Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Are you referring to your Fiat petrol cars, or the diesel Laura? Do you consider 2T better than iftex system d or system g?
Hi,

I used the 2T oil in all my previous cars, the Fiat 1100, the 118 and the Corsa. In the Corsa, the 2T oil went in along with the Iftex additives that Opel prescribes.

I tried the Iftex additives in the carburetted cars too but did not find much improvement. I found the 2T oil addition to be very effective in the carburetted vehicles. In the injected Corsa the 2T oil addition was effective, but not as much as in the carburatted engines.

I am a little wary of fiddling with Diesel engines as I have never owned one before and in case of any trouble would not even know where to start. I have seen the posts here about addiing 2T oil to other Diesels but am held back by the strict warning handed out by Skoda Dealer not to add Iftex additives.

I therefore am yet to try the 2T in the Laura (maybe on the next TBHP drive when there are some experienced persons on hand to iron out any trouble that I may face). In the meanwhile I am awaiting responses to my post of 30 Jan here:

"Hi,

I used to use 2t (Castrol super TT) for several years esp. on long drives. I wonder if anyone has used it in the Skoda Diesel engines and what the results were.

Cheers and thanks in advance."

Cheers,
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Well, if you want to use 2t in your cars, at least don't use Castrol Super TT. It was one of the oils I found to smoke to most... and very likely leave more residue. There are better products!

As for IFTEX... their 2 wheeler additive is compatible with 2t oil. No mention is there of the compatibality of 2t with System G... so you have to use it at your own risk.
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:18   #78
BHPian

results out on my experiment !
Had filled the INDIGO with power with 2T oil. Achieved 17.23 kmpl on mumbai pune highway without AC. ( with 1 passenger )
Had achieved 18 kmpl twice before but had seen a drop to 14/15 kmpl in FE for last 2500km.
I believe this increase in FE apart from noticeably better performance , smoothness as well has to do with the additive., with no change in other parameters.
In fact i drove faster yesterday on the winding road than i ususally do.
So shall post updates on the next fill ! so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping not do any damage to her ''' airways'''
till then...
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Which 2t oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Well, if you want to use 2t in your cars, at least don't use Castrol Super TT. It was one of the oils I found to smoke to most... and very likely leave more residue. There are better products!

As for IFTEX... their 2 wheeler additive is compatible with 2t oil. No mention is there of the compatibality of 2t with System G... so you have to use it at your own risk.
Thanks for the tip. Now this leaves me with the question - If not Castrol, which one?

Thanks in advance, cheers
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:11   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Thanks for the tip. Now this leaves me with the question - If not Castrol, which one?

Thanks in advance, cheers
Try Castrol Power1 Jetx, its a little costlier than Super TT and atleast i find it better. Its my regular use 2T in the RX.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, since the 2 stroke market is a shrinking one, there arent too many options. But still there are few... and some possibly better and cheaper than Castrol -

Motul
Veedol
Gulf
Shell
BPCL

About Motul - you get both mineral and fully synth easter base stock. Its supposed to be the cleanest burning! Will in all probablity the safest and cleanest for use in cars. But the fully synth product is pricy! You can get it direct from Motul dealers.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Never knew if we could use 2T in the cars, at least the new once(MPFI)??

Am not very sure if its recommended?
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:36   #83
Senior - BHPian

Gosh dude, you should read the thread properly first! It is not recommended by any manufacturer I know. But some people here have found it to be beneficial. Its upto you to decide!!
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

Raccoon, yes i dint read through the thread properly but after going through few it looked as if many are using. so wanted to know if someone has used 2T on a fuel injected car?
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:29   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Raccoon, yes i dint read through the thread properly but after going through few it looked as if many are using. so wanted to know if someone has used 2T on a fuel injected car?
someone has mentioned using it in an FI car.
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:19   #86
BHPian

I m already using acetone+2T+xylene combo in our wagonR since last 10k Km.Its a newer car having driven 21k Km.There is noticeable difference in smoothness and performance.Haven't came across any ill effect on exhaust system.This car runs so silent that its difficult to find any engine sound & vibration once windows rolled up.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:53   #87
Senior - BHPian

Does this engine performance trick applicable to 4-Stroke bikes also. I have a Honda Unicorn? Your Views
Old 18th April 2009, 01:23   #88
Senior - BHPian

^^^Yes I'v heard that it makes bikes feel smoother too. But I'm not ready to try it in my bike... so no personal experiences.
Old 18th April 2009, 20:28   #89
HKS
BHPian

@finetuning

Which car have you tries it in?
Petrol or Diesel?
If Petrol then,
Carb or Fuel Injection?

If Diesel then
Crdi or the IDI?
Old 19th April 2009, 12:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

I've a TCIC Safari & a DI Scorpio. Am using in both with acetone. Runs smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
@finetuning

Which car have you tries it in?
Petrol or Diesel?
If Petrol then,
Carb or Fuel Injection?

If Diesel then
Crdi or the IDI?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks