Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 22:43   #91
BHPian

he isnt't considering the Oultander ?
Old 4th July 2009, 23:17   #92
GTO
Team-BHP Support

CRV is not being imported at the moment. I suggest waiting for the Fortuner, it's going to shake up the 20 lakh SUV segment. Expect deliveries to start in the final quarter of this year (if not sooner). A true all rounder.
Old 4th July 2009, 23:19   #93
Team-BHP Support

within that budget id suggest the grand vitara. with the new 2.4 engine its more powerful than the crv. also since he is going to remote places in case anything goes wrong youll always find a suzuki dealer. id rate the crv and gv on par as far as reliability goes.
Old 4th July 2009, 23:50   #94
BHPian

IMO wait for the Toyota Fortuner. It will be a one hellova machine
Old 5th July 2009, 00:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've emailed this page to him so now I guess he needs to choose whether to wait for the Fortuner or not. Btw, I've recommended he join TBhp so he may start posting here soon
Old 6th July 2009, 17:02   #96
Senior - BHPian

fortuner anyday. Toyota reliability plus a mammoth SUV.

Its not everyday one buys vehicles worth 20L. Better wait for a few days as the car is getting launched in Sept (as per a communication from their Marketing person)

This time it is indeed coming.

Pajero = Outdated model
CRV = Are they still delivering it ? If you book , you will anyway get the vehicle by the time Fortuner is out in the market.
Endy = Why Endy, when Fortuner is round the corner

So, just hang on, Fortuner is going to kill others (murder as said by GTO in one of his posts somewhere), you dont want to repent just 1 month down the lane that you should have waited for a few days more.
Old 6th July 2009, 17:13   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay so I am GV fan boy. Reliable and round the corner service.

That said I find it strange that any car that is around the corner for launch catches every ones imagination. Granted that Toyota is solid and reliable but there is no firm date by them. Unless other posters had some inside knowledge.
And secondly the reviews of same cars at foreign shores is not good as most of the local intros are variants or are detuned for Indian petrol and conditions (ditto GV).
Old 6th July 2009, 17:39   #98
BHPian

If your uncle can wait for another month or so? Got a friend working with Toyota, he said the Fortuner will be available in August with a price of approx. 22Ls!

I would say that can be a great buy!

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 6th July 2009 at 17:41.
Old 6th July 2009, 17:49   #99
BHPian

What do the forum member think about xtrail? cheaper than CRV, a great and capable diesel engine...

I have not heard of anyone discussing about xtrail in any of the discussions, is there something wrong with the vehicle?
Old 6th July 2009, 17:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

An update now. I'm not sure what happened (I think its some personal financial matter and I don't want to pry) but his plans have been postponed by a few months. The bright side is that the Fortuner is definitely an option when he buys and there'll be some reviews of the new GV by then too. Watch this space folks...

Edit: skydiver, I can tell you that the problem is the horrible Nissan dealer presence. Even in big cities, there is at most one Nissan dealer. At least, that is what I know. Shame, because the X-Trail has seen some good reviews in many magazines when it was launched.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 6th July 2009 at 17:59.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:01   #101
Team-BHP Support

Last year I had a close look at my relatives X-Trail for which he paid 30L. It had a wimpy 215/65R16 tyres which was surprising, the stock OE tyres (225/70R16) on GV has 35.5mm larger diameter. Sure it was much more powerful with 136hp and 314Nm.

Now to add insult to injury, it had no 4L mode. It basically had 2WD mode, Auto 4WD (activates on loss of traction), Lock mode. Even the lock mode is not differential locking, it means it locked in 4x4 mode with front and rear 53:47 torque ratio.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:49   #102
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Samurai : Wait until your relative needs spares, or its time to calculate resale
Old 6th July 2009, 19:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post

That said I find it strange that any car that is around the corner for launch catches every ones imagination. Granted that Toyota is solid and reliable but there is no firm date by them. Unless other posters had some inside knowledge.
It was in several newspaper that they are launching it this Sept. It has been seen by lots of T-BHPians in Bangalore. This time, it is coming for sure so worth waiting for.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:04   #104
BHPian

Mclaren, I agree with you. The dealer presence is very pathetic..

Do we have xtrail owners in the forum to get some more insight into the cost of ownership, dealer experience etc.

For what I have read so far on the web, its engine is great and normally runs very low on maintenance..

I am also struggling to find a good SUV in the same price bracket...I had Tucson also in the list but getting contradictory info from different dealers. One dealer told me that it is discontinued, other said its not and it is still available and hyundai has postponed the launch of Santa fe indefinitely...

the best part was when I called hyundai customer care to get info about tucson, the agent made me hold the line for 5 min and then told me that "Sir, as per my information, tucson is being MANUFACTURED in india, we dont get it as CBU"!!!!
Old 7th July 2009, 11:11   #105
Senior - BHPian

I think the GV 2.4 is a definite must try for anyone. The last one had pretty decent off road abilities (sudev is the case in point), and Maruti ownership experience and costs are better than everything else. Only thing is most service folks do not know a thing about a 4wd!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks