re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Thanks a ton for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
I don't think so.
i read it in any of the previous page

Quote:
Yes they are hard. It's not yet resolved.
:(

Quote:
I haven't faced this issue. But read somewhere in previous pages about some Steering column liquid drying up etc.. Check it out.
Let me have a look to previous posts

Quote:
Seeing this for the first time. Does the dust block the headlight throw?
Yeah, bit of light intensity goes down.
There is a v-shape black spot, but i know its not because of this, its design flaw.

Quote:
Known issue. Don't know if this impacts the performance. Generally the brake issues are still open for some of the owners.. Some lucky ones don't have any brake issues
last time my RM told me he will replace brake pads, let me give him a quick call.

Quote:
I haven't seen this in my car. May be the software needs an update?
i will check with RM and update you.

Quote:
Yes they are. No solution yet.
:(

Quote:
Depends. For bangalore city driving, I get around 11 to 12. Highways, I clocked 18+. However, due to the software upgrades, the system will not show any mileage above 15 these days.. But 9 seems very low. Are you used to driving with half clutch?
hmmm, sometimes as i have to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. on single gear i generally i keep my car in between 1500 to 2000 rpm and changes gear at 2000 rpm. even i m noticing earlier its was not this bad.

Quote:
Let me know if you find a solution. It's really irritating. I have wrapped up my belt knob with a small piece of cloth. (End up removing the cloth every time someone sits in second row..)
sure

Quote:
I thought only I faced this issue. Looks like I have company now. I have given my car for service today with this as one of the issues. Will post.
Thanks

Quote:
Rattling sound? Can you elaborate? Are you talking about the fan noise from the center console or some rattling noise such as the ones you would get from the doors?
No, its not blower sound, its some tak-tak sometime comes vertical middle of center console ( behind of ac control button)

Have anybody faced similar below mentioned issues?

9. Defogger upper 2 lines - few days back i used rare defogger, as there was mist inside the car because of rain. So, what i noticed above 2 lines of defogger was not working. So just wanted to know, upper 2 wires are of radio antenna or there is a fault in defogger.

12. Auto AC switch doesn't goes off - Auto switch works when i have to switch it on, but pressing again wont switch it off. If i will rotate airflow/temp dial it becomes off.
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:37   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
Some more issues of my XUV.

Please help me if you know solution of any

10. sound from rear left seat belt - Rear left seat belts hits B-piller/door and it gives very irritating sound. If any of you know the solution, please help me its very irritating.
Quote:

Let me know if you find a solution. It's really irritating. I have wrapped up my belt knob with a small piece of cloth. (End up removing the cloth every time someone sits in second row..)

If you push the seat belt towards the back of the middle row seat through the space between the seat and the side walls, this noise can be avoided to some extend.

The other solution is to buckle the seat belt even if there are no passengers.

Btw, I'm getting a khat-khat noise from the suspension (on potholed roads) as reported by someone earlier. What was the solution here? Change some bushes or the whole suspension assembly? Need to show it to my RM.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 08:37   #378
BHPian

Monaro, Congratulations on your new set of wheels! Enjoy them to the fullest and don't get bogged down with these so called niggles. Actually some of them doesn't really qualify as niggles and are quite common in other cars too. It's just that the XUV owners love their vehicle so much that every little thing makes them worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro
- Both turning lights come on while I take a turn (shouldn't only one light come on? the side am turning?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
Absolutely normal. Works that way in the XUV.
I don't understand the above. Can you please explain it with bit more details?
Are we talking about the left and right blinkers on the main console unit? Is that normal for BOTH to blink when you push the indicator stalk to any one direction? :O Usually both blinks when hazard button is on (and in some cars (after-market kit) when the engine is running and the doors open).

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80
Yeah, bit of light intensity goes down.
There is a v-shape black spot, but i know its not because of this, its design flaw.

9. Defogger upper 2 lines - few days back i used rare defogger, as there was mist inside the car because of rain. So, what i noticed above 2 lines of defogger was not working. So just wanted to know, upper 2 wires are of radio antenna or there is a fault in defogger.

12. Auto AC switch doesn't goes off - Auto switch works when i have to switch it on, but pressing again wont switch it off. If i will rotate airflow/temp dial it becomes off.
Well, the V shape spot is due to the design of the modern bulbs. It is there to help align your headlights and is present in most modern cars (although the intensity and beam spread could vary and hence is more visible in XUV).

#9: Almost all cars (including the Audi I owned earlier in US) would clear the centre portion of rear windshield rather quickly, but the top and bottom two lines would take their own sweet time. I never bothered to get into the science behind this phenomenon as long as I was able to see behind and reverse.

#12: The Auto ON switch is just that - to switch on the auto mode. You override it manually to tweak it to your comfort.

Cheers!
Old 24th May 2012, 11:26   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post
I don't understand the above. Can you please explain it with bit more details?
Are we talking about the left and right blinkers on the main console unit? Is that normal for BOTH to blink when you push the indicator stalk to any one direction? :O Usually both blinks when hazard button is on (and in some cars (after-market kit) when the engine is running and the doors open).
I guess Monaro is talking about the 'static bending lights' feature of the XUV and not the turn Indicators -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro
- Both turning lights come on while I take a turn (shouldn't only one light come on? the side am turning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
This is normal and works that way itself. To deactivate Auto mode, you will have to adjust the fan or recirculation manually.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 24th May 2012 at 11:28.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 17:10   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

This is normal and works that way itself. To deactivate Auto mode, you will have to adjust the fan or recirculation manually.
Use the "Off" button to the left side of the "Auto" mode to switch of the Auto A/C and then get back to normal AC or Auto as you wish.
Old 24th May 2012, 18:38   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Btw, I'm getting a khat-khat noise from the suspension (on potholed roads) as reported by someone earlier. What was the solution here? Change some bushes or the whole suspension assembly? Need to show it to my RM.
The khat khat noise has been with me since Day 1. Almost everything done - ripping the inside pannels out and putting them back again, tightening anything that could be tightened, replaced the rear shocker. That sound is still there.

Do let me know if you are able to get a fix for this one.
JeepSomeday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 12:40   #382
BHPian

Even I had the khat khat noise, which used to come when i used to jump a speedbreaker. If your referring to the same, then it was resolved. I dont recollect how but the RM at G3 motors, New Mumbai did it for me!
Old 27th May 2012, 13:52   #383

I got my XUV 500 (White W8) delivered on 21st may 2012 from India Garage. Hope without any niggles. I will get back after some long drive.
Old 28th May 2012, 12:12   #384
BHPian

2nd Service Done at 9450 KM , car was @ workshop for 3 days as I told don’t return it until you fix most of below issues…..

1 Brakes don't feel effective (Still an issue.. RM told M&M are working on this)
2 Grinding noise from the brakes (it’s gone now)
3 Scraping noise from front left wheel during acceleration from 20-40 kmph (it’s gone now)
4 Vehicle pulling to the left (its good now)
5 Power steering lightness reduced / fluid leaked (Hard steering) (it’s like butter now)
6 Steering mis-alignment (~10 degrees off center) (its good now)
7 Steering column hits the toes when steering is turned and clutch is depressed ( Design issue )
8 Rust formation on wheels/around brakedisks (its normal as per RM )
9 Gear shifting not smooth (it’s like butter now)
10 Clutch Throwback & clutch hardness ( it seem this got tune now)
11 'Thuk Thuk' noise/vibration from right front wheel / Suspension noise ( I don’t know why but it comes during morning time only need to check it is due to tyer are getting cold :-) )
12 Engine response is sluggish (not any more)
13 Reverse camera image take time at startup as the infotainment system boots (I paid 3.4k and fitted; working like charm although its take some time to bring images)
14 AC giving hot air (inconsistently)/ Not working at all (need to check this after new sw 4.0 update)
15 Outside smell/air seeping in even in the internal air-circulation mode (so far no issue need to check again)
16 Triangular dark spot in RHS headlight
17 Low beam intensity went down (its improve it seems dust clean and replace head ligts)
18 DRL illumination too feeble ((its improve it seems dust clean and replace head ligts)
19 Front door not closing/opening properly ( fixed)
20 Windows rattle when lowered partially ( occasionally)
21 Passenger side seatbelt keeps on hitting the door panel (use rubber band to fix this)
22 Creaking/knocking sound from the boot lid as soon as you open it. (this got tune by RM)
23 Rattles from door panels (it’s gone now)
24 TPMS warning/error (it’s no more after fw upgrade)
25 Rattling sound from the instrument panel (it reduce a lot)
26 The Silver color on Gear knob and door handles (inside) have started to give way ( it replace during 2nd service)

I am so please with 2nd service as most of my issues fixed…
Old 29th May 2012, 12:03   #385
BHPian

Sorry if I am off topic considering this is a niggles thread. But considering most of the posters her are owners, I felt it best to post here..

HI All XUV owners,

I have been through this entire thread page by page. Being a niggles thread, it surely does not give a rosy picture of XUV500.

Mahindra is planning to open the next round of booking for XUV and I am very much interested in owning one. However, going through this thread has put me in two minds considering there are a lot of negative & positive feedback in this thread as well as across the net. So would like to hear from the current owners, how they would rate the XUV owning experience so far....
  • - Do you really enjoy owning this beast
  • - Is the feeling still the same as when you decided to own it and got the keys the first time.
  • - Is XUV giving you the pleasure (driving, travelling, owning etc) you dreamt and expected out of such a car with so much features
  • - Have you ever thought of giving the car away at any time due to the niggles (big ones especially) or thought you made a bad decision buying this car (no offence meant as we all make mistakes and bad decisions in our life... )
  • - Finally, after having suffered all its troubles, would you recommend it to a potential buyer...

I own a Honda city and Innova, both as every one knows are trouble free vehicles and enjoy them to the fullest . And looking forward for a similar experience with the XUV. I understand the former ones are from internationally acclaimed Jap auto makers while XUV is from an Indian manufacturer and the comparison may not justify. But I still want to dream for the sky considering the hard earned money I would be spending.... . Sorry to say, I am totally confused.

Thanks
FundaG
Old 29th May 2012, 14:57   #386
BHPian

Strictly my OWN views..
My old cars (India & US)
M800,Swift Lxi,City
Camry '02, Camry '06, Jetta '10
I am not comparing XUV with the last line, but with the ones above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
  • - Do you really enjoy owning this beast
I love the driving pleasure. Its just awesome. Especially in highways..
  • Quote:
  • - Is the feeling still the same as when you decided to own it and got the keys the first time.
No way. I am totally disgusted
  • Quote:
    - Is XUV giving you the pleasure (driving, travelling, owning etc) you dreamt and expected out of such a car with so much features
Features, drive quality are awesome. But had to visit the service center 8 times to get them to work. Don't know it you can call it a pleasure.
  • Quote:
    - Have you ever thought of giving the car away at any time due to the niggles (big ones especially) or thought you made a bad decision buying this car (no offence meant as we all make mistakes and bad decisions in our life... )
Within the first 10 days I thought of selling. I have definitely made a wrong decision to buy in the first month. Even now, I get that feeling once every other week. You might want to think about waiting for another 6 months..
  • Quote:
    - Finally, after having suffered all its troubles, would you recommend it to a potential buyer...
Not right now. After 6 months?

Quote:
I own a Honda city and Innova, both as every one knows are trouble free vehicles and enjoy them to the fullest . And looking forward for a similar experience with the XUV.
Sorry.. You are not going to get the trouble free experience such as Innova and City for at least another 6 months I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
15 Outside smell/air seeping in even in the internal air-circulation mode (so far no issue need to check again)
Any idea on what was done? I have this issue & my RM has no clue. Was it India Garage?

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2012 at 17:14. Reason: Please read rule 5b
sheelapratosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 16:29   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Strictly my OWN views..
My old cars (India & US)
M800,Swift Lxi,City
Camry '02, Camry '06, Jetta '10
I am not comparing XUV with the last line, but with the ones above.

Sorry.. You are not going to get the trouble free experience such as Innova and City for at least another 6 months I guess.
Thanks Sheela. That was a lot of hands-on-experience views.
Looking forward to others views also.

I also came across a couple of posts by rohitbagai and nitinralli in another thread, that keeps you still wanting the XUV .. . Quoting them below

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I guess reading through the niggles thread one should take it with a pinch of salt. I am not saying that any of the niggles reported are not serious but I am saying that there are many happy stories too that are not reported (what to report if every thing is working fine ) or are not given same attention.
The glass is nearly full, so why think its a bit empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
+1 to that. People who dont report like "things are working fine with my XUV"
Like me, are to be blamed for all this negative hype. OK i agree that its not perfect, but then which car is? Every car has it own share of troubles initially, however what matters is that is that company ready to rectify that issues. Mahindra is and i hope they will continue to do so.

FundaG
Old 29th May 2012, 19:15   #388
BHPian

For the first time got a call from M&M and asked me to get eh car as they had a recall for Wiper Motor replacement. I never had any issue with it, but apparently my car was from the recall lot. It took me an hour and they got it replaced!
moleculez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 19:35   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculez View Post
For the first time got a call from M&M and asked me to get eh car as they had a recall for Wiper Motor replacement. I never had any issue with it, but apparently my car was from the recall lot. It took me an hour and they got it replaced!
My wiper motor too was changed during the second service without me giving any complaints about it. Dunno what the issues was about it. Mine is a October 2011 mfg. vehicle.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:35   #390
BHPian

Picked up my car from the service center yesterday. As of now, I am pretty much done with all my issues. Only two issues (One major one minor) remain..

Minor: Outside smell creeping into the cabin when the a/c is in recycle mode.
Major: Brake pads changed for the 3rd time. However, I still have the grinding noise every time I brake in Bangalore speed bumps.

What was done in this recent service:
1. I had earlier complained about my rear wheels looking like \ / instead of | |. They fixed the suspension earlier. However, my rear tyres were completely worn off. I demanded a replacement & got both my rear tyres changed free of cost.
2. Re-alignment done for all 4 wheels once again.
3. Brake pads changed for the front.
4. RM had no solution for AC outside air creeping in.
5. Center console software flashed.

While talking to the RM, he mentioned that the disk+Pad replacement didn't solve the issue & hence they were trying only pad replacement. But while on my way home from the service center itself, I encountered my grinding problem.
sheelapratosh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks