Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 11:54   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
It indeed was me and a few of my friends the other night at Marine Drive. Why didn't you stop over? Whose S.D. though?

manson.
I thought it looked like you was not sure. You must have seen a white BMW 3 series pass by. My friend was with me and you know how it is with women. Next time your in town at night give me a shout and i shall be there.

S.D. is Sidharth. Daftary. He used to have a 929 and used to ride regularly.

Last edited by speedy : 26th October 2009 at 11:56.
Old 26th October 2009, 18:48   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Funny . Tomorrow they may think they own the roads & do not have to follow any traffic rules, just because they ride SBKs. It is such idiots with no respect to laws / other road users who bring a bad name to bikers. The police should immediately seize such vehicles & slap a heavy penalty. ( the yellow ATV in the picture can never come on a public road , it is not designed for that )
Sorry Dude. Its a mistake on my part. They did have plates, just not visible in the pics. No offence to the riders though, they do a great job, though I have seen many SBK riders without helmets, or any protective gear at all.
Old 26th October 2009, 19:33   #1743
Senior - BHPian

The Busa seems to have a single custom Exhaust & no rear indicators.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:07   #1744
BHPian

Dunno why but I am suddenly not that interested anymore on the Busa.
Can anyone spot a rear disc brake on it?
Old 26th October 2009, 21:27   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Had been to Palace grounds, Bangalore for the "Octoberfest".
It was great fun, but not as much as this when I was coming back. Spotted near Sigma Mall.
I Just love that R1 bro...
today evening i have spotted an R1 in blue and bhusa in golden..The R1 guy was Ripping it making it roar but he was without helmet.

I just don't understand if one can't afford to buy a helmet then why do they own SBK's. On second thoughts may be he wants to show off "See i am on a SBK"
Old 26th October 2009, 23:03   #1746
BHPian

OT

@ syedhafeez : that is exactly the point I'm trying to make here. If you ain't gonna live long then whats the show off for? And even if you don't live long, die with grace and not like a street side bugger. Well, even the police in our country can't say anything to a superbike rider (read loads of moolah as bank balance and 99.99% of the times its black) so...
Old 27th October 2009, 18:24   #1747
Team-BHP Support

A KA registered Blackbird I had spotted a couple of months back. This one seemed to be a late 90s carb version.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-30082009002-edit.jpg  

Old 27th October 2009, 19:47   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, I love this bike. I dont understand the love of floaters though. In Bangalore every second biker wears floaters and rides.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:26   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Oh man, I love this bike. I dont understand the love of floaters though. In Bangalore every second biker wears floaters and rides.
To be honest, anything other than riding boots is as bad as floaters or chappals.

I crashed on Sunday morning wearing adidas shoes and they were destroyed. I have a hairline fracture and some bruising just above my left ankle.

If I was wearing my Sidi's, this wouldn't have happened.
Old 28th October 2009, 18:45   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
To be honest, anything other than riding boots is as bad as floaters or chappals.

I crashed on Sunday morning wearing adidas shoes and they were destroyed. I have a hairline fracture and some bruising just above my left ankle.

I cannot stress enough on what straight6 pointed out. Gear is more important then the bike. One someone who's been down will know the pain.
Old 28th October 2009, 18:53   #1751
Senior - BHPian

^+1 to what you just said.
i had a side crash with a qualis and my riding boots took all the impact and ripped off all the plastic cladding of the qualis.and even then the boots were not damaged.i couldn't walk for a month due to a sprained ankle but still it saved my ankle from being shattered.

Also due to the thickness of the boot it also protected the gilles rear sets on the bike.that would have been quite a hit on the pocket had they been damaged.lol.
Old 28th October 2009, 20:17   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

Oye, thats sad to know bro. Get well soon.
I agree that good gear is a must.(though I am still to get myself a Jacket)
Old 28th October 2009, 21:45   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Tough one, straight6. Hope you recover soon.
One of the 1st things we are told to have when getting the MSF ( motorcycle safety foundation) course, is to always ride with shoes that have proper ankle protection. I've tried riding with sneakers once/twice, but never really liked it and decided to wear my boots no matter how short a ride.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:41   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Oh Thats bad to know, btw how did it happen? Get well soon man.

Any damages to bike?
Old 29th October 2009, 14:18   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Oye, thats sad to know bro. Get well soon.
I agree that good gear is a must.(though I am still to get myself a Jacket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Tough one, straight6. Hope you recover soon.
One of the 1st things we are told to have when getting the MSF ( motorcycle safety foundation) course, is to always ride with shoes that have proper ankle protection. I've tried riding with sneakers once/twice, but never really liked it and decided to wear my boots no matter how short a ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oh Thats bad to know, btw how did it happen? Get well soon man.

Any damages to bike?
Thanks guys.

I was doing around 60-70 km/h and saw this Coca-Cola truck on the left side of the road ahead. There was enough space for another truck to overtake him but, he suddenly came to the extreme right and I had no option but to brake hard as there was no place for even my RX to go through. Theres usually a bit of gravel very close to the divider and so the front wheel locked and I crashed on the divider.

The bike is damamged quite badly. I think the rear tyre of the truck went over the rear wheel of my bike. The bike needs new rear drum, rear rim/spokes, handlebar, rear fender, chain cover and maybe some more when the mech checks it. Will post pics soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks