Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Brand New Yeti or Well Kept Used Tucson?
Brand New Yeti Elegance 75 71.43%
Very Well Kept Used Hyundai Tucson 30 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 14:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I managed the golf bag and trolley and whatnot quite peacefully yesterday. No worries except that the bag can no longer remain as a permanent resident in the vehicle!
Small price to pay for the luxury and comfort and safety that it otherwise offers!
Aah, must be really safe if you continue to feel like that after removing them golf clubs! I hope SushilBajpai brings the Yeti to one of our Pune meets. If not, a TD it will have to be. The one thing I am trying to avoid because my budget will not be able to afford the kind of money I will then want to spend

Quote:
@selfdrive. Yes the 'air'film is excellent. I paid close on 6 odd grand for it but it is extremely good at shielding one from the sharp sunlight.
Thanks for your review/ opinion of the film. Can I bug you a bit more and ask where you got it from? If there are any online resources I will try to source it here in Pune. I hope I will get it when I say "air film"?
What should I tell my friendly neighbourhood accesories shop guys?
Old 14th December 2011, 22:39   #212
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yes. If you drive it you will really like it and then believe me, nothing less will do for you. Thats what happened to me with the LittleBigFoot. It is truly a clever little vehicle and a perfect compromise between city driveability and adventure fantasy.

Ref the film - I think it is called SR 75 or something. My dealer had it fixed for me. Check with the dealer there and he might be able to get it done.
Its a plain jane clear film which knocks out the UV and the heat, thereby making the AC etc more efficient and obviating damage to the dashboard and fascia in these harsh sunlight conditions that apply here in India.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Aah, must be really safe if you continue to feel like that after removing them golf clubs! I hope SushilBajpai brings the Yeti to one of our Pune meets. If not, a TD it will have to be. The one thing I am trying to avoid because my budget will not be able to afford the kind of money I will then want to spend

Thanks for your review/ opinion of the film. Can I bug you a bit more and ask where you got it from? If there are any online resources I will try to source it here in Pune. I hope I will get it when I say "air film"?
What should I tell my friendly neighbourhood accesories shop guys?
Old 15th December 2011, 14:11   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ref the film - I think it is called SR 75 or something. My dealer had it fixed for me. Check with the dealer there and he might be able to get it done.
Its a plain jane clear film which knocks out the UV and the heat, thereby making the AC etc more efficient and obviating damage to the dashboard and fascia in these harsh sunlight conditions that apply here in India.
Thanks again saar! I was hoping to get this fitted on the Jazz. I didnt know its a Skoda specific film. I will try to enlist the help from a Skoda owner friend.
Sorry to go on about this
Old 15th December 2011, 18:37   #214
BHPian

Quote:
I look forward to attending one of the Pune meets. And sure Yeti will accompany me. Actually it is not the brochures and test drive reports that sell Yeti. Spend ten minutes behind her wheel and she'll work on your soul.

Lately I have traveling a lot with Yeti - mostly in remote rural outback nestled in the hills of Akole taluka in Maharshtra.
SushilBajpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 18:56   #215
BANNED

This is not a Skoda specific film. I cant remember the name of it but it can be fitted on to any vehicle windscreen.

cheers

Quote:
Thanks again saar! I was hoping to get this fitted on the Jazz. I didnt know its a Skoda specific film. I will try to enlist the help from a Skoda owner friend.
Sorry to go on about this
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 19:50   #216
BHPian

I have lauded the Yeti enough, on this thread itself, as well as a couple of others, so 'nuff said.

The thing that comes to my mind now, is "cute beast" or rather "beauty and the beast in one".

Congrats Shankar; may Almighty bless you and your family with many many happy miles on the beast!

- Yours truly,I remain, a HUGE Yeti fan!
Old 15th December 2011, 19:50   #217
Senior - BHPian

Shankar, just popping in here to say congratulations! Your Yeti looks great Love the Yeti for it's compact city friendly dimensions, while still maintaining good highway manners.

Looking forward to an ownership thread with more details and more photos!

Cheers!
Old 15th December 2011, 21:22   #218
BANNED

Thanks a lot! Yes I quite agree! Am a lazy chap but will make an ownership thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Shankar, just popping in here to say congratulations! Your Yeti looks great Love the Yeti for it's compact city friendly dimensions, while still maintaining good highway manners.

Looking forward to an ownership thread with more details and more photos!

Cheers!

Thanks a lot, especially for your good wishes! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
I have lauded the Yeti enough, on this thread itself, as well as a couple of others, so 'nuff said.

The thing that comes to my mind now, is "cute beast" or rather "beauty and the beast in one".

Congrats Shankar; may Almighty bless you and your family with many many happy miles on the beast!

- Yours truly,I remain, a HUGE Yeti fan!
Old 17th December 2011, 07:19   #219
BANNED

Right! So here as requested by some, are a few interior pictures of the Yeti, 2 weeks into ownership.
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011676.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011677.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011678.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011679.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011680.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011681.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011682.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011683.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011684.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011685.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011686.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011687.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011688.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011689.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011690.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 08:32   #220
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Thanks for sharing the pics shankar. Are those seats OR sofas ? They look very nice and wide.

The hatchdoor when open is perfect, you can almost keep any thing inside this car given the wide opening it has.

You missed the golf bag pic.

Last edited by F150 : 17th December 2011 at 08:33.
Old 17th December 2011, 18:39   #221
BANNED

Yes the hatch, when open is nice and wide. Each of the doors also opens nice and wide. No more irritations of getting clothes snagged onto bits and pieces and having to squash one's self into odd contortions to get in and out of the vehicle. Ingress and Egress is very easy for all sorts of builds - tall, short, fat, slim etc.

Will share the golf bag plus trolley plus one more golf bag pics (all required for a game planned tomorrow). I believe all three will have to be fitted in longitudinally with all the 3 rear seats down and I think they all will fit peacefully.
But this is not a vehicle in which 4 golfers and their golf bags and assorted luggage can go - for all that sort of thing, one still needs the Scorpio, Innova or Safari, not the Yeti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Wow. Thanks for sharing the pics shankar. Are those seats OR sofas ? They look very nice and wide.

The hatchdoor when open is perfect, you can almost keep any thing inside this car given the wide opening it has.

You missed the golf bag pic.
Old 17th December 2011, 19:25   #222
BANNED

Ok I just loaded the stuff into the Yeti.
Here are the pics of the capacity. That silverish fabric stuff is the vehicle cover. The rest of it is 2 golf bags- one large and one small, regular trolley and car vaccuum cleaner and other fiddly stuff that I usually keep in the vehicle.

This vehicle, with the seats folded down, should be just right for the golf bag, trolley and assorted luggage for the two of us, including a smaller sized ice box, camping stools, binocs, tripod, and food and water etc that we generally like to take with us when we go to the hillybits.
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011693.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011694.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011695.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011696.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-17122011697.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:33   #223
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Shankar (since you've already admonished one for not using your first name! ).

I remember your discussions and thread regarding an affordable compact SUV. I think the Yeti fits the bills for a lot of people like you (and maybe, me) who would love to have sedans with five seats but just need better GC and some more luggage space and 4X4. Affordability? Well...

The more I read about the Yeti, the more I find it appealing. I think all Skoda cars tend to grow on you despite their (few) well-known issues with some of the models.

This is currently my favourite cross-over / SUV.

If I wanted a full-blown seven seater family SUV, I would prefer the LR Discovery. I do not love the 'luxury' SUVs so much (Discovery is more practical, of course, not with its Indian pricing).

I think another vehicle with that potential is the 4X4 Suzuki SX4 sold in Europe!
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:24   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is not a Skoda specific film. I cant remember the name of it but it can be fitted on to any vehicle windscreen.

cheers
I think its LLumar's AR75 that you're referring to. You get this in most auto accessory shops.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 07:35   #225
BANNED

Thanks for reminding me. Yes this AR75 is the right name. They called it AIR film or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I think its LLumar's AR75 that you're referring to. You get this in most auto accessory shops.

Hi
Yes I would tend to agree with this. The LR Disco is a great vehicle but stupidly priced in India. So is the Freelander2 in my opinion. One could have owned either of these if one lived abroad but since one lives here this does not apply!
Yes also to the fact that the Fiat Sedici/ Suzuki SX4 Hatch with 4x4 and the DDIS engine would have been a great contender in the utility + value stakes but typical of Maruti, they will bring it in only when they choose and not as per our "wants".

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Congratulations, Shankar (since you've already admonished one for not using your first name! ).

I remember your discussions and thread regarding an affordable compact SUV. I think the Yeti fits the bills for a lot of people like you (and maybe, me) who would love to have sedans with five seats but just need better GC and some more luggage space and 4X4. Affordability? Well...

The more I read about the Yeti, the more I find it appealing. I think all Skoda cars tend to grow on you despite their (few) well-known issues with some of the models.

This is currently my favourite cross-over / SUV.

If I wanted a full-blown seven seater family SUV, I would prefer the LR Discovery. I do not love the 'luxury' SUVs so much (Discovery is more practical, of course, not with its Indian pricing).

I think another vehicle with that potential is the 4X4 Suzuki SX4 sold in Europe!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks