Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:38   #31
BHPian

Abhinav - Got your PM. I am in.

Had been out of country since 2006; and I would be coming to Vadodara after 3 years for a long stay (5 days) and meeting my folks back home. That itself is a nice feeling. Add to it the first TBHP meet; thats like sone pe suhaga.

So its going to be boys' day out . I am absolutely fine with that.

If there are more numbers - most likely so - my vote is for Sindhrot road restaurant. that used to be my favorite place for drives in college days. I think I am getting nostalgic; better end my post.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:45   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Got the PM and here I am responding. I welcome this idea of TBHP Vadodara meet but my Diwali plans were already finalised exactly for those dates!! I leave on 18 morning & arrive on 23rd Oct
Driving into the deserts .. what else

So count me out if the dates are same; count me in if you defer or prepone.

Cheers,
Sam

PS :
1. Leave the spouses out if this is expected to be a 3-4 hr affair.
2. Having an agenda is also a good idea to have a constructive meeting. This should be done after participating maembers are finalised. Same with the venue.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Dr. Bharat Patel ( tbhp handle joi de vivre ) is leaving for a family trip and will not be able to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Got the PM and here I am responding. I welcome this idea of TBHP Vadodara meet but my Diwali plans were already finalized exactly for those dates!! I leave on 18 morning & arrive on 23rd Oct

So count me out if the dates are same; count me in if you defer or prepone.
Unfortunately the dates cannot be changed as the thread starter advaitlele is coming here on 17. He will actually leave from Pune on 17.
Exactly the same days he is here, you have to leave. Next time buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
Well, the plan really seems good and would be wonderful if things work out. I am in and would love to meet the fellow bhpians of my city. Looking forward in this thread to check out the finale.
Thanks for confirmation David.

Right now the list of those who are ready to join is :
aaggoswami
advaitlele
the_maassk
Knighthawk
David Murx.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Got the pm from aaggoswami

as said before, i won't be able to make it to the t-bhp meet.

though for places, i would like to give my opinion if it ain't a problem with ya'll.

if there are less/more members, please do a meet at mahi valley resort. That place has all the makings of a superhit meet. consider the following points in favor of mahi valley resort
- a long drive (15-20kms only) to mahi valley would help you guys ride your vehicles and enjoy it
- the approach road to mahi valley from main road is full of twisties though a bit narrow, would be a hoot to test limits of cars
- the awesome views from the resort is something i still love. especially in the evening.
- its not too crowded too. so you can have fun without disturbing others
- the food is quite good and it isn't too expensive too.
- it will help you all escape the madness of city for a short time. its peaceful

my second option would be prakruti/tandoor if there are lesser members. i won't prefer a meet in baroda itself even if there are 10-15 members because if its a weekend, its gonna be very very crowded. you all know what i mean.

if you need any help, do let me know, i will do all i can to help you organize a successful meet.

cheers
Old 24th September 2009, 13:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Got the pm from aaggoswami
as said before, i won't be able to make it to the t-bhp meet.
though for places, i would like to give my opinion if it ain't a problem with ya'll.
if you need any help, do let me know, i will do all i can to help you organize a successful meet.
Thanks! Its really surprising to see your posts that are very informative for different places. You are really helping me out.
The firs thing is that tandoor is a bit too far if i am not wrong. Next in line is Mahi valley resort.
And I will be taking my bike not baleno or M800. Reason : If I want to break free, its possible only on bike. Hope mom does not interfere in this plan because just a few days ago I was caught doing 80 in city on bike. Lets see how many members agree for the meet.

Right now the list stands :
aaggoswami
advaitlele
the_maassk
Knighthawk
David Murx
Bapu ( from Ahmedabad ).
Old 24th September 2009, 17:13   #36
BHPian

Wow, nice to see the participants number growing.

I would be in my car so would have 3 seats vacant. Want to fast forward to the vacation and go in the meet.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:27   #37
BHPian

As for now Count me in as such no planned schedule during proposed window so far.

As this meet is going to be more talks than food, preference shall be quite place somewhere out side the city.

I am fine with any location as most discussed are within maximum of half an hour drive.

Hakunamtata is now known as "Fun time" and not a bad place, if group agrees for Fun Time / Tandoor the owners of both places are within known group, shall be able to obtain prefered service.

My vehicle can also acomodate 03 member.
Old 24th September 2009, 22:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
As for now Count me in as such no planned schedule during proposed window so far.

As this meet is going to be more talks than food, preference shall be quite place somewhere out side the city.

I am fine with any location as most discussed are within maximum of half an hour drive.

Hakunamtata is now known as "Fun time" and not a bad place, if group agrees for Fun Time / Tandoor the owners of both places are within known group, shall be able to obtain prefered service.

My vehicle can also acomodate 03 member.
@ jeeper:
Nice to have you in the list.
Never knew that people have so much contacts for these places. First The_Maassk and now its you!
As mentioned earlier, the place will be decided 7 Oct as 5 Oct is the preliminary last date for confirmation.
The list now stands at :
aaggoswami
advaitlele
the_maassk
Knighthawk
David Murx
Bapu ( from Ahmedabad )
Jeeper.
Old 26th September 2009, 04:32   #39
BHPian

Mane Pan Invite Kari Lo .
Abhinav. Confirm the date with other members and let me know. would be good fun.
Old 26th September 2009, 08:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Mane Pan Invite Kari Lo .
Abhinav. Confirm the date with other members and let me know. would be good fun.

Great! Never thought that this thread will get so much response. The date for meet is either of 18,19,20,21 Oct. After 5th, based upon number of members who are ready to join in, the exact date and time will be fixed along with venue.
I am right now adding you to the list, which now stands :
aaggoswami
advaitlele
the_maassk
Knighthawk
David Murx
Bapu ( from Ahmedabad )
Jeeper
Nisarg86 ( from Ahmedabad ).
Old 26th September 2009, 18:13   #41
BHPian

Hi. Just wish if most of the fellow BHPians of Vadodara join this meet. As far as place is concerned would like to share that i have had a very bad experience at Vaidehi just opposite to Prakruti Resort. The food was very pathetic. We had just tasted and left the food. Wanted to just tell this so that same thing doesn't happen when we are planning for a good diwali.
Old 26th September 2009, 22:56   #42
BHPian

Met Nisarg and Bapu in Ahmedabad today and they have confirmed in person that they would come for the meet. There might be two more potential candidates coming in from Ahmedabad. I'll confirm with them and update Abhinav.
Old 27th September 2009, 09:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
Just wish if most of the fellow BHPians of Vadodara join this meet. As far as place is concerned would like to share that i have had a very bad experience at Vaidehi just opposite to Prakruti Resort. The food was very pathetic. We had just tasted and left the food. Wanted to just tell this so that same thing doesn't happen when we are planning for a good diwali.
I had dropped PM to all the members ( one was exception as he was yet to give email confirmation ). Some have replied by PM that they will not be able to join in. Some have replied through email about the same. There are two more members I will get in touch with through phone and update the thread.
Thanks for food warning. Last when we went to Vaidehi, it was good, didn't know food quality has dropped. From our experience, I have obserevd that their quality is very fluctuating, but overall nice. Thanks for the warning, its now out of question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
Met Nisarg and Bapu in Ahmedabad today and they have confirmed in person that they would come for the meet. There might be two more potential candidates coming in from Ahmedabad. I'll confirm with them and update Abhinav.
Wow, a mini meet at A'bad before Vadodara meet! I am glad to know that more people are ready to join. Do update the thread. Tuesday I am planning to visit Mahi Valley resort, and then give update here. I got good reviews from many people about this and next I will visit PG Vatika ( joi de vivre informed me about the name ), the restaurant near Sindhrot bridge.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 27th September 2009 at 09:48.
Old 28th September 2009, 17:15   #44
BHPian

An update regarding the venue choice although I will not be able to make it for this meet.

Was the Tandoor yesterday. The Waghodiya road is being widened and is also bad in parts. The drive to this place will be pathetic. Secondly was not very happy with the food and service ; so I would not vote this place in for the meet.

If you guys want to settle in for an hours drive and a good place to hang out - may I recommend the 'Caravan Serai'. It is on the Pavagadh-Jambughoda road. It has lush lawns, a pool (extra cost per person) and you could stay there in caravans over the night if you want to. Food is good & resonably priced too.

Ciao
Old 28th September 2009, 17:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Was the Tandoor yesterday. The Waghodiya road is being widened and is also bad in parts. The drive to this place will be pathetic. Secondly was not very happy with the food and service ; so I would not vote this place in for the meet.

If you guys want to settle in for an hours drive and a good place to hang out - may I recommend the 'Caravan Serai'. It is on the Pavagadh-Jambughoda road. It has lush lawns, a pool (extra cost per person) and you could stay there in caravans over the night if you want to. Food is good & resonably priced too.
First of all, thanks for the tip.
I have traveled from Parul institute to my home in gotri area in 35 mins. 28 kms in 35 mins. on my bike. You are absolutely correct for road which is still worked upon. Tandoor would be good for those who are coming from A'bad., thats why not closing that option.

I dont think that anyone would be ready to stay overnight specially considering that its diwali period. But let others pour out their opinion too. I have already checked out at Tapi. The food was just about OK, cost reasonable, but advance booking has to be done for Diwali period. That is what I could inquire today.
Again, thanks for the words of caution for Tandoor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks