Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 17:39   #271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
She's due for new brake pads and I've imported a set from the US, so shall have them installed this Sat. Looking forward to crisp braking once more.
Take it easy for a few hundred kms, and avoid highway rides. The new pads will ideally take 200-300 kms of city (read stop &go) riding to gel with the old rotors.

manson.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:43   #272
Senior - BHPian

Nice bikes. But why are such lovely machines parked in place with so much dust and dirt? (post 258 ; pic 2)
Old 14th March 2008, 18:32   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Aha! I have seen this bike and you before . I think you also put an ad on Xbhp, right?

Yes, that is the gixxer 1000 with a two bros pipe! I'm a total Honda fan and would never buy any other brand. I just love how smooth and rider friendly they are.
Dead on. XBHP. Craigslist.

I would agree completely. The Japs have mastered the art of designing and manufacturing real world machines. Take Toyota and Honda cars for instance. I've friends who've owned them for years- one for 16- and not faced a single glitch. The Yanks by comparison are flush with hype and hot air, and little substance.

Quote:
Hmm, that 130/90 up front isnt easy to get either.
Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Take it easy for a few hundred kms, and avoid highway rides. The new pads will ideally take 200-300 kms of city (read stop &go) riding to gel with the old rotors.

manson.
Thanks Manson. Didn't occur to me, and I was planning to hit the highway with my gang of Hell's Angels just the day after fitting them.
Old 14th March 2008, 20:48   #274
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics! Loved everyone of them!

Boy..the pic of the CBR600F makes the bike look huge! I've been around some of these,and I didn't feel they were that huge. I say this,as I'm looking at a few bikes,and one of them happens to be a CBR600F. I haven't seen the bike in person,but if its gonna be bulky,I might have to reconsider it.

{ given that I'm 5'7", and weigh in at 165lbs. On the atheletic side,and hope to improve in the future }.
Old 14th March 2008, 21:40   #275
Senior - BHPian

one of the many GSXs spotted !!
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-bike-1060.jpg  

Old 14th March 2008, 22:19   #276
BANNED

straight 6 if i m not wrong i have seen the 929 with shailesh and its ka reg
Old 14th March 2008, 23:10   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Thanks Manson. Didn't occur to me, and I was planning to hit the highway with my gang of Hell's Angels just the day after fitting them.
Very good point there manson!

Netchef, see my point on "green brake fade" here >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post629971

and then google it for more info!

cya
R

EDIT : Ah, here is the first time i heard about green fade myself - from Rtech. Follow the link in his post >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...html#post18162

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2008 at 23:17.
Old 14th March 2008, 23:22   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Here's some more for you.
Oh that blue ZX10R is the most EVIL generation of ZX10's they detuned the next gen to go easy on throttle control. I LOVE THIS MOTORCYCLEEE!
Old 15th March 2008, 00:16   #279
Team-BHP Support

Highway, the blue one is a 2005 spec.
The 2004 ten was supposed to be the 'baddest' liter ever, first gear redlined at a 168 kmph!!
All said and done, this blue zx 10 was of the best machines around in bombay, too bad i didn't have the moolah.

manson.
Old 15th March 2008, 19:53   #280
Team-BHP Support

straight6, have you heard a black busa with twin devil cans, it was there for one of the rides. Now that was definitely music. It was surely loud, but maintained a rhythm as the revvs rose.
Infact it sounded brilliant even when the guy revved in neutral. Surely the best sounding bike i've heard.

manson.
Old 15th March 2008, 21:32   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
straight6, have you heard a black busa with twin devil cans, it was there for one of the rides. Now that was definitely music. It was surely loud, but maintained a rhythm as the revvs rose.
Infact it sounded brilliant even when the guy revved in neutral. Surely the best sounding bike i've heard.

manson.
The bike you're talking about belongs to Jimmy Mistry. It was there at the Auto Expo at BKC. Maybe he sold it now. Devil pipes have always been pretty loud and nice. The only 'European' brand of exhaust that is worth buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Oh that blue ZX10R is the most EVIL generation of ZX10's they detuned the next gen to go easy on throttle control. I LOVE THIS MOTORCYCLEEE!
I have to say its one of the most uncomfortable bikes I ever sat on. But damn that Muzzy was one fine pipe!

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2008 at 23:19.
Old 15th March 2008, 21:36   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice bikes. But why are such lovely machines parked in place with so much dust and dirt? (post 258 ; pic 2)
In fact, the gixxer and the 929 were about to get a wash & polishing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
straight 6 if i m not wrong i have seen the 929 with shailesh and its ka reg
Now its re-registered to MH-02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Amazing pics! Loved everyone of them!

Boy..the pic of the CBR600F makes the bike look huge! I've been around some of these,and I didn't feel they were that huge. I say this,as I'm looking at a few bikes,and one of them happens to be a CBR600F. I haven't seen the bike in person,but if its gonna be bulky,I might have to reconsider it.

{ given that I'm 5'7", and weigh in at 165lbs. On the atheletic side,and hope to improve in the future }.
Nitin, which 600 are you talking about? Believe it or not, the older 600(mine) is sleeker and also feels less bulky when you sit on it compared to the new ones (F4i's). Of course, the new ones are still lighter. Trust me even those 20 year old bikes are so well balanced that you will hardly feel the weight once you start off.

5'7" is pretty decent. I know a guy who is around 5'5" and rides a GSX 1400. His feet hardly touch the ground .

Note from Mod - Please use the "Multi-Quote" feature (see FAQ for details), or the EDIT button to add to your original post within 20mins of posting as opposed to posting several posts back to back. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2008 at 23:25. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:13   #283
Senior - BHPian

Here's something Manson wanted you guys to see. The Honda Varadero. Quite rare in these parts actually. I've seen a couple of Africa Twins & Super Tenere's earlier. This is a first for me.

The couple seem to be wearing flip up helmets and this stretch seems to be just after sion while going towards chembur. Nice Shoei sling bag too.

P.S. - Manson, the first pic showed up as a red 'X' in my email and didnt open.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dscn27021.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dscn27041.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2008, 23:00   #284
Senior - BHPian

Thanks straight for that pic . Rare to see a dual purpose in jungle of sbks .
Old 15th March 2008, 23:15   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The bike you're talking about belongs to Jimmy Mistry. It was there at the Auto Expo at BKC. Maybe he sold it now. Devil pipes have always been pretty loud and nice. The only 'European' brand of exhaust that is worth buying.
Thin, slightly short man? If so, then he must've sold it, remember him saying he wanted to trade it for a 08 busa.
Yup, Devil and D&D are known to be nice and loud, but this was certainly a few shades better than the best i had heard.
Had heard a Yoshi and a devil endcan on differen occasions on the same bike, a certain yellow & purple cbr 600 f3, the devil was so much deeper.
Heck, my Ace runs a Devil too

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks