrow it up (trust me, thank me later!). That burble is on another level and completely gone post the TFT era bikes.
PS: I’m 5’4” and ride the Tiger comfortably (far more comfortable on the Tiger than the Speed Triple), and ride it in all kinds of settings, within city confines, out on highways as well as trails. At 5’7” you’ll have no issues with the XRX if thats a doubt in your mind. Take a test ride of an older 800 if you get a chance before you conclude. NS One in NCR routinely has Tigers in its inventory.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd April 2021 at 07:08.
Axe77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:15   #206
BHPian

Guys, the Triumph Trident thread is quickly devolving into a 'What bike' thread so let me get in a few words before the mods step in. Perhaps what I say shall resonate with the thread too.

Every time the buyer goes up in price in the 'imported / superbike' section, the classic question that first pops up is the price v. spec sheet. Having owned a Ninja 300 in the past and currently the proud owner of a Ducati Scrambler Icon and a Supersport 939, I have come to realise that the function is more about emotions than anything else.

The spec sheet will make you feel good when people see the bikes for the first few times, but unless you are the sort of person who changes bikes regularly, what I would place a premium on is the ability for the bike to make me want to ride it. The Trident according to me fits perfectly for the person who wants versatility to be able to take it out in the city regularly if required as well as the short stints for weekend rides.

The bike sounds good, goes good, looks decent. You will be able to park it without being worried all the time. My office is in South Mumbai in Fort and I see a Tiger parked there regularly. I love the fact that someone is commuting to office on a Tiger and parking it outside just like normal bike. I do the same with my scrambler from time to time (The scrambler is a fun fun bike and the owner community is super passionate... I ended up buying a second Ducati!!).

Also, the readiness of buying pre-owned bikes is a state of mind. Nothing beats the feel of a new bike and the running in for me (though I have bought a bike pre-owned and love it).

There will be 'one bike' like the 'one ring' to rule them all. Most bikes are quite versatile now. A lot of people buy bikes with plans of what they would like to do. It's my belief that the best thing to do is to buy a bike that fulfils requirements today. Premium bikes are more than the sum total of their spec sheets. It's a decision that needs to be taken by heart.

I'd buy the Trident if I didn't have the scrambler. It has a sweet engine. It has a decent size (i'm 5'6 and medium built) and comes with a decent brand cachet. The quick-shifter looks promising and it will fly below the radar when it needs to. Quite versatile !!

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd April 2021 at 08:11. Reason: Typos
redeff is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 10:28   #207
BHPian

The engine note sounds sweet! Only reason to get an after market exhaust is to improve the ground clearance.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 22:46   #208
BHPian

For those looking for luggage options for the Trident, GIVI has come up with a few. BikenBiker have already started pre-order requests as per their Instagram page (linked below)

Top box + Soft saddle bags + Tank bag
Name:  Screenshot 20210521 at 10.38.17 PM.png
Views: 1156
Size:  141.2 KB

Tail bag + Soft saddle bags + Tank bag
Name:  Screenshot 20210521 at 10.38.28 PM.png
Views: 1206
Size:  136.0 KB

Different angle of the above.
Name:  Screenshot 20210521 at 10.38.37 PM.png
Views: 1393
Size:  293.2 KB

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPH9ItiAfhf/

The bike, with the luggage, looks like a decent and compact pocket tourer!

PS: I am not affiliated to BikenBiker
TheVaas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 23:07   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
For those looking for luggage options for the Trident, GIVI has come up with a few. BikenBiker have already started pre-order requests as per their Instagram page (linked below)
As someone who works with distributors, I would suggest to wait out this pre-order request. Givi has not released the bags for the India market and there is no current inventory. I cannot comment for BikenBiker, but to avoid the heartburn and headache of endless chaser emails, its safer to order these parts when you actually see them online on the distributor / retailer channels.

Last edited by no_fear : 21st May 2021 at 23:09.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 00:56   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
As someone who works with distributors, I would suggest to wait out this pre-order request. Givi has not released the bags for the India market and there is no current inventory. I cannot comment for BikenBiker, but to avoid the heartburn and headache of endless chaser emails, its safer to order these parts when you actually see them online on the distributor / retailer channels.
Sure. That's the ideal route. But my post also served a dual purpose (albeit quite subtly) of showcasing the kind of luggage options available for the Trident; since some of the past discussions on this thread pertained to whether the bike would have/come with luggage capabilities or not.

And since the bike has recently been launched + lockdown in most of the states - prime time for retailers/distributors to start showcasing/updating the 'coming soon' catalogs!
TheVaas is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks