Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 13:42   #211
BHPian

2004 duc 749 for Rs 275000/-? Illegal? Fake?
Old 29th September 2009, 19:36   #212
Team-BHP Support

Are you even asking? Fake!!

manson.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:40   #213
Senior - BHPian

As no one here can define what a clean bike is, but everyone has a vishesh tippani on the operations of DRI. Its all just on your luck. A friend who was initially quite worried when his bike got picked up. But it was released without any issues whatsoever. And not most all the bikes out there on bikez.biz are fakes. God knows who is spamming the once hotly visited website
Old 24th October 2009, 04:39   #214
BHPian

yes bikes are coming out now after all the duties are getting cleared, grey market is dead for sure..
Old 27th November 2009, 01:36   #215
BHPian

just updating with some new info, anyone with a grey market bike should get the duty paid, just informing your'll, a friend of mine, his bike has been caught & picked up from his house just a month ago & he has to attend a court case now, its better surrendering ur bike then getting caught, be careful guys.

cheers.
Old 27th November 2009, 13:22   #216
BHPian

but how does one go about paying duty? Theres a lot of confusion on this,,some say stay put and say some clarity will come out of this mess, some say go pay duty coz with time its gonna get worse (ej court hearings). So, if i want to pay duty and make my grey bike street legal, who do i contact? how?
Old 27th November 2009, 13:48   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
but how does one go about paying duty? Theres a lot of confusion on this,,some say stay put and say some clarity will come out of this mess, some say go pay duty coz with time its gonna get worse (ej court hearings). So, if i want to pay duty and make my grey bike street legal, who do i contact? how?

Try and search BluMonk in previous pages. He said he had information and numbers on how to contact DRI people. He might be able to help you
Old 27th November 2009, 14:20   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Try and search BluMonk in previous pages. He said he had information and numbers on how to contact DRI people. He might be able to help you
I think somebody mentioned on the previous page that he is a fake guy. Best thing would be to contact DRI directly. No need for any agents.
Old 27th November 2009, 15:55   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I think somebody mentioned on the previous page that he is a fake guy. Best thing would be to contact DRI directly. No need for any agents.
yes just go to the dri at the marine lines office, if u go there they are very nice to u, beter then getting caught, no point waiting till things to cool cause this issues has got alot of publicity, so incase u get caught later they will ask where were u for so many months & why were u hiding? keep an anwer ready for that if u want to stay low
cheers..
Old 7th December 2009, 12:43   #220

Import of personally owned bike on TR!!!

Hi all ive been reading this and a lot of connected threads with very keen interest....but could anyone pls enlighten me on what the duty chargeable on a bike import is if i am getting back as part of my personal effects on TR....am relocating back from dubai....a clear and spot on answer will help hugely...
Old 7th August 2010, 12:50   #221
BHPian

DRI Clearance Letter?? Scam again?

Now that the heat is low, superbike sales seem to be slowly picking up again. Contact any dealer and each one of them will tell you that the bike he's selling comes with a clearance letter from DRI.
Well, does DRI actually issue such a letter?? Can any of the guys who have got their bikes cleared post one. It will help others from getting conned or taken for a ride.
Thanks.
Old 7th August 2010, 14:42   #222
Team-BHP Support

Interested in knowing the fate of DRI acquired Motorcycles,
any help?
Old 7th August 2010, 16:32   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil View Post
Now that the heat is low, superbike sales seem to be slowly picking up again. Contact any dealer and each one of them will tell you that the bike he's selling comes with a clearance letter from DRI.
Well, does DRI actually issue such a letter?? Can any of the guys who have got their bikes cleared post one. It will help others from getting conned or taken for a ride.
Thanks.
very simple to check, note the bike registration number you interested in, then call the dri office & enquire, the dri are very nice people they will tell you if its clean with duties paid, if the bike is grey STAY AWAY..
Old 8th August 2010, 03:20   #224

I am trying to buy a bike, so far every private individual i have spoken to says the bike has clean papers etc but none have had DRI clearance, a few said its not needed for pre 2004 bike .
i want to buy a bike to ride freely, knowing that its legal. is having a dri clearance only way to know if the bike is legal and full duty paid?
if someone could shed some light on this , i am really desperate to get riding.
calling the DRI office as suggested by berg79 might do it...so will the DRI office have all records of bikes registered anywhere in india?
if somone could hook me up with he DRI contact number that would surely help.
most bikes that i am considering are old (pre 2002 ) as i more inclined on making a streetfighter, i heard that bikes imported pre 2003-4 usually have clean papers, really confused with all this
hoping to read recent experiences of tbhp members who bought or sold bikes.
Old 8th August 2010, 23:08   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn View Post
I am trying to buy a bike, so far every private individual i have spoken to says the bike has clean papers etc but none have had DRI clearance, a few said its not needed for pre 2004 bike .
There is nothing like a 'DRI Clearance' note as such. If a bike is legal it should have necessary import documents.
If the owner claims that he got it verified with the DRI or any similar authority, ask for relevant paperwork.
If the owner claims he paid the necessary duty and other relevant penalties, as him for payment proof. Every government department issues a payment receipt irrespective of the amount.

Quote:
i want to buy a bike to ride freely, knowing that its legal. is having a dri clearance only way to know if the bike is legal and full duty paid?
Well, a simpler way would be to ask your local R.T.O. agent to have the registration papers verified with the R.T.O. office it is registered under.

Quote:
most bikes that i am considering are old (pre 2002 ) as i more inclined on making a streetfighter, i heard that bikes imported pre 2003-4 usually have clean papers, really confused with all this
That is indeed true, but there are exceptions to the above too. But even then, the bikes will have relevant import paperwork.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks