Sunday 14th November 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 13:33   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi .
Issigonis ji, all the credit for yesterdays enjoyable meet eat drive goes to your hardwork. Now when and where are we meeting again plsssss.To me It is a great pleasure in meeting and talking to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi All,

Once again a great meet and a big round of applause to Issigonis for conceptualising the meet. A big thank you to all those who attended,
@Issigonis, A big thank you for organising this meet.

usual the livewire of the meet! Was great meeting you once again. BTW can we appoint Shaun as the official photographer for the Bombay Bombers
>>>
Thank you guys!

Lavasa is a good driving destination with some good inclines, gradients and curves.We need to find more and more places to drive (and eat)
Very very enjoyable, entirely due to the participants, including the young ones and the better halves.

Excellent photographs by our artists; pjbiju has an excellent eye for detail( a closet cinematographer/ still photographer perhaps?).

Agree - Sean is our official photographer; he is an excellent closet gourmet too, especially of the cuisine and the fermented offerings of the Konkan and the north-eastern regions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi All,

Was a tad disappointed with the food at Chor Bizzare.

The rains on the drive back from Lavasa were a welcome change from the heat of the day. The tea/s at Prabhat Tapri was superb and perfectly complemented the weather. Thank you Captain Sir. This place will be a must stop for every drive to Lavasa. Misal and Chai next time!

Faced a huge traffic jam after Lonavala on the e-way. Maybe it was due the rains and the weekend traffic returning to Bombay. Reached Karjat at around 9.00 pm, dropped of Parimal at the station and then proceeded to my farm. Wrapped up there at around 11.00 pm and began my journey home, reaching at 12.15 am.
>>> The food was disappointing- not quite there and the Kashmiri spread was thin on the ground. I guess, till now, the best has to be Kakori House, vegetarian food included, with Baghdadis coming a close second.

The tea was energising. The drive during the thunderstorm was fun, the hold up at Lonavla,possibly due to a landslide, irritating and time consuming.

I reached home at just after 12.00 after having done exactly 432 kms- I, Sprucegoose and hvishwanathan took a wrong turn for our exit to the Mumbai -Pune bypass road/NH4 and found ourselves travelling toward Satara almost immediately. We drove slowly looking for a place and a space in the divider to turn and must have done about 10 odd kms toward Satara before we found a place and backtracked. Meanwhile gostel had got lost while trying to negotiate his way after the Paud toll plaza to the NH4.

I, Sprucegoose and gostel kept in touch and met near Sayaji Hotels on the NH4 and re -assembled again after the Expressway toll plaza, with hvishwanathan veering leftwards to a stop on seeing us.
We decided to have dinner at the Khopoli food court which was terribly crowded and wet due to the unexpected rains.

Had a good dinner, courtesy Sean's recommendations and wallet and wafted back home. Excellent vada pav and kokum, hot'n' spicy and cool & refreshing respectively.

A very nice drive with very good friends.

I plan to link up with Sprucegoose for the Autocar Performance Show in BKC this Friday afternoon. Please join if possible.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 16th November 2010 at 13:37. Reason: Made corrections
Old 16th November 2010, 13:57   #122
BHPian

Contact details

@nanduchitnis: Sir could you post the contact details which you took down, so that we all can stay in touch on a regular basis.

This would also help us to plan and coordinate better for all future meets.

@ issigonis: If on Friday, what time you guys plan to meet for the Auto expo? I will try and make it on Friday.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:03   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post

@ issigonis: If on Friday, what time you guys plan to meet for the Auto expo? I will try and make it on Friday.
>>>
Vish,

Will find out from Sprucegoose and let you know; I reckon Friday evening will get crowded, how about Friday afternoon post lunch, when other visitors will be drowsy in office?

By the way, do start a thread on your mods- it will be hugely interesting for all of us.

Regards, drive safe
Old 16th November 2010, 14:05   #124
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
@nanduchitnis: Sir could you post the contact details which you took down, so that we all can stay in touch on a regular basis.
Please don,t post personal details on public forum.

Captain chitnis. Can you send a bulk mail to all from your mail id instead?
Old 16th November 2010, 14:10   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Now there is a new competetor for the Dada's car, Pic are coming .
I think Dada's car has auto shine option.

I think you have missed too many meets, he did it just after the LoP meet.

I hope atleast you watched the grand final.
Yup, I missed the Baghdadi meet and Spruce missed the Kakori house one and finally I missed the Lavassa one. Hence might have missed his haircut earlier as we haven't met post LOP.

Yes sir, I did see the grand final on that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Will find out from Sprucegoose and let you know; I reckon Friday evening will get crowded, how about Friday afternoon post lunch, when other visitors will be drowsy in office?
Dada, I too am planning on going there on Friday. Let me know the time so that I can slip out from office early on that day
Old 16th November 2010, 14:20   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>
Thank you guys!

Excellent photographs by our artists; pjbiju has an excellent eye for detail( a closet cinematographer/ still photographer perhaps?).
Thank you. I am trying to get used to my digital camera. These were the first few photos that I took with it. And yes, I love photography. I am not sure how good I can get though.

Quote:
I reached home at just after 12.00 after having done exactly 432 kms- I, Sprucegoose and hvishwanathan took a wrong turn for our exit to the Mumbai -Pune bypass road/NH4 and found ourselves travelling toward Satara almost immediately. We drove slowly looking for a place and a space in the divider to turn and must have done about 10 odd kms toward Satara before we found a place and backtracked. Meanwhile gostel had got lost while trying to negotiate his way after the Paud toll plaza to the NH4.
This was something that I was afraid of and was at the back of my mind while driving back. Glad that you found your way back. Some of us from Pune should have advised you on this. In fact after you start moving towards Satara, the first place that you can turn back is after about 1.4 km. On the right hand side there is a building with a place called WONDER FUNKEY. This is displayed prominently. Bang opposite to it you can turn left and then there is an underpass to get to Wonder Funkey and in turn you can get back towards Mumbai. Hope it is not an issue the next time.

Anyway here is a map on how to get back towards Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune at Chandini Chowk while coming from Lavasa/Mulshi.
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-chandinichowk.png

And a few more pictures now.

MX6 and his parents.
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-13.jpg

One of the numerous flowers at Lavasa. I could not get it focused properly (need to learn how the camera works)
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-14.jpg

The townhall
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-7.jpg

Terratoise
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-6.jpg

Did not the ladies see this shop?
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-21.jpg

The bridge and the buildings under construction
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-2.jpg
-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 16th November 2010 at 14:33.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:59   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Anyway here is a map on how to get back towards Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune at Chandini Chowk while coming from Lavasa/Mulshi.
Attachment 454170
you can use the road in pink in the following pic to join mumbai highway as it is two way road.
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-chandinichowk.png
Old 16th November 2010, 16:02   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
you can use the road in pink in the following pic to join mumbai highway as it is two way road.
Attachment 454244
AP it has now been made a no entry. Though a few vehicles do break the rule, we people cannot break it as the board is clearly shown! :P

However, one can get into the Kothrud exit and take a U-turn from there and merge with the "pink line" road you marked! As shown already by Biju!

Last edited by anilisanil : 16th November 2010 at 16:05.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:16   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
AP it has now been made a no entry. Though a few vehicles do break the rule, we people cannot break it as the board is clearly shown! :P
Oops,
i always use the road to enter highway toward satara while coming from kothrud.
I had so many times seen the vehicles entering the highway from the road marked pink.
As you have posted that it is made one way, then case may be different.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:36   #130
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
One of the numerous flowers at Lavasa. I could not get it focused properly (need to learn how the camera works)
Thanks for the photo of my and my folks!

And I don't know how the camera works. But I do know how pjbiju works!
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-2.jpg
Old 16th November 2010, 16:47   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Thanks for the photo of my and my folks!

And I don't know how the camera works. But I do know how pjbiju works!
Attachment 454325

@MX man you rock! I guess you are waiting for Biju to post that flower shot, foresight!!
Old 16th November 2010, 18:31   #132
BHPian

@bolbolero, thanks sir, for our lovely picture inside Chor Bizzare, longing for food. I shall treasure this picture for it does not show my expanded abdomen, hehe.

@pjbiju, man your pictures rock. You could use manual focus mode to get the flower into focus. I think it is called macro focus?

@issigonis, thanks again for this drive and meet and eat; but I must remind you of your promise made at Lavasa, to honor me with a Kakori House visit. You know I sorely missed that one the last time

Biju's map direction is the correct way to get onto the highway at Chandni. We got lost, but in a recoverable way, as I discovered today. We used the desi GPS by asking passers-by for directions and then cross checking it at every fork. So we went straight on the Pashan Road to one circle near Pashan Gaon, then left on the circle, followed by the first right. This got us onto the Pashan-Sus Road. Kept driving, crossed two bridges: the first over a nullah; the second over the highway. This got us onto the Mumbai-headed side of the highway, in about 8kms from Chandni. Another 5kms got us to Hinjewadi where we met up with issigonis and sprucedgoose. The rest was great, except for the tiring jam after Lonavla.

Please allow me to post a few more pictures from my camera.

The train station on our way to the meet
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-gostel1.jpg

This side of the Dam at Lavasa
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-gostel2.jpg

Example of a hair-pin bend; because first time you take such a bend your hair may stands like pin
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-gostel3.jpg

One example of the many smooth curves at Lavasa (they operate a road-sweeping machine on these curves)
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-gostel4.jpg

Here are: Sean the elected photographer of Bombers; spruced sprucegoose; keen_to_know whatever; and Rahul.
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-gostel5.jpg

Bolero's street performers seen in performance mode
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-gostel6.jpg

This next picture does not exactly catch the excitement of the downpour
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-gostel7.jpg

@ashish bhau, next time you should not be in twelve minds; but attend such a drive/meet.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:43   #133
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Oh man. So many nice photos. I made a damn mistake by leaving my pentax behind in the car. Decided not to walk back from chor bizzare to the parking lot.
But I do have some taken from my camera. I shall load them shortly.

@anilisanil. That was a random shot from me. But when PJBiju came with that photo and the statement, I couldn't hold back. Had to let loose the devil in me.

@bolbolero. You caught me ragging tirthankar! Wow.

TB. Are you seeing these? You are famous man.

Last edited by MX6 : 16th November 2010 at 18:49.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
@ashish bhau, next time you should not be in twelve minds; but attend such a drive/meet.
I am always ready for such drives and meets but....
....kya karu, i am busy with my oncoming trip to MP and Gujrat.

Next time, ...pakka....

Nice pics,
Old 16th November 2010, 19:08   #135
BHPian

@ AP Bhau, you were sorely missed at this meet. Please make yourself available for all further meets.

@Bombay Bombers, do I sense another Kakori House meet on the horizon?

@ all the guys who couldn't make it for this meet, you need to make up for it and plan another meet, alongwith the customary Black Forest cake!

I too got confused and entered the road to Pashan. Thankfully for me I had Parimal riding shotgun and with his knowledge of the roads, we managed to get back on the Mumbai Pune highway NH4 (towards Mumbai) in no time at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks