Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 15:10   #886

@ Straight 6 : My budget depends. But the most ideal would be 3L. Since this would be my first SBK, I dont want to spend too much that I cannot afford to have an upgrade later. And if the paper work is clean, then its worth the deal. ZX-6R,CBR 600, Honda Hornet, FZ6, Gixer....this would be the ideal list.
Old 18th September 2008, 16:46   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Straight6,

Do you know anyone who can source metzelers for me . I will need my rear changed in a month or two.

Vijay
Are you looking for the Roadtec Z6 or the Sportec M3? 120/70 and 180/55 right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution 1 View Post
@ Straight 6 : My budget depends. But the most ideal would be 3L. Since this would be my first SBK, I dont want to spend too much that I cannot afford to have an upgrade later. And if the paper work is clean, then its worth the deal. ZX-6R,CBR 600, Honda Hornet, FZ6, Gixer....this would be the ideal list.
I know of a nice '98 gixxer 600 with clean papers and its supposed to be with its second owner right now. its in Bombay and an MH-02 reg. You should be able to pick that up for 3.5L.

Last edited by straight6 : 18th September 2008 at 16:54.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:03   #888
BHPian

Straight6,

I currently have Sportec m1 on the bike. Am looking only for the rears as fronts look good for another year. 180/55 it is ..

Do you know what the price is for a sportec set / seperates?

Vijay
Old 18th September 2008, 17:17   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Straight6,

I currently have Sportec m1 on the bike. Am looking only for the rears as fronts look good for another year. 180/55 it is ..

Do you know what the price is for a sportec set / seperates?

Vijay
I don't know if they sell separates. They should. There is a dealer here in Bombay that sells tyres. Manson had bought his tyres from him. I think it should be around 8-9K.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:31   #890

@ Straight 6 : Thanks for the quick reply. Now let me trust you on this... Since you say it is a nice one, I believe I can it take it for granted that its engine is in pretty good shape and that you mean its worth the deal for that amount. Isn't it ? Do let me know
Old 18th September 2008, 17:46   #891
BHPian

That is not a bad price at all.. They sell for over 180$ in the US. Can you please send me the contacts?

Vijay
Old 18th September 2008, 17:49   #892

@ Straight 6 : Would it be possible for you to get me the pics and details of this bike ? What colour is it by the way ?
Old 18th September 2008, 17:55   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is not a bad price at all.. They sell for over 180$ in the US. Can you please send me the contacts?

Vijay
Manson should be able to give you that guys contact. He may not have this particular brand though.

P.S. - Do you have a sound clip of the Hornet on youtube?
Old 18th September 2008, 20:22   #894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I don't know if they sell separates. They should. There is a dealer here in Bombay that sells tyres. Manson had bought his tyres from him. I think it should be around 8-9K.
Kunal, the Metzelers are going to be considerably more expensive than 8-9K for a rear. Thats the price for the Michelin/bridgestone/dunlop rubber.

Prabhu, i had picked up a set last year for the Ace for 15K, BT - 020, for the rear alone you are looking at some 8-9K that i mentioned above.

For the metzelers, i think poncho, or killer should be able to hook you up with a dealer down south. Killer was using mets on his R1 a while ago.

manson.
Old 18th September 2008, 20:30   #895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Straight 6, Mason ...and everybody else... I am looking for a Kwacker ZX-6R or a CBR 600 used but in decent engine condition. Would like to know the pricing....etc etc etc.... Hope to c you guys respod like always.
Revo, i suggest you jump the budget to 3.5-3.75, that would set you up for a nice mid or late 90's 600/750. Jumping the budget by 50K in the entry level space will surprised you with how many more options you have.
While getting yourself a sbk, spend all that you can, and try avoiding to save money.
These are long term assets, they do not sell overnight, so a few extra grand would probably get you a cleaner bike with better papers than you having saved money and ending up at your local mech to sort out wiring issues every other weekend.

A clean cbr 600 f3, say 97 spec around the 3.5L mark should be your best bet, they were virtually trouble free, comfortable, smooth, were not a handful through the traffic, and spares are available pretty much all over.

manson.
Old 18th September 2008, 20:49   #896

@ mason :- I do agree. Then maybe I will have to wait for a few more months. I dont want to go for a complete loan you know. I want to pay ready cash as much as possible and may be take a little portion of loan.

Meanwhile, if in case, if at all I get lucky, and you people come across something do let me know. I am sure you guys would know this better.

The only reason I kept a tab on 3L is becoz, since there is a lot of SBKs' to be released, I thought its good that I try getting that cheap. Coz if its about stretching a little bit more, may be, for e.g., KTM duke might be available for 6.5 lakhs which would be brand new. But then, I should get lucky for these figures
Old 19th September 2008, 00:20   #897
Team-BHP Support

From what i have figured being around the sbk scene, 3L isnt a sufficient budget for a clean, not too old 600, 3.5 is what will get you one, so ideally i'd try and have a tab of 3.75 instead keeping my option open to something exceptionally clean.
And, have a slightly higher budget than the requirement even aids negotiating the price, esecially if you are buying from someone who likes to swap bikes regularly.

manson.
Old 19th September 2008, 02:02   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Manson should be able to give you that guys contact. He may not have this particular brand though.

P.S. - Do you have a sound clip of the Hornet on Youtube?
i havent yet got one.. Will do that this weekend.
Old 19th September 2008, 05:34   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Straight 6 : Thanks for the quick reply. Now let me trust you on this... Since you say it is a nice one, I believe I can it take it for granted that its engine is in pretty good shape and that you mean its worth the deal for that amount. Isn't it ? Do let me know
Quote:
@ Straight 6 : Would it be possible for you to get me the pics and details of this bike ? What colour is it by the way ?
According to my friend who is a colleague of the owner, the bike is with its second parsi owner and they are both around their 50's. In the last 6 years the bike has been with those two. He says, the bike has 3.5L of duty paid. The owner is asking for 4L but he should give it for around 3.5L if you are really serious.

I have seen the picture of the bike on my friends phone. I intend to go and see that bike personally sometime soon. Here's a picture I took off the net. Its identical to this except, its got a Yoshimura exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-2008_07_14_bikepics1352577800.jpg  

Last edited by straight6 : 19th September 2008 at 05:36.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:05   #900
BHPian

Sorry for being slightly off-topic.Just a quick one.Now that we are discussing about these bikes coming in India from all over, just got this thought in my mind,the instrument console on these bikes would be in Mph right?

I remember reading this somewhere that in all the new bikes with the digital screen, all one has to do is to put a different chip and one can also get put on sticker's for the analogue console bikes.Is that how it is?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks