Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 16:49   #3391
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
My scorpio sle 40k service cost is near 10k. Does this mean that Scorpio will become a white elephant to maintain in near future ?
Not really. 7-10k is what I usually spend every 30k kms as well. In fact, if you want save on some unnecessary expenditure, you could very well skip the 5K kms service that M&M recommends. I have never gotten it done and have had zero issues.
Old 27th April 2013, 23:29   #3392
BHPian

And after the service I had replaced the windshield due to a crack. Guess what the service guys forgot to fit the wipers back. I was splashing water from pump and no wipers seen.
Then it was lying in back seat and had to fit it myself. Really irresponsible service
Old 28th April 2013, 21:50   #3393
BHPian

Car : Scorpio Vlx, mHawk, 2008, 1,05,xxx kms

Issue : A small amount of smoke emitted from the engine oil dip-stick outlet.

After a short drive within the city, I casually checked the engine oil level. It's about half way mark on the dip stick. Done close to 6K kms since the previous oil change.

However, noticed a small amount of smoke (white) emitted through the outlet. Is this normal?

Checked if the smoke still comes up after a while, about 2 hours later, but there was no smoke. Drove around 20kms and checked, there was smoke. So, once the engine has run for a while, its puffing up.

Last edited by aviorp : 28th April 2013 at 21:54.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:47   #3394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Guess what the service guys forgot to fit the wipers back.
This is bad and careless too. Why don't you try India Garage at Chennai? I have heard this place is really good when compared to the others. A few XUV owners too are satisfied from their service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
However, noticed a small amount of smoke (white) emitted through the outlet. Is this normal?
Not very normal unless this was a one off incident. Keep a strict eye on the oil levels and monitor even slight changes at the dipstick.
Old 29th April 2013, 16:20   #3395
BHPian

This was serviced very much at India garage.
Old 29th April 2013, 18:16   #3396
Senior - BHPian

As i did a short while ago with the new Mahindra service in Gurgaon, one has to negotiate. Mahindra are opening up new service centres to cope with a huge number of vehicles sold. In Gurgaon alone the no. of service has gone up to three from one in the last two months.

As they scamble for business initially a smart customer can negotiate their terms very well with them. Today they relented and agreed to me bringing in an engine oil of my choice me bringing in filters and they charging only labour and that too with a 10 % discount.
Old 29th April 2013, 23:41   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
xxx

I also noticed a switch which is being pressed by the clutch pedal when clutch is released. What is the function of this switch? The spring action of this is crisp. It came out slowly when I pressed the clutch. Added to that, the rubber on the clutch pedal which pushes the switch has a deep pit(result of pressing the switch for 98k km, it is deeper than how it looks in the pic). I'm not sure if this rubber will be available. Is it necessary to take any action here with regards to the rubber/slow switch?

Thankyou
Im not sure of your model, but I have Xylo E6 and pic-2 is referred as Clutch Switch. sorry to cross-post, but our experiences mentioned on this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2968485
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 00:19   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Im not sure of your model, but I have Xylo E6 and pic-2 is referred as Clutch Switch. sorry to cross-post, but our experiences mentioned on this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2968485
Thanks for the reply Pranav. I Will be visiting the service centre this week and I will get the switch checked.

From your xylo's post, do you mean that the RPM was going low when you release the clutch? or is it when you press the clutch?

Even in my case the RPM goes low when I release the clutch(to around 500 etc but engine does not die) without any accelerator input. For normal driving I do not face any problem, but on inclines while releasing in 2nd gear it struggles and shudders at that low rpm.
Old 30th April 2013, 11:48   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Thanks for the reply Pranav. I Will be visiting the service centre this week and I will get the switch checked.

From your xylo's post, do you mean that the RPM was going low when you release the clutch? or is it when you press the clutch?

Even in my case the RPM goes low when I release the clutch(to around 500 etc but engine does not die) without any accelerator input. For normal driving I do not face any problem, but on inclines while releasing in 2nd gear it struggles and shudders at that low rpm.
due to the faulty contact points in this switch, the RPM goes very low (feels like engine dying) and again on a bit tap of clutch pedal comes to life back. in straight drive, this isnt felt as no clutch usage on speed. but whenever the clutch is used during bumps or traffic, you can feel rpm needle going down to 500 and come back to normal asap.

a minor replacement of this part will solve your worries.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 19:18   #3400
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : 2007 Mahindra SLX

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Hello Devnath Sir,

My friend has a 2007 SLX Scorpio and he is facing a lot of Hard Clutch Issues.So much So, he got the clutch replaced twice last year at authorised service centres and still the issue remains.Now the pickup has also gone down and he is facing Hard Power Steering Issues as well as Suspension Noise.On recommendation from Fellow Bhpians we took the Car to First Choice Service Centre on bellandur Ring Road and he gave an estimate of 50k.
Could you please advice as to whether these charges are justified.

Edit: The car has done 1,20,000 kms , if that helps in any way
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KA01MC8299 SCORPIO.pdf (57.1 KB, 352 views)

Last edited by InControl : 30th April 2013 at 19:20. Reason: Edit: The car has done 1,20,000 kms , if that helps in any way
Old 1st May 2013, 11:38   #3401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Could you please advice as to whether these charges are justified. please
Hi InControl,

The charges mentioned and the components estimated to be replaced seem too high.

Can your friend bring his vehicle to Anant Cars at Bannerghatta road for a second opinion? I will align the folks I know there to take a close look at it.

Please PM me your contact number so that I can call you directly.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 12:13   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi InControl,

The charges mentioned and the components estimated to be replaced seem too high.

Please PM me your contact number so that I can call you directly.
We can come down there definitely.
I have messaged you my number.
Old 7th May 2013, 21:52   #3403
BHPian

Guys a small query, I have been regularly getting my vehicle serviced from VVC motors which is an authorized Mahindra outlet. I have noticed a discrepancy in the billing and I am not sure if it is right or wrong but just wanted to clarify.

In the bill the description of the part and then quantity and then the tax of 14.5% and the rate with tax is printed and at the end when we sum it up, to the total a VAT of 14.5% is charged again. Is this genuine or the dealer trying to fleece the customers.

Another query was regarding the 50 K service where the hubs are greased. The major service price has been increased from 2700 to 3150. So ideally the hub greasing is supposed to be completed under this right (If I am not wrong). I was charged extra 1350 for hub greasing front two and rear hub greasing one for 900 which totalled to 2250 which did not make any sense. I may be wrong but just wanted to check if this has happened with anyone.

From 1100D's post found that his Clutch master cylinder was replaced under warranty but I had to shell out 1816.59 even though my vehicle was under the extended warranty.

Request the gurus to clarify my doubt. Thanks in advance.
octane78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 07:17   #3404
BHPian

Need help guys. A friend who gone out of city for 2 months left his Scorpio with me to look after. When I walked out today morning, I saw that the car's (if I may call it a car!) front left tire is flat. Now, dont laugh at me but I cant seem to find where the Jack is stowed in a Scorpio. I searched around all possible nooks and corners but it seems elusive. Pls guide.
Old 8th May 2013, 07:36   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork View Post
.... but I cant seem to find where the Jack is stowed in a Scorpio. ....
The jack is usually under the front passenger seat and the long rod to operate it is under the back seat, which needs to be folded to gain access to the rod. There is a short strap, in the middle, that has to be pulled to release the seat for folding.
Is that clear enough?
This is for the only Scorpio that I have, which is a 2006 model.
It could be a different layout in the later models.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks