Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Brand New Yeti or Well Kept Used Tucson?
Brand New Yeti Elegance 75 71.43%
Very Well Kept Used Hyundai Tucson 30 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2011, 12:36   #151
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?

but luckily I ve got a happy work situation overall. lots of flex and enjoyable work as such.
but I will need to plan a mid sized driving getaway once the yeti comes in.
i guess we are a lot more fortunate than a lot of others so Id better stop cribbing.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 10:36   #152
BANNED

So another little update:

All the due monies for this vehicle are paid over yesterday and the Dealer plans to take it along for registration today or so.

I believe the PDI has been finished a day or two ago and everything is in its proper place.

Today and tomorrow he will prep up the vehicle as per the understanding and requests made.

I think I will be able to take delivery by Friday sometime.

A proper puja thereafter and then the Silver LittleBigFoot is ready to get out into the SUN!!

cheers
Old 30th November 2011, 13:27   #153
BHPian

Shankar- I just devoured this whole thread like a man who has gone without food for three days. Real fulfilling to a person who is in a similar predicament as you were in September.

Really liked the clarity of thought and the decision making process.

Gather that like her real world...err mythical world cousins,your silver one would be home only in the mountains and will urge you to take her "Up North" every now and then. Hope you give in to this whim often and keep her happy!

Cheers,
Old 30th November 2011, 16:49   #154
BANNED

one more update:

I am getting a windshield "air" film fixed - it is transparent, has anti glare properties and doesnt impact vision. I believe this will help save the fascia and dashboard from UV effect along with reduced glare while driving. It seems a good thing - my dad has it fitted in his vehicle and speaks highly of the same. It costs around 8 grand for the front windshield. 2 year guarantee I believe.

I think it is worthwhile, since it is an expensive vehicle.

The rest of the Windows will come with a mid to dark grey Llumar film which is being provided FOC by the dealer.

I dont think I want those Rain Visors - they arent really very useful in the Scorpio either plus somewhere they look a bit irritating.

No other fiddly accessories except Scuff plates so that the drivers and passengers shoes and footwear dont scratch and harm the body work (door bottom sills), proper mats inside and of course, mud flaps etc.

Since the vehicle comes fully loaded with pretty much whatever one wants, there is no reason to fiddle about with extra fittings - except maybe a specific Skoda Westphalia TowHook which I might buy on the next International trip.

I believe this particular vehicle and all those produced in 2011 do come with the ECU Software update or Firmware update or whatever - apparently it does impact FE positively and makes the AC cool better too, as I have read on other parts of the Forum. I ve asked the chap at the dealer's place to confirm this in particular to me.

I guess the vehicle would have been registered today - I was given a selection of regular numbers to choose from so I have done that too.

Wondering whether it is worth getting a paint protection job done at 3M or not - any ideas boys?

Lets see what next.

cheers
Old 30th November 2011, 19:24   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
one more update:

I am getting a windshield "air" film fixed - it is transparent, has anti glare properties and doesnt impact vision. I believe this will help save the fascia and dashboard from UV effect along with reduced glare while driving. It seems a good thing - my dad has it fitted in his vehicle and speaks highly of the same. It costs around 8 grand for the front windshield. 2 year guarantee I believe.

I think it is worthwhile, since it is an expensive vehicle.

The rest of the Windows will come with a mid to dark grey Llumar film which is being provided FOC by the dealer.

I dont think I want those Rain Visors - they arent really very useful in the Scorpio either plus somewhere they look a bit irritating.

No other fiddly accessories except Scuff plates so that the drivers and passengers shoes and footwear dont scratch and harm the body work (door bottom sills), proper mats inside and of course, mud flaps etc.

Since the vehicle comes fully loaded with pretty much whatever one wants, there is no reason to fiddle about with extra fittings - except maybe a specific Skoda Westphalia TowHook which I might buy on the next International trip.

I believe this particular vehicle and all those produced in 2011 do come with the ECU Software update or Firmware update or whatever - apparently it does impact FE positively and makes the AC cool better too, as I have read on other parts of the Forum. I ve asked the chap at the dealer's place to confirm this in particular to me.

I guess the vehicle would have been registered today - I was given a selection of regular numbers to choose from so I have done that too.

Wondering whether it is worth getting a paint protection job done at 3M or not - any ideas boys?

Lets see what next.

cheers
Great news that your Yeti's delivery should happen soon !
Do definitely go for after market floor mats from Elegant / Kagu which are specially made for the Yeti, as otherwise the black interior carpeting gets soiled very quickly. Even the supplied car mats from Skoda are black and dust magnets! Go for Grey colour in aftermarket mats or any othe colour - Elegant has almost 30 options on order.
Regarding the towhook, it will require cutting of the rear bumper too, so do get it done in a very professional setup. The electrically integrated towhook also requires settings changes to the Systems to factor in electrical load / trailer length. You can find a lot of info on briskoda. IIRC you can tow around 2000 kg unbraked load. What are you planning to tow ?
I had the paint protection done from 3M and don't think its worth it as it lasted only for 1 month.

All the best,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 20:16   #156
BANNED

these chaps are giving some mats free along with the vehicle.
I will go later and look for after market Yeti mats to go with the interiors. In particular I want a certain type of mat with a lip all around for the rear dicky area.
As you suggest, I will not go for that 3M nonsense. Much better to wash the car once a week and polish it with some wax like I usually do.
The Westphalia towhook was just a whim - I may not buy it at all because frankly I dont do any towing in normal life except when called upon to do so in exceptional circumstances such as the 2005 floods in Bangalore when I used my Bolero's heavy duty towhook to help pull some Marutis and so on out of trouble. I just like that towhook sticking out and hence the whim.
it is not really important in my life to have that towhook though.
The Silver LittleBigFoot should be with me second half of Friday I believe. So I shall buzz around in my Scorp until then and bid the faithful old horse goodbye probably on Sunday when I may send it off to my friend's place.
More later on the LittleBigFoot then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Great news that your Yeti's delivery should happen soon !
Do definitely go for after market floor mats from Elegant / Kagu which are specially made for the Yeti, as otherwise the black interior carpeting gets soiled very quickly. Even the supplied car mats from Skoda are black and dust magnets! Go for Grey colour in aftermarket mats or any othe colour - Elegant has almost 30 options on order.
Regarding the towhook, it will require cutting of the rear bumper too, so do get it done in a very professional setup. The electrically integrated towhook also requires settings changes to the Systems to factor in electrical load / trailer length. You can find a lot of info on briskoda. IIRC you can tow around 2000 kg unbraked load. What are you planning to tow ?
I had the paint protection done from 3M and don't think its worth it as it lasted only for 1 month.

All the best,
Behemoth
Old 1st December 2011, 08:45   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
these chaps are giving some mats free along with the vehicle.
I will go later and look for after market Yeti mats to go with the interiors. In particular I want a certain type of mat with a lip all around for the rear dicky area.
As you suggest, I will not go for that 3M nonsense. Much better to wash the car once a week and polish it with some wax like I usually do.
The Westphalia towhook was just a whim - I may not buy it at all because frankly I dont do any towing in normal life except when called upon to do so in exceptional circumstances such as the 2005 floods in Bangalore when I used my Bolero's heavy duty towhook to help pull some Marutis and so on out of trouble. I just like that towhook sticking out and hence the whim.
it is not really important in my life to have that towhook though.
The Silver LittleBigFoot should be with me second half of Friday I believe. So I shall buzz around in my Scorp until then and bid the faithful old horse goodbye probably on Sunday when I may send it off to my friend's place.
More later on the LittleBigFoot then.
Hi Shankar,
It may be difficult and expensive to get the lipped mat for the boot - only Skoda offers it and it is not available easily. Other option which I use is - I got a beige coloured Yoga mat (matching the seat colours) and have cut it to size to fit the boot floor exactly - simple and effective way to keep the boot clean (I also have a dog!).

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 09:30   #158
BANNED

thats a good one! My creatures will definitely want to investigate the new vehicle and leave their signs behind in terms of paw prints and fur and all that - am sure of it. any why not? its as much for them in a way that I prefer utility-ish vehicles.
the yoga mat is a good suggestion and I will think on it. right now I use a large rubber mat and a cloth spread on the surfaces in case the dogs need to go to the vet or something. in the Yeti I will simply convert to the yoga mat perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Shankar,
It may be difficult and expensive to get the lipped mat for the boot - only Skoda offers it and it is not available easily. Other option which I use is - I got a beige coloured Yoga mat (matching the seat colours) and have cut it to size to fit the boot floor exactly - simple and effective way to keep the boot clean (I also have a dog!).

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:44   #159
BANNED

Ok boys so the Brand New Silver LittleBigFoot is home and dry. Puja etc done.

Ready to roll! Wish us luck chaps with the most expensive consumer item I have ever bought until date!!

Here are the pics.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-02122011622.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-02122011623.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-02122011624.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-02122011627.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-02122011629.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 21:00   #160
BHPian

Many a congrats! She is sheer understated Elegance.Looking forward to initial impressions and ownership experience already.
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:01   #161
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! And wishing you many lakh Kms of fun filled days. I think the mats are Kagu or something, have a thread in here somewhere.

Edit: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2413257

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd December 2011 at 22:04.
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:14   #162
BHPian

Congrats Shankar. You have fun with the little cuddly beast. Hope I can join you soon in the owners' list.
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:24   #163
BANNED

thalavoy - Im sure you will join the gang soon - believe me it is worth the bucks!
jaggu - thanks - the existing mats are fine for the moment - need a good one for the rear boot space though.
mnemonic - thanks! I love understated elegance in all things (if possible to achieve that is) - too much bling is not really my thing!
this is one heck of a car I must say!
cheers

Last edited by shankar.balan : 2nd December 2011 at 22:25.
Old 3rd December 2011, 02:55   #164
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations again. The little number got home!
Is the ownership thread already getting baked in the assembly line?

All the best, and enjoy the drive!

Edit: Oh wow, that was my 1500th post!

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd December 2011 at 02:56. Reason: comment added
Old 3rd December 2011, 04:59   #165
BANNED

thanks vb

i will keep on putting out snippets on the Yeti.
other chaps like Pramod, Behemoth and Sushil etc have given plenty of detailed reviews.

I will keep adding stuff here and there onto this thread instead of starting a whole new one. perhaps with a little help from the Mods we can change this thread title to "A Brand New Yeti Elegance it is!"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks