Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
1) I think we should start PM'ing and getting confirmation as soon as possible. People have already started planning Diwali vacations.

2) The Go-Kart stuff has reopened. I had been there a couple of weeks ago.

The Mahi Valley resort and the one I am talking about are different. Might need to make a trip to both to check them out. Abhinav, game to check them out this weekend sometime? We'll get Knighthawk to come with us.
1) Will start this work tonight.

2) First lets us get an approximate number. Then we can exactly decide where to go. If my job confirmation comes down, I will be busy this weekend and even on Dusherra.

IMHO, the plan must be :

1) Start PM to individual members. ( I'll initiate this tonigh and keep the thread updated ).
2) Get confirmations by 10th Oct. along with some primary details like preference for place, which date out of 17,18,19,20,21 and at what time.
Once this data is with us, we can plan in such a way that its optimum for all. We are ready to go to almost any place, but that might not be true for others. May be two option as per priority will be helpful data.
3) Formalities at the place where are planning to meet. The time IMHO will be from 11-16 Oct. for this, so we can have a bit of buffer time with us.

What are your opinions and others opinion on this ?
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Gave this stuff a lot of thinking. Rather than asking others to give out their opinion, lets first fix the venue. The cost must not exceed Rs. 500 per head. That is the max amount that I have initially decided.
This is the first thing we need to decide, venue. And then the cost parameter. After this we will PM all the members. As this is our first meet ( and I am sure I want to attend this ).

My personal opinion for such a place are :
more members/less members

1) Tapi Restaurant/ Pizza Hut
2) The resort just after the Sindhrot bridge/Hotel Rangooli ( in front of Kalyan Cafe )
3) McD at Inox ( minimum parking issue ).
4) Goodies restaurant, Gotri.

Please respond with whatever others have in mind. By tomorrow we will decide the venue, then inquire about cost.
Once this is done, from Thursday, we will start PMing others with all the details about venue and cost per head. In the PM we will ask for approximate timings they are comfortable with.

EDIT : I am currently updating the list I am having. Tomorrow I will post the updated list.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 23rd September 2009 at 00:00.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:23   #18
BHPian

Thanks Abhinav for taking this up!

As I said before - any venue is okay for me. So count my vote irrespective of the location.

Keeping my fingers crossed so that this meet does happen
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:27   #19
BHPian

Ahmedabad :)

Hi,

I take it upon myself to invite myself to the Baroda meet

Will keep checking this thread and if things work out, this member from Ahmedabad also shall be there!!

It shall be great to meet up with other members.

What say??
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:16   #20
BHPian

Abhinav - You are on right track.

As I said in earlier post I am ok with any place as my info on places in Vadodara is 3+ yrs old. I didnt even know Vadodara has Inox and McD now

Regarding cost factor - If we are planning for Pizza Hut - approx would be 400 per head from my exp in Pune, Mumbai, Hyd and other cities. McD would be abt 250/300. Any other place, I dont know.

I would be driving from Pune on 17th morning, reaching there by afternoon. So any date / time from 18th 22nd is fine with me.

@ Bapu - Ofcourse we would all like to see you on the first ever meet at Vadodara. Aavi jaao, majaa aavshe.

Abhinav and other unmarried folks - this is not for you.
@ All - how about spouce? Do we make it a family meet or strictly BHPians meet?
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

1) @the_mask:
Glad to know that you are open to any location. I am up there with you. This meet is surely going to take place, mostly at Pizza Hut or McD at Inox. Sure, they are not silent places, but we can be assured that the cost is not high and there is relatively less parking hassle.

I will be finalizing on notes that one can turn up at the place, and as we are planning to have food, there will be no fixed menu, and most probably the overall cost will be divided into the no. of members. Considering that there are not a huge number of members, reservations will not be done. Its sort of walkin, but I will be making temperory arragement and will be at the venue somewhat early. Around 4 pm, this thread will be updated with the latest member list and venue.

2) @bapu, for sure you can join in, this is pleasant surprise for us. I will be keeping this thread updated.

Quote:
Abhinav and other unmarried folks - this is not for you.
@ All - how about spouce? Do we make it a family meet or strictly BHPians meet?
You are planning to make this family meet ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 23rd September 2009 at 10:21.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
My personal opinion for such a place are :
more members/less members

1) Tapi Restaurant/ Pizza Hut
2) The resort just after the Sindhrot bridge/Hotel Rangooli ( in front of Kalyan Cafe )
3) McD at Inox ( minimum parking issue ).
4) Goodies restaurant, Gotri.
Imho, goodies restaurant is not the place to have a meet. its more of hangout place for youngsters. if its a family cum bhpian meet, it would be crowded and uncomfortable there. also you all won't be able to enjoy chit chatting while having dinner. same goes for any other fast food joint.

if all members can agree to go to outskirts i have another suggestion. prakruti resort near channi octroi. if you are more than 10 15 persons, you can book an outdoor space and have dinner or you can always go in the restaurant. and food was good when i ate in april 09 there.

if you all want peace of mind, get away from crowded city, mahi valley resort/tandoor restaurant is the best place. you can all get to drive your vehicles for long ride, enjoy the ride, have fun while on the way...remember sindhrot bridge? and these places are not crowded, so you can take your sweet time, having dinner as well as chit chatting.

also there is a kismat kathyawadi restaurant in nizampura just opposite of honda showroom. as per reviews, it has good food.

even though i am not going to come, i am feeling excited with a meet in baroda

just my 2 cents.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:05   #23
BHPian

Abhinav - I am putting a question for the folks; just came to my mind if we can bring our better halves (GFs included for unmarried guys). This is open question; I am ok either ways.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Abhinav - I am putting a question for the folks; just came to my mind if we can bring our better halves (GFs included for unmarried guys). This is open question; I am ok either ways.
Personal opinion - I'd leave the ladies behind ;-). Except for a minuscule percentage of the fairer sex, I am yet to come across any who like talking automobiles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Imho, goodies restaurant is not the place to have a meet. its more of hangout place for youngsters. if its a family cum bhpian meet, it would be crowded and uncomfortable there. also you all won't be able to enjoy chit chatting while having dinner. same goes for any other fast food joint.

- Agree

if all members can agree to go to outskirts i have another suggestion. prakruti resort near channi octroi. if you are more than 10 15 persons, you can book an outdoor space and have dinner or you can always go in the restaurant. and food was good when i ate in april 09 there.

- Good option for location. I know them personally. The place is within reach and yet open air if you wish. The food is excellent. Can get a good deal for a buffet if we so agree. Parking is also a non issue.

if you all want peace of mind, get away from crowded city, mahi valley resort/tandoor restaurant is the best place. you can all get to drive your vehicles for long ride, enjoy the ride, have fun while on the way...remember sindhrot bridge? and these places are not crowded, so you can take your sweet time, having dinner as well as chit chatting.

- I've love to be at a place which is a small drive away!

also there is a kismat kathyawadi restaurant in nizampura just opposite of honda showroom. as per reviews, it has good food.

even though i am not going to come, i am feeling excited with a meet in baroda

just my 2 cents.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

1) Was considering Prakruti Resort too. Infact in BCA project, we were to make walk through of this resort.

2) Mahi Valley resort is something I am not having experience with. Tandoor is also on similar lines. My inclination is towards the restaurant that is just after the sindhrot bridge.
The fact is that the venue is highly dependent on no. of persons that are planning to come. If there are 5 persons, a place like Prakruti resort is not the place we will enjoy IMHO.

3) IMHO, this meet without ladies is the best meet. My family members cannot tolerate me talking cars, and I am aware that not everybody likes talking cars.

4) Today I will start PM after putting up the entire list here for reference.
The tentative places are :
a) The restaurant after Sindhrot bridge.
b) Mahi Valley resort.
c) Tandoor restaurant.
d) Prakuti Resort.

And if there are less than 5 humans joining in, its MCD at Inox. We can park inside so parking will not be that big a problem. Next will be Vaidahi restaurant that is near Prakruti resort.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

The recent Vadodara/Baroda TBHP member list:
aaggoswami
advaitlele
amanbhat
Anurag_Gupta
axat11pat
bharat varsani
Bob
burntrubber
David Murx
H2O
hotmale.sb
joie-de-vivre
lightinin95
narenjhatakia
peculiar1
rauf_sgs
Ravi Kashyap
SANTOSH77
the_maassk
trivedishivam
31 Dodger
3fast-3furious
adityamunshi
agpcool
ajayamin
alexphill
animalistic
ashishsbhatt
atreyagm
bryce
chevelle
chokxxi90210
coolcupid
Crowbar
gaurav46
harshpurohit11
Jeeper
jeepswithsimple
Kartik9500
knighthawk
koolguy_ani
kprashant
Mohan Sharma
nishadmehta
Possible.Car
rajhurtalot
sameerjindal
sanjayingle
Siddharthpatel
sn48001
From Ahmebabad, its Bapu.

I will now start PMing all members listed down here.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 23rd September 2009 at 15:55.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:18   #27
BHPian

Well, the plan really seems good and would be wonderful if things work out. I am in and would love to meet the fellow bhpians of my city. Looking forward in this thread to check out the finale.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

I have PMed all the members. Next, I will be emailing those whose email ID are with me.

AdityaMunshi has informed me that he will not be able to come for the meet due to exams and exam preparation. He did tell that others have also contacted him, but due to studies, he could not reply.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:25   #29

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome
Looks good. We could go check the venues out near sindhrot, it would give a good idea of the costs as well. We could also keep 2 venue options, and finalise it after the no of confirmations.
As far as the ladies are concerned, i personally feel, it would be better without them :P ( No offences )
Otherwise am open to any date, any venue
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome
Looks good. We could go check the venues out near sindhrot, it would give a good idea of the costs as well. We could also keep 2 venue options, and finalise it after the no of confirmations.
As far as the ladies are concerned, i personally feel, it would be better without them :P ( No offences )
The plan is to go hunting for different places by 5 th Oct. Atleast we need to know how many persons are coming.
And yes, two options, but the venue can only be decided when we get some confirmations. For example, if we are less than 6 members, I think we can opt. for a place that is not so far IMHO.
About ladies, well, for them automotive vehicles are just machines, for us they are more than machines. So, its better if they are not brought into this. Once we are familier with each other, we can hold family meets, but not when we have all the automotive talks in our heads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks