Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 23:00   #11266
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
If the concern is the grease and oil which has supposedly formed a layer and causes problem during rains or night time then i suggest to clean the windshield thoroughly using a degreaser .Alternate solution is dish washing soap as its effective in getting rid of oil and grease.
Thanks a lot for the check points suggested. I'll check the wiper spray also if it is oily.

But my problem was during long drives and it was raining for the entire day. I struggled a lot when I was returning from Jodhpur to Gurgaon.

Need a solution- spray type. I can stop the car somewhere safe on the highway and clean the greasy/ oily surface of windshield, and continue my journey again. The glass surface will be wet and oily. Hence need a solution for this situation.

In that trip I stopped 4-5 times near the roadside dhaba and cleaned the glass using tissues. But the glass turned oily in no time.
Old 8th June 2021, 23:04   #11267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
But the glass turned oily in no time.
I think the permanent solution would be to get windshield treatment done by any professional detailer.
Alternatively, keep a spray bottle in the vehicle handy with APC/Degreaser Diluted solution in it for use when required.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 23:10   #11268
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather than a general APC or degreaser, use a specific glass cleaner. Occasionally, use a glass polish. Always clean the wiper blades too, and change them every two years or more often.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 23:35   #11269
BHPian

Quote:
Need a solution- spray type. I can stop the car somewhere safe on the highway and clean the greasy/ oily surface of windshield, and continue my journey again. The glass surface will be wet and oily. Hence need a solution for this situation.

In that trip I stopped 4-5 times near the roadside dhaba and cleaned the glass using tissues. But the glass turned oily in no time.
Unfortunately, there's no easy solution to this.
I keep a solution of Proklear APC & SFC diluted in a homemade foam sprayer in my car for those long drives and use this tool to clean the windshield and wiper blades at dusk. May or may not follow it up with Sonax Glass Cleaner spray depending on time and energy. This removes all the tar, traffic film, bugs.
Finally wipe the windshield with a clean microfibre cloth that is used exclusively for that final clean wipe. The towels that you use on the windscreen should have never touched the paint or any waxes.
It usually takes up 5-10 minutes of my break but assures that I drive with clear visibility for the next 5-6 hours.
I have tried several different approaches and products but nothing comes close to this.

Make sure your windshield is free from hard water spots as that compounds the problem further.
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 00:40   #11270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the check points suggested. I'll check the wiper spray also if it is oily.

But my problem was during long drives and it was raining for the entire day. I struggled a lot when I was returning from Jodhpur to Gurgaon.

What works great for me to remove grease and oil from the windshield is Isopropyl Alcohol. I have it in a small spray bottle. I use water and microfiber to clean the loose dirt after a wipe with Jopasu. Then use IP and microfiber to wipe squeaky clean. IP and newspaper works even better.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 10:46   #11271
BHPian

Hello Folks, I am trying to procure Soft99 Fusso Coat in India but not having any luck with that. Can the members point me to a website or a person/shop who stocks them?

I have tried checking with Soft99 and they pointed me to the distributor. This guys is totally clueless and is not responding to my messages. Every time I hear is " have already discussed your enquiry with a related person"

Below are the details shared with me and upon contacting this chap he further referred me to someone else. Not sure how to proceed.

Mr. Mohd Muneeb
PPAP Automotive Limited
www.ppapco.in
mobile no. +91 9718705024
tel: +91 120 4093939
Old 9th June 2021, 18:49   #11272
Senior - BHPian

Detailing Gurus: Will need your guidance.
my 5 yr old KIA Sorento's paintwork has seen no TLC since it left the factory. Some of the abuse could be due to the car wash brushes too.
It is quite rough and has a fair amount of Swirl marks. Since the car is black, the swirl marks are quite prominent. Now that the summer is here in Finland and the sun is shining, I thought I'd try some basic TLC for the paint.

where do I start? Any Guidance is useful.
Old 9th June 2021, 19:45   #11273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Detailing Gurus: Will need your guidance.
my 5 yr old KIA Sorento's paintwork has seen no TLC since it left the factory.
where do I start? Any Guidance is useful.
A wash with good car shampoo, like Chemical Guys
Claying
Paint correction or polishing using DA polisher and the right grade of polish
An IPA wash to remove any wax/sealant leftover from polishing
Ceramic coating
Waxing (optional)

This would be my order if I am detailing my car which is almost 4 years old. I am planning to do these as DIY when time permits. If you too are planning this as DIY, recommend investing some time for study, planning, selection of materials and tools.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 20:48   #11274
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians

I’m simply overwhelmed by the wealth of information on this particular thread.
Need guidance on the car cleaning and maintenance of the colour.
I recently got my new Tata Safari Adventure. I got ceramic coating done immediately after the delivery so that the unique Tropical Mist colour remains fresh for the time to come. This includes the coating of the windshields as well.

1. What is the simple day to day cleaning method for longevity of the ceramic coating. 2. Also for dark alloys, and piano black dashboard, what are the cleaning agents recommended.
The detailer recommended daily cleaning with Jopaso duster and once a week car wash with any car shampoo.
However are there any specific products available for car care post ceramic coating.
Old 20th June 2021, 14:34   #11275
BHPian

Team,

Came across this wonderful product for removing water spots on paint, glass, chrome etc.

https://www.greenzcarcare.com/produc...-spot-remover/

Ordered this to get rid of water spots on my 3 month old car, this is a good product. Also very VFM. Spray the diluted solution - wait for 1-3 minutes, wipe off using a MF cloth.

Note: This is an acid based cleaner and hence corrosive. Use nitrile gloves and do not leave any residue on paint/glass.

• Gets rid of hard water spots
• Restores clear windows and clear paint
• Eliminates calcium deposits and minerals

Dilution: 4:1

Since this product can be diluted and used, will last for a long time.

NOTE: I'm in no way related to this brand, just came across this- happy with it and hence the post.
Old 21st June 2021, 01:56   #11276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
Hello fellow BHPians

I’m simply overwhelmed by the wealth of information on this particular thread.
Need guidance on the car cleaning and maintenance of the colour.
I recently got my new Tata Safari Adventure. I got ceramic coating done immediately after the delivery so that the unique Tropical Mist colour remains fresh for the time to come. This includes the coating of the windshields as well.

1. What is the simple day to day cleaning method for longevity of the ceramic coating. 2. Also for dark alloys, and piano black dashboard, what are the cleaning agents recommended.
The detailer recommended daily cleaning with Jopaso duster and once a week car wash with any car shampoo.
However are there any specific products available for car care post ceramic coating.
Congrats on you Safari.

Please use as the detailer said. Jopasu duster is good. For the piano black dashboard, if you can do a PPF, it will stay scratch free for a long time. And piano black surface loves scratches and you will have to wipe the surface more often than any other part as this piano black finish highligts dust so much.

For car shampoo, 3 M car wash is good. For after wash you can use the below product. Been using it on my ceramic coated Octavia. It's been nearly 4 years and the shine is like day 1.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NW9D8FG/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 21st June 2021, 08:39   #11277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
For car shampoo, 3 M car wash is good. For after wash you can use the below product. Been using it on my ceramic coated Octavia. It's been nearly 4 years and the shine is like day 1.
That’s looking promising
Thank you for the input. Will definitely try this product. Just one query. Do we have to buff after spraying the Seal and Shine . Or we can leave it after spray . Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st June 2021 at 08:44. Reason: corrected quote box
Old 21st June 2021, 09:21   #11278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
Just one query. Do we have to buff after spraying the Seal and Shine . Or we can leave it after spray . Thanks in advance.
Have to wait for 3-5 mins and then buff it. Please do not leave it after spraying. And do the spray in a flowing motion to cover the entire panel. One or max two spray per panel is good enough. Spray from a distance of about 1.5 ft.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 10:19   #11279
BHPian

Thanks a lot Karvel. ��
Old 21st June 2021, 12:09   #11280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Siphon off all the fluid from the wiper spray tank, clean it and fill it with Sonax washer fluid. Keep a bottle of colin glass cleaner for cleaning the windshield along with a pair of Softspun microfiber cloth, one to remove dirt and another one for final wipe - clean \ replace the wiper blades as well if they are old. And one more thing - clean the inside surface of the glass with Colin as well once in a few weeks.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks