Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 21:27   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Yesterday I came across a guy in my area with a black R1. He had bought it recently (used), he got it from a pilot. He insisted that it was an official R1 though it had a DL registration. He got it for 8.5L with a lot of after market parts. Two Bros exhausts, braided brake lines, racing chain, gold color plated clutch and brake levers, similar grips even the rims were painted in gold. The owner also gave away original parts along with the bike and a Joe Rocket helmet.
think this is s6's friend's bike which was up for sale in the team-bhp classifieds. good price the person got it for.
Old 29th June 2009, 23:00   #1637
Team-BHP Support

In the las picture from the TVM lot, is that a black XX on the right? Running a 2 x 1 exhaust? More pictures?

Quote:

Yesterday I came across a guy in my area with a black R1. He had bought it recently (used), he got it from a pilot. He insisted that it was an official R1 though it had a DL registration. He got it for 8.5L with a lot of after market parts. Two Bros exhausts, braided brake lines, racing chain, gold color plated clutch and brake levers, similar grips even the rims were painted in gold. The owner also gave away original parts along with the bike and a Joe Rocket helmet.
That is the same R1 which was on sale in the classifieds section till a while ago, currently with its fourth owner already!

manson.

Last edited by manson : 29th June 2009 at 23:03.
Old 29th June 2009, 23:47   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, Nikhil.
I like the ZR-7,and it was one of the bike's I was considering when on the lookout for a ride. Hope to ride one sometime soon.
Old 30th June 2009, 00:37   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
In the las picture from the TVM lot, is that a black XX on the right? Running a 2 x 1 exhaust? More pictures?

manson.
Hey manson,

It seems like a CBR 600 F to me, I may be wrong though.
Old 30th June 2009, 04:44   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
think this is s6's friend's bike which was up for sale in the team-bhp classifieds. good price the person got it for.
Just asking out of curiosity - what was the price it went for?
Would also love to know the going rate for the 2009 models of the Yam YZF-R6 models.
Thanks in advance.
Old 30th June 2009, 06:15   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did not take pics as was too spell bound by the bike

Cheers
I have a lot of pics of that bike. You live in IC colony?

He's even got a race stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
Ya, its the same bike. Its actually 8.60L.

Quote:
That is the same R1 which was on sale in the classifieds section till a while ago, currently with its fourth owner already!

manson.
This is the third owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintan15 View Post
Hey manson,

It seems like a CBR 600 F to me, I may be wrong though.
Its a '00 CBR 600 F4.

Last edited by straight6 : 30th June 2009 at 06:16.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:56   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I have a lot of pics of that bike. You live in IC colony?

He's even got a race stand.

Ya, its the same bike. Its actually 8.60L.

This is the third owner.

Its a '00 CBR 600 F4.
Heck yeah! I stay at IC Colony and yes he's even got a paddock stand, even the pegs for it are golden

The guy got it for 8.5L but he said that the owner was ready to give it in stock state for 7L its because of these aftermarket parts that the price went up. Also he's got all the original parts, so thats nice. He's also got a Puig screen.

BTW, do you stay close by? And how are you so well connected with these imports? :-)

Is the bike official? I mean the one sold by Yamaha in India or was the guy bluffing.

Cheers

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 30th June 2009 at 10:59.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:08   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heck yeah! I stay at IC Colony and yes he's even got a paddock stand, even the pegs for it are golden

The guy got it for 8.5L but he said that the owner was ready to give it in stock state for 7L its because of these aftermarket parts that the price went up. Also he's got all the original parts, so thats nice. He's also got a Puig screen.

BTW, do you stay close by? And how are you so well connected with these imports? :-)

Is the bike official? I mean the one sold by Yamaha in India or was the guy bluffing.

Cheers
My friend was ready to give it for 8L stock and not 7. Yes, that is an official R1 bought from Delhi Scooters showroom.

I had got the gold swingarm spools for the bike. The ones bought from the showroom were of aluminium finish. All 4 headlights are HID's if you didn't notice. Its a sight at night.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:45   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Well, it looks like the DRI has finally paused to take a breath.

Saw a ZX14R on NDA road on Sunday. A Honda CBR and an R1 near Aundh. Nice to see the bikes coming out of the hiding places. Couldnt get pics as I was tailing the bikes enjoying the sound.
Old 1st July 2009, 15:19   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend was ready to give it for 8L stock and not 7. Yes, that is an official R1 bought from Delhi Scooters showroom.

I had got the gold swingarm spools for the bike. The ones bought from the showroom were of aluminium finish. All 4 headlights are HID's if you didn't notice. Its a sight at night.
Those 4 HID's were a sight during the day as well!
So thats what a official R1 will fetch when sold. That bodes well for guys like me, mebbe I can realistically think of buying a 2-3 year old R1 for around 6.5L.

Which part of Bombay are you from?

Cheers
Old 1st July 2009, 21:33   #1646
BHPian

If this is a Plasma Blue ZX14, I have seen this near Koregaon Park. Doesn't have too many add-ons and goes away rather quietly. But that plasma blue looks amazing on this god of a biker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Well, it looks like the DRI has finally paused to take a breath.

Saw a ZX14R on NDA road on Sunday. A Honda CBR and an R1 near Aundh. Nice to see the bikes coming out of the hiding places. Couldnt get pics as I was tailing the bikes enjoying the sound.
Old 1st July 2009, 21:46   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
If this is a Plasma Blue ZX14, I have seen this near Koregaon Park. Doesn't have too many add-ons and goes away rather quietly. But that plasma blue looks amazing on this god of a biker.
Yeah it was a blue ZX 14-R. Very unusual color shade, subtle and yet very nice.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:03   #1648
Team-BHP Support

There is a blue zx-14 in the group, that is one snazzy looking bike. Only if the owner had some matching gear!

Quote:

This is the third owner.
Just for the sake of clarification, the current owner bought it from your friend, your friend bought it from his cousin who had bought it from the original owner. Do the math.

manson.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:12   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just for the sake of clarification, the current owner bought it from your friend, your friend bought it from his cousin who had bought it from the original owner. Do the math.

manson.
My friends cousin was only on the RC book. He never really owned the bike as my friend had initially not told anyone at home he's buying it so the cousin agreed to have it transferred to his name since the surname is the same.

So, the second owner (cousin) probably just went for a small spin before the bike came to Bombay. He didn't pay a buck for the bike .

Last edited by straight6 : 2nd July 2009 at 13:13.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:19   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
The blue really looks cool on the 14R, however with the monster energy decals, it doesnt really go well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks