Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 02:09   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
If i am not wrong the white Yamaha is from Ludhiana.
Old 9th June 2009, 08:35   #1622
BHPian

sorry if this is OFF Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
yup, all the official bikes ...
aadix: Sir, I didn't know where to find you on the Forum, hence the delay. Thanks a heap for stepping in with inspection, counsel, assessment and more of what became my Blade, finally. Kind of you and it's much appreciated. If there's something I could help out with in Bangalore, please do not hesitate to ask.

Turned out a pleasure dealing with R and his buddies (who entertained me at some Swank Hyderabad watering hole where the who's who of Hyd seemed to gravitate ...at least that night- one of our party was also a certain IPL Hyd Opening Batsman but, since I'm no cricket fan, it could have been the Pope eating naan and chicken masala with us for all I knew; I surmise the team is the Deccan Chargers??), chauffered me around in one VERY impressive 7-series Beemer. Fact is it was the first time in my life I was in a cavalcade lead by a BMW 7xx while I tested out the Blade, and I sure felt important (and safe).

So, good Hyderabad hospitality and a darned danged adrenaline-infused ride back on Blade-San later, yours truly is happy as a tyke in a hardware store.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:55   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Are those pics taken in Nasik,Dante? Nice roads, and a good set of bikes too!
One of the road was in nasik and the other of group photo was a bit on the outskirts, the road to trimbakeshwar temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
What's the matter with these new crop of bikes, CBR, R1, ZXR, GSX? They all look so small. No road presence at all. They look almost same size as Karizma, CBZ, TVS RTR etc. Also with so many Karizmas/Pulsars turned into fake R1s and CBRs, it is sometimes difficult to tell the genuine apart from the fakes. I think in their quest to shed weight, these bikes have become too small. Only exception seems to be Hayabusa and ZZR 1400 which are really massive. When I save up enough moolah, I have to look out for one of these two.
I'd like like to interup there buddy. This bikes are huge, albeit gonna are the days when they were bulky enough to put a man down.
But there's a reason for that, coz of their agility there are fast than ever more precise. A 600rr weighs to 163 kg dry weight, lets say with fuel filled in goes upto 183 kg. And thats not light. But don't compare them karizmas and RTR's please. Thats prepostorous.

These bikes definetly stand apart and noise they make stiches everyones mouth. Hayabusa and ZZR1400 have a huge engine, 1340 cc and 1352 cc (190 bhp) offcouse they'll be bulky, there's no way to cut the engine space. While with the 600s and 1000s, there's no point in feeding extra bulkness.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:03   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Hmm so what if they look small? Unless ofcourse someone buys them only for show off
Old 9th June 2009, 14:57   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
aadix: Sir, I didn't know where to find you on the Forum, hence the delay. Thanks a heap for stepping in with inspection, counsel, assessment and more of what became my Blade, finally. Kind of you and it's much appreciated. If there's something I could help out with in Bangalore, please do not hesitate to ask.

Turned out a pleasure dealing with R and his buddies (who entertained me at some Swank Hyderabad watering hole where the who's who of Hyd seemed to gravitate ...at least that night- one of our party was also a certain IPL Hyd Opening Batsman but, since I'm no cricket fan, it could have been the Pope eating naan and chicken masala with us for all I knew; I surmise the team is the Deccan Chargers??), chauffered me around in one VERY impressive 7-series Beemer. Fact is it was the first time in my life I was in a cavalcade lead by a BMW 7xx while I tested out the Blade, and I sure felt important (and safe).

So, good Hyderabad hospitality and a darned danged adrenaline-infused ride back on Blade-San later, yours truly is happy as a tyke in a hardware store.

my pleasure sir,

am glad you had a good time in hyd, would have been nice if we could have met up. btw which waterhole was it?

but anyways congrats once again on the most neat looking sbk i have ever seen! R sure did know how to maintain the bike.

now how about some pics and a travelouge on your ride back to banglore on the cbr

ps: order up only motovation frame sliders to compliment the existing rear sliders.

Quote:
aadix, may be you are right. But that is my personal opinion. You don't have to agree with that and you haven't. Yes, among these 4, ZXR and R1 fare somewhat better. But all these still look like 60-70% of a Busa or a ZZR 1400. As for Vizag beach, even a modified Pulsar gets attention here. This city is starved of SBKs unlike B'lore/Pune. Sure, a bike enthusiast can easily spot a CBR or a GSX but even a layman can spot a Busa or a ZZR1400. May be people do not like these two bikes much but I do. What to do? And yes, by the way, I heard a guy say he sometimes finds it tough telling R1 apart from R15 from a distance. And, no this guy is a not a 50 year old man but a 21 year old kid who dabbles in motorcycles.
yup, few points are very true, but afaik, vizag has quite a few sbks, its just that no one removes it much or keeps it parked in hyd, last time i was there, this was a major discussion going on in waltair club with most of my dad's friends and thier love for bikes and cars.

btw there are a few pics of a r1 with a r15 side by side, think it is rossieter's r1 thread, show those pics to you friend!

btw how is your bike doing? must be fun riding on the long winding roads of vizag! any long trips on the bike?

Last edited by aadix : 9th June 2009 at 15:10.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:05   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Well well, netchef is a Fireblader once again! Congrats.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:30   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Fact is it was the first time in my life I was in a cavalcade lead by a BMW 7xx while I tested out the Blade, and I sure felt important (and safe).

Rajeev! So there you are!Been wondering where you had vanished,since I hadn't seen you post on this thread for a while.
May we have some pics now, please?

(OT:I'll be in town next week,so if time permits we must meet up. I'd like to see as many BHPians as possible.)
Old 9th June 2009, 21:26   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Wow congratulations Netchef, wonderful to know you are back on the saddle.
Now where is the report and pics?

Nitin: Would be nice to have a mini meet when you are around.
Old 9th June 2009, 21:31   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

afaik, vizag has quite a few sbks, its just that no one removes it much or keeps it parked in hyd, last time i was there, this was a major discussion going on in waltair club with most of my dad's friends and thier love for bikes and cars.

btw how is your bike doing? must be fun riding on the long winding roads of vizag! any long trips on the bike?

Thanx Mr. Aadix for asking. My bike's fine, thank you. And yes, it pastes a smile on my face everytime I rev up that engine. I take it out for a spin upto Rushikonda. Sometimes I rip it and sometimes I just go with the flow. And yes, Vizag's scenic beauty is quite right for biking or opentop cars. Especially on the winding beach road between Vizag and Bhimli which is free from trucks/pollution/heavy traffic. But unfortunately, I see very few exotic bikes/cars around here. There are quite a lot of superrich guys around here. How I wish I could brainwash them into buying some exotic cars/bikes. I can never afford to buy those but if others in my town do, then at least I get some voyeuristic pleasure watching 'em, haha...
Old 10th June 2009, 17:12   #1630
BHPian

[quote=netchef;1340268][quote=aadix;1339104]my pleasure sir,
motovation frame sliders to compliment the existing rear sliders.

quote]

aadix: Ohris or Osiris Sir? dunno for sure but it had a large glass frontage and a winding staircase as you entered. Oh yes, Banjara Hills area. Parking for around 6 cars in front and a heap of people milling about- which seemed to be the MI rather than the aberration. Yeah, wish I had the time to meet with you. Give me a shout when you're next in Bangalore.

Frame sliders are just what the Doc ordered!

straight6: Thanks, Sir. Honda seems to be one of my DNA strands. I tried hard to get enamoured with the Yamahas and things of this world, but Honda san kept showing up on radar- relentlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Rajeev! So there you are!quote]

Nitin: Pics coming as soon as I give her a bubble bath and kick start my camera, Sir. Please hail me down when you're in Bangalore and we'll try to connect if work/destiny permit.

congrats sir.....awaiting you for the ride to maddur!!!!
Old 11th June 2009, 16:19   #1631
Senior - BHPian

huh?, netchef, did you post from the wrong id?

btw anyone has any updates on rossiter's bike, or if someone who is in touch with rossiter could ask him to post a small summary here would be good, the thread on xbhp about his bike repairs is a bit long.
Old 11th June 2009, 17:06   #1632

Quote:
huh?, netchef, did you post from the wrong id?

btw anyone has any updates on rossiter's bike, or if someone who is in touch with rossiter could ask him to post a small summary here would be good, the thread on xbhp about his bike repairs is a bit long.
I have asked him to do so via a PM. Also, aadix, you too have a PM.
Old 28th June 2009, 22:43   #1633
BHPian

Some pics of my friend's Kawasaki zr7 and the other super bikes in tvm.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-1.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-2.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-3.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-4.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-5.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-6.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-7.jpg  

nikhilv12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2009, 16:26   #1634
BHPian

Some more pics of my friend's zr7
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-10.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-11.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-12.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-14.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-15.jpg  

Attached Images

nikhilv12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2009, 20:58   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
Some pics of my friend's Kawasaki zr7 and the other super bikes in tvm.
Amazing bike that ZR-7. Wish bikes like that were available here.
Hey by any chance has the owner changed the rear tire on the maroon r1? The pattern looks like the one on the MT-01.

Do post more pics if possible.

Yesterday I came across a guy in my area with a black R1. He had bought it recently (used), he got it from a pilot. He insisted that it was an official R1 though it had a DL registration. He got it for 8.5L with a lot of after market parts. Two Bros exhausts, braided brake lines, racing chain, gold color plated clutch and brake levers, similar grips even the rims were painted in gold. The owner also gave away original parts along with the bike and a Joe Rocket helmet.

Did not take pics as was too spell bound by the bike

Cheers

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 29th June 2009 at 21:00. Reason: Forgot to mention abt the rims

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks