Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Brand New Yeti or Well Kept Used Tucson?
Brand New Yeti Elegance 75 71.43%
Very Well Kept Used Hyundai Tucson 30 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 20:22   #196
BHPian

Re: What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?

Hey Shankar,

Hearty congrats. Wish you wonderful motoring with your new buddy.

It is not only a fantastic car, it is also one of the most practical for our roads and driving conditions. Do keep us posted on your experience.
contessa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 21:57   #197
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Many thanks my dear chap! I completely agree that the Yeti is quite the right vehicle for our wicked roads. It is a brilliant car indeed and I am glad I plunged after much agonizing and deliberation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa View Post
Hey Shankar,

Hearty congrats. Wish you wonderful motoring with your new buddy.

It is not only a fantastic car, it is also one of the most practical for our roads and driving conditions. Do keep us posted on your experience.
Old 8th December 2011, 23:25   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
before April-May, right? And taxes would increase by then.
Now this is another worry added to my list.
Visited the dealer today again and the new news that I got that the Duster might also come with 2ltr diesel engine option, which is just a assumption for sure. I said if the company decides to come with this option with a 4x4 option at 11 Lakhs ex-showroom I will be the happiest man, but going by Renault track record that looks highly unlikely and wishful thinking (on part of the sales guy). That said now if what ever the Duster is eventually and if it does not come before the tax salvo everything goes for a toss.
Old 10th December 2011, 17:38   #199
BANNED

Another couple photos of the Yeti after its first ever bath - one week's dust and muck washed away with fresh water, a sponge or two with some of that lovely carnauba car washing shampoo, a little tyre dressing sprayed on and it is looking rather clean and pleased with itself.
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-10122011668.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-10122011669.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th December 2011 at 17:39.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 20:05   #200
BHPian

Congrats Shankar for your new ride. Yeti looks cool in Silver. One of my friend have blackened the B pillers and it looks great.
Before X trail, I was considering Yeti. Unfortunately, they delayed the launch and also I had very bad experience in past with local dealership.
I think, Yeti is best suitable for our road and traffic conditions.

Happy motoring
Old 10th December 2011, 22:05   #201
BANNED

Thank you! I quite agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Congrats Shankar for your new ride. Yeti looks cool in Silver. One of my friend have blackened the B pillers and it looks great.
Before X trail, I was considering Yeti. Unfortunately, they delayed the launch and also I had very bad experience in past with local dealership.
I think, Yeti is best suitable for our road and traffic conditions.

Happy motoring
Old 12th December 2011, 07:00   #202
BANNED

A couple more pics from trigger happy me...

I managed the golf bag and trolley and whatnot quite peacefully yesterday.

No worries except that the bag can no longer remain as a permanent resident in the vehicle!

Small price to pay for the luxury and comfort and safety that it otherwise offers!
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-11122011673.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-11122011674.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-11122011675.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 08:00   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
A couple more pics from trigger happy me...

I managed the golf bag and trolley and whatnot quite peacefully yesterday.

No worries except that the bag can no longer remain as a permanent resident in the vehicle!

Small price to pay for the luxury and comfort and safety that it otherwise offers!
Nice work with the embossed plates. We would to see the pics of the boot with your golfbag to get an idea of the space.
Old 12th December 2011, 10:09   #204
BHPian

Hi!

How do you rate the ground clearance vis a vis the Scorpio? Particularly when approaching a very large speed breaker (like they have in Mysore) or when entering a particularly deep pothole - does the nose look like it may scrape?
Old 12th December 2011, 17:49   #205
Senior - BHPian

Congrats shankar.balan on the arrival of the LittleBigFoot at your driveway. Amazing set of pictures, its like falling in love all over again. Especially after seeing the details posted in the ownership threads by SushilBajpai and pramod. Can I ask for a set of interior pics too

Quote:
I am getting a windshield "air" film fixed - it is transparent, has anti glare properties and doesnt impact vision. I believe this will help save the fascia and dashboard from UV effect along with reduced glare while driving. It seems a good thing - my dad has it fitted in his vehicle and speaks highly of the same. It costs around 8 grand for the front windshield. 2 year guarantee I believe.
This "air" film; does it help in reducing glare from the high beam of oncoming vehicles too? Also, does it have heat reduction if any at all? I am assuming it is a substitute for the heat reducing Vkool film. Do correct me if I am off the mark.
I am trying to consider if this will be a good option for my Jazz.
Old 12th December 2011, 19:05   #206
BANNED

@sridhar. No on account of the short overhangs this vehicle performs incredibly over speed bumps and such. The whole vehicle goes up and down. I am finding it much better than the Scorpio and so does my wife. None of that swaying seasick-ness inducing body roll whatsoever. It is at a completely different level in terms of handling characteristics.

@selfdrive. Yes the 'air'film is excellent. I paid close on 6 odd grand for it but it is extremely good at shielding one from the sharp sunlight. The good thing is that the dashboard and fascia etc are kept safe from UV which in a car like this, is worth doing on account of the cost and of course, the fact that one would like to try and look after and preserve the interiors as best as possible, while certainly using the vehicle well! The thing is that on account of cutting it the UV the AC also feels better. I also understand that one cannot put anything other than absolutely clear film on the front windshield on account of rules and regulations. But yes, I do believe it reduces heat as well as the UV radiation.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th December 2011 at 19:07.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 06:26   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Ok boys so the Brand New Silver LittleBigFoot is home and dry. Puja etc done.

Ready to roll! Wish us luck chaps with the most expensive consumer item I have ever bought until date!!

Here are the pics.

Cheers
Congrats Shankar! A world class SUV which is perfect for our cities!
Do share your ownership experience with us.
Old 13th December 2011, 09:20   #208
BHPian

Congrats Shankar, Yeti in Sliver looks elegant. A wise decision man.

Those fog lamps look huge on Yeti. Howz the throw from them ?

Also, Whats the mileage you get ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 13th December 2011, 09:52   #209
BHPian

Shankarji
like most yeti owners there's a small problem with the engine stalling more frequently tham other cars. Is it due to the haldex clutch? am getting the hang of it but please enlighten
At this rate you are going to end up as the "Jedi" of the yeti group
amar
PS is it ok to post a pic of my yeti on your thread ?
Old 13th December 2011, 20:49   #210
BANNED

Thanks a lot. Yes it is indeed a world class little beast and right for our wicked roads. Will keep posting ownership details and will request the mods to kindly change the thread name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Congrats Shankar! A world class SUV which is perfect for our cities!
Do share your ownership experience with us.
Thanks a lot. I believe it was a good decision and look forward to many miles ahead! Those fog lamps are normal. The throw is good and I especially like the cornering function. It is brilliant when driving at night on our horribly lit roads. So far I ve done around 370kms in city driving conditions and I have finished half a tank of gas. Just a bit more than half tank left. I believe the range is about 650- 700 depending on the driving conditions. As per the calculation of my on board computer it said 650kms range at last count. I filled up gas on the 2nd Dec when I bought the vehicle and haven't filled any more since. The range reading keeps changing now and then depending on the gear and the conditions. I shall run it this time as much as possible and then share how much I actually got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Congrats Shankar, Yeti in Sliver looks elegant. A wise decision man.

Those fog lamps look huge on Yeti. Howz the throw from them ?

Also, Whats the mileage you get ?

Cheers,
Rajesh

I haven't really faced this problem except once on day 1. The trick as far as I have found out, is to keep the revs at a reasonable level and at all times when slowing down or taking a speed breaker etc, to gear down properly and on time. In deep traffic the engine lugs quite well in first and second with the revs sitting around 1500 or so.
Please do post your pic. I have no problem. And frankly, while I appreciate what you say, I m not that much of an expert. I just try to share what I experience so that others might benefit wherever possible. Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick56 View Post
Shankarji
like most yeti owners there's a small problem with the engine stalling more frequently tham other cars. Is it due to the haldex clutch? am getting the hang of it but please enlighten
At this rate you are going to end up as the "Jedi" of the yeti group
amar
PS is it ok to post a pic of my yeti on your thread ?

Last edited by shankar.balan : 13th December 2011 at 20:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks