Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2008, 17:34   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Cool man,hope i get a chance to look in person..how much is it costing???
He bought it for 7.75.
Old 29th August 2008, 17:49   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
2007 Raven R1 and R6.

Very very sexy. Dumb question: what is Raven?
Old 29th August 2008, 18:20   #798
Senior - BHPian

pic of a yamaha fazer !!
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-fazer.jpg  

Old 29th August 2008, 19:07   #799
Team-BHP Support

That red busa looks awesome in daylight, an absolute steal at 7.75 if is genuinely *brand new 07*

manson.
Old 29th August 2008, 21:23   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
That red busa looks awesome in daylight, an absolute steal at 7.75 if is genuinely *brand new 07*

manson.
you stole my words Manson. i thought the busa's were more expensive, in the 10 plus bracket. what would be the price for a 08 busa? i am guessing in the 9.5 to 10.5 range.
Old 29th August 2008, 21:46   #801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
you stole my words Manson. i thought the busa's were more expensive, in the 10 plus bracket. what would be the price for a 08 busa? i am guessing in the 9.5 to 10.5 range.
Speedy, the catch is 'baggage' bike, hardly any duty & road tax. The gray market prices for a current year busa are around 9-10L odd, depending on sources. 2L cheaper for a new, previous spec Busa is quite a nice deal, maybe i'm just being a little partial to the candy red paint scheme.

manson.
Old 29th August 2008, 23:49   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Very very sexy. Dumb question: what is Raven?
Raven = Black.

Quote:

manson.
Yes, it was a 0 km bike. I rode it 2 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It was a "leftover" from last year, hence the price. The dealers abroad also want to get rid of them asap so they give it at a much cheaper price.
Old 30th August 2008, 00:23   #803
BHPian

over here in saudi they sold a 05 brand new busa for 30k SR about 3.5 lakh rs
it had a custom made flame job on the whole bike as well
Old 30th August 2008, 10:54   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Raven = Black.
straight6: Ah- I thought it was some brand.
Old 30th August 2008, 12:01   #805
BHPian

Fazer looks mean without the front fairing and just the small headlight.
Yamaha should think about bringing it in.
Old 30th August 2008, 12:06   #806
BHPian

Even i spotted the R1's at the showroom day before.Also saw a MT-01.However went there yesterday and saw only one R15,are they really planning to make this a outlet for the imports too?
Old 31st August 2008, 00:04   #807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes, it was a 0 km bike. I rode it 2 kms.
I would not completely believe the odo reading, putting new meters/dials on slightly used bikes is a common practice, and i have seen brand new bikes running without a functional odo, so that the bike can be sold as brand new.

Nice new avatar though.

manson.
Old 31st August 2008, 00:15   #808
Senior - BHPian

Well speaking of none working speedos,there was a busa in dehradun with a none working speedo.it stated 11k kms only.and the condition the bike was in.well less said the better.The owner got it from mumbai.we opened her up for inspection at my place.well it had cheap bodywork.i mean the whole bodywork wasn't original.a front fork was leaking.the discs were all loose at the joints.i mean we have floating discs right.so the points at which the discs float (can't recall a technical name) were all loose.
Then I rode her.Hell it was going like those trucks you see on the highways with a bent chassis.the rear wheel was on one side and the front wanted to go another.

there were so many flaws that i cannot recall.the bike was sold off to someone soon.have lost track of it now.
but the point is that these people can make a fool out of people who're not too much into superbike technicalities.
though not speaking about the Red busa in question above.Busa's and R1's are so common and so much in demand that one needs to be very careful while buying one.
Old 31st August 2008, 04:08   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well speaking of none working speedos,there was a busa in dehradun with a none working speedo.it stated 11k kms only.and the condition the bike was in.well less said the better.The owner got it from mumbai.we opened her up for inspection at my place.well it had cheap bodywork.i mean the whole bodywork wasn't original.a front fork was leaking.the discs were all loose at the joints.i mean we have floating discs right.so the points at which the discs float (can't recall a technical name) were all loose.
Then I rode her.Hell it was going like those trucks you see on the highways with a bent chassis.the rear wheel was on one side and the front wanted to go another.

there were so many flaws that i cannot recall.the bike was sold off to someone soon.have lost track of it now.
but the point is that these people can make a fool out of people who're not too much into superbike technicalities.
though not speaking about the Red busa in question above.Busa's and R1's are so common and so much in demand that one needs to be very careful while buying one.
I think I know from which dealer the guy must have bought this Busa. The loose parts is not new to me. If you tell me the registration and colour, I'll tell you for sure where the bike was bought from. Was it MH-06?

Two other bikes from this dealer had loose parts that I know of. I'm sure there would be many that we don't know about and have not seen. The thing is, they assemble so many bikes in a day that the last few in the day will suffer from this for sure.

Quote:
I would not completely believe the odo reading, putting new meters/dials on slightly used bikes is a common practice, and i have seen brand new bikes running without a functional odo, so that the bike can be sold as brand new.

Nice new avatar though.

manson.
Oh, of course the cable was disconnected. The owner knew about it though.
Old 31st August 2008, 08:51   #810
Senior - BHPian

i don't remember the exact registration but it was a blue and silver colour combo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks