Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 09:45   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Issues & Solutions - Never explained

On many occasions the A.S.S never explains the issues to the customers. Atleast to me, the local A.S.S people do not explain anything, they simply say the issue in a word.

Last week, the Engine warning lamp started glowing, and it was attended by the A.S.S. After fixing it, they said they replaced Clutch fuse. I have no clue about it. I wanted to know what exactly the issue was, where it happened and why it happened. The service guy said its something inside the bonnet. :-), and not a visible change from the outside.

I am not too technical, But still trying to learn the issues, most of the times service people do not know how to explain or do not like to explain. Do they try to keep the customers dump? I hope yes. I would like to take their explanations on issues as much positively, and see if I can change my driving style, do better maintenance and take further care, so that I do not strand on the road in a highway on a bad day.

I feel this is a serious issue with most of the car service, even I had the same issue with GM service. They replaced several parts under the hood, But they never want me to know what was done.

Seems like these people think they were bothered by the customer's question.

I seek teambhp expert friends views on how to deal with that. I believe after spending lakhs of rupees, it becomes my car, and I am supposed to know what was done.

BTW, My car went to 20K service, as expected I had to take the car again for fixes. This has become usual, for all the 3+1 services, I had to do the same. I am totally not satisfied with the quality of service.

Last edited by agbenny : 30th December 2010 at 09:47. Reason: Types corrected
Old 30th December 2010, 10:50   #1802
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

@agbenny:

I feel you are being a bit too concerned about this. The check engine light can come due to minor fault or a major fault. Secondly if they replace parts under warranty, they have to add it to a job card/invoice/vehicle to get warranty claim from Mahindra. So they cannot take expensive replacement parts and not have it show up in a vehicle.

I am not saying A.S.S shouldn't explain properly but I feel that you are being over concerned about a minor issue.

If there are problems with you car that have not been fixed after repeated attempts, please escalate to Maindra customer care via email. You will get a call from them and they will help you resolve the issues. The forum is place to vent, but your problem will remain unresolved, unless you escalate to Mahindra.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 30th December 2010 at 10:52.
Old 30th December 2010, 10:52   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues & Solutions - Never explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
On many occasions the A.S.S never explains the issues to the customers. Atleast to me, the local A.S.S people do not explain anything, they simply say the issue in a word.

BTW, My car went to 20K service, as expected I had to take the car again for fixes. This has become usual, for all the 3+1 services, I had to do the same. I am totally not satisfied with the quality of service.
Ha Ha Ha, reminds me of the time 20+ years ago, when every service was followed by "repairing" all that was done by the mechanics. That is when I started taking interest in repairs. Now I go and keep a constant watch on what they do, and intervene before they can mess up.

Just like TBHP PDI check list, I have a Post Service Check list, where I check all the functions before signing the delivery slip. Believe me every time there is some goof up, which would have meant another visit if I had not checked!
Old 30th December 2010, 11:36   #1804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@agbenny:

I feel you are being a bit too concerned about this. The check engine light can come due to minor fault or a major fault. Secondly if they replace parts under warranty, they have to add it to a job card/invoice/vehicle to get warranty claim from Mahindra. So they cannot take expensive replacement parts and not have it show up in a vehicle.

I am not saying A.S.S shouldn't explain properly but I feel that you are being over concerned about a minor issue.

If there are problems with you car that have not been fixed after repeated attempts, please escalate to Maindra customer care via email. You will get a call from them and they will help you resolve the issues. The forum is place to vent, but your problem will remain unresolved, unless you escalate to Mahindra.
As I explained and titled, my concern is not about this one particular issue. This is happening till my first service. They have replaced several parts so far both electrical and mechanical from Keys to Clutch pedals. Whether they fix it or not, they should explain the issue and what was going on. This is not happening. Its a general issue now with the A.S.S, which, I believe is not over concerning.

So far I was only able to post my issues in this thread, and not the solutions, as I never know the solutions made by them to post.

I hope you will understand how it would be: Each time after the service, I had to take the car for 1-2 times to fix the addtional issues created by them. Car went to attend issues many are repeated complaints for more than 15 times since Sep 09. I do not think my concerns are negligible. If you ask me to explain what was done all these 15+ times, I only have the complaints I made and do not have all the details of what were done. Does the customer has the right to know or not?

Last edited by agbenny : 30th December 2010 at 11:38.
Old 30th December 2010, 12:48   #1805
Senior - BHPian

My scorpio's odo is not at 44,524 kms. So, the 45k service is near.

Few issues are-

1) Brake light switch - If you leave the brake pedal slowly or just give a light tap to it, the brake light remains on, even after you have released the brake. so to switch off the light, you have to either pump the brakes or pull the pedal upwards slightly. i guess this is a common problem in scorpios.

2) rear seat rattling - now this is the third time! any permanent solution for this?
Old 30th December 2010, 13:00   #1806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I seek teambhp expert friends views on how to deal with that. I believe after spending lakhs of rupees, it becomes my car, and I am supposed to know what was done.
Chat and talk to the people who work on shop floor and not just the top level guy who talks to you, find out their names and address them by name. Most of the time they are more then happy to see a customer showing interest in their work and share details.
Old 30th December 2010, 17:03   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
My scorpio's odo is not at 44,524 kms. So, the 45k service is near.

Few issues are-

1) Brake light switch - If you leave the brake pedal slowly or just give a light tap to it, the brake light remains on, even after you have released the brake. so to switch off the light, you have to either pump the brakes or pull the pedal upwards slightly. i guess this is a common problem in scorpios.

2) rear seat rattling - now this is the third time! any permanent solution for this?
1. Brake light switch. The plunger is jammed. Either clean the switch, or change it.

2. Rear seat rattling. Tighten all screws nuts/bolts. To prevent loosening and subsequent rattling, use spring washers along with normal washers. These would keep the nut/bolt under tension and prevent unscrewing due to vibration. If the seat still starts rattling after some time, then invest in high tensile bolts and tighten them with a torque wrench (of course using a spring and a normal washer).
Old 30th December 2010, 19:18   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
2. Rear seat rattling. Tighten all screws nuts/bolts. To prevent loosening and subsequent rattling, use spring washers along with normal washers. These would keep the nut/bolt under tension and prevent unscrewing due to vibration. If the seat still starts rattling after some time, then invest in high tensile bolts and tighten them with a torque wrench (of course using a spring and a normal washer).
Good advise, I have been tightning all the bolts almost on a monthly basis, it makes sense to use spring washers.

I am approaching the 15000 Km mark, does it make sense to go for the oil change now or run for another 5000 Km.

BTW, my issues with the security system and the music system still remain unresolved despite the customer care escalating the matter to the regional manager (Mumbai). Its is shameful that a company like M&M can't have any control / say on their vendors like Nippon.
Old 31st December 2010, 08:04   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Raj,

As Aroy said, using spring washers seem to be a good idea. I have actually put hard rubber(the rubber gasket which I got the ASC to replace from the rear spring mounts were cut to suit the seat bolts) on top and bottom of the bracket and then had the screws tightened. This ensured no more seat noises from the rear!!
Old 31st December 2010, 08:08   #1810
BHPian

Re: 2005 Scorpio Engine Pulley problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Gladiator View Post
My 2005 Non CRDe ( Done 115000 ) has a problem with "Engine pulley" and the Vehicle cannot start. It has a farly new battery (1 year old Tata Green). As per the workshop guys, the Engine pulley has to be replaced. I Don't know what the engine pully is (). Can you guys please explain me what is the engine pulley is ? What would be the cost for it.

As per him, we have to replace the following items

Engine pully.
Pully bolt.
Engine pully key.
Oil seal.

He hasn't given any model or part number along with it. Is the above information is enough for getting the parts? or do i need get the exact part number.

The vehicle is at present in Kerala and I have not experience the problem personally. All these information are from my cousin who got it from the workshop guy.
Can the Experts please answer my query? The vehicle is still in the workshop and the workshop guys have ordered the spare parts from Mumbai. I too enquired the same thing in Bangalore ( SKS Automobiles ). Even they are also telling the same thing " we have to order it from pune".

I would like to know what the Engine pulley is all about and how much does it cost. I assume this thing will no go wrong very often, that could be the reason nobody is keeping this in the stock. is that correct ?

Please help me .
Old 31st December 2010, 09:25   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
1. Brake light switch. The plunger is jammed. Either clean the switch, or change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Raj,

As Aroy said, using spring washers seem to be a good idea. I have actually put hard rubber(the rubber gasket which I got the ASC to replace from the rear spring mounts were cut to suit the seat bolts) on top and bottom of the bracket and then had the screws tightened. This ensured no more seat noises from the rear!!
Thanks a lot guy. Would the mahindra guys have spring washers with them & would they do it for me or will it be a DIY job?!!
Old 1st January 2011, 08:43   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would the mahindra guys have spring washers with them & would they do it for me or will it be a DIY job?!!
Raj,

My ASC did not have it, I have requested some body to buy from outside while the car was pampered with other stuff!!
Old 1st January 2011, 10:59   #1813
Senior - BHPian

The Scorpio was not in use since 2 days,and it was pressure washed,just before,she was parked in garage.
The driver side door got stuck,and opened after repeated attempts.
Had to oil the hinges,before,it started working properly.
Any one else faced this?
Thankfully this is the only issue have faced till now.
Also noticed a nice co incidence.
While driving out of garage,i noticed,that today i;e 1st january 2011,
1\1\11,the odometer reading was 11111.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-dsc00088.jpg  

Old 1st January 2011, 11:26   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Raj,

My ASC did not have it, I have requested some body to buy from outside while the car was pampered with other stuff!!
I bought a packet of washers from a wholesaler more that thirty years ago, and have quite a few left. You can get them from spare parts shops, especially ones near repair work shops. They are available right from 5mm to 20mm diameters.
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:18   #1815
Distinguished - BHPian

Hawk-0n-Fours® started emitting a high-pitched low-intensity whine from both the front hubs when driving in 4WD (both high or low ratio). Hubs lock and unlock okay. No noise when in 2WD with hubs unlocked, but noise persists even in 2WD when hubs remain locked.

Any pointers as to what might be wrong and what might be involved to rectify it? (I know H-4® is under warranty and the whole hubs can be replaced with new ones, but I'd like to know what's happening).

Any suggestions from you, Spike?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks