Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: which car is better for city driving / visibility / minimal body roll / cheap part
Bolero SLX 93 48.95%
sumo grande MKII CX 97 51.05%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 16:07   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra bolero vs Tata sumo grande MKII

Dev, well in Bolero's case its not confined to tier 2 cities even the vehicles which are sent to bangalore in the similar way which means about 500odd kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This happens across all tier-2 and 3 cities where not only Boleros but all vehicles are driven down from the closest dealer yard which at times, could also be 300kms away.
The drivers who drive them are undoubtedly, contract drivers who are paid for the number of trips that they make which means they drive pretty fast and rough.

The only saving grace is that since any damage is also claimed from the driver contract company, they do not go all out or full clip and move in convoys.

As things stand, there is no remedy for the situation.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:19   #197
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Really sad. Also i heard from some of my friends that Scorpio owners are treated preferentially at Mahindra A.S.S vis-a-vis Bolero owners while servicing. Is this true? May be bhpians who own Boleros can clarify.
I do not own a Bolero but I ve taken it for service a couple of times at SKS Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road and I did not see any preferential treatment meted out to me.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:43   #198
Senior - BHPian

I think 'jedi' said that the preferential treatment is given to Scorpio owners & not Bolero owners. Did you, on any of these occasions feel that a Scorpio was given preference over the Bolero you took for service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I do not own a Bolero but I ve taken it for service a couple of times at SKS Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road and I did not see any preferential treatment meted out to me.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:25   #199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I think 'jedi' said that the preferential treatment is given to Scorpio owners & not Bolero owners. Did you, on any of these occasions feel that a Scorpio was given preference over the Bolero you took for service?
Nope, not once. In fact, at SKS Hosur road, you see cargo 3 wheelers being serviced and I did not notice any preferential treatment being given to Scorpio owners over the others.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:27   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
One thing which concerns me and am sure would concern anyone who loves thier machine, Boleros are driven down to Bangalore,Mangalore and other places from Belgaum as they get dumped thier, while Scorps,Xylos are bought by Trucks...

So in Boleros case thier is no running in required as god knows how those drivers have driven them??? i would say this is a very unfortunate!

I dont think the M&M has any means to monitor how these vehicles where driven, what speeds did they do etc.... as a prospective buyer am damn concerned about this!

i think all prospective buyers should raise this at the dealership!

M&M are you listening?!!!
While driving to Belgaum between the Hubli - Belgaum stretch I've seen brand new Tata Sumo Grande's also being driven. The drivers were clipping at speeds of 90 - 100 kmph.
After this all our our discussions on Run-in period would be just a
Old 18th January 2012, 22:02   #201
BHPian

Quote:
After this all our our discussions on Run-in period would be just a
Correct.Have never seen so much hype for deciding the vehicle to buy!Friends, if you like the vehicle, what the hell does it matter even the owner of some other model is preferred by the service guys? Again, will you decide not to buy a vehicle you like simply because it was driven to the dealer?Instead of pestering yourself with such petty matters, it would be better to concentrate on the attributes of the vehicle itself
Old 19th January 2012, 16:04   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Dev, well in Bolero's case its not confined to tier 2 cities even the vehicles which are sent to bangalore in the similar way which means about 500odd kms.
Assuming one has the time, how about booking their Bolero through a Belgaum dealer so they can self-drive back to Bangalore the way it's supposed to be driven?
Old 19th January 2012, 16:18   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quite true. A colleague of mine who bought a Bolero, prior to the M2DiCR model, had mentioned that his Bolero was driven down from Belgaum. He got the vehicle with about 400 odd km on the odo.

My Scorp which was bought around the same time was brought by truck, and the last stretch was driven down. I did a PDI of the vehicle at the dealer's yard with about 17kms on the odo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Assuming one has the time, how about booking their Bolero through a Belgaum dealer so they can self-drive back to Bangalore the way it's supposed to be driven?
Managing address proof in a different city can prove to be a bit of a problem.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:47   #204
Senior - BHPian

Guys some updates, today had been to M7M to book Bolero and again was bit by the confusion bug, yea pretty unlikely it is to get confused when you have set out to book and you start thinking...

It all started like this i ride down to the showrrom and a que rang in my mind, i,e will the Bolero be comfortable... as i reached the showroom i saw some Xylos parked i walked around and it dint look that bad while i was doing this the friendly Manager-Anil(sales) noticed this, little later i hoped into his office thats when during our conversation he suggested me to try Xylo, i was a bit reluctant but when he asked me what i dint like about the Xylo my answer was i dont like the "looks", i know this excuse sounds pretty vague and i did realize it

agreed to take the TD and off we go, i got to TD on E8. the vehicle is smooth and very responsive i dint notice any body role the turning radius is pretty good and the view aswel. very responsive engine and quiet too, i dint know when i crossed 100mark. car is stable at that speed.

the best thing about this vehicle, interior space. esp the 7seater will be a royal interms of space and seating.

i felt this vehicle much better compared to Grande.

All in all am confused, with Bolero i need to compromise on comfort and also on the ride.

Bolero slx costs 8lacs on road and Xylo E4 about 9.4 on road....
Old 21st January 2012, 20:09   #205
MCR
BHPian

Had an opportunity to checkout the Bolero ZLX today.
Positives :
1. No nonsense butch looks.
2. Tough build.
3. Metallic Bumpers.
4. Digital Instrument cluster with DIS.
5. Voice assistance.
6. great view of the road ahead.
7. Good paint quality.
Negatives :
1. Not enough power, especially with AC on.
2. Less than perfect build quality.
3. Less than perfect finish.
4. Door handles feel as if they are ready to come-off.
5. Diesel clutter in the cabin.
6. Jerky gear lever.

However, its a real tough vehicle at the price point. Costs 8.19 lakhs on-road, Mysore.
Old 21st January 2012, 20:57   #206
BHPian

Hi Mcr, Did you test drive it? If yes, hows the handling and pick up?
Old 21st January 2012, 22:05   #207
Senior - BHPian

Confusion intensifies

ok now this is something which i dint expect of went to the M&M showroom today to make decision on Xylo or Bolero but ended up addig Scorpio to the list

Well now Xylo is ruled out and the fight is between Scorpio and Bolero, in terms of performance the mhawk mows down the m2di but i dont think m2di is a looser, at a incline though it takes a bit to get the grunt it does pick well and gets close to 100mark but yes maneuvering Scorpio is lot easier at good speeds.

When it comes to real bad roads with huge potholes then its time for Sorp to do perfect salsa Bolero is more elegant here!

Scorpio LX with mhawk and with a price tag of 9.7 on road is what am considering but got to know that the mhawk with loads of electronic gets expensive as it gets old??? would like to hear from owners on this...

Quote:
Guys some updates, today had been to M7M to book Bolero and again was bit by the confusion bug, yea pretty unlikely it is to get confused when you have set out to book and you start thinking...

Last edited by lohithrao : 21st January 2012 at 22:21.
Old 21st January 2012, 22:39   #208
Senior - BHPian

Re: Confusion intensifies

Quote:
Scorpio LX with mhawk and with a price tag of 9.7 on road is what am considering but got to know that the mhawk with loads of electronic gets expensive as it gets old??? would like to hear from owners on this...
All the electronic gadgetry is in the VLX variant and to some extent in the SLE. The LX doesn't have ABS, voice assist, tyretronics, intelligent wipers, auto headlights, park assist, micro hybrid, OE music system, cruise control, remote lock/unlock, illuminated foot boards, fog lamps, rear wash & wipe and demister [Disclaimer: I may have missed half a dozen or more features maybe ] .

IMO, except ABS and rear wash & wipe [also fog lamps + demister if you live in a cold/foggy area], all of the above are of novelty value at best.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 21st January 2012, 23:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok now this is something which i dint expect of went to the M&M showroom today to make decision on Xylo or Bolero but ended up addig Scorpio to the list

Scorpio LX with mhawk and with a price tag of 9.7 on road is what am considering
I am guessing that you have already considered the Scorpio Ex and chose to skip

If not, here is a review : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...pressions.html
Old 21st January 2012, 23:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
When it comes to real bad roads with huge potholes then its time for Sorp to do perfect salsa Bolero is more elegant here!
Really? That comes as a pleasant surprise! What could be the reason in your opinion, that the Bolero seems to be able to take on broken roads better than the Scorpio?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks