Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where should the 1st December MH Mega Meet be organised?
Lonavala (same ole same ole!) 49 74.24%
Aurangabad (something new!) 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 09:12   #196
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it

Pics and report of the Pavna and Sunny's mega-meet:

Although the mega-meet thread is just a few weeks old, the planning started almost 2 months back. Swapszone suggested a new venue (Aurangabad), but when put to voting, most folks opted for somewhere closer i.e. Lonavala Sunny's ...which would have been quite boring. It was Raghav (superbee) who suggested the Drive & breakfast at Pavna AND lunch at Lonavala plan, which instantly clicked. A small recce team comprising of BHPians vvb8530, powertrain, amansanc and desmosedici visited the Pavna boat-club as well as Sunny's (and Kinara) over a weekend and made reservations and arrangements. A BIG thanks to Swapnil (the main organizer), Raghav and the recce team!

As the meet day approached, the number of confirmed participants kept on rising and the thread was buzzing with activity. Then 2 major things almost spoiled the fun. First was the possibility that swapszone might have to drop out of the meet plans as he was needed at work on that day. He somehow managed that at the last moment. The second one was major and happened around 5-6 days before the meet. One of the most (if not 'the' most) adored car in the Mumbai group - Raghav's FFE Swift - met with an accident that pushed the front right wheel back a few centimeters and impacted a few suspension components. After chasing the MASS everyday, Raghav managed to get the Swift back in shape just a few hours before the meet.

On the D-day, Mumbai gang was supposed to meet at the Kalamboli McDs at 6am. Smaller groups started meeting much before. I was picked up by AdiShenoy and Cartman in their Estillo around 5:40am. Around 7-8 cars were waiting at Airoli when we joined them.

Raghav's FFE Swift at the Airoli toll-naka.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0630.jpg

Met a significantly larger group at McD. A few had not reached, but it was getting late. It was almost 6:45am. So part of the group started towards Pavna. I shifted to Rohit's beautiful Duster during this leg.

There are a lot of a cycling enthusiasts in the Mumbai group. This one is for them.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0635.jpg

Raghav's Swift flying on the expressway.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0636.jpg

Sun behind clouds.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0637.jpg

Desmosedici's Gypsy. Another highly admired vehicle from the Mumbai group.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0640.jpg

The Gypsy, even without the Hellas On, looks menacing in the rear-view mirror.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0642.jpg

7:15am. The group reached food-mall.
That's NishantBhatia's Figo.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0646.jpg

vvb, arunshek (with the kid), RajBajwa, LamboGuy, adishenoy, Ramie and friend, Esma1981 and Cartman with his new brand new Canon 600D.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0651.jpg

Bhavin and Aditya.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0652.jpg

Aman - Mango_pal, Varun and friend, RajBajwa, Arunshek, Lamboguy.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0653.jpg

The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0654.jpg

RishiSuri's beautiful Cruze.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0655.jpg

Rohit tanking up.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0657.jpg

The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0660.jpg

Arun's recently detailed Vista.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0661.jpg

Sameervg's Dzire.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0663.jpg

If you can't figure out the color difference between these 2 Citys, you should get your eyes checked.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0665.jpg

The Polo GT TSi couple - Esmail and Aman - were inseparable.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0666.jpg

Did you notice the numbers? 8200 and 8201!
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0667.jpg

The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0668.jpg

Ramie's Getz with some serious audio-power.
The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!-dsc_0669.jpg

(to be continued)

Last edited by SDP : 4th December 2013 at 09:29.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:53   #197
BHPian

Re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it

Wow! What an awesome collection to begin with!! Trailer itna acha hai toh picture super awesome hi hoga!! Can't wait for all the pics!!
SDP Sirji: How can I get all the hi-res pics you've snapped? I'm sure emailing them would be a cumbersome task! Dropbox upload? Or if you stay somewhere near Borivali I can take the pics on a usb drive. Please let me know! Thankuberrymuch!

Last edited by nishantbhatia84 : 4th December 2013 at 09:57.
Old 4th December 2013, 11:21   #198
BHPian

A great meet would have been incomplete without some good photographs, thank you SDP, Cartman, Rishi and others for some really nice shots.

It was really a fun filled day for me with a good drive, getting to push my ivtec to its limits, good weather, great locations and of course some mind blowing company.

Thank you Pune guys for making it. Unfortunately since the breakfast place was big and gave people opportunities to do a lot of different stuff, it was difficult to interact with each and everyone. Nonetheless looking forward to more such meets where more Bombay and Pune guys can meet and interact.

Regards,
VVB
Old 4th December 2013, 12:13   #199
BHPian

Mega Meet- Done & Dusted & Missed was my immediate update on what's App!!! I was utterly disappointed to miss the Mega Meet. And going by the pictures I am feeling more depressed now. But nevertheless, there is always a second time.

Sanjay; Arun fantastic snaps; I would have to learn the finer nuances of photography from you guys. I am also waiting for your Beamer clicks, I am sure, they are going to be mind-blowing too

PS- Its already proved in our mini-meets, that we all are color blinds, so Swapnil's Sparkling Brown and Varun's Black always ended up looking the same.

Aman (mango-pal); Esma- Super clicked Polo Twins, looking hot, if you guys paste this photo on Olx and put up add, may end up selling up at higher price then you bought these beauties.
Old 4th December 2013, 12:21   #200
BHPian

I missed it, missed it all. I was all excited about the meet and wanted to come badly, but a stomach upset a day before the meet is what kept me away
Old 4th December 2013, 13:01   #201
BHPian

After being a part of many Mumbai mini-meets, I was excited to be a part of The MH mega meet. And boy was it fun!! You bet! The place, the weather, the food and most importantly the company, everything was AWESOME!! Special thanks to SDP, Cartman and Rishi for the beautiful pics All of them are wallpaper material. A big thanks to RishiSuri, mango_pal, VVB8530 and swapszone for letting me ride in their cars.
Oh yes. How can I forget the FFE freakshow!! Was great fun listening to all the different FFE's.
All in all a great meet. Looking forward to the next meet!!
Old 4th December 2013, 13:13   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
SDP Sirji: How can I get all the hi-res pics you've snapped? I'm sure emailing them would be a cumbersome task! Dropbox upload? Or if you stay somewhere near Borivali I can take the pics on a usb drive. Please let me know! Thankuberrymuch!
Nishant- SDP stays in Mulund, we can always pick up the snaps during one of our mini-meets in Powai!!!
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:07   #203
Senior - BHPian

Great day , great turn out ! Inspite of the enthusiasm on the thread i admit i was surprised to see the amount of cars in the parking lot when we reached there.
Fantastic clicks SDP , Arun & Co !
Though we came late, left early and couldn't hang around for as long as the others it was great to meet many new people nonetheless.
Hopefully il get some more time to chat up with some of you during one of those Powai meets.
I aim to be there for the next one
Old 4th December 2013, 15:02   #204
BHPian

Aare yaar when are these meets announced? Last time I got to know as Jignesh pinged me. Unfortunately I could not make it. But this meet, I had no clue about this meet. And I was available.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:35   #205
BHPian

Is a full fledged T-BHP style report in the making? Cause I'm dying to brag about it to my colleagues.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:41   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
Aare yaar when are these meets announced? Last time I got to know as Jignesh pinged me. Unfortunately I could not make it. But this meet, I had no clue about this meet. And I was available.
All meets, whether mega meets, powai meets or zombie drives are announced on this thread. Just keep a watch. The next Zombie Drive might be on its way soon.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:44   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
All meets, whether mega meets, powai meets or zombie drives are announced on this thread. Just keep a watch. The next Zombie Drive might be on its way soon.
Thanks Bro. Will keep a watch out. Just subscribed to this thread.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:57   #208
BHPian

There are many guys who missed this event. A small suggestion from my side - Can we add an "Events" tab to our home page's main menu? It may help people to keep track on upcoming events like meet ups, rides, auto shows etc.

By the way my office stuffs kept me away from this meet. Hope to join next meet.
Old 4th December 2013, 17:00   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hey,
You forgot but this thread is only for The Mega meet. The other meet plans are made on the fortnightly mini-meet thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
Thanks Bro. Will keep a watch out. Just subscribed to this thread.
Hey Vikrant,
Request you to subscribe to this thread Link
Old 4th December 2013, 17:05   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
There are many guys who missed this event. A small suggestion from my side - Can we add an "Events" tab to our home page's main menu? It may help people to keep track on upcoming events like meet ups, rides, auto shows etc.

By the way my office stuffs kept me away from this meet. Hope to join next meet.
Great suggestion MaxTorque. I think your suggestion will have a better visibility if posted here Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks