Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 23:40   #211
Team-BHP Support

O.T - posting a video of a run in esteem on AJC at midnight - can anybody guess the speed ??

http://www.youtube.com/v/e97cTvIhlYk

BP at the wheels of Rajarshi's esteem and vrooooom with the cam

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th September 2007 at 23:54.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:51   #212
Team-BHP Support

and here is another one -

http://www.youtube.com/v/kcqQrRXDvvA

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th September 2007 at 23:55.
Old 25th September 2007, 00:25   #213
Senior - BHPian

wowow! looks like you guys had fun on the flyover i have no clue about the speed BUT i loved the ICE in the second video (the one w/o the truck). take care guys! hope to see you soon.

"rain rain go away, my Baby wants to play..." (lets hope that it doesnt rain on Saturday)

Last edited by planet_rocker : 25th September 2007 at 00:31.
Old 25th September 2007, 00:28   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
can anybody guess the speed ??
If a range is permitted , 135 to 145?!
Old 25th September 2007, 00:30   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
If a range is permitted , 135 to 145?!
the first one behind the truck was 130 and the second one 165ish
Old 25th September 2007, 00:34   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- there were no cops! what about the patroling jeeps that are illegally parked on the flyover. thats shuvd's playground as well. you guys didnt see him there?
Old 25th September 2007, 00:39   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just checked the first one (as somehow I thought both are the same!). You wouldn't beleive, youtube conection from office is so slow here!

Just checked the second one, the cam used to shoot this is totally confused. Infact the visual effect is not there at all. Wouldn't have been able to guess at all.

Last edited by 1100D : 25th September 2007 at 00:44.
Old 25th September 2007, 00:44   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You wouldn't beleive, Youtube conection from office is so slow here!
at least you can view the videos from office... we dont even have that luxury . but why am I saying this? you already know this unless you have forgotten it in a few months
Old 25th September 2007, 00:47   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just checked the second one, the cam used to shoot this is totally confused. Infact the visual effect is not there at all. Wouldn't have been able to guess at all.
not confused but totally scared..
Old 25th September 2007, 00:58   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
not confused but totally scared..
On the second video, who was sitting inside the Indica? I saw its brake lights turn on for a moment after the esteem passed. Even the Indica turned red in fear.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:00   #221
BHPian

Awesome BP!! That's some quick driving...

OT: Had a nightmarish experience on the flyover today. We had decided to leave office early today since it was absolutely pouring since 5PM. Unfortunately, the match delayed us a bit and we finally left around 6:45PM. After what seemed like at eternity through blinding rain and knee deep water near Victoria memorial, finally hit the flyover at 7:15PM.

Guess how long it took us to traverse the length of the flyover that I take at 120km/hr every morning... 15 mins? 30mins? 1hr? nopes, it took us exactly 2 hrs to reach the other end.. I had never realised the effing flyover was that long!!

But the misery didn't end there... park circus resembled the Bay of Bengal, with the hazard lights of cars stuck at various places blinking like small little ship beacons!! Parked my car to the right, just before the flyover ended, and decided to wait for the water to recede... minutes turned into hours but the water level didn't go down an inch. Finally at 11PM, with my throat parched (so ironical!!) and stomach rumbling, finally decided to take the plunge (literally!!)... drove through Bonnet deep water, first at Park Circus (opp Zeeshan), then near Birla Temple, then in front of Pantaloons Gariahat and finally the last stretch to my garage.

Reached home at 11:45 after wading through 500 meters of the dirtiest water one could imagine (I actually saw a couple of dead rats floating, which is not surprising since I live right next to the Gariahat market).... Yuck!!!

Never again am I gonna take chances with rain in Kolkata... there were at least 5-6 times that I thought the car's gonna stall... major shuddering and all, but thankfully it didn't. Drove in 1st gear and half clutch throughout the submerged parts, don't think my car's gonna take that very kindly. Anyway, will only get to know once I take it out - no point in worrying now
Old 25th September 2007, 01:22   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Never again am I gonna take chances with rain in Kolkata... there were at least 5-6 times that I thought the car's gonna stall... major shuddering and all, but thankfully it didn't. Drove in 1st gear and half clutch throughout the submerged parts, don't think my car's gonna take that very kindly. Anyway, will only get to know once I take it out - no point in worrying now
If your car's made it thru the Bay-of-Bengal, it will be fine. But this is exactly the reason why I love Calcutta, (what's calcutta without waterlogging?). I take every chance with the Rain (and my home folks, when its raining). But rain before the Puja's are becoming quite common. Thankfully it provides a respite from the madenning crowd that overflows onto the streets.

But 2 hours on AJC Bose rd, how did you spend that time?
Old 25th September 2007, 02:11   #223
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it would have been better wading in the Bay of Bengal.
Hum tow khare khare loot gaye :(

Guys, I'm in all probability dropping out of the Saturday drive. Car is in a mess (ref my thread - Help ! Baleno under water). I'm sure car won't be up and running by this weekend.

@planet - silver arrow kay liye dua karo !!
Old 25th September 2007, 02:20   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Maybe it would have been better wading in the Bay of Bengal.
Hum tow khare khare loot gaye :(

Guys, I'm in all probability dropping out of the Saturday drive. Car is in a mess (ref my thread - Help ! Baleno under water). I'm sure car won't be up and running by this weekend.

@planet - silver arrow kay liye dua karo !!
Like I mentioned in your thread also, please rush and if you have your kids rubber-cloth or any remnants of it, (even plastic) cover the intake pipe with it. You will need a thread/rubber band too. This will prevent any water from entering the throttle body/engine. You'll need to plug the intake manifold breather as well.
Old 25th September 2007, 09:24   #225
BHPian

Quote:
But this is exactly the reason why I love Calcutta, (what's calcutta without waterlogging?). I take every chance with the Rain (and my home folks, when its raining).
Trust me Anirban, it sounds really romantic and adventurous from the sidelines, but being in the middle of a situation like that is no fun at all. When you are stuck with your car in the middle of a deluge like yesterday's, you have zero options - can't go back, can't go forward, can't stay put for long either (no food, no water). I'm glad I took the chance and ventured into the Bay of Bengal when I did, 'cause the water level has not receded this morning too!! This is crazy stuff... KMC's saying even if there's no rain after Monday evening, the water won't recede till Wednesday afternoon. What kind of a drainage system does this city have, if it takes 36 hours of 'No Rain' to clear the roads?

Quote:
But 2 hours on AJC Bose rd, how did you spend that time?
Believe it or not, I was in front of HHI when the last over was being bowled. And I knew India had won when I saw people jumping in their rooms in unison

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks