Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 12:22   #211
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
I am moved with a bloodrush and hair standing on end and the thrill of adrenaline pumping 200PSI every time I see one of these new beauties...AND especially when I hear one on full honk. It's an ecstasy that's part induced by the tech and part by the special effects of racing exhausts churning out symphonies at 16K RPM. One in the hands of a capable rider is a joy to watch...a vicarious pleasure.
You said it!!! I often change gears in my VFR @ around 11000 rpm as I go through first, second and third, and what an induction howl that V4 makes. Also the sheer torque and pull of the machine blows you away. The other day I rode a friend's new R1 and came away dumbfounded. The beast is like a tightly wound spring simply waiting to erupt. Its almost ferocious in its acceleration, and the sound it makes after 6500 rpm wow! Sometimes its just a few bursts of such a pull that makes the whole ride a deep pleasure. I have friends with practically all the other makes and what a noise they make on full chat. Never a dull moment!!
Old 7th March 2008, 20:32   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
sbk in india is now an old thing every tom dick & harry has a sbk

every other kid on the block has one so

my personal view - sbk not interseting any more

no offence to any one
its true every tom dick and harry has these bikes, but we still dont have many tom dick and harry's in india yet
Old 7th March 2008, 20:40   #213
Senior - BHPian

very well said,DKG & Netchef.
I haven't been on an SBK.Infact I sat on a bike after ages,when I went for the MSF course.
There was a guy with a Gixxer 1000,and oh boy! The sound of the engine makes your soul stir ! Its gotta be an experience out of this world to be on a bike like that.
Old 7th March 2008, 20:58   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sbk in india is now an old thing every tom dick & harry has a sbk

every other kid on the block has one so

no offence to any one
You sound like someone who would buy one of these just to 'show off' and not for the pleasure of riding one. A person who really 'loves' bikes will not care what and for how long he is riding it or how many other guys have something like it.

I have seen a lot of SBK riders who just want 'attention'. You will usually spot them easily in a group because they are revving the engine for no reason most of the time.
Old 8th March 2008, 01:28   #215
BHPian

Quote:
sbk in india is now an old thing every tom dick & harry has a sbk every other kid on the block has one so
no offence to any one
Dont know about Dick and Harry! I dont have one !

@straight6..
I second that... well said.. i was crazy about bikes and later planned to upgrade to cars... but rode a Suzuki SV650 and i m in love again!
Now i really want one!

@alias...
no offense to u too...
Old 8th March 2008, 14:00   #216
Team-BHP Support

Alias, the oomph factor that these machines had maybe a year or two ago may be not all that great today.
But, to someone whose even mildly appreciative of what these machines are capable of, there is really no end. Dhoom came, and everyone wanted a big bike, infact even my little craving developed into a desire around the same time.
What you're forgetting is that keen bikers have always been familiar with these machines, very unlike the newer younger, rather newer breed who just want a biggie to be the cool guy around the block.

Like netchef & dkg said, almost everything related to these machines is orgasmic, start one up in your garage and everything around you comes alive. I haven't been riding much lately, but just a few days back i took my almost 10 year old motorcycle for a spin around the block, and whacked it open, yes whacked it right till the mid thirs gear.
A friend wanted to see what the bike is capable of, and sure found out riding pillion.

Butttt, everything thats fun, is at the same time always prone to damages. Be careful while you ride, keep an eye on the mirrors, on the road, maybe the skies too, never know whats gonna hit you, and how.

manson.
Old 9th March 2008, 00:06   #217
BHPian

An sbk is like a sexy woman. You need skill and ability to ride one .. well.

There are enough people who have one to show off. Appreciate one well , , treat with respect and learn to ride one well and you will enjoy.

This applies to both the woman and the bike ;-)
Old 10th March 2008, 15:40   #218
BHPian

[quote=TomRider;750535]Dont know about Dick and Harry! I dont have one !

ha ha.
Having been a biker and ridden all sorts of machines that included a 1941 Triumph 350 OHV single, a Fury, a Hero Puch, a Vijai scooter, an LML scooter, and then having graduated to cars, I went full circle and got my first and only SBK at 41. I've never been more challenged, had more fun, got more scares, been more proud, pushed the edges of my capability envelope more, been as shaken by the capital expense, been so envied (in my circle), talked so much about my wheels, had so many intrigued...

GET YOURS NOW!!
Old 10th March 2008, 19:55   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
.....I've never been more challenged, had more fun, got more scares, been more proud, pushed the edges of my capability envelope more, been as shaken by the capital expense, been so envied (in my circle), talked so much about my wheels, had so many intrigued... GET YOURS NOW!!
cheers:. Point noted!
Old 10th March 2008, 20:10   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
You sound like someone who would buy one of these just to 'show off' and not for the pleasure of riding one. A person who really 'loves' bikes will not care what and for how long he is riding it or how many other guys have something like it.

I have seen a lot of SBK riders who just want 'attention'. You will usually spot them easily in a group because they are revving the engine for no reason most of the time.

dude you got that right what else do you think you can do with it
if its dubai or some place else where road conditions are good than
i agree with you but here in india

sbk is a thing to show off usually

whats the use of a bike which is capable of doing around 300km/hr and does not even do 180km/hr its entire life and some times when it does looses its life by crashing(happens all most all the times)
so thats my point of view for you

regards
alias
Old 10th March 2008, 20:28   #221
Team-BHP Support

You know alias, its not about doing 300 kmph, or even a 180, its about how these machines accelerate to those speeds.

Heck an old generation liter bike would have crossed a 100 kmph and much more in less time than you spent reading this line.

You surely have seen cars in our country that probably cost 10 times as much as these bikes if not more, people don't buy them simply to floor them an cross check their top whack. Its about how these accelerate, handle and come to a stop.

There are people who buy motorcycles (indian or imported) for the love of riding, and posers buy expensive imports, if they get the desired attention, whats the problem, really?

Oh yes, if you thought that superbikes werent the things that carried oomph anymore, try riding around town on a Rune, and you'll probably feel twice as sexy about yourself.
And, i am not trying to change your point of view or anything.

manson.

Quote:

whats the use of a bike which is capable of doing around 300km/hr and does not even do 180km/hr its entire life and some times when it does looses its life by crashing(happens all most all the times)

regards
alias

Last edited by manson : 10th March 2008 at 20:37.
Old 10th March 2008, 21:06   #222
BHPian

i would love to own a sbk and drive one not for showing off
espeically here in saudi who would i show off to

but for the pleasure of riding one. its an experiance which one must have if u can afford
ive been trying to buy one i had posted a thread on buying the gxxr 750 unfortunatly i was denied finance anyways im searching for a used bike but the riding season is almost over here so im thinking of saving up a little more and going for a brand new one instead in a few months!!!
Old 10th March 2008, 22:24   #223
Senior - BHPian

hey,
spotted this GSX on lavelle road !!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...asrani/al2.jpg
Old 10th March 2008, 23:19   #224
BHPian

Quote:

regards
alias
65 mph / 104 kmph is the legally allowed max speed here in the US.. And a good percentage of the riders are keeping their bikes around that speed limit (or a max speed of 70-75 mph)... They are riding them happily, and y cant we do it in India? Whenever they want to push their dad's gift to the limits, let them go to the tracks...

..... Enough of discussion. I am out of this!
Old 10th March 2008, 23:26   #225
BHPian

Quote:

regards
alias
Simple... I take my bike to the track and have loads of fun there.

I agree there is not much thrill in riding sbks in the city, but go to any twistys outside town and have all the fun you want.

Although many of these bikes can get close to 300kms, they are no fun at those speeds. (for me atleast)

How many times have you taken your car to its top speed?

Its much more fun at about half that speed around turns.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks