Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 17:02   #7771
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
It will not protect. It will remove the rust. Im having a live experiment in my house itself with a lock. Ive to WD40 it almost every three days due to the rains.
That's very nice to hear. I can use them to restore my bike to its pristine condition and other metal products we have too. Cant wait to get one of these. Hopefully should get one with not much hassle.

Just a thought to all BHPians in this thread. Can we collect all the products used for cleaning/protecting/maintaining and create a index kind of thing with the name and its sole purpose. This will help many people including me in getting the right products for the right job.

This came into my mind since I am now searching for products which can clean my Jaipur carpets. It has a very bad odour which fails to leave even after giving a couple of surf washes.
Old 13th August 2013, 17:22   #7772
Senior - BHPian

Is Waxoyl 100 Plus Paint Sealant the best sealant for a white color car? Or does it have issues of 'yellowing' with age?

I see/hear few complaints of 3M paint sealant 'yellowing' after few years, especially for a white car.
Old 13th August 2013, 18:08   #7773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
That's very nice to hear. I can use them to restore my bike to its pristine condition and other metal products we have too. Cant wait to get one of these. Hopefully should get one with not much hassle.

Just a thought to all BHPians in this thread. Can we collect all the products used for cleaning/protecting/maintaining and create a index kind of thing with the name and its sole purpose. This will help many people including me in getting the right products for the right job.

This came into my mind since I am now searching for products which can clean my Jaipur carpets. It has a very bad odour which fails to leave even after giving a couple of surf washes.
+1 to that. I think it's time that a detailing post with all the info is made sticky on the forum.
Old 13th August 2013, 21:20   #7774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The bonnet still looks shiny and neat. Good job ! Can you share the materials used and the modus operandi and also if it was done by yourself or by a detailer? Thanks.
I used meguiars ultimate compound followed by collinite wax, did by hand so wasn't enough to get rid of all the scratches so used 2 coats of wax to hide it
Old 13th August 2013, 21:48   #7775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Is Waxoyl 100 Plus Paint Sealant the best sealant for a white color car? Or does it have issues of 'yellowing' with age?

I see/hear few complaints of 3M paint sealant 'yellowing' after few years, especially for a white car.

No Sealant will last for 3 years in Indian conditions unless car is kept covered in garage! Sealant would strip off slowly. And no, 3M sealant does not yellow over age!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 22:27   #7776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post

It might not be the sealant. If it is around the mirrors,bumper's you've noticed this, where 3M PPF is applied that is known to turn white after a few years, hence not recommended for white cars.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 23:54   #7777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
It will not protect. It will remove the rust. Im having a live experiment in my house itself with a lock. Ive to WD40 it almost every three days due to the rains.
It seems that our mileages differ!

I suppose that anything that keeps moisture and air away from an iron or steel surface will protect against rust. My experience is that WD40 certainly does this, but not in the sense that it some sort of magic coating that lasts for ever. It is not, but it does protect while it lasts.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 02:43   #7778
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm finding it very hard to maintain my White Audi in the Mumbai monsoon. This paint seems to be a stain magnet more than my other white cars.
Last month a bit of petrol overflowed on to the paint and it has left a yellowish stain near the petrol tank when looked closely. I tried rubbing compound, scratch remover, dishwasher soap etc on the affected area but it wouldn't go. None of my other white cars have ever stained with petrol overflow. Perhaps it's the 97 octane?
The mucky monsoon has also started leaving faint brownish stains in some patches. It requires a lot of scrubbing to get it out but yet it can be faintly seen.
Is there a solution to these stains? Perhaps a good strong car washing liquid soap that I should use?
Old 14th August 2013, 08:28   #7779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I'm finding it very hard to maintain my White Audi in the Mumbai monsoon. This paint seems to be a stain magnet more than my other white cars.
Last month a bit of petrol overflowed on to the paint and it has left a yellowish stain near the petrol tank when looked closely. I tried rubbing compound, scratch remover, dishwasher soap etc on the affected area but it wouldn't go. None of my other white cars have ever stained with petrol overflow. Perhaps it's the 97 octane?
The mucky monsoon has also started leaving faint brownish stains in some patches. It requires a lot of scrubbing to get it out but yet it can be faintly seen.
Is there a solution to these stains? Perhaps a good strong car washing liquid soap that I should use?

Get your car professionally detailed once at 3M or any other place where they use good brand products. There are many places who mix and match some cheap ingredients and call them their secret recipe. These can give you rich gloss but not protection.

After the detailing is done get yourself a good sealant. Apply two coats of it. Then no monsoon muck can harm your paint.
Old 14th August 2013, 08:39   #7780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Anybody from Hyderabad can tell me where I can purchase this.
You can get it from Ranigunj, General Bazaar. The shop next to Bosch outlet on the Ganji enterprises side has this
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 10:28   #7781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
You can get it from Ranigunj, General Bazaar. The shop next to Bosch outlet on the Ganji enterprises side has this
This comes in quite handy. I have been to this place and can procure one this weekend, Many thanks for the info.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:49   #7782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
For a DIY at home, the Formula 1 Bug and TAR remover is a very nifty tool. Removes tar and stains with ease and gives a glossy finish as well.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Formula-1-Bug...#ht_1343wt_906
Old 15th August 2013, 03:33   #7783
BHPian

Bought Aquatech 100 Plus from trivandrum for 8800. Joint venture by me and a friend
Haven't seen the product yet. He has used and happy with the product. Only disappointing part is form washing is not so good. He had his own service center. Form wash is not as good as in service center.
Old 15th August 2013, 15:48   #7784
Distinguished - BHPian

If the accessories are the same as I bought some years ago, it isn't really foam [?] washing at all, it is just a detergent dispenser, and, even for that, it is the weakest part of the kit.
Old 15th August 2013, 16:24   #7785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Bought Aquatech 100 Plus from trivandrum for 8800
Where did you get this from? This is 800/- more than what I was quoted from the Bosch dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks