Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: which car is better for city driving / visibility / minimal body roll / cheap part
Bolero SLX 93 48.95%
sumo grande MKII CX 97 51.05%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 11:21   #256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra bolero vs Tata sumo grande MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
In the case of Bolero, perhaps some good dampers (Bilsteins or Ironman stuff) helps reduce the body roll, inturn making the ride a little harsh.
The OE seats were pretty bad (Not sure how it is now). Some better supportive seats will definitely make it comfortable, but has nothing to do with body roll per se.

Drive safe. Is your's a 4x4?
Nope. It is a 2 wheel drive. Unfortunately enough, I was told that CRde's did not come in 4x4 models !

Shyam
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:23   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra bolero vs Tata sumo grande MKII

The BOLERO and GRANDE don't go side-by-side. The GRANDE is much costlier and classier, but is a failure and I think TATA might pull it out, so better not get into a long-term relationship with one

The BOLERO in its current iteration is the best one that MAHINDRA has got out. The seats are awesome, with good width and leg room all around, the middle row used to be conjested, but MAHINDRA have moved it further back in this one and created good leg room. Its very practical and is the vehicle to have in India, you can easily do a 'Bharat Darshan' eyes closed
Old 6th November 2016, 05:06   #258
BHPian

Need advice on Mahindra Bolero ZLX vs Tata Sumo Gold GX

I am looking to buy a sub 10L SUV. Options i shortlisted are Bolero Power Plus ZLX and the Sumo Gold GX. Which would be a better buy?

Points to consider:
1. 99% self driven
2. Do not want the image of a driver (Sumo seems huge)
3. Better fuel efficiency.
4. Refinement over the long term.

Pour in your suggestions please.

Bharat

Last edited by bharatbits : 6th November 2016 at 05:08.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 06:34   #259
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need advice on Mahindra Bolero ZLX vs Tata Sumo Gold GX

Those are not what you're going to like if you want "refined". Are you sure you need that people mover size of vehicle instead of say a Ford Ecosport or Duster?

If you want larger seating capacity the used SUV market is pretty large and worth a look.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 08:09   #260
KMT
BHPian

A base model Scorpio and a TUV300 should be a part of your test-drive.
KMT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 08:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

From your short list, I would recommend the Bolero on any day over the Sumo. Driving a Sumo gives off the image of the driver, which is not the case with the Bolero.
As suggested, you can also look at TUV 300 and Ertiga, because the TUV is new over the old school Bolero and the Maruti being much refined.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th November 2016 at 09:13.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 10:31   #262
Team-BHP Support

Unless you really love the looks of Bolero and Sumo, there are very few reasons to buy either of these 20 year old UVs.

Sumo predominantly has a rural/semi-urban taxi image. So Bolero should be your pick of the two.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 11:00   #263
BANNED

How did you arrive at these two options? What all boxes did they check before you shortlisted them? Based on your points to consider and your budget, there are so many more options you could choose from. And being from Hyderabad you wont face any availability issues.

PS: I strongly suggest you add 'super AC' in your points to consider.
adidac369 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:30   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

If it is Hyderabad where you are planning to drive the UV, I would suggest the Bolero as it is less common as a taxi/cab (keeping in mind your requirement non-image of a driver).

If you ask from a comfort perspective, I would choose the Sumo over the Bolero. I have been driven around extensively in both the vehicles and find the Sumo to be much more roomier (in terms of leg space, seat size) and comfortable. These vehicles have been part of my dad's office vehicle and even he loves the Sumo for the same reason.

Both the vehicles are reliable and almost equally fuel-efficient (Sumo was slightly more efficient).

PS: Might I suggest you to go in for dark colours (a shade of red for Sumo and the chocolate brown in Bolero) to make it stand out as private car. Most of the private registered Sumo and Bolero are in such colours. Put on some nice alloys too if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks