Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 19:30   #46
v10
BHPian

ohh wow!!! just missed so many posts
by the way, decided to upgrade to a porsche cayenne
selling the innova in a few months and going to get a 20 lakh suv in place of that..... i have also started to like the new generation endeavour.. going to consider that,
also i dont care of any mitsubishi monteros for 15 - 25 lakhs.. because landcruisers and lx470's are much more refined and reliable vehicles and are available for the same price..my cousin just got a landcruiser for 20... and i can say that with confidence as i owned a landcruiser 101 for 3 years and 80,000+kms and no hassles at all.... beautiful machine...
i remember when i got the cr-v which was the first in delhi and seriously the only car to be registered that day, one of the car dealers offered to trade mine in for a golden lx470!!! but i wanted some change....
so coming back to topic its going to be the ford endeavour/ santa fe / outlander......
cheers:

Last edited by v10 : 28th February 2008 at 19:31.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post

cheers:
am so jealous and it is the best choice for a high end suv IMO. which one is it s, turbo or turbo s ??. hope its the last one .
Old 28th February 2008, 20:12   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
am so jealous and it is the best choice for a high end suv IMO. which one is it s, turbo or turbo s ??. hope its the last one .
I think he is joking...

Quote:
so coming back to topic its going to be the ford endeavour/ santa fe / outlander......
cheers:
He is still looking at 20 lakh SUV.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:19   #49
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I think he is joking...

He is still looking at 20 lakh SUV.
Quote:
guys i am not here to play aroundd.. i am serious.. , am taking the delivery of the car next month.... its a 3.6 v6... and the new one puts out 295 bhp along with a 0 - 60 mph time of 7.5 seconds...and by the way they have stopped making the turbo s.....
Old 28th February 2008, 20:23   #50
Team-BHP Support

yup. i think they have the gts instead of the turbo s.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:28   #51
BHPian

ok mate, i believe you. congratulations on your newest addition and love your choice as i said before. enjoy driving the beauty and post pics once it arrives.

what colour is it?
Old 28th February 2008, 20:40   #52
v10
BHPian

Quote:
ok mate, i believe you. congratulations on your newest addition and love your choice as i said before. enjoy driving the beauty and post pics once it arrives.

what colour is it?
its basalt black with chestnut brown and 19 inchers with every option available...
something like this

will post pics
Old 28th February 2008, 20:53   #53
BHPian

the only thing i dont like about this pic is the interior(colour) apart from that everything else is clean - the exterior colour, the rims and from what little is visible on the inside.

which are the other cars you checked before going for this one??
Old 28th February 2008, 21:13   #54
BHPian

Yes Mitsubishi outlander is going to be the best in this class if it comes with a diesel and right price which should not be anything above 18 lacks
Old 28th February 2008, 21:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

dont know the comparison of pajero with others but i remember pajero winning the Dacar rally many times which is a very tough terrain and extreme climatic region.
but then now pajero is an aged vehicle.
Old 29th February 2008, 00:16   #56
BHPian

Its unbelievable that the Nissan X-trail has'nt been suggested in any of the posts. Its a best of both worlds package albeit priced a couple of lakhs higher than it should be. Best of both worlds because;

1. A 2.2L diesel that has 140bhp on tap and 314Nm of torque available as low as 2000 RPM (In my opinion any off-roader worth its salt needs to have a high torque diesel) and since its a 2.2L, the FE is phenomenal.

2. Its pretty handy off road, I've pulled myself out of some pretty sticky slush/mud and it has decent ground clearance as well as middle of the road entry and departure angles.

3. It's not a conventional ladder-frame so it does not have the associated drawbacks of a ladder frame (i.e high center of gravity which leads to body roll, weight, high floor which compromises seating comfort). Its as well behaved as a CRV on the road.

4. It beats the CRV and Captiva on 4WD, it has a proper differential lock or you can leave it on auto for most situations and enough torque to haul it out of almot any situation you might encounter.

5. Its built very solid and I have not had any kind of problems as yet (one year of some pretty serious rough stuff in my estate). The A.S.S is good (in Bangalore and Hyderabad at least).

I think its almost an automatic choice as an all-rounder SUV, i'd have nothing else.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
selling the innova in a few months and going to get a 20 lakh suv in place of that..... i have also started to like the new generation endeavour.. going to consider that,
also i dont care of any mitsubishi monteros for 15 - 25 lakhs.. because landcruisers and lx470's are much more refined and reliable vehicles and are available for the same price..my cousin just got a landcruiser for 20... and i can say that with confidence as i owned a landcruiser 101 for 3 years and 80,000+kms and no hassles at all.... beautiful machine...
i remember when i got the cr-v which was the first in delhi and seriously the only car to be registered that day, one of the car dealers offered to trade mine in for a golden lx470!!! but i wanted some change....
cheers:
I felt the endeavour ride quality (not to speak of dealer experience) was worse than Innova when I TDed them, especially on broken roads. Pajero and Montero was the best among the ones I tried out. No idea of landcruiser as their asking prices were pretty high here in bangalore. The dealer was asking around 23 l for a 1999 model which was the only one they had. Amonog the current crop of 7 seater true SUVs I would say Pajero for new and Montero for used is the best choice.
The outlander could be a good choice with its diesel engine, but everyone is saying it will come with petrol heart.
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:41   #58
BHPian

Crv

Hi
Am getting a used 2007 CRv June model for rs 14.5 lacs, immaculate condition, done 7000 kms , but it is an automatic and I hear its expensive on fuel. Do you think it makes a good buy cos I was thinking about the Captiva
Old 3rd March 2008, 02:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Hi
Am getting a used 2007 CRv June model for rs 14.5 lacs, immaculate condition, done 7000 kms , but it is an automatic and I hear its expensive on fuel. Do you think it makes a good buy cos I was thinking about the Captiva
wow have you checked on the car well becoz the asking price for automatic 2007 crv s in mumbai is anything between 16.5 and 20 LACS
is it from a reliable dealer ? or what ? go drive it am sure you wont let it go !!!!

P.S. just confirm the price once again please
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Hi
Damn expensive on fuel. Although CRV 2.4 is a fantastic vehicle, if you drive her like a real SUV, expect no more than 5 Km/l

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks