Team-BHP - A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-516.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3197763)
Ya . Good option. But if polish won't work out , can rubbing compound be an option?

Rubbing compound will create micro scratches/swirls on plastic which will be very difficult to remove - considering limited access to the console. Since plastic is already a soft material, rubbing compound by itself will create deep scratches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarnava.m (Post 3195858)
Use a light concentration of household vinegar, maybe 20%. If it doesn't help, you can try IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol)

Thanks ,it worked.:thumbs up

Before
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wp_000583.jpg

Vinegar
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wp_000593.jpg

After
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wp_000590.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 3194454)
I did ask this question some time back and got an answer to use petrol. Is using petrol safe for removing this? Is this tar or insect residue? I've not been near any fresh tar. This is not happening on the Micra, it is the white Vento that is getting dirty thus. This is towards the bottom on the sides.

Attachment 1118987

Attachment 1118988

I'm also contemplating on getting Bosch Aquatak 100 plus pressure washer as Karcher 3.5 is a bit expensive and 2.1 does not have all the accessories. Moreover, the absence of local dealers and service is acting against the Karcher. Has anyone purchased from machpowertools.com recently? Any reviews? Or anyone bought a Karcher in Kerala?

Use this : http://modifymycar.in/abro-bug-tar-remover-340gm.html

^ I did it with some 250 ml of diesel, though it needed some elbow grease in rinsing the surface with hand to dislodge the tar completely. And some stubborn spots needed scratching with the finger nail. On top of that, to remove the diesel layer, a good shampoo wash is recommended soon after the tar is done with.

Beading with M16

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wdtpjby.jpg

Coated trim with M16 as well, nice beading here :D

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-cswl3iz.jpg

Ran out of things to polish, so did up my sister's kinetic. 13 year old paint. Well it rained

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-esqp4xv.jpg

Pic in the evening

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-t8bauod.jpg

Hello guys,

I am getting a brand new Flex XC 3401 polisher from Germany to India. I am getting it during my vacation trip with the intention of polising my dad's i10. After that (means using it exactly once) I had plans to take it back to Germany (where as a matter of fact I am settled) and using it for myself. If any t-bhp guys are interested, I could sell it to you and buy another one for myself when I am back. By this I could also save on my flight luggage as well as it weighs around 3Kg ;) I bought it on amazon.de for exactly €369,43 (http://www.amazon.de/Flex-3401-VRG-2...s=Flex+XC+3401). I am ready to sell it for the equivalent of it in Rs.

I am not sure about the price of the item in India. If you get it cheaper in India, please ingore this.

I am writing this with the intention of helping fellow t-bhpians. I have no intention of marketing or making a profit out of this.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20130731_182105.jpg

Regards,
Nirmal

Wow! That looks like some hefty machine! :)

Thought I'd just post about water marks on glass. Must have been something in the rain when I went out the other day, because it left all the car glass mottled with grey water marks, and the washer fluid had no effect at all. I had been meaning to polish (rather than just clean, which I do regularly) the windscreen for a while, as the wipers were streaking, and occasionally squeaking.

Just a few minutes work, all round (wipers included), with my AutoGlym glass creme and ...problems gone. No water marks, no streaking, no squeaking. Love this stuff; been using it for years and years. Yes, it is expensive, but a little goes a long way.

I may not keep my car gleaming, but I believe that clear glass is a prerequisite for safety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmalts (Post 3198810)
I could sell it to you and buy another one for myself when I am back. By this I could also save on my flight luggage as well as it weighs around 3Kg ;) I bought it on amazon.de for exactly €369,43

Is that three hundred and sixty euros that's almost thirty grand in rupees or have I got this wrong? That's almost double of what a Radom polisher costs here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abishek2222 (Post 3199230)

Is that three hundred and sixty euros that's almost thirty grand in rupees or have I got this wrong? That's almost double of what a Radom polisher costs here.

That's a flex . Think of it as the BMW among polishers and you can draw a comparison on why its costly.

And that costs more than 30k in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3199357)

That's a flex . Think of it as the BMW among polishers and you can draw a comparison on why its costly.

It costs 28k from the local dealer in Bangalore, Sagar. This with warranty and after sales support :)
IIRC, Nirmal sells it too at a similar price point.
Its an excellent product but you do have alternatives in the form of Rupes DA at a similar price point.

My bad, Didn't know that, it's the best then. I Didn't look further than the porter and meguiars polishers that you get here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 3199384)
It costs 28k from the local dealer in Bangalore, Sagar. This with warranty and after sales support :)
IIRC, Nirmal sells it too at a similar price point.
Its an excellent product but you do have alternatives in the form of Rupes DA at a similar price point.

The price for which I bought it in Germany works out to be around 30k. This means, a German Product is cheaper in India than in Germany. Wondering how the dealers manage to do that.

Anyways, it makes no sense to buy the one I listed when the same product is available with warranty in India. Please ignore my post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3199357)

Locally you can get it at about 30k in India.

For DIY use, DA polishers are good enough - meguiars, porter cable, kestrel etc. For professional use, Flex is definitely one of the best and most reliable choices out there.

Had placed an order with carware.in for Meguiar Nxt 2.0 Wax paste on Friday hoping for it to be delivered early this week. To my surprise, it was delivered on Saturday and in less than 24 hours. Couldn't hold myself and tried it on my Unicorn and Civic. The results are awesome. Will post good quality pics soon. Great service by carware in ensuring swift delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 3199940)
Had placed an order with carware.in for Meguiar Nxt 2.0 Wax

Is this the product you ordered: Carware

Please share the pics once you are done.