Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 15:51   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
What a beautiful colour. I've always been partial to this type of Mediterranean electric blue. And coupled with Two Bros.' loud exhausts, she must be something to behold.
Hear it for yourself .

Here's the Boulevard.

Old 14th March 2008, 16:07   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a beautiful colour. I've always been partial to this type of Mediterranean electric blue. And coupled with Two Bros.' loud exhausts, she must be something to behold.
Friend of mine with a Kwacker 14R says he'd prefer to sell her and get himself a litre bike that are apparently easier to ride hard and throw into corners.
He even said couple of 600s were running circles round him on the track!
Irony.
Here's some more for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00413.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00235.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00234.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00236.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00420.jpg  

Last edited by straight6 : 14th March 2008 at 16:10.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2008, 16:21   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Here's some more for you.
Oh, gosh- I'm in love. Thanks for the pictures. I shan't sleep tonight.
LOOOOOVE the Muzzy Kwacker. What became of Muzzy Kawasaki that used to dominate racing some years ago? And Fast by Ferracci? I believe even Vance & Hines fielded their own bikes.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:34   #259
BHPian

Quote:

Straight6 GORGEOUS. Thanks for that. The Two Bros sounds a lot like the shotgun silencer on my friend's GSXR. I wish he'd revved her though, but if he's like me, I never rev the bike till she hits operating temperature.

Mods: please combine this with my previous response as I hadn't seen this posting when mine crossed the wire.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:43   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Straight6 GORGEOUS. Thanks for that. The Two Bros sounds a lot like the shotgun silencer on my friend's GSXR. I wish he'd revved her though, but if he's like me, I never rev the bike till she hits operating temperature.

Mods: please combine this with my previous response as I hadn't seen this posting when mine crossed the wire.
It was me revving the bike, It was the first startup in the morning and hence I didnt rev it but you can see how it sounds even below 1/4th of the revs. Its absolute music. There is no doubt about which exhaust I'm going to install on my 600 when I get it. Trust me, this video does no justice to how it sounds actually. It was taken with my cell phone.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:46   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOOOOOVE the Muzzy Kwacker. What became of Muzzy Kawasaki that used to dominate racing some years ago? And Fast by Ferracci? I believe even Vance & Hines fielded their own bikes.
Here's a picture of my first 600 with the Vance & Hines drag exhaust. This was one hell of a loud exhaust. I had to be very careful when I saw cops around.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-recovered_jpeg_106.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2008, 16:49   #262
BHPian

Quote:
It was me revving the bike, It was the first startup in the morning and hence I didnt rev it but you can see how it sounds even below 1/4th of the revs. Its absolute music. There is no doubt about which exhaust I'm going to install on my 600 when I get it. Trust me, this video does no justice to how it sounds actually. It was taken with my cell phone.
I believe you, Sir. She showed me which symphony she was going to break into. I'm going to come to you with a plea to source me my next set of wheels IF and WHEN I can afford them post the sale of my Blade. You seem to know all the right people
For now I'm simply 'blue'.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:55   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more that I have ridden.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-04122006002.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00380.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00381.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00382.jpg  

Old 14th March 2008, 17:00   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Here's a picture of my first 600 with the Vance & Hines drag exhaust. This was one hell of a loud exhaust. I had to be very careful when I saw cops around.
That's what I'd call divine. Would make a good centrefold. Was it a mid-90s model? I've never owned or ridden a 600. My first and only SBK is my current 99 Blade 919 that I need to sell. Perhaps -if it's ordained from up above- I shall be lucky enough to manage the monies for another bike a ways down the road. I have my heart set on one of the new Suzys (that rev to 16K), but I could be swayed by a Ducati. Oh boy, can I.

I have ridden- like a NUN as it didn't belong to me- a Ducati 600 Monster, and I must say the inline Jap 4s appeal more- I love the way they rev.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:00   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe you, Sir. She showed me which symphony she was going to break into. I'm going to come to you with a plea to source me my next set of wheels IF and WHEN I can afford them post the sale of my Blade. You seem to know all the right people
For now I'm simply 'blue'.
Which bike are you planning for next? Whatever you get, I can get you a shorty from two bros for it. They dont make them for any other bike than the '99-'07 busa but I have a friend in the US who has contacts in the company and he can get me a customized shorty pipe for any bike he said. Thats exactly what I'm going to do when I get my bike. It takes 3 weeks to make one but I dont care, I'll wait!!
Old 14th March 2008, 17:05   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's what I'd call divine. Would make a good centrefold. Was it a mid-90s model? I've never owned or ridden a 600. My first and only SBK is my current 99 Blade 919 that I need to sell. Perhaps -if it's ordained from up above- I shall be lucky enough to manage the monies for another bike a ways down the road. I have my heart set on one of the new Suzys (that rev to 16K), but I could be swayed by a Ducati. Oh boy, can I.

I have ridden- like a NUN as it didn't belong to me- a Ducati 600 Monster, and I must say the inline Jap 4s appeal more- I love the way they rev.
My bike was an '88 Hurricane. I would suggest you stay away from the Italian stuff. They are senslessly expensive and parts are expensive and difficult to get too. Besides, I hate the sound of fast revving V-Twins. I much prefer the inline 4's or even the 3's. Nothing can beat Japanese reliability, especially HONDA! I'm sure you've found that out by now.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:13   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Some more that I have ridden.
Boy, you've been around. Those are real sexy wheels especially the Maroon GSXR. Is she a 1000?

Here's mine...Yosh carbon fibre, K&N Filter and Stage II jets. Goes like Hell and sounds like Armageddon's round the `corner
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-raj_fblade3_.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2542.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2546.jpg  

Old 14th March 2008, 17:17   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boy, you've been around. Those are real sexy wheels especially the Maroon GSXR. Is she a 1000?

Here's mine...Yosh carbon fibre, K&N Filter and Stage II jets. Goes like Hell and sounds like Armageddon's round the `corner
Aha! I have seen this bike and you before . I think you also put an ad on Xbhp, right?

Yes, that is the gixxer 1000 with a two bros pipe! I'm a total Honda fan and would never buy any other brand. I just love how smooth and rider friendly they are.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:23   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Which bike are you planning for next? Whatever you get, I can get you a shorty from two bros for it. They dont make them for any other bike than the '99-'07 busa but I have a friend in the US who has contacts in the company and he can get me a customized shorty pipe for any bike he said. Thats exactly what I'm going to do when I get my bike. It takes 3 weeks to make one but I dont care, I'll wait!!
V kind of you, Sir. Shall take you up on the offer when I have my next hot-n-throbbin.

Quote:
My bike was an '88 Hurricane. I would suggest you stay away from the Italian stuff. They are senslessly expensive and parts are expensive and difficult to get too. Besides, I hate the sound of fast revving V-Twins. I much prefer the inline 4's or even the 3's. Nothing can beat Japanese reliability, especially HONDA! I'm sure you've found that out by now.
Italian: true. I'd begun to sense exactly that. And the Indian market is a wise barometer. If you go by the poor resale value/equity the Pasta-Machines command, there must be something wrong somewhere. We Desis have an instinct I believe.

The Honda is darned reliable and has NEVER let me down in 2 years of daily riding. She fires up first 'half' crank and not a grouse or hiccup out of her. Not even a grumble ever. She's due for new brake pads and I've imported a set from the US, so shall have them installed this Sat. Looking forward to crisp braking once more. The front tyre is shot but I can't afford a new one right now. Maybe April will be more kind to a Blade and her love.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:29   #270
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, that 130/90 up front isnt easy to get either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks