Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 21:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Update : Went to Mahi Valley Resort and PG Vatika ( the restaurant after the Sindhrot bridge ).

1) Mahi Valley resort.
a) The route is a bit tricky. Not recommended on two wheelers. Not the best route.
b) Location is nice.
c) When I went there at around 6:45 pm, there was no body i.e. no customer. I wonder how he is able to run business.
d) Considering very low number of customers, I doubt if the food provided will be fresh enough.
e) No reservations required for 8-12 people. We just have to visit the place.

2) PG Vatika.
f) Rs. 200 per head package.
g) Package includes 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm tea/coffee. Next, 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm buffet dinner.
h) No reservations required, we just have to go there.

IMHO, after the no. of members joining in are fixed, I will again talk with them.
Prakruti resort is a good option too, but I am not very impressed with fun center ( former Hakuna Matuna ). The place is not very peaceful as much as we think.

My preference for the date is 18th evening.
The places in accordance to priority in my list are :
1) Prakruti resort.
2) PG Vatika.
3) Mahi Valley resort
4) Tapi

Others, do pour in your opinions on locations and your preferred date.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 28th September 2009 at 21:36.
Old 29th September 2009, 09:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
An update regarding the venue choice although I will not be able to make it for this meet.

Was the Tandoor yesterday. The Waghodiya road is being widened and is also bad in parts. The drive to this place will be pathetic. Secondly was not very happy with the food and service ; so I would not vote this place in for the meet.

If you guys want to settle in for an hours drive and a good place to hang out - may I recommend the 'Caravan Serai'. It is on the Pavagadh-Jambughoda road. It has lush lawns, a pool (extra cost per person) and you could stay there in caravans over the night if you want to. Food is good & resonably priced too.

Ciao
Caravan Serai has kind of become a regular hangout for me and some of my friends. I've been there at least 5 times in the last two months. Its a quick getaway from Vadodara and I love the pool!
Old 29th September 2009, 10:46   #48
BHPian

the_maassk - I would PM you for more info on Caravan Serai. Might visit that place when I am there.

Abhinav - I would be reaching Vadodara on 18th evening and would join in for the dinner. I am planning a detour from my regular route and planning to visit Saputara (Pune - Saputara - Vadodara); so instead of 17th, I would be coming to Vadodara on 18th evening.

Guys - I would need your help on the road condition / which route to be taken from Pune to Saputara. I have started a thread on that under route queries.

Nice to see the thread build up and enthusiasm for the first meet at Vadodara.
Old 30th September 2009, 16:35   #49
BHPian

Just got a tentative confirmation from another member on email - Dharmesh from Jamnagar. He is eager to join the meet but is unable to post so on the thread because his account on the forums is still not confirmed.
Old 30th September 2009, 23:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
Just got a tentative confirmation from another member on email - Dharmesh from Jamnagar. He is eager to join the meet but is unable to post so on the thread because his account on the forums is still not confirmed.
Nice to see the number rising!
Do post the date and timing you prefer. That way we can arrive at a decision that is most practical.

And do tell me where the Caravan Serai. Will go there and have a look. If the initial cost target is not exceeded ( per head charges ) by a huge margin, we can consider it too.
Also can you inquire in Prakruti resort that whether any sort of booking/reservation is required or not ?

Tomorrow I am at Himmatnagar, and will be able to inquire only day after tomorrow.
Old 30th September 2009, 23:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Do post the date and timing you prefer. That way we can arrive at a decision that is most practical..Tomorrow I am at Himmatnagar, and will be able to inquire only day after tomorrow.
Would request that it not be kept on Diwali / New Year's day. Would be tough to break away from family.

And what a coincidence am going to be in and around Himatnagar too tomm!!
Old 1st October 2009, 00:40   #52
BHPian

[quote=aaggoswami;1509239]
And do tell me where the Caravan Serai. Will go there and have a look. If the initial cost target is not exceeded ( per head charges ) by a huge margin, we can consider it too.

As I mentioned in my post on this thread, it is on the Pavagadh-Jambughoda route. Caravan Serai is immediately after the village called Shivrajpur. I have a cell phone # of a manager there named Ganesh - 9825035023. Do not know if he is still there or not; but worth trying.

You can get to know see about this place on this link the caravan serai at Shivrajpur on the Jambughoda sanctuary road by santhemant - Vadodara Travelogues | Vadodara Reviews

Cheers, Sam
Old 1st October 2009, 09:15   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Do post the date and timing you prefer. That way we can arrive at a decision that is most practical.

Also can you inquire in Prakruti resort that whether any sort of booking/reservation is required or not ?

Tomorrow I am at Himmatnagar, and will be able to inquire only day after tomorrow.
Like Sam said - Caravan Serai is just after Shivrajpur. It takes just over an hour to reach there from Vadodara. The charges normally are 200 bucks (negotiated) per head for morning till evening and it includes unlimited use of the pool, breakfast and lunch.

I'll find out from Prakruti Resort about reservation requirements. I'll use the tentative dates and head count as last mentioned in the thread.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:56   #54
BHPian

Yes, it would be better that the meet not happens on 19th. It would be difficult to be away from the family that day.

Any date from 18th evening to 22nd evening is fine with me.
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
1) Would request that it not be kept on Diwali / New Year's day. Would be tough to break away from family.

2) And what a coincidence am going to be in and around Himatnagar too tomm!!
1) OK. I think Diwali is on 17th and new year day is on 19th. How about 21st Oct evening ?

2) Before I read this, I was in Himmatnagar. I went there to attend some ritual as my father's grandmother expired around 7-8 days ago. I thought of meeting you, but I read this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
3) As I mentioned in my post on this thread, it is on the Pavagadh-Jambughoda route. Caravan Serai is immediately after the village called Shivrajpur. I have a cell phone # of a manager there named Ganesh - 9825035023. Do not know if he is still there or not; but worth trying.

You can get to know see about this place on this link the caravan serai at Shivrajpur on the Jambughoda sanctuary road by santhemant - Vadodara Travelogues | Vadodara Reviews

Cheers, Sam
3) Thanks a lot. Will have to go and figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post

4) Like Sam said - Caravan Serai is just after Shivrajpur. It takes just over an hour to reach there from Vadodara. The charges normally are 200 bucks (negotiated) per head for morning till evening and it includes unlimited use of the pool, breakfast and lunch.

5) I'll find out from Prakruti Resort about reservation requirements. I'll use the tentative dates and head count as last mentioned in the thread.
4) I will inquire more about this place. Fact is if we are going to have this meet on 21st oct, then I dont think we will end up in waiting list.

5) Ok. Do update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
6)Ys, it would be better that the meet not happens on 19th. It would be difficult to be away from the family that day.

Any date from 18th evening to 22nd evening is fine with me.
6) Yes, I think its better to have it on 21st evening. 19th, my calender says is a new year day, so 19/20 I think all will be busy in new year, so I am thinking of having this meet on 21st.
Old 7th October 2009, 08:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

The final list is :
aaggoswami
advaitlele
the_maassk
Knighthawk
David Murx
Bapu ( from Ahmedabad )
Jeeper
Nisarg86 ( from Ahmedabad )

The best venue IMO is Mahi valley resort as its really peaceful. Next we have PG vatika and Prakruti resort in that order as per my opinion.
The date as per my opinion is 21st-Oct-2009.

Give out your views those who are planning to join.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:57   #57
BHPian

The plan seems good. I am ok for 21st evening @ Mahi resort. It would be a good drive also.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
The final list is :
Bapu ( from Ahmedabad )
Nisarg86 ( from Ahmedabad )

............The date as per my opinion is 21st-Oct-2009.

Give out your views those who are planning to join.
Hi,

Am open for the location. But would request if date is kept for 20th evening. 19th is new year so 20th evening could be free for all. 21st happens to be a working day.

But then if it suits all... we'll make it
Old 9th October 2009, 14:40   #59
BHPian

I will be on a weeklong leave so am not really bothered about working days in that week

But if the majority feels its a working day, let it be 20th.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:46   #60
BHPian

Am fine with either 20th or 21st. Am planning to be back in town from Delhi by 20th morning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks