Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 16:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mohnish, I am not sure how much more gentle I can be..If u can believe it 6 months from the date of purchase now... I dont rev more than 2200 rpm, the external body is spotless and scratchless, I personally clean the interiors, I do not let any one even else sit on the drivers seat...yet all the issues.

But what I feel that I got a real bad piece, a QC oversite probably, which I am part by part replacing ...but still I love the feel being inside this beast, you can forget that you are driving a diesal once you are on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Hi m_upreti, that list in your post above is quite something...Seems the M-Hawks are 'delicate'. All the more reason to be gentle!!!

Yep Raj, going through m_upreti's post reflects your sentiments exactly and hence all the more reason to be gentle!!!

I understand the non Crde & the Crde have the same engine block etc except for the fuel delivery system. I figure the agrarian roots of the engine design account for its tough build quality.

I recently drove a M-Hawk VLX AT and it was extremely refined compared to the non M-Hawks. The AT gearbox in particular was extremely soft on shifting. Really liked it, but then the AT, thats getting away from the Scorpio 'feel'. And yes. it did seem more delicate than my non Crde, but I attributed that to the 'feel' of the vehicle with all the on board electronics gizmos which gives you an impression of a luxury vehicle and not of Scorp.

Any how, to recap...since the M-Hawks seem more deilcate, they need more care.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

Nippon Security System

Mods, sorry for a back to back post...but since this is a seperate issue.

I feel that I have an issue with my central locking (Nippon Factory Fitted System)

1. Once the Car is started, all the doors get auto locked after 20 seconds.
2. However, the passengers can still open their doors from the inside.

Is this the correct behaviour ?

My experience with Auto Cop in my previous car:

1. Once the Car is started, all the doors get auto locked after 20 seconds.
2. None of the doors except the drivers can be unlocked unless the
ignition is off or if the unlocking is done from the drivers side.

Pls confirm if my understanding is correect because Nippon guys say all doors opening from inside is normal behaviour, but I feel in that case there is no utility of central locking as the doors are ineffect open...and having a 2 yr old hyperactive kid I ought to take M&M & Nippon to task for providing a worthless gizmo.

Scorpio VLX does not have manual door locking from inside so in effect it is real dangerous if the door opens suddenly while the car is moving. (my kid opened the door yesterday & it was real scary for all of us)
Old 16th March 2009, 17:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Is this the correct behaviour ?
Upreti, that is indeed normal. Each door can be independently opened from inside.
How is it possible that rear doors cannot be locked from inside manually? The mechanism is the same as for the front doors.

I feel it would not be safe for a central locking system to lock the doors such that a passenger cannot manually open the door!

Also, with a child, you ought to be using the child locks on the rear doors. Activate the feature by turning the small red knob near the door-latch on the open edge of the door.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anup,

I had a different experience with Auto Cop XS, where all the doors except the drivers could not be unlocked once the car is locked centrally.
The doors would unlock once the ignition was switched off or the disarming was done from the drivers side which acted as the master lock / unlock.

I feel that option was safer coupled with the manual option to lock the door in the Wagon R, in my Scorpio VLX there is no option to manually lock the door, and the door can be opened accidently by an adult or can spring open in case of a sharp jerk leading to serious consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Upreti, that is indeed normal. Each door can be independently opened from inside.
How is it possible that rear doors cannot be locked from inside manually? The mechanism is the same as for the front doors.

I feel it would not be safe for a central locking system to lock the doors such that a passenger cannot manually open the door!

Also, with a child, you ought to be using the child locks on the rear doors. Activate the feature by turning the small red knob near the door-latch on the open edge of the door.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, in my Scorpio VLX there is no option to manually lock the door, and the door can be opened accidently by an adult or can spring open in case of a sharp jerk leading to serious consequences.
m_upreti, I cannot believe this; that the rear doors cannot be locked manually! Please do check. The mechanism is the same as the front doors.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anup,

I had a different experience with Auto Cop XS, where all the doors except the drivers could not be unlocked once the car is locked centrally.
The doors would unlock once the ignition was switched off or the disarming was done from the drivers side which acted as the master lock / unlock.

I feel that option was safer coupled with the manual option to lock the door in the Wagon R, in my Scorpio VLX there is no option to manually lock the door, and the door can be opened accidently by an adult or can spring open in case of a sharp jerk leading to serious consequences.
Hi m_upreti,
I think the issue you are facing is because the Scorpio has the door lock and the door opening mechanism on the door handle only. If you push the handle inwards, it locks. If you pull it out it unlocks and if you pull it out further it opens the door.

In the Wagon R, you had the press type lock separate from the door handle (whose only function is to open the door). I have a Wagon R too, and that has the same feature of all doors locking the moment the ignition is switched on (Silicon security system) and handbrake released.

In the Scorps Nippon system, the doors lock in the same way with a delay. But since the lock and door open mechanism are not separate, just pulling the door handle will open the door, regardless of whether it was locked automatically or manually. In the Wagon R, one would have to pull up the pin-type lock and then open the door.

To prevent the rear doors from being opened from inside, use the child lock. It's a little red knob near the door latch mechanism that you need to give a half turn. I too have a 2-year-old daughter, but fortunately she's not gone for the door handles, though she finds the power-window switch amusing sometimes (but that can be locked too).

Just use the child locks and you can breathe easy .

Cheers,
Old 16th March 2009, 19:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Fidgeting around in the glove box, I found this set o switches. Have attaced a picture and apologies for the bad quality (its taken by my trusted Nokia 9500 with 1.2 mp !!!). Can some one please elaborate on these. Thanks in advance.

@ mods: feel free to delete this post if you find the pic quality unworthy!!!
I cannot see the pic, but i feel you are talking about the 'remote locking switch' and the 'voice assist system' switch.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:51   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Mohnish has the 2.6 CRDE. Did the voice assist thing come in the 2.6 ever? Secondly Isnt this box under the driver seat?
Old 16th March 2009, 19:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

yes, the 2.6 SLX does have the voice assist system & its buttons are in the glovebox.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:47   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Gosh, Mohnish, that pic is bad! Between Nokia and you, I'm sure a better one is possible, LOL!....
Anup, you really enjoyed rubbing salt in my wounds !!!! LOL . In some arty circles that would be a masterpiece!!!
Will post a 'decent' pic soon!!!

Quote:
Hi Mohnish, I am not sure how much more gentle I can be..If u can believe it 6 months from the date of purchase now... I dont rev more than 2200 rpm, the external body is spotless and scratchless, I personally clean the interiors, I do not let any one even else sit on the drivers seat...yet all the issues.
Thats quite something...you certainly do take care...I stand corrected in suggesting you 'be more gentle'.

Quote:
But what I feel that I got a real bad piece...
Thats seems to be a strong possibility...You know I have heard of this sort of thing happening, but I wonder why it does....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think Mohnish has the 2.6 CRDE. Did the voice assist thing come in the 2.6 ever? Secondly Isnt this box under the driver seat?
I have the non Crde SLX and yep it comes with the voice assist and the box is inder the front passenger seat (i think).

@ all: Will post a decent of the glove box switch panel asap.

Last edited by Mohnish : 17th March 2009 at 00:49.
Old 24th March 2009, 00:48   #71

Mohnish ...
by any chance do you put any additive in engine oil ?
I have a strange experience with additive, till now I have never used additive in my vehicle. I never experienced the vib you talked about, probably i could not feel it. but this time my *** outsmarted me and put additive in engine oil. i fought with *** but in vein. Now the important part, after addition of additive in 1200 to 1400 rpm I could feel the vibration. also the vehicle is running heavy but smoother.

Quote:
@anup
@ramkya

Both of you'll got me thinking...what if it is the turbo, mabye mounting related as ramkya said or vib in particular rev band of the turbo as anup said....

So, is there any way to "disconnect" the turbo from spinning...A simple way?
Old 24th March 2009, 08:46   #72
BHPian

Folks,
I have a new problem in my 2.6 crde.
When i turn FULLY right i get a noise and even during running i get a clatter from beneath , most probably right side?
What could it be pls?

tnx
Old 24th March 2009, 10:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
When i turn FULLY right i get a noise ...
Probably the stop screw needs to be set correctly. Takes about 2 minutes.

Quote:
.....and even during running i get a clatter from beneath , most probably right side?
What could it be pls?
Will have to let M&M diagnose this. This is too little info to go on ...

Is the car not under warranty?
Old 24th March 2009, 10:53   #74
BANNED

Quote:
even during running i get a clatter from beneath , most probably right side?
What could it be pls?
Check the water sedimenter fasteners / bolts - they can sometimes work loose. Assuming this is on the RHS in the Scorpio, like it is in the Safari.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:15   #75

I got this problem after third month of ownership. actually it is very small issue. they have some hard rubber kind of thing over the tire housing for protecting the body and the right side of engine from mud and slush. When you turn extreme right because the tires are new or because the hard rubber has sifted by few cms it touches the tire. they will fix it in mins, either take it to service centre or call those guys at your place.

Quote:
Folks,
When i turn FULLY right i get a noise and even during running i get a clatter from beneath , most probably right side?
What could it be pls?

tnx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks