Lunch with light traffic 5 83.33%
Dinner with killer traffic 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 18:23   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
It wasn't me but Spruce who generously took Bolero to the safety of his hearth; Spruce was travelling in that direction.

I'd love to watch plays at the Prithvi; do let me know if anything interesting comes up.
Oh! I was under the impression that he went with you. My bad. And to think i was following Spruce & didnt even realise this

I had gone to St. Andrews Auditorium in Bandra for the play. But yes, if anything pops up, will definitely tell you.
Old 12th October 2010, 20:17   #107
BHPian

@All,
Was an excellent meet and was great meeting up with all the guys from the Kaas meet, and a few old friends; SuperSelect & HVK. This time around got to spend more time chatting with the T-Bhpian's.

@Khoj, thanks for suggesting the venue. Lovely place and great food. BTW the "paranthas" are still pending. Next meet I promise to deliver.

@Nomadabhi, Superb cake buddy. For all further meets you will be considered as the official cake supplier! As regards your next camera, please do not base your decision on my remarks. Try to figure out what exactly you want in your photography and then take a final decision. There is a huge amount of difference between the HS and any of the DSLR's.

@Xehaust, Thanks for the ride to LOP. It was great chatting with you, all through the ride. Sorry if I bored you during the drive. Glad to know that you could make it to the play in time and no need for any apologies buddy!

@Sprucegoose, thanks for the ride home and for the chai at your office. My regards to your colleagues from office. Please post the snaps they might have clicked. Hoping to meet soon.

@MX6, Saar it was wonderful meeting you again after Kaas. You seem to have a lot of anecdotes on the South Indian Film industry. Maybe we should plan another meet around that theme, what say? Lovely snaps of Kaas, and loved the ones where your little one was the model. Am sure, as I am writing this, you must already be on your way to Sringeri. Have a great time and drive safe, and please do take good care of your leg.

@Parimal, Once again your snaps of Kaas, are truly spectacular. BTW what is the story of your Shogun?

@Anilisanil, was great meeting you again after Kaas and this time around, got to talk with you for a longer time. Hope you find the alloys for your ride soon. Just to clarify, my miniscule Gyaan regarding DSLR's is entirely my opinion and I am nowhere near an expert on photography.

@f1fan, was great meeting you once more after the Kaas meet. I caught snippets regarding your cop trouble at Vikhroli. Will need to meet up with you soon and get the whole story. Maybe we can meet somewhere Powai, so that our T-Bhp stickers are spotted.

@Gostel, was great catching up with you sir. Now that you know my true age, I hope you will refrain from calling me sir the next time we meet. Awaiting snaps from your side, which I saw you clicking! Since we are based in South Mumbai, we can meet up more often, what say sir? Regards to Geeta madam.

@Issigonis, Dada it was great meeting you once again. Sir I have to complement you on your phenomenal knowledge on a variety of topics (Cars, Food, Films, so on so forth). We should have one meet just dedicated to you passing on a bit of that knowledge to mere mortals like yours truly! I'm sure many of the others would also like to join to hear from you!

@SuperSelect, Glad that you could make it for the meet, without the kicking and screaming. Would have been a little difficult to manage you, considering the condition of my leg! The reason we allowed you attend the meet, was to let you know what you missed by not coming to Kaas! LOL.

@HVK, A very big thank you for gracing the meet with your presence Sir! As always its a pleasure meeting you. Always get to learn something new every single time! Have a great and safe drive to the south. We will catch up after you return.

@All, guys am looking forward to the next meet and eat, with hopefully many more T-Bhpians. I am requesting the planners to begin thinking about the same.
Old 12th October 2010, 22:48   #108
BHPian

Apologies for the late entry,

Was really busy recovering my Dad’s crashed PC.

Awesome meet guys, and Khoj sir the place, food the ambience was just fantastic. And Special thanks to Nomad bhai for his special efforts to bring the “KAAS Cake”’. And I did not even noticed it, when he brought the Cake.

Thanks to Khoj.MX6 and Anil because of you guys I was able to watch first 45 Minus of the Race on Sunday, ow I was planning to leave for meet at 11.30 AM, as I was getting lift till kalyan and then from kalyan onwards with nomad.

Thanks MX6 for the Xperia10 Mini Demo, now Sony has launched new Xperia 8 but no keypad.
Let’s see which one I finally end up buying, and it was great to listen to your experiences.

@Issigonis sir, this time I forgot to take snaps of your super model, my bad. Next time we should have evening meet, will love to take Snaps of your Beauty,

@HVK Sir, on the way back to dombivli MX was telling a lot about your passion for travelling, your helping nature, you are really special. Should have meet soon after you come from South tour.

@Gautam; Thanks a lot for the compliments, Will post the story of Shogun in other post. How is your leg doing? Hope it will recover soon for the next meet.

@Sprucegoose, Next time will defiantly give you a call, if I come to town. Also get those snaps from your friends.

@Khoj, Thanks a lot for your lift, and your car is awesome, and I just love those alloys and leather seats. Our Sanpada BTC is pending, will do it before you leave for Delhi.

@SuperSelect, It was really nice to see you without the kicking and screaming, really don’t know what does it mean, but this is what this forum says ..!

@Gostel, Waiting for your Snaps sir.

@Xehaust, And you managed to reach in 1.10 Hrs, really great, was it due to the power of 1.6 L ..?

@nomadabhi: Thanks a lot for your lift and yes I miss my Bike badly, mad acceleration that roar is hardly there on new 4 strokes, when you are showing your RD 350 AKA “Yamdoot”.

@ALL, I think harihreshwar is the place for the next meet, lets decide the Dates.
Attached Thumbnails
Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-img_93541.jpg  

Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-img_9377.jpg  

Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-img_9378.jpg  

Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-img_9384.jpg  

Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-img_9388.jpg  

Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-img_9391.jpg  

Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-img_9399.jpg  

Last edited by parimal_g : 12th October 2010 at 23:02.
Old 13th October 2010, 00:02   #109
MX6
Senior - BHPian

nice to see the snaps here. I left an hour later than the planned time. heavy traffic ensured I reached katraj after almost 70 mins. had dinner at satara. where else but mahendra! kaas fever hasn't subsided yet. I left satara around 9 pm and reached belgaum at 11:10. will be leaving belgaum by. 10 tomorrow.
Old 13th October 2010, 08:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

......and I am in Bangalore, having driven in from Bombay yesterday morning, now to start on my onward drive to Trivandrum.
Old 13th October 2010, 08:50   #111
BHPian

Finally pari did justice to the thread. And that's first time i too saw a chocolate rose on black forest. I did ask them to do something related to flower on cake as its not their usual design approved by cake company.

@MX, hope you wearing those braces :-) happy and safe journey.

@HVK, sir nice to see you riding all those tar and mud. As truly said, when you start ignition, the road comes to u. Wish to meet you soon to talk about all you do over a cup of coffee.

@bolbolero, consider the job done sir, cake booked for next meet of ours. About dslr, i shortlisted Hs a day prior to our discussion but our talks made justice to my choice.

@parimal, yaar bahut wait karaya pics ke liye. But patience paid well. About lift you dont have to thank bro. Infact i should be thanking you to give me company driving down to LoP and thanks for not noticing the cake at back seat. He he he.

@all, so what next? Diveghar or Lavasa

Last edited by nomadabhi : 13th October 2010 at 08:56.
Old 13th October 2010, 10:34   #112
BHPian

Hey Guys,
About the pictures, they are all 3MB plus.
Is there any way i can Batch resize them?
Too Lazy to do it individually.
Old 13th October 2010, 10:45   #113
BHPian

@Shekhar, PM me your e mail ID, will mail you the software which was sent to me by Nomad, it very good software, i have done the pic resizing using the same.
Old 13th October 2010, 14:00   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Hey Guys,
About the pictures, they are all 3MB plus.
Is there any way i can Batch resize them?
Too Lazy to do it individually.
There is a freeware called as faststone photoresizer. Search for it on google, it can resize multiple images at a time.
Old 14th October 2010, 16:33   #115
BHPian

LOP withdrawal symptoms this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@All,
Was an excellent meet and was great meeting up with all the guys from the Kaas meet, and a few old friends; SuperSelect & HVK...

@Issigonis, Dada it was great meeting you once again. Sir I have to complement you on your phenomenal knowledge on a variety of topics (Cars, Food, Films, so on so forth). We should have one meet just dedicated to you passing on a bit of that knowledge to mere mortals like yours truly! I'm sure many of the others would also like to join to hear from you!

@All, guys am looking forward to the next meet and eat, with hopefully many more T-Bhpians. I am requesting the planners to begin thinking about the same.
>>>

We'll have some animated discussions on films, soon.
Your desire has been thought of, prior to the voicing of such desire!
Please look at the end of this post for the next bombing raid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Apologies for the late entry,

Was really busy recovering my Dad’s crashed PC.

Awesome meet guys, and Khoj sir the place, food the ambience was just fantastic. And Special thanks to Nomad bhai for his special efforts to bring the “KAAS Cake”’. And I did not even noticed it, when he brought the Cake.

@Issigonis sir, this time I forgot to take snaps of your super model, my bad. Next time we should have evening meet, will love to take Snaps of your Beauty,

@ALL, I think harihreshwar is the place for the next meet, lets decide the Dates.
>>>

What happened to the PC? Diagnosis.
We'll drive together next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
......and I am in Bangalore, having driven in from Bombay yesterday morning, now to start on my onward drive to Trivandrum.
>>>

hvk had a broken shock absorber bracket welded in Bangalore before proceeding for Trivandrum (the city of Adoor Gopalakrishnan). Reason - metal fatigue. Or was it hvk's spirited driving?

Lads,

Next bombing raids - plan ( please discuss-finalise)

I. A mini-meet cum dinner at Chhote's in Colaba next week? I will ask Sprucegoose to co-ordinate this as he is the expert on Chhote (the location, veg/non-veg etc.)

Only that some of us might not be able to make it ( viz. gostel who is merrily on his way to the Andamans as I write this).

II. A drive to Lavasa in November, post Diwali to sample Kashmiri food ( unlike Bollywood, I'd like to acknowledge that I've plagiarised the story idea from khoj). We can leave in the morning from McDonalds, Kalamboli, have lunch, explore Lavasa a bit and return by night time. Some of us might even be tempted to stay the night there, no issues.

III. Harihareshwar trip : request parimal to take this up

P.S. :

I will be away from 24th Dec till 5th Jan doing a Bombay-Udaipur(night halt)-Delhi(night halt)-Ranikhet-Corbett-Delhi-Udaipur(night halt)-Bombay run, for which I am finalising my plans. khoj might drive with me on the Delhi-Bombay return journey. Anyone interested in the onward journey, most welcome to drive along.

Regards, drive safe

Last edited by issigonis : 14th October 2010 at 16:35. Reason: Made corrections
Old 14th October 2010, 23:16   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lads,

Next bombing raids - plan ( please discuss-finalise)

I. A mini-meet cum dinner at Chhote's in Colaba next week? I will ask Sprucegoose to co-ordinate this as he is the expert on Chhote (the location, veg/non-veg etc.)
Only that some of us might not be able to make it ( viz. gostel who is merrily on his way to the Andamans as I write this).
I am in for this one, and I am willing to postpone my departure to Delhi if a date can be set for this weekend or for early next week. Come this weekend AND I will morph back in to a 'Pure Non Vegetarian', the only greens that I will eat after that would be the pudina chutney with the kebabs and tikkas and the sheeks and the chaamps and the burraaaas sluuurrrrp droool droooool somebody help me before I drown in my own .. glug...gluuggg.... gluuuu..

Quote:
II. A drive to Lavasa in November, post Diwali to sample Kashmiri food ( unlike Bollywood, I'd like to acknowledge that I've plagiarised the story idea from khoj). We can leave in the morning from McDonalds, Kalamboli, have lunch, explore Lavasa a bit and return by night time. Some of us might even be tempted to stay the night there, no issues.
Will miss this as I will be in Dilli for Diwali. However I discussed with AlokSriva and we are beginning to explore the idea of a tbhp meet in Delhi at the same venue viz. Chor bizarre on the same day if not almost the same hour as you guys in Lavasa.

Quote:
Parimal dates, details please.. more at the BTC .. call me.

Quote:
P.S. :

I will be away from 24th Dec till 5th Jan doing a Bombay-Udaipur(night halt)-Delhi(night halt)-Ranikhet-Corbett-Delhi-Udaipur(night halt)-Bombay run, for which I am finalising my plans. khoj might drive with me on the Delhi-Bombay return journey. Anyone interested in the onward journey, most welcome to drive along.

Regards, drive safe
I thought you were going to stay in Delhi on the return leg, change of itinerary?
Old 14th October 2010, 23:33   #117
MX6
Senior - BHPian

count me in for lavasa and harihareshwar.
reached sringeri.
khoj. saw your missed call. will call you on the morrow.

also met Samurai san at his work place. couldn't spend much time as I was already running behind schedule.

@Samurai. we shall catch up in dec.

just when I showed him my ankle, I realised that i'd left the brace at my place in udupi. so 12 kms and 40 mins later, we started on to sringeri.

hopefully I get to meet another t-bhpian before I start back to pune.
Old 15th October 2010, 00:38   #118
BHPian

Quote:
>>>

What happened to the PC? Diagnosis.
We'll drive together next time.

P.S. :

Regards, drive safe
PC: Badly affected by Virus, and some malfunctioning of programs, used to give memery dump error (Blue screen), just after booting, recovered using Safe mode option, but unable to install the Antivirus.So formated and installed fresh OS, and other applications now its running perfect.

My pleasure to drive along with you Sir, even thinking of Delhi, as one of my good friend shifted there last month only, he has invited me, lets see

And about the Harihareshwar, how about third week of Nov after diwali, we can book the MTDC resort, the location is very beautiful, and most of the cottages are of twin sharing basis.

Yes we should have pre Harihareshwar meet, am in for the town meet at Chhote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Parimal dates, details please.. more at the BTC .. call me.
Just saw your post, will give you a call tomorrow.
Old 15th October 2010, 08:31   #119
BHPian

Im in for Chhote too. How about tomorrow? (That would be "this weekend" as most want)
Old 15th October 2010, 11:21   #120
BHPian

Nice snaps there.Its seems you really enjoyed at the LOP.

I am in for Lavasa meet but tentative for Hari-Hareshwar as I need to check the dates.

@ Parimal: What dates you are looking forward to for Hari-hareshwar ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks