Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 19:24   #226
VKJ
BHPian

How to differentiate genuine from fake? any clues/hints would be helpful.
Old 15th March 2009, 23:10   #227
BHPian

The Battery in my Lancer died today.

Since the last replacement was during my cousins wedding, I had to settle with Exide Max- Rs.2300.- Not one of the popular products from Exide Stable. Lasted 20 Months.

So, I finally got BOSCH Silver today with 2 yr warranty for Rs.2600.

My OEM XETA Exide is still going on considering that the XETA will complete 3 years in June.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:35   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
How to differentiate genuine from fake? any clues/hints would be helpful.
1. Buy from a reputed dealer.

2. Check the warranty card/booklet carefully.

The fakes are very, very less in auto batteries. So don't worry too much.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:16   #229
Senior - BHPian

I Need a battery for my lancer which also supports a 4ch amp. Budget is about 3000.
I am looking at.

Amaron
Bosch Silver
Panasonic
Tata green and
prestrolite

Which model of these brands to go for? How much will I get back for my old battery?
Old 27th March 2009, 09:50   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I Need a battery for my lancer which also supports a 4ch amp. Budget is about 3000.
I am looking at.

Amaron
Bosch Silver
Panasonic
Tata green and
prestrolite

Which model of these brands to go for? How much will I get back for my old battery?
Out of the ones you have listed, go in for Amaron as your 1st choice followed by Bosch. Tata Green is iffy. Dont know much about Panasonic and Prestolite. You can also search this thread for additional feedback on different brands.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Old 27th March 2009, 15:03   #231
Senior - BHPian

I know this thread if for car battries, but I think this is still relevant -

Its been about 2ish months with my Base Terminal (Panasonic) 2.5 Ah Battery on my Suzuki Shogun; so I felt like putting up my observations here.

The earlier battery was an Exide. To put it in very brief, it was not satisfactory. But by far the worst thing it did was to keep leaking (even when the electrolyte was below the MAX level, drain pipe was always attached, etc) electrolyte and possibly even gas. The result being that this wretched, despicable battery corroded the paint and metal parts around it, esp. the metal bracket on which it sits! It even kept on destroying several rubber straps. This strap is what holds it in place. Now as most may know, its difficult if not impossible to replace the metal bracket as parts are very difficult or imposisble to find. The rubber strap replacement is also a headache as it is not easy to replace due to the layout. So Exide is not just a bad battery, but it will also make everything around it really BAD!!!

Now for the Base Terminal battery - I had to buy this battery (as I needed one immediately) even though it was filled with electrolyte to the brim by the dealer (well over the MAX mark). In spite of this, even after couple months I find that nothing has leaked out. There are no signs of even vapour or patches above the battery.

As I'v mentioned this before, I wont elaborate again, but my experience with Exide has been bad in car battries also.

BEWARE OF EXIDE!!
Old 27th March 2009, 22:25   #232
Senior - BHPian

Got amaron with 3 years warranty. cost me 2700 after old battery replacement. Bosch and Panasonic nowhere to be found. :P
Old 27th March 2009, 22:27   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Panasonic nowhere to be found. :P
Is there a Panasonic at all? Or is it the done thing to call Base Terminal as Panasonic?
Old 27th March 2009, 23:28   #234
BHPian

do NOT go for a panasonic. i would recco the SF battery. it comes with a 5 year warranty that no one else offers i presume. had one fitted a few months back to my car.
Old 27th March 2009, 23:48   #235
Senior - BHPian

^^^Whats wrong with Panasonic??? And I'm sure this 5 year warranty you are talking about isn't fully replacement warranty - must be some pro-rata discount...
Old 28th March 2009, 09:22   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
do NOT go for a panasonic. i would recco the SF battery. it comes with a 5 year warranty that no one else offers i presume. had one fitted a few months back to my car.
Myself and few friends suffered due to SF. But that was almost a decade back.
Old 30th March 2009, 14:19   #237

Bad experience with EXIDE always..

Guys, Exide or Standard farukawa one and the same thing is providing constantly poor batteries.. The battery given me trouble all the time and lets see now if it is finally getting replaced by the company. I fitted Amron in my other car and it gave trouble once only that too due to my alternator giving higher voltage but they were sweet enough to replace the battery free of cost even when the 18 month warranty had just expired. I got the alternator changed, they gave me new amron after that till now i dont even remember what was the date of that day.. although don;t even use the car much. battery is fine.

Don't try TATA green as we don't know how it is. I've fitted dat in my bike. Lets see. Prestolite is another very good quality batteries been using it in Invertor and my cousin uses it in all his cars ever and invertors too. I haven't tried Bosch earlier Amron was manufactured under Bosch technology and don't know about now. If my SF dies den i would love to switch to Amron or Prestolite or bosch.

PS: Prestolite is bit less expensive and Bosch being most expensive among three.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:43   #238
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
BEWARE OF EXIDE!!
+1 to that. I have had the worst of experiences with Exide batteries. Related thread
Old 30th March 2009, 20:51   #239
BHPian

I installed Amaron Black in my Indica last year (24th March to be precise). It has started causing problems already.
At first i suspected the starter but the problem disappeared when i changed batteries with my other car (2007 Indica DLG).
lets see if they honour the warranty.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:08   #240
Senior - BHPian

^^^What kind of problems... please elaborate a bit. Hope you have checked the charging system. Anyway, you can always claim warranty if the batt is at fault.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks