Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 19:33   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
Get gas worth 500 at a BPCL pump and get one free business hours pass
I got 3 passes with a 1700 Rs fillup
Is there any other way to get the passes? Can we get the passes at the venue by paying some fees?
Old 24th December 2009, 22:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I honestly think we should start thinking impromptu smaller groups rather than one huge meet - in the absence of a proper venue (as in large farmhouse), coordinating a "MEAT" of this kind will be a nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
well, lets go to flames at 6:30 pm that day. individual billing to hoti hi hai, and let the management handle the pain..
I agree with Shashank, let's not step back from organizing this MEGA MEAT just because one venue option is closed. Let's invade Flames or Storm or whatever, with prior warning to the management!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
Hi Guys,

I m in too. Anyway, Please feel free to allocate any responsibility towards our meat (err.... meet) to me, since I am based out of Delhi itself. Cheers! ashish
Ok Ashish, here's your responsibility- find us a place that can accommodate 50-100 folks with little or no charge! Just kidding, but it'll be great if you can suggest something!
Old 25th December 2009, 14:13   #138
BHPian

Hi Everyone. I'll be there at the Auto Expo. Am coming from Sikkim just for that and will be there through-out. Am really excited and looking forward to meeting everybody. Please tell me where and when. I'd put my cell number here but am not sure if it's allowed. See ya guys soon.
Old 26th December 2009, 02:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

50-100 people in Flames? Shashank, have you gone mad? With 20-odd people there's a problem with space in that venue (they do a fairly regular & loyal clientele on account of their lowish prices) so fitting 5 times that number of people is going to be impossible.

Unless of course, one can take an initiative & book the whole place. Else, look for another farm house.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:18   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I would be going from noida on the 8th Friday and probably after that on the last day on monday 11th.Anyone interested in comming along?

8th friday (15.25%) ,9th saturday (38.98%) Rest (45.76%).Guys saturday and sundays are really bad days to go if you really want to enjoy all the cars.If possible try and avoid it on saturday and sunday.
me from Vasundhara. Haven't decided the dates yet but planning to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
50-100 people in Flames? Shashank, have you gone mad? With 20-odd people there's a problem with space in that venue (they do a fairly regular & loyal clientele on account of their lowish prices) so fitting 5 times that number of people is going to be impossible.

Unless of course, one can take an initiative & book the whole place. Else, look for another farm house.
Pragati maidan won't be the right place to meet in such a large group. Instead let individuals or small group visit the expo as per their comfort and lets meet together at a different venue. MG road has lots of farm house which can be ideal for large group gathering. If everyone agrees we can try and figure out the cost and book it. This will turn relaxing and away from crowd where everyone meets and discuss the happenings. Lets also figure if we have projectors where we share some moments lived in expo

Last edited by abbey4u : 26th December 2009 at 13:21.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:28   #141
BHPian

Guys, any bhpian staying at Noida can go to Superstars (Sec. 18-right next to Kebab Factory) and can try to negotiate a deal with them. I guess they can accomodate around 70 people with chairs / sofas placed in series with the walls...
Old 26th December 2009, 17:55   #142
Senior - BHPian

I can provide the place very similar to Zuchero`s Place but it has no electricity connection. It is just a vacant plot in Sec-15 Faridabad. We have to get a genset for the lighting and stuff..What say guys ???
Old 26th December 2009, 18:23   #143
Senior - BHPian

Trust you for coming up with some bizzarre suggestion..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I can provide the place very similar to Zuchero`s Place but it has no electricity connection. It is just a vacant plot in Sec-15 Faridabad. We have to get a genset for the lighting and stuff..What say guys ???
Old 26th December 2009, 18:41   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Trust you for coming up with some bizzarre suggestion..!
Gd sir not bizarre...But the difference between Zuchero and my place is just the electricity connection. Rest everything is the same.
Old 26th December 2009, 19:51   #145
Senior - BHPian

Hey LBM: Will the genset power your music system? That SHOULD ROCK us man.

BTW, am still undecided about coming as work is a little erratic!
Old 27th December 2009, 18:14   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Dude..there is not going to be another farmhouse. 10 days are left. Give me a better option ?

we can just call them and warn them, to expect 50-100 people...rest is their problem.

Anyone else has a better solution, then please come up with it ? Otherwise its either flames or the meetup is going down the drain as many others.

EDIT :

Oops..did not see LBM's post. LBM paaji..we only need electricity for lights and thats probably about it. Not sure how many lights would be required ? Can a portable Genset do that or a big one is needed ?

Last edited by Shashank.A : 27th December 2009 at 18:18.
Old 27th December 2009, 20:08   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how many lights would be required ? Can a portable Genset do that or a big one is needed ?
My guess is that a big genset will help (the sort that do the duties for weddings etc.), maybe we can rent one from a caterer. That said, we also need chairs, a few coal-based heaters, tables for hosting foods and beverages and all, so we can all pool in money and get stuff from a professional. What say, guys?

The only hitch i see is Brrrr Brrr cold of an outdoor party...but then indoors will not be half as fun (unless we rent a small wedding hall )
Old 27th December 2009, 20:19   #148
Senior - BHPian

I am attending the meet on the 9th Morning on Saturday. I will be with another BHPian. Anyone interested to join is welcome. PM me to co-ordinate or exchange numbers. That's for the day time AUTO EXPO only.

As far as the meet goes, It looks like a mega meet is not happening as a place for this sort of a crowd is difficult to organise by 1 single person. Booking's etc is a tough job to do. Also Zuch's farmhouse is unavailable.

LBM - Genset can be provided. I am not sure of other things though. What say ?

If However we have 15 or more confirmations then we can certainly have a normal meet like we do.

4s in Defence Colony was nice BUT way too small and that too for a Saturday Night.

Meet or no meet - I am meeting a few BHPians in the evening for sure. Lets all raise hands for who is 100 % in so we can finalise a venue. Whoever makes it - we do the Ala Carte thing and each pays for themeselves. No DIVIDE system.

I have done this sort of a thing loads of times and it is foolproof really. Everyone just keep a check of what he is ordering.

Now the only 2 things we need now is -

1. Names of all people who are keen on meeting on Saturday Night for Dinner ( 7 PM or so onwards )

2. Venue - Defence Colony, Connaught Place, Saket.

Please COPY & PASTE the below lines and keepadding your names.

NAMES OF PEOPLE KEEN ON MEETING SATURDAY NIGHT 9th JANUARY -

vkochar ( Varun Kochar )
Shashank.A ( Shashank Aggarwal )
greenh0rn ( Rishi )
Old 27th December 2009, 20:22   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

EDIT :

Oops..did not see LBM's post. LBM paaji..we only need electricity for lights and thats probably about it. Not sure how many lights would be required ? Can a portable Genset do that or a big one is needed ?
We need the electricity for the lights and maybe for music system. A portable genset should do i guess.

LBM - Please confirm
Old 27th December 2009, 20:37   #150
Senior - BHPian

I have not been in any teamBHP meet, though been a member of TeamBHP for 2-3 years.. I would love to meet you guys during the auto expo 2010, so do let me know about the tentative time and venue.. I stay in Noida, so if anyone (especially, out-station BHPians having their accommodation in Noida) can zip-in in my car for the journey.. cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks