Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Brand New Yeti or Well Kept Used Tucson?
Brand New Yeti Elegance 75 71.43%
Very Well Kept Used Hyundai Tucson 30 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 22:43   #121
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?

thanks
yes the cappuccino beige is a good compromise between silver and mato brown. but somehow it never really tickled my fancy.
so for me I will leave the internal battle to be between the silver and mato brown.
will keep posting as things develop on the booking, payment, delivery etc.
I like this vehicle very much - always have, ever since they launched it in Europe in 2009.
Finally I think the time has come for me to own one myself.
would love to read about the battle between the Yeti and the XUV.
I would have bought the XUV without batting an eyelid but I find it way too big for my daily usage needs!
cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Shankar,
Great to know that you are taking the plunge for Yeti! My vote goes for the Capaccino beige colour!
One more good news from our side. We got the delivery of our silver W6
Xuv500 on 16th Nov and the next battle review is going to be up on Sun (have already completed the review in the assembly line, just need to take a few more pics over the weekend and will share it.)
Regards,
Behemoth
Old 19th November 2011, 07:15   #122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
yes the cappuccino beige is a good compromise between silver and mato brown.
Congrats Shankar on the decision. What you said is right, the Mato Brown looks awesome but it indeed is an eye-catching colour. My vote goes for the Brown, but if you don’t want that unwanted attention, the immediate second choice will be silver (always my first choice colour for sedans). Cappuccino beige maybe a good compromise, but it’s still a compromise
Old 19th November 2011, 16:40   #123
BANNED

A Brand New SILVER LittleBigFoot - the Skoda Yeti Elegance it is!

Thanks!

So for me it is the LittleBigFoot in Brilliant Silver.
For once in the matter of colour I chose to go with the Head rather than the Heart. I would vastly prefer a relatively anonymous, easy to maintain sort of colour to the flash value offered by the Mato Brown.

I have just paid up an amount towards the booking today. Will do the deal slowly over the next week to ten days.

They've ordered the Silver Elegance and it should land up here in about a week's time. Should get the VIN No etc soon. Then it will take a couple of days for PDI and Registration etc I guess.

Its been a long journey for me - I always liked the Yeti very much right from when it was launched in Europe and when it subsequently came to India. I bought several scale models of it at the time and have collected brochures and price lists several times from the dealerships. I have downloaded the e brochure too and it has been residing in my computer for 2 years or so. Wallpapers, Screen savers and a myriad other things besides. For a long while it adorned my computer screen as the wall paper of choice. I guess I must have been subliminally working towards it somewhere!

Of course I ve grumbled a lot about its price and the lack of luggage space in the rear for the lateral golf bag test etc.

But I decided some time back to go for it and live with it - just for the sheer quality of fit and finish and luxe experience which is streets above any other vehicle Ive owned until now.

It is to me, a really big deal because this would probably top the list as far as being the most expensive consumer product/ thing I have ever bought or owned ever.

So here's hoping its landing up is a herald of good things to come!

More as things keep progressing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congrats Shankar on the decision. What you said is right, the Mato Brown looks awesome but it indeed is an eye-catching colour. My vote goes for the Brown, but if you don’t want that unwanted attention, the immediate second choice will be silver (always my first choice colour for sedans). Cappuccino beige maybe a good compromise, but it’s still a compromise
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-yetiscale.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 19th November 2011 at 16:42.
Old 19th November 2011, 17:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

@Shankar, congratulations on the Yeti. Somehow the silver Yeti you have posted here and also what you see in the wallpapers have slight blue tinge. I am not sure if that is how it is in reality (haven't seen a silver Yeti so far). In any case silver is a nice and safe colour.
Old 19th November 2011, 17:10   #125
BANNED

the one i posted here is the Scale Model of the Silver Yeti - I bought this some time back - maybe a year and a half or so.
Am waiting for the real thing.
The Silver looks nice and clean and as you say, is relatively safer than perhaps the other shades. You can judge for yourself later about this bluish tinge one I get the vehicle and start putting up some pics of it.
thanks for your good wishes!
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
@Shankar, congratulations on the Yeti. Somehow the silver Yeti you have posted here and also what you see in the wallpapers have slight blue tinge. I am not sure if that is how it is in reality (haven't seen a silver Yeti so far). In any case silver is a nice and safe colour.
Old 19th November 2011, 18:55   #126
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Brand New SILVER LittleBigFoot - the Skoda Yeti Elegance it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
So for me it is the LittleBigFoot in Brilliant Silver.
For once in the matter of colour I chose to go with the Head rather than the Heart. I would vastly prefer a relatively anonymous, easy to maintain sort of colour to the flash value offered by the Mato Brown.
Good going Shankar! Thinking about it, even I would have decided on the Silver (even though I really like the Mato Brown shade). Silver shade is so easy to maintain, and more importantly, it will be easy to source the colour if there is a need of mild touch-ups for scratches (experienced from owning a Silver Ikon for around 8 years).

Congratulations once again, and looking forward to your ownership review!
Old 19th November 2011, 21:06   #127
BHPian

@Shankar. Many congratulations. Have fun with your abominable snow man. Are you going to watch Tintin movie with the new drive (I remember a Tintin story that had Yeti )
Old 20th November 2011, 04:15   #128
BANNED

Ha! Yes that was Tintin in Tibet.
I havent seen it yet - will definitely see it one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
@Shankar. Many congratulations. Have fun with your abominable snow man. Are you going to watch Tintin movie with the new drive (I remember a Tintin story that had Yeti )
Old 20th November 2011, 06:52   #129
BHPian

Congrats Shankar. I am sure you will enjoy every moment in the car.
I had a chance to experience the drive few weeks back and enjoyed a lot.
Old 20th November 2011, 16:10   #130
BANNED

thanks kevin
how about your decision?
let me know
cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
Congrats Shankar. I am sure you will enjoy every moment in the car.
I had a chance to experience the drive few weeks back and enjoyed a lot.
Old 20th November 2011, 19:39   #131
BHPian

Congrats!

Looking forward to your experiences, particularly how they manage service & repairs.

Happy motoring!!
Old 20th November 2011, 19:46   #132
BHPian

Congratulations Shankar! Just like you, Yeti, for me too is the most expensive piece of equipment that I ever purchased. However, thus far it has given me no chance to regret that decision.

I too liked the Yeti from its very inception. My only regret is that Skoda does not offer DSG box - and the stock tires are proving to be a bit of a worry.

I am sure you'll enjoy the car than the words can express. Look forward to your ownership thread.
Old 21st November 2011, 07:34   #133
BANNED

Thanks guys. Yes I'm looking forward to it too!
Somehow suddenly I'm also seeing more Yetis on the road as well. Am in Chennai for a meeting and saw 2 Yetis while en route between BLR and here yesterday. Plus they seem visibly displayed in the showrooms in vellore etc. Last evening we saw 3 yetis on the road just driving along - I mention this because one generally doesn't see several of these on the same day, given that it is not a widely selling popular sort of vehicle yet. And today's ad in the paper in madras has the yeti in mato brown stating that it is now available in 4x2. Am sure that we will see a jump in sales of this excellent vehicle now that the 4x2 version is out.
It really makes a good alternative to the typical boring executive sedan especially if one is slightly off beat by nature and likes to walk ones own road. Another week or ten days should see me in my Silver LittleBigFoot then! More later!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st November 2011 at 07:36.
Old 21st November 2011, 08:25   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally a decisive move. When do we get to see the real pics?
Old 21st November 2011, 08:36   #135
BANNED

Another week or ten days ish? Yes I took a long time taking the decision but the more I saw and interacted with the yeti I knew I wanted it more than any other vehicle. I will take some more time to get it into my hands largely on account of arranging the downpayments and finance and so on. I think early December is likely. Will keep you posted.
All in all I am glad I took my time. I know the duster is coming and the ford ecosport but neither of these are in the same class as the yeti. The new scorp lx 4WD is also tempting but it doesn't have safety stuff.
After all like that movie ZNMD, so might as well go with one's passion at least for a time! I hope to keep this vehicle for some time because it is so expensive and frankly as mentioned before I've never bought anything this expensive before in my life so all the more reason to be careful and enjoy it judiciously!
But it is also true I guess that one' needs and want states keep evolving and hence, almost 4 years into Scorpio usage, I really want something as evolved and state of the art as the LittleBigFoot!
God bless!

Cheers.
Sb

QUOTE=sudev;2583996]Finally a decisive move. When do we get to see the real pics?[/quote]
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks