Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 16:32   #886
BHPian

re: Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

I am really missing these meets.

Also as I have not yet activated Internet here on mobile, I am away from action on Whatsapp group.

Thanks,
Jignesh,

We guys are missing you'll too.

Till the time you're away to Bavaria land, make the most of it and keep revving some exotics there .
Old 9th February 2014, 12:11   #887
BHPian

We are missing you Jignesh and Raghav!!! But we are sure, you guys are revving hard away in Europe and impressing the Europeans by your impeccable driving style.

Well had yet another fantastic mini meet on 7th Feb, albeit in true sense a mini one. As I was working from Bhandup on that day, called up Aditya (adishenoy) to understand his plans of reaching the venue, however, he and Arun (cartman) were tagging along with Sanjay (SDP). While the discussions of who is reaching how were on on whatsapp, Yogesh (Yogeshnagpal) and myself planned to reach our usual meeting point together. As planned at 18:05, I pick up Yogesh and reach the spot to realize that we were the only ones to reach there. Yogesh called up Siddharth (siddharthdeb) who though already was in powai was not to be spotted. Sid said he would join in 5 minutes.

As we were engrossed in our legendary Accord V6 VS 2.4 ltr discussion, we saw a known figure walking towards us. and Voila he was Aman (amansanc) waving from far off as he was approaching us. With Aman in tow, discussion took a new turn, from V6 power Vs Inline power, we were suddenly discussing the Mercedes Benz ML. After 15 minutes of discussion, I could only make out that both these gentlemen, Yogesh and Aman found differentiating between ML and GL difficult. Nevertheless before the confusion could reach all new levels, Sanjay with gang of Shenoy brothers pulled over in his mighty small Alto with all new drag reduction system (DRS) & new turbo boost button to give additional power to ensure the car went faster in 0-100 runs.To achieve all this he got his wipers removed and car now came with AC Off button. I really wanted Swapnil (swapzone) to be present to do a quick drag race and tell us the how the new car performed as against the stock Alto. But then as Sanjay's Alto was much more precious than Swapnil's driving style I erased that thought from my mind.

Boys being boys, from cars our discussion shifted to phones, and quickly Yogesh pronounced that he would soon upgrade himself to Moto-G and hand over his phone Xolo to his wife. Now this typically is high hopes. He expects his wife to use his used Xolo and allow him to use a brand new Moto-G. Wives being wives, you know Yogesh from where I am coming. While all this was happening, we also discussed whether Siddharth is reading the Vento manual on how to start the car as his 5 mins hadn't yet happened. Before we could come to a concrete conclusion, we saw his Vento pulling over.

After some usual discussions, we then headed to our regular spot K3. I am wondering how does he always tolerate us. As we reached K3, Hrishi (turbo_torq), Akshay (minimalist) and Nishant (nishantdlv) joined us. Munched on some yummy samosa ragada and pettis ragada and jalebis, clicked our legendary group photo and headed back towards our mean machines. Akshay's mean machine this time was his cycle with flashy LED headlights. We spotted Swapnil as we were walking back and directed him to come back at the parking spot.

Back at parking spot, I had to take the leave to keep my hopes of joining in for the next meet alive. Bid adieu to one and all present and headed home, well not before processing my Pocket Rocket from the expert lens eyes of Sanjay and Hrishi.

A fantastic meet in all, as usual, as always. Cheers!!!

PS- Waiting for the pictures...
Old 14th February 2014, 14:54   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

I am really missing these meets.

Also as I have not yet activated Internet here on mobile, I am away from action on Whatsapp group.

Thanks,
Missing your company, Jignesh. And Raghav too. I hope to see to you guys soon.

BTW, do share your driving/automotive experiences and encounters during your stay there! (Bavaria is famous for more than Oktoberfest and lederhoses) ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
After 15 minutes of discussion, I could only make out that both these gentlemen, Yogesh and Aman found differentiating between ML and GL difficult.....

Sanjay with gang of Shenoy brothers pulled over in his mighty small Alto with all new drag reduction system (DRS) & new turbo boost button to give additional power to ensure the car went faster in 0-100 runs.To achieve all this he got his wipers removed and car now came with AC Off button....

But then as Sanjay's Alto was much more precious than Swapnil's driving style I erased that thought from my mind......

we also discussed whether Siddharth is reading the Vento manual on how to start the car as his 5 mins hadn't yet happened.
That's quite a comprehensive report you've put up Nilesh. Astute observation of minute details and discussions that were put up that day. The quoted highlights of your report had me for quite a while!

Quote:
Munched on some yummy samosa ragada and pettis ragada and jalebis, clicked our legendary group photo and headed back towards our mean machines.
Bummer. I was literally famished that day and was looking forward to munch on something but I was too late to reach K3.

Quote:
not before processing my Pocket Rocket from the expert lens eyes of Hrishi.
Name:  tumblr_m7yta8puXw1rwcc6bo1_250.gif
Views: 443
Size:  239.6 KB

Quote:
PS- Waiting for the pictures...
To be honest, I was dog-tired last Friday but had enough enthu to come for the meet anyways. Hence, I couldn't click much pics and the ones I did turned out something akin to the work of a 2 yr old......no, much worse than that (kids nowadays are supah talented!)

But still.....

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dscn3468.jpg
Nilesh's 'pocket-rocket'. He was upset though as there was no source of music in the car for him to listen to on his way back!

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dscn3469.jpg
As I mentioned - too tired to get the desired shot.

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dscn3471.jpg
I guess the colour of Swapnil's bike was up for debate this time

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dscn3464recovered.jpg
Ah! The legendary and customary group pic.

Sanjay and the Shenoy bros. provided some great company till Mulund while we dropped Yogi near Powai plaza where he'd parked his car. The gang updated us via Whatsapp about the traffic on JVLR and Powai-EEH. In spite of that, it took us a good 20 mins to get out of Powai. We spent the time troubleshooting Sanjay's Alto and ruling out the cause of the problem (there was a big rofl moment when Sanjay pointed out that the clattering noise wasn't originating from his Alto's hood but rather a diesel mini truck lined up ahead of us - and it turned out to be true!!)

After bidding farewell to Sanjay, we walked all the way to Mulund station since Adi was feeling guilty about having missed his workout. After Arun revealed some facts about certain aspects of the Nano's design and discussions about cameras, lenses and then some, I bid adieu to the Shenoy bros (after 3-4 rounds of handshakes each).

I barely managed to catch the last bus on my way back and it was already past midnight that I reached my place but getting the opportunity to be in the company of like-minded jolly individuals is the reason that I'm already looking forward to the next meet. Cheers guys!

P.S - I couldn't capture a pic of Aman riding Akshay's bicycle cuz he was too fast for my camera. Even Akshay agreed on this.

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 14th February 2014 at 15:12.
Old 15th February 2014, 15:35   #889
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Nilesh for the perfectly worded report and thanks Hrishi for the pics as usual!

I had completely forgotten about the pics.

Here are some pics from my side:
3 cars (and a very crappy quality shaky picture).
SDP Alto, sawnilrules i10, Siddarthdeb Vento
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0750.jpg

Jalebis. Were Yogi and Sid wearing similar shirt?
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0751.jpg

Our architect boy.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0752.jpg

Nilesh
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0753.jpg

Photo-bombed.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0754.jpg

Much better...
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0755.jpg

L to R: Akshay, Aman, Sid, Nilesh, Yogesh, Aditya, Arun, Hrishi, Nishant
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0756.jpg

Aman - load-testing Akshay's Scott.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0757.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0758.jpg

Swapnil joined in. Does his also look like a light blue pin-striped shirt?
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0759.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0760.jpg

My humble Alto. Look ma ...no wipers.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0763.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0765.jpg

Nilesh smiling from his automatic i10.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc_0762.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 15th February 2014 at 15:41.
Old 15th February 2014, 23:15   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Thanks Nilesh for the perfectly worded report and thanks Hrishi for the pics as usual!
The pleasure's all mine Sanjay. And indeed, a big round of applause for Nilesh's report.

Quote:
Here are some pics from my side:

Aman - load-testing Akshay's Scott.
Attachment 1208226

Attachment 1208227
No way! You managed to click a pic of him in motion?!

Quote:
Swapnil joined in. Does his also look like a light blue pin-striped shirt?
Attachment 1208228
Damn, I do look like a skinny pete here.

Quote:
My humble Alto. Look ma ...no wipers.
Attachment 1208230
IDS with DRS. Go figure.
Old 16th February 2014, 12:12   #891
BHPian

Thank You Sanjay and Hrishi for appreciating my write up, though I am not in the league of both of you while it comes to narrating the flow of events.

Hrishi, in the group photo that you have posted, look where Yogesh is staring and smiling. Now I am wondering, what did he notice and had such a big smile on his face, which we couldn't.
Old 16th February 2014, 22:16   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Sanjay and Hrishi for appreciating my write up, though I am not in the league of both of you while it comes to narrating the flow of events.

Hrishi, in the group photo that you have posted, look where Yogesh is staring and smiling. Now I am wondering, what did he notice and had such a big smile on his face, which we couldn't.

Sid, Akshay and myself all were looking in a different direction. Probably there were two cameras
Old 20th February 2014, 17:30   #893
BHPian

Quote:

You flatter me Nilesh. You took the time to pen it down; don't be so modest!

And Yogesh was probably looking at someone* carrying a Moto G.

*controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Sid, Akshay and myself all were looking in a different direction. Probably there were two cameras
Prejudice?? This is the original pic.

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dscn3464.jpg
Old 20th February 2014, 18:04   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
You flatter me Nilesh. You took the time to pen it down; don't be so modest!

And Yogesh was probably looking at someone* carrying a Moto G.

*controversial

Prejudice?? This is the original pic.

Attachment 1209921

I just saw the pic closely, even Nilesh ain't focusing on the camera.
Old 20th February 2014, 18:23   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
I just saw the pic closely, even Nilesh ain't focusing on the camera.
Yeah, I had to mask it with another pic to get the result. Unfortunately, you and Akshay still seem to have chanced upon something 'more interesting'
Old 20th February 2014, 19:58   #896
BHPian

So we are meeting tomorrow. Hope to be on time this time. Was really late last meet.
Anyways, here's some creativity from my side. Hope you guys like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-1392906384815.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-1392906402557.jpg  

Old 20th February 2014, 20:50   #897
BHPian

Quote:
I just noticed this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
So we are meeting tomorrow. Hope to be on time this time. Was really late last meet.
Anyways, here's some creativity from my side. Hope you guys like it.
That's mighty creative Swapnil. Maybe we ought to create a theme for this thread.
Old 20th February 2014, 23:35   #898

Hello Guys! I am new to Team BHP and this is my first post. I do not work or stay around Powai but, can I join you guys too? Would love to be around the like minded petrol heads towards the end of the tiring working week.

Would be great if you can share when are you meeting next.
Old 21st February 2014, 10:06   #899
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
Hello Guys! I am new to Team BHP and this is my first post. I do not work or stay around Powai but, can I join you guys too? Would love to be around the like minded petrol heads towards the end of the tiring working week.

Would be great if you can share when are you meeting next.
We are meeting tonight. Please do join in.
Regular place: In front of Hiranandani school (old building), Powai
Regular time: 7pm onwards
Old 21st February 2014, 10:45   #900

Thanks SDP, appreciate your invite and the details shared. I may not be able to make it tonight due to some prior commitments. Will surely make it in the next meet though. I am guessing the next meet will be on 7th March, same time same venue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks