Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 07:02   #1846
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
A comment on the Route for this ( Pune >Varandh> Tamhini>Pune ) Drive

This will perhaps answer many Q's

1) Why Bhor (first) > Varandh & why not Tamhini ( first )> Varandh > Pune

Answer :
1) Shivapur Area & the Toll booth there -- better be avoided in the evening ( while coming back ) . People who frequent must be knowing the evening time delays at the Toll Booth & the Shivapur 'Bhel Chowpaty chaos '
Sudarshan sir, I can confirm only if this is a family inclusive meet. Till such a meet happens I will be unable to attend any planned meet!

I agree with the reasoning for the route, but please also note that traffic at the Bavdhan toll naka near Chandni chowk is also horrible late on weekend evenings during the monsoon. though not as bad as the Shivapur toll plaza!
We may need to plan our time better
Are we going to the Ganpati temple in Mahad?
And where do we have lunch?

More questions later
Old 8th August 2011, 08:08   #1847
BANNED

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Sudarshan sir, I can confirm only if this is a family inclusive meet. Till such a meet happens I will be unable to attend any planned meet!
This must be family inclusive/family drive --I have taken it for granted , , even I too 'will have to take' family along .

Quote:
I agree with the reasoning for the route, but please also note that traffic at the Bavdhan toll naka near Chandni chowk is also horrible late on weekend evenings during the monsoon. though not as bad as the Shivapur toll plaza!
Yes I am aware of it , but I have chosen a Lesser Evil --- In worst case people can 'walk down ' to Pune from Bavdhan --Its so near so no tension

Quote:
We may need to plan our time better
Are we going to the Ganpati temple in Mahad?
And where do we have lunch?
Let the discussion go on , we will find more answers

Quote:
More questions later
Why not ? Let everyone join discussions & have their opinions too .

I think we need to fix this by Friday max

Sudarshan
Old 8th August 2011, 08:13   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This must be family inclusive/family drive --I have taken it for granted , , even I too 'will have to take' family along .
Cool, I have updated the list

Proposed drive / Meet

Date: 21-8-2011

Time : 7 am ( departure) 6 pm ( arrival )

Route:
Pune > NH 4> Bhor > Varandh ghat > Mahad (NH 17 ? ) > Mangon > Tamhini ghat > Mulshi > Pune

Confirmed:
1. Sudarshan +
2. Mikon
3. selfdrive +

Tentative:
1. amitwlele
Old 8th August 2011, 09:03   #1849
Distinguished - BHPian

This one I'll have to sit out. Not to be a spoilsport, but has anyone traversed the route through tamhini ghat in the last few weeks? My colleague had been to mangaon three weeks back, and was cribbing about the road - full of potholes and he could only manage 30odd kmph throughout the ghats.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th August 2011 at 09:24.
Old 8th August 2011, 11:20   #1850
Senior - BHPian

If this is fixed for 21st, then I am in.

Proposed drive / Meet

Route:
Pune > NH 4> Bhor > Varandh ghat > Mahad (NH 17 ? ) > Mangon > Tamhini ghat > Mulshi > Pune

Confirmed:
1. Sudarshan +
2. Mikon
3. selfdrive +
4. Swanand +

Tentative:
1. amitwlele
2. Subodh (keeping as tentative till he confirms, rather lands up for the drive).
Old 8th August 2011, 11:30   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
The junior has a few questions, not necessarily in the same order:
- when will he get to drive next in the big green vehicle with the shed? I need to explain the vent system on your LR better, Sudarshan sir!
- when will he meet the 1+ boy on his school bus route? (the one whose pic was shown to him by the uncle in dark glasses)
- when are we going to vohuman next?
- why do we put cheese slices (instead of cubes) in omelets when we make them at home?
- when will he get to see the car built by dada? (didnt remember Tejas' name, I had to prompt him)
Amazing pics! liked them all. Had a great time at the meet.
I'll get my car in perfect shape as soon as possible. I am taking it even more seriously for the 'junior' now .
Tejas Ingle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 14:46   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Fact File:
  • First one to arrive : RemingtonSteele
  • Last one to arrive : selfdrive
  • Total count : 15+
  • Total number of omelettes consumed : Too many to count
  • Total number of maska-buns : Too many to keep count
  • Total Bill : The cafe owners probably just considered the total count & just added a few zeros and came out with the figure
Quote:
From my side
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Lovely meet. The venue made it a big draw (awesome breakfast!) and we had an excellent turnout even so early on a Saturday morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Yet Another Awesome Meet.
Let the pictures do the talking (though very less)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Fantastic meet, faboulous cheese-Omlet, classy Bun-maska & fundu BHPians, doesn't it say all ??

I was the first to reach the meeting spot Cafe Vohuman.
Last one to reach was Selfdrive with junior.
Look forward to the next meets and hope to catchup with the guys who didn't turn up today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
Guys, I truly wanted to be a part of this - would have been my first - unfortunately, I had taken the steering off my Opty (check this), so could not get my car out!

When is the next meet - will try to make it then!
Just wanted to thank you all for the way you welcome newbies like me. It was so simple and informal. Me and Ajinkya are excited in being part of such a great forum and have the opportunity to stay in touch with you all.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th August 2011 at 20:40. Reason: Long post quotes trimmed.
padikpanther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 16:34   #1853
BANNED

Quote:
Explanation : this ( above ) does not mean that bachelors cant come .

following are included

Bachelors ( in strict sense )

Bachelors , ( technically )

Bachelors ( temporary ) ( Married but enjoying all the things ) ( family-men without the presence of family )

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 16:37   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Just wanted to thank you all for the way you welcome newbies like me. It was so simple and informal. Me and Ajinkya are excited in being part of such a great forum and have the opportunity to stay in touch with you all.
My bad luck missed this meet and intro with you @padikpanther.

Will catch you in other meet.

btw: let's plan for next drive meet on bullet what say?

Thanks,
Vishal.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:10   #1855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Explanation : this ( above ) does not mean that bachelors cant come .

following are included
Bachelors ( in strict sense )
Bachelors , ( technically )
Bachelors ( temporary ) ( Married but enjoying all the things ) ( family-men without the presence of family )
Sudarshan
lol. Good that you put this up sir.

Had kept myself off the list, as I might not be in Pune that weekend. But if in case my trip's cancelled, are there any bachelors coming on this trip? A car-less bachelor needs a seat.

Incentive : You'll get a dedicated shutterburg. Imagine the number of pics of you & your car with the ghats in the background!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th August 2011 at 17:11.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:16   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
My bad luck missed this meet and intro with you @padikpanther.

Will catch you in other meet.

Thanks,
Vishal.
Hey Vishal,
This meet I could barely manage, as reached Pune late night (actually early morning). We will definitely meet next time, eagerly looking forward to the same, as the crowd is really awesome. About the next drive meet on a bullet – always a capslock YES with a font size 72 (provided my professional commitments allow)
padikpanther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 17:36   #1857
Senior - BHPian

@dot, if you are reading this, will your kiddo be joining us too? I have assumed you are coming for this drive meet
anyone else with kids joining in, let me know before hand so I can plan & shop accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
About the next drive meet on a bullet – always a capslock YES with a font size 72 (provided my professional commitments allow)
Can some of us RE fans get a ride or two too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
A car-less bachelor needs a seat.
You are most welcome!

Guys, I had mentioned the September Kaas meet to a few of you. It is being planned here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...hp-meet-2.html

Last edited by selfdrive : 8th August 2011 at 17:58. Reason: added assumption for dots participation!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 17:42   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
@dot, if you are reading this, will your kiddo be joining us too? I have assumed you are coming for this drive meet
anyone else with kids joining in, let me know before hand so I can plan & shop accordingly.

Can some of us RE fans get a ride or two too?
You are welcome @selfdrive I am just hoping that this should happen.

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 18:06   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
If this is fixed for 21st, then I am in.

Proposed drive / Meet

Route:

Wht is the road condition of Varunda and Tamhini ghat? If bad then best to drive in Jeeps and avoid Civics and City with low GC.
Old 8th August 2011, 18:14   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Wht is the road condition of Varunda and Tamhini ghat? If bad then best to drive in Jeeps and avoid Civics and City with low GC.
Dang, that means the Jazz would be out too :( Edit: selfish me!
Anyone been there of late, would it be that bad?

Last edited by selfdrive : 8th August 2011 at 18:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks