Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2015, 08:15   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Thanks for the pic, the box looks good. How much did it cost and what's the capacity? Thanks.

Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428806461.417556.jpg

Hello,
Have provided details of the three different models of cargo boxes made by Anjani Technoplast, Noida. We chose the Comforter after attempting to fit first the Tourister for our Yeti but it was too big for the vehicle. My suggestion is first to see the fit of the box to your car before finalising the model. Will update the group as we use the box more.
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 17:12   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SARIS Solo single bike car rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I wanted one for my Cruze and so roof mounted ones were not an option as I didnt want to fix roof rails or the like. Hitch mounted ones were again out unless I made some modifications, which again I didnt want to.

The lateral forces as you go up the twisty mountain roads didnt cause any problems. The Cruze is quite wide so the bike doesnt stick out on either side although the pictures may suggest otherwise. Probably because of the camera angle. You can barely see the rear tire on the left ORVM. Cant see the front tire on the ORVM at all. Narrower cars may need to pay attention to this.
Picking up the BnB Genesis 3-bike one tomorrow for 6k for my Cruze. Thanks for your excellent inputs anyway. Will post pictures post our drive :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 11th May 2015 at 17:13. Reason: Grammar
Old 30th May 2015, 10:25   #63

Re: Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers

HI all,

I have gone through a no of articles here on team-bhp as well as on the other sites, but have really not come up with a workable solution.

I have a black Xenon XT, 4x4. I am looking to fabricate and install a bike rack for the truck bed similar to the yakima bedrock, http://www.yakima.com/shop/bike/truck-bed/bed-rock . I have worked out that i will go with Thule for the bike rack. planning to use the Thule free ride 532 and mount it on the thule square bars 765. My truck bed is 140cms wide, inner dimensions, add about 10 cms either side, and the 765 should suffice.

These two parts are readily available from the thule dealer in Bangalore. Now comes the tricky part. I need to fabricate the clamping system to hold these square bars over the side wall of truck-bed. I need some ideas and details of anyone who would do such fabrication work, preferably in chandigarh, where I am presently posted.

regards
rosewarrior_101
Old 15th July 2015, 13:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Attachment 1359763

Hello,
Have provided details of the three different models of cargo boxes made by Anjani Technoplast, Noida. We chose the Comforter after attempting to fit first the Tourister for our Yeti but it was too big for the vehicle. My suggestion is first to see the fit of the box to your car before finalising the model. Will update the group as we use the box more.
Thanks for suggesting Comforter, i am also looking to buy such roofbox for my Chevrolet CAPTIVA. I am eager to know its feedback thus kindly share its experience with us. Thanks!!
Old 15th July 2015, 20:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
Thanks for suggesting Comforter, i am also looking to buy such roofbox for my Chevrolet CAPTIVA. I am eager to know its feedback thus kindly share its experience with us. Thanks!!

Hi, have been using the Comforter model since the 9th of April and have found the same to be very effective and useful. We have so far driven our Yeti with the cargo box across HP in really tough terrain and weather conditions for about 40 days in April and May, and since the beginning of June from Gurgaon to South India all the way in different weather and road conditions. We have carried all kinds of luggage in the roof top cargo box and it has held on very well. Have nothing to complain so far and only appreciation for the Comforter.
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 15:05   #66
BHPian

Unfortunately CARGOZ COMFORTER or any other roofbox is not available at Amritsar (As per my research). So now i am looking forward for rooftop luggage carriers (which is too not available for Captiva at my place) and i can see following brands QUEST 4x4, HIKER, CTRACK & AJANTA but none of these have dedicated rooftop carriers for Chevrolet Captiva. Thus please suggest an ideal rooftop carrier for Captiva. After selection, i will search the same product within North India. Advance thanks!!
Old 30th July 2015, 20:18   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
Unfortunately CARGOZ COMFORTER or any other roofbox is not available at Amritsar (As per my research). So now i am looking forward for rooftop luggage carriers (which is too not available for Captiva at my place) and i can see following brands QUEST 4x4, HIKER, CTRACK & AJANTA but none of these have dedicated rooftop carriers for Chevrolet Captiva. Thus please suggest an ideal rooftop carrier for Captiva. After selection, i will search the same product within North India. Advance thanks!!

Hi, why not call up Anjani plastics based in Noida and find out whether the Tourister model will fit Captiva and if not whether Comforter would. Their website is www.anjani.com and click on 'CARGOZ'.
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:32   #68
BHPian

Hi All,

I am about to order Cargoz Tourister model for my Scorpio. We have decided for the black color as white is not available (our scorpio is white) and we are not sure how the grey will look on top. The price inclusive of all taxes is 27k and 5k additional for shipping to Hyderabad from Noida.

I will keep you all posted on the same.
Old 15th October 2015, 20:07   #69
BHPian

Just received the product, yet to open the package. The packing quality is really good and survived the trip from Noida to Hyderabad. Can't wait to open it tomorrow.
Old 27th October 2015, 20:05   #70
BHPian

Feedack on CARGOZ Tourister

Finally got time to write on the product, was in a hurry to fix it and start on my road trip.

It came with all the fixtures including two aluminum cross bars which attaches to the ski rack, 4 clamps to fix the cross bars, 4 U clamps to fix the box to the cross bars and all the required bolts and nuts.

It took 2 hours for us to fix the same (me and FIL) as the cross bar clamps were really tight fit and took a lot of muscle power. We have decided to keep the cross bars fixed permanently and remove the box when not in use.

The whole system went thru an extensive testing of 2500 kms at 100+ kmph speed and all kinds of road including really bad and bumpy ones. There was absolutely no issues and this box really performed very well through out. We are all very happy with this product and also the professionalism of the company and it's associates in the purchase and installation process.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 14:32   #71
BHPian

Re: Feedack on CARGOZ Tourister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Finally got time to write on the product, was in a hurry to fix it and start on my road trip.

It came with all the fixtures including two aluminum cross bars which attaches to the ski rack, 4 clamps to fix the cross bars, 4 U clamps to fix the box to the cross bars and all the required bolts and nuts.

It took 2 hours for us to fix the same (me and FIL) as the cross bar clamps were really tight fit and took a lot of muscle power. We have decided to keep the cross bars fixed permanently and remove the box when not in use.

The whole system went thru an extensive testing of 2500 kms at 100+ kmph speed and all kinds of road including really bad and bumpy ones. There was absolutely no issues and this box really performed very well through out. We are all very happy with this product and also the professionalism of the company and it's associates in the purchase and installation process.
Sudipta, contemplating installing a roof box on my Innova. Can you share the contact details of the company/contact person please. Thanks.
Old 10th February 2016, 19:02   #72
BHPian

John,

Please find the same below.

Avanish Kumar
+91-9810309160
avanish.kumar@anjani.com
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
John,

Please find the same below.

Avanish Kumar
+91-9810309160
avanish.kumar@anjani.com
Would you suggest the Tourister model or a smaller one.
Old 10th February 2016, 22:47   #74
BHPian

I have the tourister model on my Scorpio and I am very happy with the size and performance. You can also go for the tourister given yours is an Innova.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:45   #75

Hi fellow Bhpians,

I will be driving to Spiti from Bangalore in my Punto 90hp soon. We've installed a Thule Touring S roof box for the trip and I wanted to check with people who have one of these (or similar products) on best practices while driving with a roof box. Is it safe to touch 100+ kmph speeds with one of these on hatchbacks like the Punto? I plan to strap stuff in properly so things don't move around in the box, but anything else I should be careful of when navigating rough roads in the Spiti valley? Any other pointers or things I should be careful of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Devinder
devinder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks