Dinner with killer traffic 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 18:12   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post

@Khoj,
Sir, got some internal info that LOP are concerned of their food stock regarding Sunday.
>>>

khoj has reassured that LOP has adequate stocks/rations for all bombers.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:20   #62
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Aha. So Anilisanil is back. I have some heavy damages (financial). On one hand I'm tempted to drive the car once my car is fixed to test it. But then I'm on a huge cost saving mode. Hence the train it is going to be for me.

Conversely, if you don't mind hauling me up and down in your vehicle on a cost sharing mode (fuel/ toll), I would like to join you.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

Conversely, if you don't mind hauling me up and down in your vehicle on a cost sharing mode (fuel/ toll), I would like to join you.
OK, got home department's approval.

MX, I can pick you up from where ever it is reasonable for both of us. I stay near Kothrud, so do let me know where! You have my number!
Old 8th October 2010, 20:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

@all
Just got a call back from Ajay, the head steward/ acting manager of LOP. I had raised certain concerns earlier this evening after receiving issigonis's message regarding rations (which I mistook for the fluid variety) and also enquired regarding availability of their flat panel for our usage. After the call to LOP, I read nomadabhi's post regarding the kitchen's restricted functioning on Sunday, so discussed the same too during the return phone call.

The kitchen has no issues regarding its functioning / availability of the rations of all kinds on Sunday and the availability of the flat panel for our groups usage has been confirmed. The guy does not know whether it is an lcd or a plasma or what is the exact size (I am assuming it has to be minimum 32" at least) but it will be made available. Guys do ensure to carry audio video cables suitable for your equipment, their tv has the usual 3 pin red, white & yellow audio & video sockets.

The menu is 'a la carte' did discuss regarding a package / buffet but they need a minimum of 40 pax to work that out so left it at that.

So, whatever could be done remotely to ensure that our all of our pangs (Kaas and gastronomical) will be satiated has been done. Now lets roll in at 1200 noon at the assembly point in Thane and thence @1300 hours at LOP.

In case anyone gets lost on the way or is coming later etc the phone no. for LOP is 9322107555 and contact person is Ajay.

Last edited by khoj : 8th October 2010 at 20:08.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So, whatever could be done remotely to ensure that our all of our pangs (Kaas and gastronomical) will be satiated has been done. Now lets roll in at 1200 noon at the assembly point in Thane and thence @1300 hours at LOP.

How are you placed on 10th morning? If you are available me and MX are planning to start early in the morning and reach Vashi by 9-10 and we both can do the shoe shopping, buy the shoes if I like them.

So please let me know your availability. Will call you tomorrow morning.

P.S: Discussed with MX and he seem to be exploring multiple options. Though I am all game to come along, I do not want to come alone. So I am essentially dependent on MX's plans!
Old 8th October 2010, 21:47   #66
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I shall come over to your place on Sunday morning Anilisanil. We can leave by 8:30 from your place and be there in Vashi by 10.

I have arranged transportation from Magarpatta till Kothrud.
Before 8:30 is a bit difficult for me.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@All,
I have a small problem. I have gone and fractured my Big toe yesterday. Won't be able to drive down to Padgha on Sunday. .
Sir, it will be my privilege to drive you.
Quote:
@SuperSelect,
Sad, I was visualizing 2 classics at LOP parking lot (your SS and my NOMAD). Maybe sometime later.
Aw.. next time, for sure !!
Old 8th October 2010, 22:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I shall come over to your place on Sunday morning Anilisanil. We can leave by 8:30 from your place and be there in Vashi by 10.

I have arranged transportation from Magarpatta till Kothrud.
Before 8:30 is a bit difficult for me.
Yeah 0830 hrs is early morning for me! Khoj sir, now you dont seem to be having an option, we are starting off!
Old 8th October 2010, 22:26   #69
BHPian

Quote:

@Khoj,
Sir, got some internal info that LOP are concerned of their food stock regarding Sunday.
Sorry for my incomplete information. The post was written while I was at work.

What I meant was that, after having Khoj on lunch @ LOP, the LOP people will be concerned of their food stock for Sunday Dinner.

PS: khoj bhaiya, sorry for the inconvenience but now we are confirmed that atleast we wont have any problem with food stock.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Yeah 0830 hrs is early morning for me! Khoj sir, now you dont seem to be having an option, we are starting off!
So my little push on the Figo thread has borne fruit Good, the more the merrier. You lost me on the options bit.

Shoe shopping (actual or window) would be best done in the morning as a couple of the big retailers in Vashi close at 1300 hrs on Sundays. If you guys are here by 10.30 we still have an hour to go look at stuff and Vashi is a small place. BTW are you looking only for alloys or want to change the rubber too.

@nomadabhi

I don't know about the others but I will ensure that you are full up to your gills.

@All 'Navratra Alert'

The kitchen at LOP upon demand will serve 'Navratra Compliant' food prepared without using onion, garlic and other roots.
Old 9th October 2010, 00:39   #71
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW are you looking only for alloys or want to change the rubber too.

@All 'Navratra Alert'

The kitchen at LOP upon demand will serve 'Navratra Compliant' food prepared without using onion, garlic and other roots.
I'd suggest hold the rubber to Anil. He's got a new car and his rubber's got some life on it. He can use his existing set of rubbers on his alloys for a while and then make the complete transition.

And I love the navratra alert here. Does it apply for non veg as well? Like say jain chicken?
Old 9th October 2010, 00:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

Ya sure instead of DO Pyaza chicken they will rustle up NO Pyaza chicken
Old 9th October 2010, 14:11   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Ya sure instead of DO Pyaza chicken they will rustle up NO Pyaza chicken
>>>

There is a concept/dish in Bengali cuisine - 'niramish mangsho' which literally translates into vegetarian mutton, which is a mutton dish cooked without onions ( onions are considered non vegetarian).

Similarly Kashmiri Pandits eat their meat without onion; they use curd and tomatoes instead.

At one time Chor Bizarre, near Delite Cinema and the Delhi Stock Exchange, on Asaf Ali Road, used to serve the only authentic Kashmiri cuisine- this is circa 1990s. The tarami was real good, along with the Kahwa (Kashmiri tea).

Let's see what their reaction to navratri chicken/mutton will be!

I'll be a little early ( 11.30- 12 noon) at LOP, maybe alongwith SuperSelect and BolBolero, as we might have to leave around 2.30 pm.

Regards, drive safe
Old 9th October 2010, 15:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
I'll be a little early ( 11.30- 12 noon) at LOP, maybe alongwith SuperSelect and BolBolero, as we might have to leave around 2.30 pm.
Great
Ok guys, im confirming myself as in.

My Sunday plans are post lunch & since there are people leaving early, i can comfortably make it without any hassles even if we leave a bit later than 2.30.

Issigonis, ill keep in touch with you tomorrow morning & will try & reach there in between 12-12.30.

See you guys there.
Old 9th October 2010, 15:22   #75
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@issigonis/ Xehaust and others. Please finalise a time at the meeting point so that HVK is not confused.

Khoj and I would be helping out Anilisanil with his shoes from 10:00 till mostly 11:30. So We intend to drive directly to LoP, if things get delayed. We'd still make it by 12:30 at LoP.

@HVK saar. Would you like to join Khoj, me and Anilisanil on the drive to LoP or would you like to leave a little earlier with Issigonis and gang.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks