Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 17:50   #211
BHPian

Avi,

I hope the monsoons hit AP by 13th June else wont it be hot in Warangal, anyways thanks for adding me to the list, I am confirmed .
Old 28th May 2010, 11:10   #212
BHPian

GM Hyd tbhp buddies, sorry for hijacking this thread

I have just moved into Hyderabad. Can any of you point me to a good used car dealer in the city, I need one asap? I tried sulekha, but the prices are outrageous for used cars here in Hyd! Didnt find anything worthwhile in tbhp classifieds too.

I just wanted to go to a showroom to have a look and then maybe decide if I should look for a new one or used one.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:26   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post

I have just moved into Hyderabad. Can any of you point me to a good used car dealer in the city, I need one asap? I tried sulekha, but the prices are outrageous for used cars here in Hyd! Didnt find anything worthwhile in tbhp classifieds too.

I just wanted to go to a showroom to have a look and then maybe decide if I should look for a new one or used one.
You could try the Maruti True Value showrooms,the other option is Dr.Cars next to Prasads Imax.Carnation has a couple of outlets and they are pretty good as well.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:28   #214
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to Nawabi Land, Rahul.

Check out www.drcar.co.in

They display their cars next to Prasadz Imax. Altough, I can not comment on their pricing, but this could also be an option.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Old 28th May 2010, 11:38   #215
BHPian

Thanks for the starters guys...will check out the leads you guys pointed out.
Old 28th May 2010, 15:52   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You could try the Maruti True Value showrooms,the other option is Dr.Cars next to Prasads Imax.Carnation has a couple of outlets and they are pretty good as well.
Try Maruti True Value otherwise try Maruti True Value otherwise try Maruti True Value ... forget everyone else and all other dealers.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:29   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Try Maruti True Value otherwise try Maruti True Value otherwise try Maruti True Value ... forget everyone else and all other dealers.
Bajaj saab, I'm a strong votary of buying from individual sellers rather than from dealers.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:37   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have just moved into Hyderabad. Can any of you point me to a good used car dealer in the city, I need one asap?
Sunday is just one day away... Buy yourself a copy of DC and roam around the city to check the cars. But make sure you get a thorough check done at a garage for any accidental damages.

Most of the used car dealers quote very high price and most of the times, the vehicles would have met with minor accidents and denting/repainting done along with high chances meter tampering to quote more price.

One more best solution would be to check in your company's bulletin board to see if anyone moving out of Hyd is selling their cars!
Old 28th May 2010, 23:27   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First decide which car you want. Then put a post here. Best of course would be to spread the word at a TBHP meet. Sure to get a good car that way.

In Hyderabad, only cars that are absolutely useless are left with a used car dealer. The best cars are snapped up by the sellers friends etc. Good cars come from individuals who own them and they normally advertise in the Deccan Chronicle on Sundays. Another good source is trusted mechanics or workshops who might know of a customer who wants to sell (this is where the TBHPians come in - each one has a different preferred workshop).

Cheers,
Old 29th May 2010, 14:04   #220
BHPian

Monsoon Meet

I am in for the June 13th Meet. Hope to see you guys around. Are any forthcoming off-road events planned in and around Hyd?

Abhi
Old 30th May 2010, 12:45   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2abhi83 View Post
I am in for the June 13th Meet. Hope to see you guys around. Are any forthcoming off-road events planned in and around Hyd?

Abhi
Great. I am sure you will love the drive meet. Block your calender and invite any of your friends who may be interested as well.

What : Mega Monsoon Hyderabad TBHP Drive Meet
When : June 13th, 2010
Where : TBD
Time : 8:00AM

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008+1
2. Milecruncher+1
3. Rajesh Rawal
4. Ravveendra+1
5. Pulsar56
6. Hillram+2
7. Downsouth + 1
8. KKR2K2
9. Traveloholic
10. Zen91+1
11. Suren181
12. Mail2Abhi83

Total Headcount : 17

Any other takers for this mega monsoon meet hungama?
Old 30th May 2010, 15:06   #222
BHPian

I am in for sure. Managed to get week offs on sundays finally.

What : Mega Monsoon Hyderabad TBHP Drive Meet
When : June 13th, 2010
Where : TBD
Time : 8:00AM

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008+1
2. Milecruncher+1
3. Rajesh Rawal
4. Ravveendra+1
5. Pulsar56
6. Hillram+2
7. Downsouth + 1
8. KKR2K2
9. Traveloholic
10. Zen91+1
11. Suren181
12. Mail2Abhi83
13. Srimath

Total Headcount : 18
Old 30th May 2010, 17:57   #223

Hi guys,

I am another newbie. Just drove down to Hyderabad from Kolkata (I'm sure I will stick out like a sore thumb with my WB license plates). If there is a meet this coming weekend (13th), I would love to join up.

I'm new here and it would be great to meet up with you guys.

Appu
Old 30th May 2010, 18:24   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Sunday is just one day away... Buy yourself a copy of DC and roam around the city to check the cars. But make sure you get a thorough check done at a garage for any accidental damages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
First decide which car you want. Then put a post here. Best of course would be to spread the word at a TBHP meet. Sure to get a good car that way.

In Hyderabad, only cars that are absolutely useless are left with a used car dealer. The best cars are snapped up by the sellers friends etc. Good cars come from individuals who own them and they normally advertise in the Deccan Chronicle on Sundays. Another good source is trusted mechanics or workshops who might know of a customer who wants to sell (this is where the TBHPians come in - each one has a different preferred workshop).

Cheers,
Thanks for more tips coming in. I am in Chennai this weekend for some personal work. So next weekend I should try the DC route.

And top my head worry is to find an house. Car comes a close 2nd.

I havent really shortlisted any models yet, its pretty much open. Wont do any altos, nanos or the likes (very small cars). My budget is fixed i.e. around 4 - 5 lacs, would like a diesel, would want a car that has less kms on the odo and a car that is manufactured after 2007. So honestly any car that catches my eye and that has all above criteria I would look at - no fuss if its a sedan, hatch or SUV

Wont hijack this thread further, I think its meant to discuss meets. But yes, guys if you come to know of any sale that meets above parameters please do drop me a PM.

And yes, would have loved to join on the drive, but I would be busy setting up my house. Would join in the meets and meet you nawabi guys and hope to have some fun

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 30th May 2010 at 18:26.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:37   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for more tips coming in. I am in Chennai this weekend for some personal work. So next weekend I should try the DC route.

And top my head worry is to find an house. Car comes a close 2nd.

Both house and car can be found on the DC Classifieds. Doesn't matter if you are in Chennai or Timbuktu, just browse the DC Epaper online.
:: Deccan Chronicle ePaper ::
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks