south delhi 3 (Vasant Vihar, Kunj etc.,) 13 26.00%
Connaught Place, Central delhi area 9 18.00%
Low Bass Makers location (Post 2 of this thread) 22 44.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2006, 14:35   #1
Team-BHP Support

Mega Delhi meet 27 Aug: Post event report & pics from Pg 18!

After a slew of meets, looks like you guys are sleeping. I am back now, and we can meet up next week sunday/saturday which I presume is the 26/27th weekend. All those in, say aye.

As for the location, there is the usual Noida Sector 18 hangout, which includes drive+beer+pizza. Other locations are also open. For the benfit of people, I am attaching options of poll locations

EDIT:
Added Low Bass makers location. LBM, could you elaborate more on this location, if possible with directions on how to reach here from Noida/Delhi etc.,

Edit
We will go for LBMs location near surajkund.

Edit
So Guys this is the final plan.
This meet has two stages, the Surajkund stage, which involves checking out the rides etc., and the Farmhouse stage which involves eating drinking and making merry. You can come for either or both, depending upon what suits you better.
Surajkund

This is the location of the Surajkund stage. It is not too difficult to find.
Itis near Okhla & Badarpur border. You could come from Kalindi Kunj & turn left towards Faridabad & on the major red light before the border take a right towards Delhi/Tughlaqabad Fort. Then you have to take a left from infront of the fort.

People from East/South Delhi/Noida etc., will reach Sector 37 noida, Golf course at 3:15pm. From there the convoy will leave by 3:30pm as we want to be there by 4:15 definately.

Mostly people from Gurgaon are coming directly to the farmhouse
Others can come to surajkund too on their own. Its not too difficult and easily approachable from Mathura(Faridabad) road.

Around 5:30pm we will leave for the farm.
FOR PPL COMING FROM DELHI .....

Hit MG Road , heading towards Gurgaon . After crossing the demolished MG 1 store which will be on ur left , carry on driving straight . You will cross a few cuts in the divider .. dont bother with any of them till you reach the 1st Red Light ( not blinkers ) which may or may not be operational ( its a pretty moody traffic light ) . From that red light take a U-Turn ( 2 the right )back towards Delhi . Head back .. you will pass a petrol pump on your left ... stick to the left lane till you see a Big BOARD saying SHAKUNTLA FARMS . Take the left into a small lane ... you will get to a big gate manned by a few guards , enter and head straight , T-junction Right , then take the first left and come straight down and the farm is on the right hand side .

FOR PPL COMING FROM GURGAON

you guys have it very easy . Head towards Andheria Mor ... stick to the left after the only petrol pump on that stretch and you will see the SHAKUNTLA FARM board . Then follow directions posted above .

So guys here's the plan. Please call iraghava or me. If you are unsure of anything, leave a PM with your mobile number before tomorrow 1pm.
We will get back to you

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th August 2006 at 22:15.
Old 18th August 2006, 14:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have a suggestion on this and was discussing with our meet co-ordinater iraghava
here is the location which would be best suited for the meet.....

there are two major hotels of surajkund one this the hotel rajhans and hotel hill view and lots of open space.....
this will be near to everyone coming for the noida gurgaon or south delhi.....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 18th August 2006 at 14:52.
Old 18th August 2006, 14:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

man just asking irfan your profile says your location is mumbai and u have vote in all the option of the poll . what are you trying to prove.....
Old 18th August 2006, 14:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

TSK - Was wondering the other day when you were gonna land up and voila here you are !! Welcome back.

I liked the location LBM has proposed & plan on doing a recce of the same sometime in the next couple of days. The reason that no meets was done recently was because since Delhi & surrounding areas were on high alert so I didn't wanna hold a meet & attract the thullas. They would have troubled us a lot & we would have had to shell out money & face unecessary enquiries etc.

South Delhi I, II & III are not feasible partly because of lack of parking for so many cars & also there is not so much open space anywhere for us to converge at the same time. Plus again the nonsense of thullas is also there.

CP could be done on a Sunday I guess but I think we can vote for responses from more people before deciding.

P.S. I didn't vote for Noida as I think the current format has been done a few times & I think a change would be appreciated. Maybe we can attract more people too apart from the regulars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
EDIT:
Added Low Bass makers location. LBM, could you elaborate more on this location, if possible with directions on how to reach here from Noida/Delhi etc.,
TSK - This is near Okhla & Badarpur border. You could come from Kalindi Kunj & turn left towards Faridabad & on the major red light before the border take a right towards Delhi/Tughlaqabad Fort. Then you have to take a left from infront of the fort. If this is chosen I will provide full directions for everyone's benefit.

P.S. This place is also accessible from Saket, Okhla, GK, Kalkaji, VV etc.

Last edited by adya33 : 19th August 2006 at 23:42.
Old 18th August 2006, 15:09   #5
BHPian

Yeah!! it been a while , I am in...& that too at LBM's option
Old 18th August 2006, 19:54   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

YES !!! we all think alike ...

Just a few days back i was talkin to LBM, Iraghav bout a TBHP - Delhi meet. Count me in ... And i think LBM's location is purrfecto lots of open spaces in surajkund. Sector 18 has become a bit monotonous now
Old 18th August 2006, 20:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

hope this help in finding the location....
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...05564,0.015278

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
This is near Okhla & Badarpur border. You could come from Kalindi Kunj & turn left towards Faridabad & on the major red light before the border take a right towards Delhi/Tughlaqabad Fort. Then you have to take a left from infront of the fort.
like to add abit here

This is when coming from noida->
This is near Okhla & Badarpur border. You could come from Kalindi Kunj & turn left towards Faridabad & on the major red light (that is) before the border take a right towards Delhi/Tughlaqabad Fort/okhla. there is a round about take a left from there u will reach the crossing in the pic above...

here is a pic of the same.....
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/38528.jpg

the path shown in white is approx 3km form the crossing.....

the above location is the very famous , it is the place where the SURAJKUND MELA is held every year in Feb.
Old 18th August 2006, 20:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

I too have landed in Noida and TBHP after a long time and I am definitely in. I dont have a preference for location as i am not too familiar with the Delhi roads yet...so havn't voted. And because of my unfamiliarity with the roads, can i hitch a ride with someone. Tsk (or anyone heading out from Noida) would be ideal as i too am living in Noida (sector 62 near Fortis hospital).
Old 19th August 2006, 10:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

tanveer the delhi people are sure sleeping .....................120 views and only 9 replies........people in south are very active in meet..........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 19th August 2006 at 10:59.
Old 19th August 2006, 14:06   #10
BANNED

Like I said ... why dont we guys go do something when we meet !! I heard that there is a Paintball place thats opened up some place near Dam Dama lake !! Does anybody know more about it ... maybe we can meet up and go have some fun there .. Its amazing fun , anyone who's done it will vouch for that ..

Cheers
Old 19th August 2006, 18:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
tanveer the delhi people are sure sleeping .....................120 views and only 9 replies........people in south are very active in meet..........
Well, sticking only to Noida & G noida e'way and the likes may not necessarily be the most convenient option for everyone........
Old 19th August 2006, 19:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

the difference between the noida and surajkund place is just 15 kms which is not so far off....also like Iraghava suggested that the every time same place will make things boring so why not change the place it is just a suggestion but I think it is right to shift the venue.......

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...s_makker/s.jpg
Old 20th August 2006, 09:16   #13
BHPian

Oh boy, am going to miss this meet :(
logging in from s'pore. you'll have fun at the meet! and yup,watch out for thullas already at the end of their nerves.

will be waiting to see the pics online and smile over a beer (feeling rotten not being able to catch up and see some awesome vehicles!)

have fun chaps.
Old 20th August 2006, 10:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hang on a second! The 26th and 27th is a race weekend. So lets plan the meet around it. Qualifying is at 4.30 on saturday and race is at 5.30 sunday.
Old 20th August 2006, 10:52   #15
BHPian

lets meet at the hotel hill view first and then move onto the designated spot, However I wanted to share that this place is a Speedsters love zone..also very very accident prone as we have a quite a number of weirdo's doing high speed on the up's and downs and curves.....!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks