Team-BHP > Technical Stuff


Reply
  Search this Thread
1,748,321 views
Old 18th September 2019, 19:59   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 5,695
Thanked: 42,467 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Swift Vxi, 1st Generation.
Tail light set (LH & RH) - original (non-transparent)
Tail light set (LH & RH) - second generation but first design (transparent indicators and reverse lights)
Attaching pics to confirm if I have understood correctly:


Non Transparent:

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-2005_maruti_suzuki_swift_zxi_1_3_2005_5620131505498230473.jpg

Part No: 35670M75J00
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBINATION LH
Price: Rs. 1190

Part No: 35650M75J00
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBINATION RH
Price: Rs. 1190

Transparent(Clear Lens type):

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-marutisuzukiswiftfrontleftrim.jpg

Part No: 35671M75610
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBINATION LH
Price: Rs. 1590

Part No: 35651M75610
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBINATION RH
Price: Rs. 1590

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 18th September 2019 at 20:02.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 09:00   #1052
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 1,093 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Attaching pics to confirm if I have understood correctly:
...
Shashi
That was perfect. Thanks buddy. Someone broke one of the tail lamps when my car was parked on a street. I have the non-transparent type. So I thought I might as well change both and go for the transparent type if the price difference was not much.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 09:22   #1053
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 1,093 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Shashi, one more request:
I need to replace the brake pads (rear drum brake pads as well as front disc brake pads) for Maruti Swift VXi (Non-ABS 2006 model). Would you please give the part numbers and cost? Would you also include the cost of the front discs (in case I need to change them)?
pjbiju is offline  
Old 22nd September 2019, 00:58   #1054
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,757
Thanked: 5,483 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Hey, I need some help with the parts for my car, which is a 2008 November, Type 2 Swift Diesel VDI. The part number given to me by the service station for the front 2 strut assemblies are:

1) 41068M75J41 - Left
2) 41069M75J41 - Right

But on Bodomo, the part numbers for the same are

1) 41601M75J11 - Right
2) 41601M75J11 - Left

Also the service station is of the opinion that tie rod ends of the Swift Diesel 2008 and Ciaz are interchangeable and they said to go ahead with the Ciaz ones to procure as the price difference is huge between the 2

For example the part number for Swift Diesel for the tie rod end is:

1) 48810M60J00 - and the price of each one is 2600, so its 5200 in total

The part number of the tie rod end for the Ciaz is

48810M76M00 and its cost is Rs 700 a piece so 1400 rupees for the both.

I also need 2 ball joints too, the part number is 48830M64J00 but I am not able to locate these anywhere on boodmo

Shashi, kindly help

Last edited by humyum : 22nd September 2019 at 00:59.
humyum is offline  
Old 22nd September 2019, 01:58   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 5,695
Thanked: 42,467 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Shashi, one more request:
I need to replace the brake pads (rear drum brake pads as well as front disc brake pads) for Maruti Swift VXi (Non-ABS 2006 model). Would you please give the part numbers and cost? Would you also include the cost of the front discs (in case I need to change them)?
Part No: 55810M75J30
Name: PAD ASSY SET
Price: Rs. 1610

Part No: 53200M75J00
Name: SHOE SET BRAKE
Price: Rs. 1500

Part No: 55311M75J20 or 55311M75J40
Name: DISC FR BRAKE
Price: Rs. 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey, I need some help with the parts for my car, which is a 2008 November, Type 2 Swift Diesel VDI. The part number given to me by the service station for the front 2 strut assemblies are:

1) 41068M75J41 - Left
2) 41069M75J41 - Right

But on Bodomo, the part numbers for the same are

1) 41601M75J11 - Right
2) 41601M75J11 - Left

Also the service station is of the opinion that tie rod ends of the Swift Diesel 2008 and Ciaz are interchangeable and they said to go ahead with the Ciaz ones to procure as the price difference is huge between the 2

For example the part number for Swift Diesel for the tie rod end is:

1) 48810M60J00 - and the price of each one is 2600, so its 5200 in total

The part number of the tie rod end for the Ciaz is

48810M76M00 and its cost is Rs 700 a piece so 1400 rupees for the both.

I also need 2 ball joints too, the part number is 48830M64J00 but I am not able to locate these anywhere on boodmo

Shashi, kindly help
Both the strut assemblies are interchangeable and are meant for Diesel swift only. 75J11 or 75J41 is your choice and the only difference would be between vendors of struts. But whatever you choose, make sure struts on both sides LH and RH are of same series, J11 or J41. I'm glad you chose to ask this doubt since I know a person who ended up with Swift Diesel's struts on his Swift petrol and hated the bouncy ride.

Regarding tie rod ends, both parts don't belong to same family and hence according to Maruti they cannot be interchangeable. What the service centre is saying is out of practical knowledge and I won't argue there. May be the parts fit perfectly and may be they won't create any issue. But whatever knowledge I can share is, they aren't interchangeable as far as root family part number goes.

I have been cited numerous examples where parts aren't meant to be interchanged according to Maruti, but for all practical purposes, they fit perfectly well.

Regarding ball joints, who gave you that part number? That series is for tie rods. By Ball Joints, I guess you mean Link rods(Joint front stabilizer), and this is what you need perhaps:

Part No: 42420M75J02
Name: JOINT COMP FR STABILIZER BAR
Price: Rs.510

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 12:16   #1056
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,757
Thanked: 5,483 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post


Both the strut assemblies are interchangeable and are meant for Diesel swift only. 75J11 or 75J41 is your choice and the only difference would be between vendors of struts. But whatever you choose, make sure struts on both sides LH and RH are of same series, J11 or J41. I'm glad you chose to ask this doubt since I know a person who ended up with Swift Diesel's struts on his Swift petrol and hated the bouncy ride.

Regarding tie rod ends, both parts don't belong to same family and hence according to Maruti they cannot be interchangeable. What the service centre is saying is out of practical knowledge and I won't argue there. May be the parts fit perfectly and may be they won't create any issue. But whatever knowledge I can share is, they aren't interchangeable as far as root family part number goes.

I have been cited numerous examples where parts aren't meant to be interchanged according to Maruti, but for all practical purposes, they fit perfectly well.

Regarding ball joints, who gave you that part number? That series is for tie rods. By Ball Joints, I guess you mean Link rods(Joint front stabilizer), and this is what you need perhaps:

Part No: 42420M75J02
Name: JOINT COMP FR STABILIZER BAR
Price: Rs.510

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you for the wonderful insight. About the tierod, there is a inner tie rod and a tie rod end right?

48830M63J00 is

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-tierod.jpg

You are right about the stabiliser, I have added 2 of them to my list at Boodmo, its already turning out to be 14 k worth of parts minus the tie rod ends which I think I will let the service station fit as if they are saying the Ciaz ones will fit, let them get it from their own store and try it as if I order online, the hassle of giving it back if it does not match.

The steering too is making a noise, so we are going to get that fixed at a lathe guy while replacing the bush. Is the bush that they are taking about here, the 'plunger'? or what is it? If you could give me some insight

The new steering for my version of the car is a whooping 27 thousand.
humyum is offline  
Old 22nd September 2019, 15:44   #1057
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 5,695
Thanked: 42,467 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Thank you for the wonderful insight. About the tierod, there is a inner tie rod and a tie rod end right?

48830M63J00
Yes this is the tie rod and not the ball joint as you previously mentioned. That's why I got confused. This doesn't generally need replacement unless you have hit something and this has been bent out of shape.

Quote:
...... its already turning out to be 14 k worth of parts minus the tie rod ends ......
Hope you have taken into account the shipping charges.

Quote:
You are right about the stabiliser, I have added 2 of them to my list at Boodmo, its already turning out to be 14 k worth of parts minus the tie rod ends which I think I will let the service station fit as if they are saying the Ciaz ones will fit, let them get it from their own store and try it as if I order online, the hassle of giving it back if it does not match.

The steering too is making a noise, so we are going to get that fixed at a lathe guy while replacing the bush. Is the bush that they are taking about here, the 'plunger'? or what is it? If you could give me some insight

The new steering for my version of the car is a whooping 27 thousand.
I don't know what all they do, but this thing has been done in my bestie's Ritz and its holding up well since almost a year.

Steering assemblies of newer Marutis cost over 40k these days.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Important:

I'd like to add something, which I had missed last night.

Quote:
1) 41068M75J41 - Left
2) 41069M75J41 - Right

But on Bodomo, the part numbers for the same are

1) 41601M75J11 - Right
2) 41601M75J11 - Left
41068/41069 are strut assemblies, comprising of all springs, element, bushes etc.

41601/41602 are merely strut element(central part).

What are you willing to replace? Please reply. Till that time, my old reply regarding strut stands useless and wrong.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd September 2019 at 15:59.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 19:53   #1058
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,757
Thanked: 5,483 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes this is the tie rod and not the ball joint as you previously mentioned. That's why I got confused. This doesn't generally need replacement unless you have hit something and this has been bent out of shape.

Hope you have taken into account the shipping charges.
Should I let the tie rod stay or replace it? It has not been touched in all these kilometers. Yes, I have. I am looking at 30 k for this entire heist including labor.The front member(where the radiator is mounted) has rusted on the sides, so going to replace that too. I am glad I replaced the rear suspension a year ago after that had started leaking. The alternator too was overhauled a year back. I would be looking at a torpedo to my bank account if all this happened together The car is turning 11 years in November and it stands at 1 lakh 73 thousand km at the moment.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I don't know what all they do, but this thing has been done in my bestie's Ritz and its holding up well since almost a year.

Steering assemblies of newer Marutis cost over 40k these days.
Oh I thought the newer Marutis had their power steering unit separated from the rack unit, hence only the rack could be replaced and for 8-9 k, you would be done. Correct me if I am wrong

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
PS: Important:

I'd like to add something, which I had missed last night.

41068/41069 are strut assemblies, comprising of all springs, element, bushes etc.

41601/41602 are merely strut element(central part).

What are you willing to replace? Please reply. Till that time, my old reply regarding strut stands useless and wrong.
I want to replace the entire strut assembly, the spring, bushes, everything. One single unit. I guess 41068/69 are that. I found them on Bodomo later, they are listed at 3610 for a single unit, same as the price the Maruti Service station quoted. Anywhere else I can get cheaper?

Last edited by humyum : 22nd September 2019 at 19:54.
humyum is offline  
Old 22nd September 2019, 20:09   #1059
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 5,695
Thanked: 42,467 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Should I let the tie rod stay or replace it?
I'd say let the MASS/Workshop handle the spares after inspection. Let the mechanic inspect all parts in detail and then purchase the spares depending on requirement.

Regarding cheaper struts, there are options but I wouldn't recommend them. They aren't free and its not worth spoiling the fun of your car for some 1000 rupees. I'm aware how painstakingly you have maintained your Swift, hence wouldn't recommend such risks for negligible money.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 01:06   #1060
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,757
Thanked: 5,483 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I'd say let the MASS/Workshop handle the spares after inspection. Let the mechanic inspect all parts in detail and then purchase the spares depending on requirement.

Regarding cheaper struts, there are options but I wouldn't recommend them. They aren't free and its not worth spoiling the fun of your car for some 1000 rupees. I'm aware how painstakingly you have maintained your Swift, hence wouldn't recommend such risks for negligible money.

Regards,
Shashi
I agree, I will do just that. The struts need a change anyway as the front ride height has gone down, the lower arms too are more than a lakh plus kilometers, rest of the items I will just let them figure out if they need a change or not.

I just hope with the steering job at the lathe guy, it does not become harder, even if its for a couple of thousand kilometers as the Swift's of my generation had a hard steering anyway by default.

Thank you for all the help Shashi.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 08:39   #1061
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 612
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Dear Shashi,

Could you please list out the part number of WagonR Vxi mirrors of 2007 model. These mirrors were huge and offered very good back view. Wanted to replace my Lxi mirrors with these.
Thanks,
Ramki
Hello Shashi,
Any update on the same?
Had also posted pics of the mirrors I wanted.

Ramki
ramki067 is offline  
Old 24th September 2019, 09:35   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 7,148
Thanked: 27,150 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hello Shashi,
Any update on the same?
Had also posted pics of the mirrors I wanted.Ramki
2007 VXi WagonR was equipped with Electrical mirrors and not conventional fold type. I am not sure if you would like to invest on this to be honest. Also, there is not point in installing this mirror when the only way you can adjust them is via electric motor behind it and manually pushing it by hand will only cause damage in long run.

Of course, what I am still not sure if VXi variant in 2007 also came with non-electrical mirrors. But if you are referring to the mirrors below, these are electrically adjustable (manually foldable).

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-frontleftside_1549696716.jpg

Image courtesy : Cars24

If you are thinking of doing all the wiring and installing the control switches for these mirrors, it will not be a straightforward task.

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th September 2019 at 09:38.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 09:36   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 5,695
Thanked: 42,467 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hello Shashi,
Any update on the same?
Had also posted pics of the mirrors I wanted.

Ramki
Yep, not sure how I forgot to reply.

There was no record found in parts catalogue/EPC. I then switched to personal experience and pinged my trustworthy guy in the spares department. He immediately identified the mirror and told its SGP and hence super expensive, costs around 10k.

Here are the details:

Part No: 84701-67K10-0CB
Name: MIRROR ASSY OUT REAR VIEW RH WAG R VXI
Price: Rs. 10795

Part No: 84702-67K10-0CB
Name: MIRROR ASSY OUT REAR VIEW LH WAG R VXI
Price: Rs. 10795

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 09:40   #1064
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 7,148
Thanked: 27,150 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
He immediately identified the mirror and told its SGP and hence super expensive, costs around 10k.
I remember this very well. I had long back asked the ASC about it and they said a pair would cost around 5000 INR (in 2010). That itself was heavy on my pocket then when I could manage with leaf/wing type mirrors from the LXi that was convex and offered excellent view compared to the stock flat mirrors that came in Type I and Type II WagonR.

No wonder today it costs 10 K for just one!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th September 2019 at 09:49.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 13:24   #1065
BHPian
 
ROG_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 298
Thanked: 1,677 Times
Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Hi, could you please let me know the steering column part number for Baleno RS. Thank you!
ROG_AK is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks