Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 18:22   #3421
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

What is the average km, you can go in reserve? with 50 kms i see the line going close to the edge of red mark. so not sure how far it can go in reserve.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:00   #3422
Senior - BHPian

When the message your Scorpio is running on reserve fuel comes, there is 20 litres of fuel in it.

This happened with we on a trip last weekend. The message came, we drove on another 10 KM on the highway, got the tank done up full, it was 39.9 litres that went in.
Old 13th May 2013, 13:04   #3423
Senior - BHPian

New PUC norms

I'm sure most of you would be aware of this new norm of PUC - w.e.f. 23rd February, 2013 all BS IV vehicles shall now have a PUC validity of 12 months from the date of issue.

I got to know just a few minutes back when I had gone to get the PUC for my m-Haw-Haw of 2012.

The norm for pre-BS IV vehicles, remains unchanged.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 16:02   #3424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
New PUC norms

I'm sure most of you would be aware of this new norm of PUC - w.e.f. 23rd February, 2013 all BS IV vehicles shall now have a PUC validity of 12 months from the date of issue.

I got to know just a few minutes back when I had gone to get the PUC for my m-Haw-Haw of 2012.

The norm for pre-BS IV vehicles, remains unchanged.
Where did you get PUC checked from? Anywhere in Gurgaon?
Old 13th May 2013, 20:33   #3425
Senior - BHPian

I got it checked in Delhi but the guy said that it is in force for NCR also.

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-puc.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Where did you get PUC checked from? Anywhere in Gurgaon?
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 11:05   #3426
Senior - BHPian

So for 60 bucks I get 12 months of PUC ? great the Rs. 180 saved means 10 more cartridges to shoot skeet.
Old 14th May 2013, 19:05   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
However, noticed a small amount of smoke (white) emitted through the outlet. Is this normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Not very normal unless this was a one off incident. Keep a strict eye on the oil levels and monitor even slight changes at the dipstick.
Thank you for your response devdathji. Got it checked in IG Workshop and he said its common for a small amount of smoke to come out of the dipstick outlet. The mech checked for back compression (the oil should spit out of outlet if that's the case) and if there was heavy black smoke emitted. Nothing of that sought, so seems good.
Old 14th May 2013, 19:06   #3428
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
You can't compare the fit and finish of a Honda or a Toyota to a Mahindra. But on the other hand you cannot abuse the above brands like you can a Mahindra.
Google 'Killing a toyota BBC top gear' - perhaps this will change your perception - actually its just a fun episode of top gear.
But come to think of it a Toyota hi-lux is a pretty strong contender for a vehicle that can take pretty much all the abuse that's directed at it.

Perhaps your statement was in reference to an average japanese pascar Vs a 'rugged' Indian utility vehicle.
Old 14th May 2013, 19:21   #3429
Senior - BHPian

Shahid, the charge is Rs.100/- and not 60. Ok, to be honest dunno what is the rate in Gurgaon since I got it done in Delhi.

You save 140.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post

So for 60 bucks I get 12 months of PUC ? great the Rs. 180 saved means 10 more cartridges to shoot skeet.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:11   #3430
Senior - BHPian

GD can you post some pictures of where exactly the tool kit, spanners and wheel spanner are located in the Scorpio ? I looked under the middle seat couldnt find anything. There is a Landcruiser typre bottle jack under the front passenger seat and a single spanner key in a plastic sleeve in the glove box. Where is the rest stowed ?

Yes Sir, in Gurgaon a three month pollution certificate costs Rs. 60 at all locations.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:40   #3431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Google 'Killing a toyota BBC top gear' - perhaps this will change your perception - actually its just a fun episode of top gear.
But come to think of it a Toyota hi-lux is a pretty strong contender for a vehicle that can take pretty much all the abuse that's directed at it.

Perhaps your statement was in reference to an average japanese pascar Vs a 'rugged' Indian utility vehicle.
You are right, I am talking about the models available in India. Even though the Fortuner has the Hilux innards, I doubt that most of the owners would be subjecting it to extreme use given the price and maintenance costs

Quote:
GD can you post some pictures of where exactly the tool kit, spanners and wheel spanner are located in the Scorpio ? I looked under the middle seat couldnt find anything. There is a Landcruiser typre bottle jack under the front passenger seat and a single spanner key in a plastic sleeve in the glove box. Where is the rest stowed ?

Yes Sir, in Gurgaon a three month pollution certificate costs Rs. 60 at all locations.
There is no storage space in a Scorpio.
The bottle jack & the tool kit (1 plier, 1 double ended screw driver, 1 spanner 12-13 size) are under the front passenger seat. The jack held by retracting it and tool kit tied using a Velcro strip to the floor.
The Wheel Nut spanner & the jack handle (tommy) are hung at the back/under the third row (front facing seats)
Nothing else is provided.

In Mumbai it has always been 6 month PUC for Rs. 100 earlier & now Rs. 110.

Last edited by m_upreti : 15th May 2013 at 13:45.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:45   #3432
Senior - BHPian

Foretuner is created on a Toyota Forerunner and Hi-Lux Surf platform, the chassis today is shared by Innova, Hi Lux and Hi Ace Van.
Old 16th May 2013, 09:15   #3433
Senior - BHPian

For the last some days my TPMS is a acting up, I am constantly getting the low pressure warning for the front right wheel and as per the TPMS the pressure is down to 18.6 psi, however when I had the tyre checked manually the pressure was 31.6.

The cause for my wonder is that as per the TPMS, the pressure reduced overnight by about 4 psi, once the car runs for some time it increases by 1 psi (head would cause the air to expand), but in reality there is no pressure loss in the tyre.

Any ideas
Old 16th May 2013, 10:40   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the last some days my TPMS is a acting up, I am constantly getting the low pressure warning for the front right wheel and as per the TPMS the pressure is down to 18.6 psi, however when I had the tyre checked manually the pressure was 31.6.

The cause for my wonder is that as per the TPMS, the pressure reduced overnight by about 4 psi, once the car runs for some time it increases by 1 psi (head would cause the air to expand), but in reality there is no pressure loss in the tyre.

Any ideas
Do not waste your time bo
thering two hoots about these cheap taiwani Gizmos.

If they were so good and reliable Range Rover and Landcruiser would have deployed them long ago not Mahindra would have introduced this feature.

In all cases it will not go to a desert but suppose some politician friends of mine from Rajasthan go to an election rally and to cover rural areas on sand tracks deflate to 20 psi imagine the beeping and buzzing that will start in the vehicle.

Many times I have verified the tyre pressure of my scorpio tyres against the displayed value both with a very high quality Milton USA gauge and pure brass Bushranger, Australian gauge or my Bushranger electronic gauge the value is true in all these gauges and usually + 5 to 8 psi in this Mahindra system.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:17   #3435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For the last some days my TPMS is a acting up...
When was the battery in the wheel sender unit changed last? Usual life is 4-5 years.

Reset the TPMS system - do what is known as 'L5'.
Quote:
Do not waste your time bothering two hoots about these cheap taiwani Gizmos.
If they were so good and reliable Range Rover and Landcruiser would have deployed them long ago...
The Volvo XC90 & VW Touareg have TPMS.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 16th May 2013 at 11:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks