Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Brand New Yeti or Well Kept Used Tucson?
Brand New Yeti Elegance 75 71.43%
Very Well Kept Used Hyundai Tucson 30 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 08:41   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?

congratulations ,yeti is a great car , hope it serves you well.
What happens to your scorp is it up for sale ?
Old 21st November 2011, 09:04   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Thanks. Yes my pal is taking the scorp for his personal use. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congratulations ,yeti is a great car , hope it serves you well.
What happens to your scorp is it up for sale ?
Old 21st November 2011, 10:27   #138
BHPian

Finally you decided on Yeti! welcome to Yeti club do PM with your email address, I will share some of internal document that will help you do the PDI better and will let you know what you need to know about the vehicle.

-Pramod
Old 21st November 2011, 11:02   #139
BHPian

Not yet. The dealer in Kochi is not confidence inspiring.

But I came to know from a fellow member that Skoda has allocated a new dealership for Kochi. So waiting for the new dealership to start operation to see if it would be any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
thanks kevin
how about your decision?
let me know
cheers!
Old 21st November 2011, 11:09   #140
BHPian

Congrats on deciding for Yeti Shankar. Am glad you are going for Yeti after all the odds you have mentioned here. Wise decision I must say.

Looking forward for the ownership thread.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 21st November 2011, 11:27   #141
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Shankar congrats.

You have been on the look out for long and I did always wonder which car would meet your really specific and stringent requirements.

I guess the Yeti will exceed all quality expectations that you may have and will also meet all the performance (being relatively light for the power it has and hence is a performer) and almost all space requirements.

I would presume that you have gone for the 2+2 year warranty package that skoda has - implying a lot of peace of mind at the same time.

Yeti is really unique in what it offers. It is compact while being practical and quite a capable offroader. If it were not for the brand "Skoda" it would command an even higher price. Just as the X1 if it were not for the brand would not command the price it does. Do wonder how people would view an Yeti with the Audi tag. - 30L anyone.

Congrats again. The fence sitter finally takes the plunge. Cheers.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:31   #142
BHPian

Quote:
So for me the LittleBigFoot Yeti is very much back in consideration.
Am currently evaluating whether to buy Ambiente or Elegance.
I find the Ambiente very attractively priced but I like the Elegance better so it is a tough decision.
Am also evaluating the colour - Silver makes excellent sense on account of easy maintenance and the fact that it doesnt show scratches or fading over the long term. But the Mato Brown is quite a delicious shade too! Perhaps a marginal compromise by going for Cappuccino beige?
The more I interact with the Yeti the more I appreciate their finesse, finish, fit and overall quality. Everything in the vehicle shrieks quality.
Am also highly influenced by Jeremy Clarkson's review of the vehicle on TopGear - having seen this episode in the UK around 6-7 months back, I saw it again when it was telecast here last week. He is not normally complimentary about anything - I was pleasantly surprised when he didnt have anything bad to say about the Yeti.
the golfbag can manage to shift for itself and so can I, with this vehicle!

More on this thread later as things progress...
Lets see , one step at a time...
cheers
hello Shankarji
have been following your quest for a smallish SUV for quite some time. My preferences are on similar lines.....have a CJ3b for the rough and tumble stuff. A few questions will not be out of place though
- will Ecosport come without 4x4
- what about the duster and korando?
- can the yeti be tuned to higher specs, like through a ECU remap
can the wheel size be upped to 17" and wider tyres, will that screw up the driving dynamics
amar
Old 21st November 2011, 14:22   #143
BANNED

hi!
i am really not an expert of that level who can answer such specific tech queries!
however - here's my 2 bits.

1. I need to get the vehicle first to get to know it better.
2. I understand that the EcoSport planned for India is planned only in 2WD spec as of now.
3. Same goes for the Duster - I believe that they will introduce only 2WD first. then, they might bring in 4WD - but I m not willing to wait that long.
4. Personally I would not fiddle with the Yeti in terms of ECU remapping etc because it straightaway voids the warranty. In a vehicle like the Yeti or similar other higher end vehicles it is better to keep the warranty intact.
5. Again on upsizing tyres and wheels - I ve never really been a fan of that either. Im comfortable with stock setup. However, I do know that the 17 inch wheels come as standard on the top spec Yeti in Europe. Hence it should be possible. However, if this voids the warranty I would not do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick56 View Post
hello Shankarji
have been following your quest for a smallish SUV for quite some time. My preferences are on similar lines.....have a CJ3b for the rough and tumble stuff. A few questions will not be out of place though
- will Ecosport come without 4x4
- what about the duster and korando?
- can the yeti be tuned to higher specs, like through a ECU remap
can the wheel size be upped to 17" and wider tyres, will that screw up the driving dynamics
amar
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:59   #144
BANNED

my silver LittleBigFoot is en route from A' bad I believe. it should land in BLR next week. By that time I hope to have made all my margin payments and the loan will also be in due process. As Im not in a tearing hurry Im planning to take delivery only around 4th Dec or so. Another 10 days to go - thats all and I will be saying bye bye to my faithful workhorse the Scorpio. it performed brilliantly over the last few days on my work trip to Madras and back. lovely to drive it on the highways but the lack of safety stuff scares me quite a bit. The Scorp needs a bit of 50K kms TLC so it is going to the garage for a couple of days starting tomorrow morning. So that when I give it to my pal, it is brought back to top order.
Will be sad to see the Scorp go off but am looking forward to owning and using the Yeti now.
cheers
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 19:20   #145
BANNED

Update:

Paid a large part of the margin dough today. my silver LittleBgFoot has arrived here in BLR it seems. tested the touchscreen music system and ipod connectivity etc in a display vehicle and I must say the sound quality is very very good indeed. theres a lot to be said for these integrated systems I think.
They will do the PDI and stuff in a leisurely manner as per my request, load it will all the goodies I asked for (apart from what comes standard) and keep it ready.
I will give them the full and final payment next week and then will have it registered.
Target delivery is Friday 2nd Dec or Sunday 4th Dec.
Let me see when it becomes ready then!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th November 2011 at 19:23.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:23   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Best of luck, and welcome to the Skoda owners club. Waiting for yet another quality Yeti ownership thread.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:54   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Let me see when it becomes ready then!
Congratulations Shankar, at last you did decide for the best. I am glad you did not tilt towards a used option of Tuson, it would have been a value proposition but for that absolute joy of a new Yeti is unbeatable I'd say. Waiting for a keen review once you settle down with your B'foot. I am sure you will have many happy miles in this delightful car. I am looking forward your 4x4 review, do test it on this aspect as soon as possible.
Old 27th November 2011, 07:19   #148
BANNED

the funny thing is when one gets a new vehicle one wants to play with it all the time and start going for long drives in the countryside and so on. one wants a perpetual holiday to start happening!
but one needs to pay for the vehicle, so one needs to work!
what to do? such is life!

cheers
Old 27th November 2011, 11:50   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the funny thing is when one gets a new vehicle one wants to play with it all the time and start going for long drives in the countryside and so on. one wants a perpetual holiday to start happening!

cheers
Such is life. We all love to pamper our selves when we get some new toy.

As far as life is concerned, all of us need to balance between earning money and spending it. I know a lot of young people who have left a high paying but high tension job, for one where life is a bit more relaxed. After all when you think of it, you are earning to enjoy life and not just to accumulate means for it.

The best compromise is to get your vehicle, just around the time of an annual holiday, so that once you are familiar with it, you enjoy a long holiday with your new acquisition.
Old 27th November 2011, 12:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:

cheers
Can't agree with you more. Since Yeti came in, work has been keeping me from any even a weekend break.

Hopefully, i can let the Yeti strech its wheel in Dec.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks