Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 10:45   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Great meeting each one of you!

Parimal! Great snaps mate!!
Thanks, and thanks a lot for coming all the way from pune for the meet, and your short story is great, you want someone to shoot the video for your film, .
Old 11th October 2010, 11:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great meeting each one of you!

Thanks Khoj for taking us around in Mumbai! and taking the pains of running over a snake!
You make it sound as if I aimed for it. The road was undivided, narrow and I was completely focussed on the two trucks approaching us over the curve that I never even realized it till you and MX6 shouted out. Even after that I was not able to see anything in the rear view mirrors. I believe that I missed it and if the unmentionable did happen, well I did say a small prayer for it when I got back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Yeppie! finally vaccinated, though a new roaming syndrome is arising now.
Khoj Bhaiyaa, I liked those caps on your blue beauty which turns red for some reason. While returning back I was looking closely on road to find that snake but I guess I missed it. The food was good and thanks for your appreciation on the freshness of cake cream. Infact, this was the first time when I too was able to taste such a fresh cream from them. Maybe they knew that you are coming.
nomad, I think the caps are the ones that change colour when the pressure in the tire changes from what the caps are designed to stay green at. I believe the tire shop in Delhi where I changed my OE tires must have put them on (best things in life are free) . Time to find a Nitrogen dispenser with an accurate guage.

I missed it too as I never felt the tires go over anything. I know it would be all soft and pliable but it sure isn't hollow and the Cedia's suspension allows you to feel the minutest of change on the tarmac's surface. I believe that even though both of my fellow travellers saw it, the tires didn't go over it.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:39   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You make it sound as if I aimed for it.
Best things in life are free and the funniest ones are unintended for!

I just realized how queen's tongue twisted mine! No wonder you cleared your "Team BHP essays" in a single go!!

And by the way Khoj bhaiyya, when I reached home Kiran asked me "Why did Khoj sir called me and asked if it was some tyre x"s number? I realized after hanging up that it was Khoj's voice"

I chuckled to myself and hit the sack!! Now I know how your friend gave a wrong number for Tyre X

f1fan! me too missed your street story both the times! What was that about?

Last edited by anilisanil : 11th October 2010 at 11:41.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And by the way Khoj bhaiyya, when I reached home Kiran asked me "Why did Khoj sir called me and asked if it was some tyre x"s number? I realized after hanging up that it was Khoj's voice"

I chuckled to myself and hit the sack!! Now I know how your friend gave a wrong number for Tyre X

Oh! I thought I dialled the no. from the sms I received. Do convey my regards to Kiran and to think that you could not get through to her. BTW my friend called this morning to apologize for the wrong no. and to make up he is buying tickets for 'Robot' later today at the local PVR

I will appraise him of the actual going ons after the show is over.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:01   #95
BHPian

Parimal bhaiyaji, photua kidhar hai. Tanik reliance ka network use kijiye aur hamar sabka photu upload kijiye.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:17   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! I thought I dialled the no. from the sms I received. Do convey my regards to Kiran and to think that you could not get through to her. BTW my friend called this morning to apologize for the wrong no. and to make up he is buying tickets for 'Robot' later today at the local PVR

I will appraise him of the actual going ons after the show is over.

Tes, I did tell her that I called the landline number before and Khoj might have dialled it thinking that he was just redialling it.

Well, you should never mind it!! Robot at PVR should be fun!
Old 11th October 2010, 12:54   #97
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Good to hear you guys had a rocking time. Too bad I could not join you. Did you click any pictures? I hope to get a chance to meet you all guys again and also a chance to meet HVK.

May be plan the next meet in Pune/Lonavala?

-Biju
It was the best ever time we had pjb. Exclusive room and 32" LCD tv for ourself (with a card slot) where we projected photos from my side and Parimal's side.
The icing on the cake was the actual CAKE! And the honours rightly went to Bheeshma Pitamah of road travels Mr. HVK.
Not only did all the guys get to meet HVK. They also got to see his gadgets (including the famous hvk recorder).

Quote:
MX6 Now I know your Harihareshwar experience. One thing that I observed is that as soon as there's something about your daughter, your eyes lit up with happiness. But, once again I would say take care of your ligament(I might have bored you with the same statement over and over). All my wishes to your cutie pie daughter.
Thanks for your wishes. And I have a special bond with my daughter. Might sound cliched. But she's made me discover a superman (nothing to do with the NTR movie I spoke about in the meet) in me.
My leg is better now. Surprisingly the swelling that I showed yesterday has come down. And as per your advice, I have worn the brace. I shall also go one step above and wear the crape bandage while sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Thanks, and thanks a lot for coming all the way from pune for the meet, and your short story is great, you want someone to shoot the video for your film, .
You've not heard the other story of Anilisanil. I have already decided on the cast. I heard it on the way to vashi from pune. And this kind of a movie can be directed by one and only Shankar.

Quote:
You make it sound as if I aimed for it. The road was undivided, narrow and I was completely focussed on the two trucks approaching us over the curve that I never even realized it till you and MX6 shouted out. Even after that I was not able to see anything in the rear view mirrors. I believe that I missed it and if the unmentionable did happen, well I did say a small prayer for it when I got back home.
Khoj. Be assured. It was a curve, two trucks. And the snake slithered out of nowhere. I was bad that it happened. But then it was bound to happen. No way you can stop the car or swerve. I spoke to my mother at length and we are planning on a small puja for bringing shanti to the departed snake atma on our trip to Sringeri. Since it was darker and moving faster and straighter, it does seem to be a rat snake.
Your prayer is a nice gesture too. I'll pm a small thing you can do to appease the poor dead animal. We weren't responsible for it's death. But then, it does bring a tear drop when I think of what happened.

Quote:
and to make up he is buying tickets for 'Robot' later today at the local PVR
Wow. Nice people you have around you. Instead of tickets ask him to sponsor popcorn and sprite. Those costed me more in the local pvr here in pune than actual movie tickets!

Quote:
Parimal bhaiyaji, photua kidhar hai. Tanik reliance ka network use kijiye aur hamar sabka photu upload kijiye.
I have 4 or 5 photos in my phone. Will upload some later tonight. Also I saw MTV folks with their DSLRs.
Spruce. Can you get their photos and load them here?

@Anil.
Come on boss. You dropped me at the "wrong end of pune" (HVK knows what I mean) late in the night after a long day and long drive.
Really enjoyed talking to you in the car and I found that we have similar interests (Story writing, screenplays, Music, Songs, even people like Seetharama shastry, K Vishwanath, K Balachander, SPB and sundry actors, driving, criticizing pathetic drivers on the way and what not?)
Let's hit it out once I'm done with my sringeri trip and you with your vizag trip.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

Had a great time at the meet, guys ! Thanks a huuuge bunch to all those who made it what it was !!

Glad I came, ("screaming and kicking") as my friends issigonis and bolbolero would like to put it.

nomadabhi, thanks for a superb cake... yum, the taste of the "SOLID chocolate'' flower at the centre, still lingers on my tongue - how xehaust and I polished it off !
Also, thanks a ton for the stickers..

MX6 anna - great chatting with you, your Android phone has me floored bud !

Khoj - loved your blue cedia. Is this a special colour ? Looks really beautiful. And by the way, great to know we lived in the same building at some point !

HVK saar, it was a pleasure to meet you at last - you have no idea how long I've waited for this !

All the others - F1 fan, spruce, xehaust, anil, parimal, gostel, and spruce's two friends - it was a great afternoon, spent with great food and great company..

bolboleroda and issigonisda - thanks for letting me gatecrash a "kaas" meet, when I was the only "non-kaas" guy.
Old 11th October 2010, 22:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

where are the pics guys???

I am very eager! somebody please do the honors!
Old 11th October 2010, 22:30   #100
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
nomadabhi, thanks for a superb cake... yum, the taste of the "SOLID chocolate'' flower at the centre, still lingers on my tongue - how xehaust and I polished it off !

MX6 anna - great chatting with you, your Android phone has me floored bud !

HVK saar, it was a pleasure to meet you at last - you have no idea how long I've waited for this !
Super. It was so nice to have you there. So what if you were non kaas. You were still Khaas.
And you two were no tthe only one's who polished off the chocolate flower. I was the first to take the top portion (before anyone even knew). But I did it so beautifully that the flower still looked like a flower. Even you sitting next to me didn't see a part of the flower in my plate!

And yes sir. I love my droid.

And now that you are referring to HVK, it's my pleasure to post this photo.
Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet at Legacy of Punjab on 09 10 10-kaas-cake.jpg

For people wondering where the focus is on in the photo, notice the words kaas. I'll never let kaas out of my focus

And while you look at HVK cut the cake, he's hurtling towards Bangalore at a murderous pace. Having left Thane 5.5 hours ago, he's just crossing Nippani.
In case you read about any meteor hit in Bangalore in paper, please be assured that the black object that hit Bangalore is just the famous Scorpio.

update on HVK. Latitude couldn't keep up with him. By the time I finished posting this post, he sms-ed me that he's nearing Belgaum.
Thane to Belgaum in 6 hours guys. That's what mortals do from pune to belgaum I guess.

Last edited by MX6 : 11th October 2010 at 22:40.
Old 11th October 2010, 23:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hvkumar & SuperSelect guys your presence was the icing on the cake
Khoj bhai saab, don't put me on the same pedestal as "Saar".
I yam a very small man yaar !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Super. It was so nice to have you there. So what if you were non kaas. You were still Khaas.
And you two were not the only one's who polished off the chocolate flower. I was the first to take the top portion (before anyone even knew). But I did it so beautifully that the flower still looked like a flower. Even you sitting next to me didn't see a part of the flower in my plate!

update on HVK. Latitude couldn't keep up with him. By the time I finished posting this post, he sms-ed me that he's nearing Belgaum.
Thane to Belgaum in 6 hours guys. That's what mortals do from pune to belgaum I guess.
Ahh.. MX6 - another chocoholic !

My God, HVK's a phenomenon !
"When HVK turns on the ignition, the road starts to move backwards, in fear".. old jungle saying.
Old 12th October 2010, 02:16   #102
BHPian

Of Apologies & Grattitude!

Hey Guys,

Was indeed an interesting meet. So interesting that i ended up leaving at about 5.30 when i was supposed to leave by 3.30-4 at the latest causing me to leave my co-passenger Bolbolero to return home with Issigonis instead.
I headed straight to the play in Bandra instead of my original plan of dropping Bolbolero back home & then heading home myself to freshen up before leaving for the play. My apologies to Bolbolero for the change in plans, was looking forward to your company on the way back as well.

On the positive side - managed to make it for the play safely & on time & in an unbelievable 1 hour 10 mins from LOP to Bandra Reclamation

A special thank you to Sprucegoose & his friends for showing me the way back. Shekhar, do thank your friend who led me till the western highway after youll stopped near the toll & let him know i made it for the play on time.

Lets move on to the meet itself. Travelled with Bolbolero to the meet & we talked about literally anything & everything under the sun. Was a relaxed drive & he educated me on the different places along the way.

THE PLACE:

Reached LOP to find everyone chatting away in the parking lot. We headed inside in a bit & the place (Legacy of Punjab) was pretty well themed out. From the welcome statues to the dress code of the staff to the switches & the rest of the interiors including the beautifully detailed window panes. Made you feel as if you actually were in Punjab. Heck, even the Lassi was, as they say, "Malai Marke"!

THE MEET:

Once inside, topics varied from Cameras, Cars, On the road experiences to plans for the next meet & many more. Before lunch, we saw the lovely snaps taken by MX6 & Parimal. After the snaps, we did indeed end up ordering by the time it was already 3. Some of us had planned to leave by about then but that plan went right out the Punjabi window. The best was our starter - Freshly made Cake. Never before have i had cake as a starter.
Thank you to Nomadabhi for the fresh as Kaas memories cake & SuperSelect for the choco filled company in finishing it off with the choco-flower.

THE (AFTER-MEET) MEET:

Finally, after lunch, we moved into the parking lot & i was thinking that its about time to leave. I was as far off from the truth like i was from the play i was intended to go for! We were there for over an hour more!!

A group picture later, we headed to the famed Scorpio to see how it was tricked out. Also noticed a stunning Cedia with a lovely chrome tipped exhaust. The Scorpio belongs to HVK & the Cedia to Khoj. We also learnt the procedure behind Issigonis's lovely maroon Jetta's shine. "Plain ol' spit & polish" he said

Finally, decided to leave before it was too late (was already late) & had a fantastic drive back & thankfully made it for the play just before it began.
The timing was a little later than i had thought (good thing the time i knew was wrong & the actual time was later) & hence i took my seat a few seconds before the beginning. It was a laugh riot & highly recommended! The name of the play is "A Class Act!"

To conclude, it was great meeting everyone again & im more than happy to have made it for both, the meet & the play. A Sunday worth calling a Sunday!

Last edited by Xehaust : 12th October 2010 at 02:20.
Old 12th October 2010, 11:37   #103
BHPian

Flying too low & LOP withdrawal symptoms meet at the Chor Bizarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

Thane to Belgaum in 6 hours guys.
>>>

Google Maps tells me the distance from Vasant Vihar School in Vasant Vihar, Thane to Belgaum city is 492 kms. Give or take a few, it will not be less than 480. If hvk is driving non-stop, his average speed is 80 kmph, if he had/has stopped, the average increases.

I think he is flying too low.

You tend to somehow think of the glory days of motorsport ( Nuvolari, Fangio, Moss et. al) when you think of this type of driving.

Here's the link of the route : Thane to Belgaum : hvk's trail - Google Maps

Thoroughly enjoyed the Kaas withdrawal symptoms meet.

More digital evidence of our presence at the LOP please, from the camera wielders.

Am thinking of a LOP withdrawal symptoms meet at Chor Bizarre, Lavasa (idea courtesy khoj) for, say November.

Regards, drive safe
Old 12th October 2010, 13:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey Guys,

..causing me to leave my co-passenger Bolbolero to return home with Issigonis instead.

On the positive side - managed to make it for the play safely & on time & in an unbelievable 1 hour 10 mins from LOP to Bandra Reclamation

A special thank you to Sprucegoose & his friends for showing me the way back.

We also learnt the procedure behind Issigonis's lovely maroon Jetta's shine. "Plain ol' spit & polish" he said

The name of the play is "A Class Act!"
>>>
Xehaust,

It wasn't me but Spruce who generously took Bolero to the safety of his hearth; Spruce was travelling in that direction.

Spruce and hvk carry the spirit of the Bentley Boys (Woolf Barnato, Tim Birkin and the rest of the gang) and we are really in great company with exceptional driving skills. I look forward to driving along with these two, hopefully soon (to the Chor Bizarre in Lavasa maybe).

I started from LOP at 5.36, was home and dry at 6.35 ( did 50 kms).

Yes, the polish is due to spit and polish (plain ole water and a soft cloth). I use the microfibre towels on the glass area and the rest of the body work ( one towel for each, two in all) once a week.

If you want outstanding detailing work, you can go to Mazda Motors ( Pervez) in Tardeo or Rhyme & Rhythm (Sachin Gurnani) in Colaba Causeway. I got the exteriors done by Pervez and the interiors by Sachin. You may check GTO's thread on detailing where I posted my experience at Mazda.

I'd love to watch plays at the Prithvi; do let me know if anything interesting comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

I think he is flying too low.

You tend to somehow think of the glory days of motorsport ( Nuvolari, Fangio, Moss et. al) when you think of this type of driving.

Am thinking of a LOP withdrawal symptoms meet at Chor Bizarre, Lavasa (idea courtesy khoj) for, say November.

Regards, drive safe
>>>

Correction : hvk (and Sprucegoose) are closer to the spirit of Woolf Barnato and the Bentley Boys; Nuvolari & co. did drive fast but they did so on closed circuits. Barnato raced the Blue Train in his Speed Six and won.

Regards, drive safe

Last edited by issigonis : 12th October 2010 at 13:08. Reason: Corrected a grammatical mistake
Old 12th October 2010, 16:15   #105
BHPian

It was an excellent meet. A big thanks to every one who attended. When I left home in the morning, wife asked me what time I would be back. I had said that I should be back home max by 4:00 PM and come to think of it, most of us left the LoP place post 5:00 PM.

Apart from all the KAAS folks, it was great to finally meet the great HVK and our dear SuperSelect (Your Spark/Swift will not do for the next meet whenever that happens. We would need the superselect )

Khoj bhai, the location was great and the special room for us was excellent. Will not forget the Chole-Khulcha's for some time now.

Quote:
f1fan your The start of your service road experience was missed by both times, once I was out for cake and second I was out for a break.
Quote:
f1fan! me too missed your street story both the times! What was that about?
The story is now reserved for re-rendering during our next meet whenever that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Regards, drive safe
Count me in for this one.

Last edited by f1fan : 12th October 2010 at 16:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks